Questions and Clarifications

Black Wyvern

can we see any light from the other side of the door through either cracks in the door the space between the floor and the door or even from the key hole?

Can Duggrule peak thorough the Keay hole to see if he can see anything.

The answer to this is in the lighting rules, near the bottom of the rules thread. The text comes from page 9 D&D Vol 3: Wilderness and Underworld Adventures. In summary, bad guys can always see as if under the effect of an infravision spell. If they start working for the good guys they loose this ability. So unless a bad guy is reading they never have to use light. Good guys always have to use light unless under the influence of an infravision spell. I know this seems like a Gygaxian gotcha, but several monsters have penalties in daylight, so it is more a they are screwed in your world and you are screwed in theirs. Well except that in this case bad guys includes enemy humans. So it really is just Gary being... well... Gary.

So no there is no light beyond the door, nor will there probably ever be, unless there is a magic-user studying spells on the other side of the door.

27 minutes ago, Black Wyvern said:

@Excior You need to roll a d6 to open a door.

I added the roll to my in-character post My strength is 17 so I can open doors with a roll of 1-4 on a d6 I got a 3