OSE one-shots

prophane

I'm considering running some short one-shot style adventures early next year to prep for some game cons. Would anyone here be interested in that? Pre-generated characters would be used and a more focused play style adopted to keep the game more manageable. Plan to use Old School Essentials as the system.

UPDATE: I've posted the game in the advertisements section. Check it out

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Color me interested! Pre-gens are great for me right now. I plan to use OSE to run a one-shot of (the OG version of) Castle Ravenloft so it'd be nice to get some experience seeing it in action.

How frequent of posting vs. length of posts are you looking for? I'm better with more and shorter stuff right now since I can post on my phone at work and I get interrupted often.

45 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Color me interested! Pre-gens are great for me right now. I plan to use OSE to run a one-shot of (the OG version of) Castle Ravenloft so it'd be nice to get some experience seeing it in action.

How frequent of posting vs. length of posts are you looking for? I'm better with more and shorter stuff right now since I can post on my phone at work and I get interrupted often.

Haven't gotten all that far into the process. I will be playtesting these scenarios in a live, face to face setting as well, so I thought I could probably run it online and as PBP as well to get as much feedback on the process as I can. It won't start until mid-late January and I was hoping to maybe get folks to commit to at least 2 posts per week. I know the elusive "3/week" and "every other day" posting rates sound wonderful, but those never pan out in my experience. But twice a week should be reasonable, more if everyone is "feeling it" right?

As far as post LENGTH, I think I would like them to be exactly as long as they need to be. I love games that are narrative heavy and have lots of exposition by the players and GM, but I think as long as you get your point across and move the action along... we're good! Maybe if I am only getting 2 sentences per week per player I might encourage more input...

On 12/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

Psh. Your posts are awesome.

OSE is a great reference for BX and the Advanced options look solid, too. Are you looking to run it with the Advanced book as well?

On 12/12/2023 at 9:06 PM, prophane said:

Haven't gotten all that far into the process. I will be playtesting these scenarios in a live, face to face setting as well, so I thought I could probably run it online and as PBP as well to get as much feedback on the process as I can. It won't start until mid-late January and I was hoping to maybe get folks to commit to at least 2 posts per week. I know the elusive "3/week" and "every other day" posting rates sound wonderful, but those never pan out in my experience. But twice a week should be reasonable, more if everyone is "feeling it" right?

As far as post LENGTH, I think I would like them to be exactly as long as they need to be. I love games that are narrative heavy and have lots of exposition by the players and GM, but I think as long as you get your point across and move the action along... we're good! Maybe if I am only getting 2 sentences per week per player I might encourage more input...

Gotcha. That's all fine with me, thank you!

On 12/15/2023 at 7:19 PM, cailano said:

Psh. Your posts are awesome.

D'aaawww thanks 😍 (i don't have a blush emoji...)