Campaign Ideas?

prophane

27 minutes ago, Bornite said:

The first sounds more interesting to me. Around what year are you thinking of?

I was thinking late TL 5, so probably 1850s-1880s range. I'll need to do some more research to develope the alternate timeline better before setting an exact date, though.

16 hours ago, TheDragonOfFlame said:

I was thinking late TL 5, so probably 1850s-1880s range. I'll need to do some more research to develope the alternate timeline better before setting an exact date, though.

Good time span. Personally, I lean towards very late 1850s or late 1880s, but anywhere in that span could be fun.

One thing to think of is if you go with the late 1880s, you could borrow a lot from Cthulhu by Gaslight. A lot of good resources there.

On 3/30/2024 at 6:06 PM, TheDragonOfFlame said:

Personally, I am more interested in running the first scenario. I like the idea of the technology developing as the game goes on, and the idea of a darker take on Steampunk. But let me know what you all think! Maybe something in the middle could work, a grittier setting without the objectively evil entities, or a setting that seems Utopian on the surface but really hides vast corruption and demonic influences.

I agree, both sound interesting, but the first scenario sounds so intriguing. I would be interested in a game like that!