Qingalic MolgaardFighter 1

N
Medium
Dwarf
Strong-Blooded Dwarf
Humanoid

Perception +7; Darkvision
Languages None selected
Skills Acrobatics +4, Athletics +7, Lore: Hunting +3, Medicine +5, Stealth +4, Survival +5
Str +4, Dex +1, Con +3, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Items Hide, Healer's Tools, Backpack (2), Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Grappling Hook, Wooden Shield (Hardness 3, HP 12, BT 6)

AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +5
HP 23
Shield Block action_reaction_black.pngTrigger While you have your shield raised, you would take damage from a physical attack. You snap your shield in place to ward off a blow. Your shield prevents you from taking an amount of damage up to the shield’s Hardness. You and the shield each take any remaining damage, possibly breaking or destroying the shield.
Attack of Opportunity action_reaction_black.pngTrigger A creature within your reach uses a manipulate action or a move action, makes a ranged attack, or leaves a square during a move action it’s using. You lash out at a foe that leaves an opening. Make a melee Strike against the triggering creature. If your attack is a critical hit and the trigger was a manipulate action, you disrupt that action. This Strike doesn’t count toward your multiple attack penalty, and your multiple attack penalty doesn’t apply to this Strike.

Speed 20 feet
Melee Guisarme +9 (Reach, Trip), Damage 1d10+4 S
Melee Clan Dagger +9 (Agile, Dwarf, Parry, Uncommon, Versatile B), Damage 1d4+4 P
Melee Light Hammer +9 (Agile, Thrown 20 ft.), Damage 1d6+4 B
Melee Fist +9 (Agile, Finesse, Nonlethal, Unarmed), Damage 1d4+4 B
Ranged Javelin +6 (Thrown), Damage 1d6+4 P
Sudden Charge action_double_black.png (Flourish, Open) With a quick sprint, you dash up to your foe and swing. Stride twice. If you end your movement within melee reach of at least one enemy, you can make a melee Strike against that enemy. You can use Sudden Charge while Burrowing, Climbing, Flying, or Swimming instead of Striding if you have the corresponding movement type.
Additional Feats Strong-Blooded Dwarf, Titan Wrestler, Unburdened Iron

House of the Musk Ox (Totem: Bighorn Sheep) image.png.dd97adbbe0fc3dec71d57107d2ce6d3f.png

Strong-Blooded Dwarf; Megafauna Hunter; Fighter (1)

HP: 23/23 AC: 17 (19): hide (shield) | Speed: 20' | Darkvision | Lang: Hallit, Dwarven

Perception (E): +7  Initiative: +7 | Fort (E): +8 | Ref (E): +6| Will (T): +5 | Hero Pts: 1

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks |

Qingalic muttered a dwarven invective. Why the #### couldn't she have just waited? The two trappers likely might have walked right into an encirclement. He wondered whether this was going to be a problem for the future.

OOC

To be honest, I'm not clear now on the tactical situation. Did Egan hit the charmed one and Gol'garath the other? Or the other way around? Can Qingalic even tell which one is charmed vs. not?

His intention would be to close with the one NOT charmed, or the one seemingly more "active" target and attempt a Grapple Attack (this would be +7 on an Athletics Check (I'll roll that here subsequently) against the TARGET's FORT DC. He will use a "release" free action to hold his guisarme in one hand so that he has a free hand to make the Grapple attempt.

Another complication is the distance. Can Qingalic reach the target with a single Stride (20' for him) or does it take x2 Stride Actions?

Ok, a 21 is almost surely a success (Qingalic's own Fort DC = 18), but not a critical one. So the target should be "GrabbedYou're held in place by another creature, giving you the flat-footed and immobilized conditions. If you attempt a manipulate action while grabbed, you must succeed at a DC 5 flat check or it is lost; roll the check after spending the action, but before any effects are applied...." This means flat-footed and immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Well ... hahahahah at the Demoralize attempt ... fortunately, there is no failure/critical failure result for that! Even assuming Q doesn't need both Strides to get into range for the Grapple. So the Demoralize either didn't happen or didn't work.

ACTIONS

Free Action: Release (one hand) from guisarme

1. Stride;

2. Stride (if needed) otherwise Athletics (Grapple), then;

3. Grapple; or if Grapple on Action #2, then

3a. Demoralize (since I'm holding my guisarme in the other hand, I couldn't think of anything else as one hand has to maintain the grapple)

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)
Name
Grapple (vs. target Fort DC)
1d20+7 14
Intimidate (Demoralize) (vs. target Will DC) if Action 3a applies
1d20-1 1

Egan - rather than roll, did you pick the one to the left or to the right? You are right you can't tell if the charm worked or not. However, to make sure we are all on the same page let's get the order of events correct. All of you, are your actions before or after Myriawens little speech to the strangers? If you all shoot and grapple first, then she probably doesn't make the whole speech. If after, then she basically asked you all to attack and off we go? Not, trying to make this difficult, I just can't wrap my head around her continuing to talk if you 2 are already attacking.

I would rather play it that you both attacked after she asked for help and go on.

4 minutes ago, Kistler said:

Sure, whatever you want to do. I would've lost the readied action by then, and that wouldn't have triggered it. So forget the attack and lets keep going.

I can't speak for Gol'garath, but I thought that he and Qingalic went into action subsequent to Egan's firing. If that doesn't happen ... umm ...

I don't see the issue. The posts are **right** there, that's the order it happened in Egan shot, she talked, Gareth came out and attacked Qingalic rushed out and grappled. I'm not seeing any reason for confusion, or a reason to retcon previously posted actions.

Let's just go with the flow rewinding the round is pointless let's carry on.

Edited by Zen Gypsy (see edit history)

Talyn of Mendevia - Cleric 1 (MW Sheet)image.png.7e5916194bd6265be6c18eeeb689bdda.png

HP 18/18 | AC 17 (+19 with shield raised)

Perception +4 | Fort +7 | Ref +4 | Will +6

Resistances cold 1 | Speed 25 feet

Statblock

Languages Common
Skills Acrobatics +1, Athletics +6, Diplomacy +5, Intimidation +5, Lore: Demon +3, Medicine +4, Religion +4
Str +3, Dex +1, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +1, Cha +2
Items Hide, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Religious Symbol (Silver), Healer's Tools, Crowbar, Alcohol (5), Signal Whistle, Clothing (Winter), Air Bladder, Climbing Kit, Wooden Shield (Hardness 3, HP 12, BT 6)

Shield Block action_reaction.png
Melee Scimitar +6 (Forceful, Sweep), Damage 1d6+3 S
Reach Spell action_single.png
Divine Prepared Spells DC 14, attack +4; 1st Heal, Heal, Heal; Cantrips
Divine Prepared Spells DC 14, attack +4; 1st Magic Weapon, Bless; Cantrips Guidance, Stabilize, Light, Forbidding Ward, Bullhorn
Additional Feats Pilgrim's Token, Wintertouched Human
Additional Specials Anathema, Deity, Divine Font (Healing Font), Divine Spellcasting, Doctrine (Warpriest)

Talyn gruned as Myriawen's attempt to control the men failed. She hated when her gut feels were right - but it kept her alive. She hoped no one would suffer from this.

Talyn glanced quickly at Buttercup's tied knot, drew her scimitar and rushed forward to join the others intent on closing with the nearest enemy.

OOC:

Exploration Activity: Defend

Reaction:

Action 1:Draw scimitar

Action 2: stride forward to join others

Action 3: strice into position to attack OR raise shield if she can't close enough OR strike if she has already closed enough

Name
if she can close enough, scimitar strike
1d20+6 5
s dmg
1d8+3 8