General Hangout!

Varen Tai

4 minutes ago, Vespers said:

Dartboard?

That is a great idea! NE, stop working on the character list and make a dartboard of all the insults we've flung at each other over the years. Then, when we start throwing punches, we can throw darts instead and have a more gentlemanly argument with predetermined mudslinging.

On a serious note, anyone wanting to run a similar game is welcome to steal much of my advertisement post, including the questions. NE and I don't have the time and energy to be co-GMs for said endeavor, but I'm happy to consult a little to help guide how to run it. Since everyone loves the idea so much, you'd definitely get some interest, and it would give a place for some of the applications we were unable to accept a place to call home.

50 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

On a serious note, anyone wanting to run a similar game is welcome to steal much of my advertisement post, including the questions. NE and I don't have the time and energy to be co-GMs for said endeavor, but I'm happy to consult a little to help guide how to run it. Since everyone loves the idea so much, you'd definitely get some interest, and it would give a place for some of the applications we were unable to accept a place to call home.

As much as I would love to, I gave up on trying to GM because I can never keep an interest in my own game no matter what I do.

I will, however,be the first to apply if anyone here would run a similar game.

Question by the way,do we still get access to our character threads even after not being accepted? The thread I made makes for a great archive and i would hate it to go to waste.

1 minute ago, Fwog said:

As much as I would love to, I gave up on trying to GM because I can never keep an interest in my own game no matter what I do.

I will, however,be the first to apply if anyone here would run a similar game.

Question by the way,do we still get access to our character threads even after not being accepted? The thread I made makes for a great archive and i would hate it to go to waste.

Same on both of those points lol

I've run a successful long term game where I took two groups. But then, I also did solo threads for everyone first so I knew they'd stick around. If you want to know what that looks like, it was me launching 14 games at once.

And here it is!

After some fisticuffs, dart throwing (he put that dartboard together FAST), and general strife, I finally admitted Nighteyes was smarter, better looking, and more popular than I was so he would let me off the ground. But I can say we are united on this list!

Congratulations to:

@Rumrunner

@PixCO

@Basil_Bottletop

And as a bonus, we decided we just had to go to 7 because there were SO MANY GOOD APPS, so also welcome:

@Harding 

We now have our players! The rest of you are on our list to tag if we want someone to jump in with their character they applied with (even if it was incomplete) because we liked so many of them, or if we have a NPC we want someone else to play and we liked your writing style, then we'll tag you!

I will move the recruitment threads over to the new forum once any spoilerly info has been changed (like char names). Some of you have neutral thread names, so I'll move those over when I get a chance.

@Harding - I will create a private conversation thread for you since you don't have one here, then you can create the character sheet thread.

OK, and with this announcement, the recruitment phase of the game is over and I will lock this thread sometime in the next day or two. Everyone over to the OOC thread in the game forum!

Alright, that settles that.
Never applying to one of these again.
Not going to waste five hours or more of my life writing a character that I’m likely never going to get to play and stressing for a week only to be disappointed in the end.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me, but hell if I won’t make sure it’s the last. I’d already decided that if I didn’t get in it would be the last time for me, but I didn’t want to sound like I was pressuring anyone, so I didn’t say anything.
That said, it’s a shame these application processes are so intensive, or I might not have to just cut myself off. But at the end of the day it is just not worth the headache.

Edited by WumbologyMajor (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, WumbologyMajor said:

Alright, that settles that.
Never applying to one of these again.
Not going to waste five hours or more of my life writing a character that I’m likely never going to get to play and stressing for a week only to be disappointed in the end.

This isn’t the first time this has happened to me, but hell if I won’t make sure it’s the last.

I sincerely believe that the creative process is itself valuable. I hope that even though you are disappointed, you can see the value the way I do. And I liked your writing! Your character may show up as a guest star or we may tap you to write someone different, so who knows? Not a loss unless you choose to see it that way.