Boris Vandt, Pikeman Mercenary

Sizniche

Name: Boris Vandt
HP: 5/5 | AC: 15Pieced Armor, AC 14
Dexterity, +1
| System Strain: 0/14 | AttributesStrength: 15 (+2)

Dexterity: 14 (+1)

Constitution: 14 (+1)

Intelligence: 12 (+0)

Wisdom: 13 (+0)

Charisma: 8 (+0)
| SavesPhysical: 13
Mental: 15
Evasion: 14
| SkillsStab-1
Exert-1
Survive-0
| EquipmentReadied (4/7):
Pieced Armor (AC 14) - 2 Enc
Pike (1d8+4 dmg, +5 atk bonus, 5/AC18 Shock) - 2 Enc
Stowed (3/15):
7 sp
Dagger - 1 Enc
Backpack - 1 Enc
Tinderbox and 3 torches - 1 Enc

Class: WarriorBase Attack Bonus is equal to Level
+2 Max HP/level
One bonus combat focus

Killing Blow:
Whenever a Warrior inflicts damage with any attack, spell, or special ability they may add half their character level, rounded up, to the damage done. This damage is also added to any Shock they may inflict.

Veteran's Luck:
Once per scene, as an Instant action, the Warrior may turn a missed attack they have made into a hit. Alternately, they may turn a successful attack against them into a miss, also as an Instant action. This ability is particularly lethal when used with the Make a Snap Attack action and leveled against weaker monsters or ordinary human warriors, as explained on page 44.

Only one exercise of this ability is possible in a scene, either to force a miss or ensure a hit on a foe; both options may not be employed in the same fight.

A Warrior may use this ability with crew-served weapons they are assisting in firing. This ability cannot be used to negate environmental damage or damage done to a vehicle or mount they are riding
| Foci: Armsmaster-1You have an unusual competence with thrown weapons and melee attacks. This Focus’ benefits do not apply to unarmed attacks or non-thrown projectile weapons. This Focus’ bonuses also don’t stack with Deadeye or other Foci that add a skill’s level to your damage or Shock.

Level 1: Gain Stab as a bonus skill. You can Ready a Stowed melee or thrown weapon as an Instant action. You may add your Stab skill level to a melee or thrown weapon’s damage roll or Shock damage, assuming it has any to begin with.
Developed Attribute (Strength)Your hero has a remarkable degree of development to one or more of their attributes. This may be derived from an eldritch bloodline, native brilliance, or sheer, stubborn determination. This Focus cannot be taken by heroes with the Mage or Partial Mage classes.

Level 1: Choose an attribute; its modifier is increased by +1, up to a maximum of +3. The actual score does not change, but the modifier increases, and may increase again if later advancement improves the attribute enough. You can choose this Focus more than once to improve different attributes

Goal: Make enough money to settle down.

Background: A second son of lesser nobility, Vandt left home as a teenager to make his own fortune as a sellsword since he would not inherit title or land. Up until now, serving as a footsoldier in feudal disputes between petty lords over a half an acre of dirt hasn't exactly raked in the silver bars, so he is trying to change tack and give more "adventuring"-style mercenary work a chance.

Messy Char-Gen stuff

Aight, I like WWN so let's roll these bones and see what I get C:

Attributes, in order

Strength: 13+2=15 (+2 from Developed Attribute)

Dexterity: 11 -> 14 (+1)

Constitution: 14 (+1)

Intelligence: 12 (+0)

Wisdom: 13 (+0)

Charisma: 8 (+0)

Background: Soldier!

Growth Roll

Learning Roll

Learning Roll

Free Background Skill: Stab-0

Learning Skills: Exert-0, Stab-1

Class: Full Warrior

Foci: Armsmaster-1, Developed Attribute (Strength)

Focus Skill: Stab, already at maximum so becomes free-pick skill (i'll sort that out later lol)

Starting Max HP

Free skill picks: Exert-1, Survive-0

Saves:
Physical: 13
Mental: 15
Evasion: 14

Equipment Package: Armored Warrior* (alterations pending approval)
Readied (4/7):
Pieced Armor (AC 14) - 2 Enc
Pike* (1d8+4 dmg, +5 atk bonus, 5/AC18 Shock) - 2 Enc
Stowed (3/15):
Dagger - 1 Enc
Backpack - 1 Enc
Tinderbox and 3 torches - 1 Enc

Armor Class: 15 (Pieced Armor 14, Dex +1)

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Edited by Sizniche (see edit history)
Name
Attributes, in order
repeat(3d6,6) 3,5,5,4,5,2,3,5,6,5,1,6,6,2,5,1,1,6
Growth Roll
1d6 4
Learning Roll
1d8 3
Learning Roll
1d8 2
Starting Max HP
1d6+3 2

4 minutes ago, Primeval Stasis said:

Generally, yeah. I'm not totally sure how much different they are, but I want to keep this one-shot as simple as possible. If there is something specific you really want though I am totally open to hearing about it.

There really isn't, I just wanted to be sure lol

EDIT: hey, if I take the Armored Warrior Equipment set, can I swap the Shield and Shortsword for a Pike?

Edited by Sizniche (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Primeval Stasis said:

@Sizniche the village militiamen died already, so I wouldn't advise it :P

I'd like to keep all the PCs on a level playing field regarding the situation, and also have freedom to have a secret or two about the village, so I'd prefer none of the PCs to be from this village.

That's fair :P

So, what about the Pike replacement?

5 minutes ago, Sizniche said:

So, what about the Pike replacement?

Whoops sorry, I started writing a response to that on my phone, but then switched devices.

I like pikes, go for it! You're losing 10sp by making that switch, so feel free to spend 10sp on something else if you want. Or just take 7sp starting money.