Campaign Ideas?

prophane

also, to all of you GURPS GMs and potential GURPS GMs, GURPS has officially been added as a Myth Weavers Community. When setting up new games, make sure you choose GURPS as the "Community" and the game system. Yay GURPS!

image.png.326423065e52b03b8ad13f83a0fb06b4.png

I've been thinking of running a GURPS Fallout game using the After the End supplements to help with a lot of the rules. Already created stats for Super Mutants, Ghouls, Morlocks, and Vampires, all of which would be available as PCs.

Super Mutant
40 points
Attribute Modifiers: ST +4 (size, -10%) [36]; DX -1 [-20]; IQ -1 [-20]; HT +3 [30]
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: HP +4 [8]; SM +1
Advantages: Fearlessness 2 [4]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Immunity (radiation) [15].
Disadvantages: Appearance (ugly) [-8]; Social Stigma (Mutant) [-15].

Ghoul
25 points
Attribute Modifiers: HT +4 [40].
Advantages: Immunity (radiation) [15].
Perk: Brotherhood of Ghouls [1].
Disadvantages: Appearance (hideous) [-16]; Social Stigma (Mutant) [-15].

Morlock
25 points
Attribute Modifiers: HT +2 [20]
Secondary Characteristic Modifiers: RP +10 [10]
Advantages: Infravision [10].
Disadvantages: Social Stigma (Mutant) [-15]. *

Vampire
25 points
Attribute Modifiers: HT +1 [10]
Advantages: Immunity to Disease [10]; Vampiric Bite [30].
Disadvantages: Restricted Diet (Flesh of other sapient beings, fresh; Very Common) [-10]; Social Stigma (Mutant) [-15].

* In the case of Morlocks and Vampires, Social Stigma (Mutant) [-15] can be replaces with Secret (Mutant; utter rejection) [-10]. This increases the value of both templates to 30 points.

What do you all think?

Nice. I have never played Fallout, though I am familiar enough with the IP to understand it. I believe this would be a very popular game to run.

6 minutes ago, Morphling said:

RP +10 [10]

On the Morlock template, should this be HP (or FP) or is RP something else? I am blanking on what it could be.

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Just now, prophane said:

Nice. I have never played Fallout, though I am familiar enough with the IP to understand it. I believe this would be a very popular game to run.

should this be HP (or FP) or is RP something else? I am blanking on what it could be.

RP is an optional rule in After the End which is short for Radiation Threshold Points. It's a simplified version of the radiation rules in the base set.

I was thinking it might be some sort of Radiation Points. cool. I have only given After the End a very brief perusal, though I am considering it for my next upcoming home GURPS campaign, considering a Planet of the Apes type game from the point of view of Human survivors.

I've been pondering a Weird West/Deadlands style campaign centered on a small isolated town. PC's would settle on a certain type of 'crew' to belong to (ie. Union Cavalry, Confederate Scouts, Tribal Raiders, Ranch Crew, Sheriff Deputies, Independent Monster Hunters) and based on that choice get a few hooks and initial opportunities. Then things would flow from there depending on PC actions, choices, successes, and failures. More of a sandbox style with various plot threads running.

A second idea might be something very similar to a Band of Blades game but using the GURPS system. Not sure I'm totally sold on this yet, but the idea of a band of mercs on a long retreat through dangerous and hostile territory being pursued by an undead horde could be kind of fun.

Neither one will be happening soon as I'm still learning the MW site and will likely be pretty busy given work and the rapidly approaching holidays. Still, I might use the character challenge as an excuse to work up some NPC's.

2 minutes ago, DM-Tareth said:

I've been pondering a Weird West/Deadlands style campaign centered on a small isolated town.

I LOVE me some Deadlands/ Weird West type games. I would be interested in that.

The Band of Blades game sounds dark and bleak. Very cool. Keep kicking around ideas and, yes, the Character Challenge is a great way to build up some characters for an upcoming game, I plan to use it as such!

16 hours ago, Morphling said:

GURPS Fallout

Just saw that Amazon Prime is producing a Fallout show to be released in the spring. Perfect time to run a game!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/fallout-tv-series-first-look-ella-purnell-walton-goggins-1235680445/

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

4 hours ago, DM-Tareth said:

I've been pondering a Weird West/Deadlands style campaign

shoot if you want in as a player in a GURPS 4e/Lite Old West non-magical/mundane campaign I got one going that Prophane is in as well. I'm a new GM and its going kinda choppy at the moment but if you wish to be dealt I think we could work something out.

@matt_s Sure, I would be up for that if you're in need of another player. Thanks for the invite. I'm still dusting the cobwebs off the old GURPS brain and books, but I could have a character put together within a few days. Send me a link and I'll start tinkering to see what I can some up with.

Ok if you want in I'll drop an invite tonight. I'll try to deal you in soon as possible

Keep in mind that its based on GURPS Lite 4e rules for simplicity (but using kit from GURPS Old West, tables attached under setting). Take your time to get acclimated. Depending on when you are ready to go you could be a survivor hiding in the train or something like that to get you into things right quick. @DM-Tareth

On 11/28/2023 at 12:22 PM, DM-Tareth said:

A second idea might be something very similar to a Band of Blades game but using the GURPS system. Not sure I'm totally sold on this yet, but the idea of a band of mercs on a long retreat through dangerous and hostile territory being pursued by an undead horde could be kind of fun.

GURPS Myth? 😛

ร—
ร—