Mia Collymore - Artemis

Morphling

Mia Collymore - Goddess of the HuntMiaCollymore.png.86e9f0bce4f3b680b26459716ddcf4e3.png

Rift of Artemis - Pole Dancer

Personal Details

Age - 22
Occupation - Sex Worker
Hobby - Computer Programming

Dislikes: Children, Soft Drinks, Grabby Hands

Background

My backstory? Well, if you're looking for something tragic and dark, if you want me to bare my wounded heart for you to tenderly heal, then please move along. I'm not who I am because of daddy issues, and I'm not some broken bird in need of love from her Prince Charming. I live my life as I please, simple as that.

My parents were a pair of flower children who met during the Summer of Love and fell for each other so hard it kind of makes you sick. I'm the youngest of five children in a stable household led by a couple of washed-out hippies. See? No drama, no fuss, just a normal childhood in suburban heaven.

I never had much of a problem making friends growing up, but none of them really stuck around. Helen's the one big exception, we were roommates in college and though we don't live together anymore, the bond never went away. She was the one that got me into stripping, albeit reluctantly, because as fun as it can be, everyone who does it has their own unique price to pay.

I don't intend to stay in this job forever, not that that's possible, since as far as patriarchy is concerned a woman's body has an expiration date. My real passion is coding video games, but since my skills got a late start due to growing up in a technophobic household, and the field is dominated by tech-bros, getting in means having something truly special to offer, which I don't yet. So, for now it's just a hobby.

Awakening Event

One night, I got a knock at my apartment door. It was the police. One of my neighbors had been murdered. Some poor young woman whose face I knew and had maybe exchanged half a dozen words with. I didn't know anything of course, and I told them as much. But as I told them, it became a lie.

Because you see, as I was interviewed, I started to see things. Smell things. Taste them. There was an odor on one of the officer's shoes that told me that my neighbor had been chopping onions before she was murdered. I looked into another officer's eye and could tell by examining his expression that the body had died of strangulation. It was the most remarkable, pure experience I had ever had.

I didn't tell them of course, no good could come of that. But after they left, I tried to examine the scene of the crime, pulled by some indescribable compulsion. I couldn't get anywhere near it until the police were done, and by then it was basically too late even for my powerful new senses. All I really knew that I didn't before, was that the killer had done this before, and would do it again. But my investigation had only begun.

I wasn't the type of person that would willingly insert myself into a police investigation. Sure, I didn't want to see people getting murdered, especially my own acquaintances, but there wasn't anything I could do, was there?

That might have been true once, and in a way it still is. I can't do anything. But she can. Protecting young women is one of her duties, and she takes it seriously. And she is very, very good at hunting.

Divination - Hunter's Instinct, Goddess's Wisdom

Mystery - "Who is murdering young girls in the City?"

Artemis, one of the twelve major Olympian deities, was known for her supreme hunting skill and expertise. Extremely observant and possessing strategic genius, nothing is able to stop her from seeking her prey. As the goddess of the hunt, and the wilderness, animals she encounters can help her in the hunt.

My Mythos enhances my senses, such as sight and smell.

Power Tags

What allows you to uncannily know things you wouldn't normally know? Superhuman senses
What other types of knowledge can you access with your powers? Commune with animals
What subject is the easiest for you to learn about? My next prey
Extra Tag - What advantage does your divination give you in a fight? Strategic brilliance

Weakness Tags

What happens when your divination overwhelms you? Obsessed with my quarry
Extra Tag - What is beyond the reach of your divination? Recent events only

Routine - Exotic Dancer

Identity - "Men only want one thing."

I work as a dancer in a strip club

For the past year, Mia has worked as an exotic dancer at a gentleman's club called Dante's Inferno. Dante's is a high-class establishment with good food and drink, excellent security, and top-notch talent, not the least of which is Mia herself. She pulls an eight hour shift every weekday, and sometimes works extra shifts to cover her coworkers.

Power Tags

What do you do with your time? Play Pretend
What quality do you possess because of your routine? Physically fit
What brings you to the same place every day? Love an audience

Weakness Tags

What are the main limits or downsides of your routine? Nasty Rumors

Defining Relationship - Helen St. James

Identity - "We promised to chase our dreams"

Best Friend, Coworker and Confidante

Helen is Mia's partner in crime at Dante's, and the only one whom she has confided in her status as a Mythos. Mia loves Helen dearly as a friend, but secretly wishes that their relationship could go even further. Helen is confident, assertive, and always pursues what she desires, so surely if she felt the same way she would make it known? This alone keeps Mia from confessing her love.

Power Tags

Why is this relationship so important to you? I secretly love her
Name a useful quality or skill that they have and that they can use to help you. Shoulder to Cry On
Name an activity that you share Dressing room small-talk

Weakness Tags

How can they be hurt or impeded? In over her head

Personality - Heart of Gold

Identity - "I will help those who need it."

I am often friendly and charitable

The persona Mia puts on for the world to see is that of a tough, seen-it-all worker who has no time for nonsense, and there is much truth to that aspect of her. However, it isn't hard to see that she geniunely wants to be a good person, and give help, advice, and comfort to those who need and are deserving of it.

Power Tags

What lies at the core of your personality? Empathic Personality
What interpersonal skills do you have thanks to your personality? Good judge of character
What aspect of your personality keeps you safe or helps you resist influence? Streetwise

Weakness Tags

What sort of people or conditions make your personality less effective? Society Prejudice

Edited by Morphling (see edit history)

Character looks good, but some power labels will need some explanation about when and how you intend to use them. Maybe rewrite them to make the intend more clear.

They are: Obsessed with my quarry, Be what they want me to be, Jealous coworkers, Bite off more than she can chew, Tough With a Soft Center, & "You're just a sex worker!"

Remember that your weakness is your way to grow your character, so you definitively want a weakness that you can use in various situations.

Obsessed with my quarry - When Mia allows herself to be lost in the intense sensory stimulation of her divination, she can lose sight of what's important, including any other wants or needs, as she single-mindedly pursues her prey.

Be what they want me to be - As it says, Mia is good at pretending to be something she's not in order to gain people's trust and get them to let their guard down.

Jealous Coworkers - The idea is that her coworkers might try to sabotage or spread nasty rumors about her.

Bite off more than she can chew - Helen's willing to help whether she's wanted or not and might insert herself into investigations if she thinks she can offer assistance.

Tough with a soft center - I wasn't really sure what it meant by "What lies at the core of your personality" since some of the examples seemed like they could just as easily be weaknesses. Basically, what I answered was that she's tough, but has a soft spot for people who need help.

"You're just a sex worker!" - This is other's tendencies to dismiss her because of her profession, which she's not good at working around.

"Men only want one thing." - This is one of Mia's prejudices, she's basically sure that any man with the slightest interest in her can't have any good intentions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2023 at 10:23 AM, Morphling said:

Obsessed with my quarry - When Mia allows herself to be lost in the intense sensory stimulation of her divination, she can lose sight of what's important, including any other wants or needs, as she single-mindedly pursues her prey.

It's ok.

Be what they want me to be - As it says, Mia is good at pretending to be something she's not in order to gain people's trust and get them to let their guard down.

Competent Pretender.

Jealous Coworkers - The idea is that her coworkers might try to sabotage or spread nasty rumors about her.

Let's use the objetive, instead, Nasty Rumors.

Bite off more than she can chew - Helen's willing to help whether she's wanted or not and might insert herself into investigations if she thinks she can offer assistance.

Maybe Nosy Person. Not sure about this one, I am open to other suggestion. The goal is to make them simpler and easy to understand.

Tough with a soft center - I wasn't really sure what it meant by "What lies at the core of your personality" since some of the examples seemed like they could just as easily be weaknesses. Basically, what I answered was that she's tough, but has a soft spot for people who need help.

Emphatic Personality.

"You're just a sex worker!" - This is other's tendencies to dismiss her because of her profession, which she's not good at working around.

Society Prejudice. I am just offering some possibilities, you can use them, or offer a new one that fits the goal.

I changed "Be what they want me to be" to simply "Pretend." I changed "Bite off more than she can chew" to "In over her head" which is more what I'm trying to get at. Took all your other changes as suggested.

• 4 weeks later...