Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

Technically it applies this turn, but not until the End Phase, which won't help.

Demented T3 Movement

B2 L1 B2 L1 B4 End 1909 S.

Turn all the heat sinks back on, and TAG the Banshee for giggles.

Edited by Demented (see edit history)

Banshee successfully TAGged!

Turn 3 shooting phase is up. @Demented, TAGging will actually give you an extra +1 if you were planning on shooting anything this turn, so I can retcon that if you want (note: the current modifiers assume you are NOT using the TAG). @Inash, you might want to buckle up a bit, there's a lot of dakka heading your way.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

Is this some sort of optional house rule MegaMek has? I wish I'd known sooner, because that makes TAG huge instead of deadweight. I absolutely want to re-target the Axman instead.

Demented T3 Firing

TAG the Axman. No other weapons.

While I technically have a shot with the large lasers on the banshee at 11+ it isn't worth it, just gonna sink heat this turn.

Cirlot - Turn 3 Firing Phase - NA

No shots fired.

Phoenix T3 shoot

Both ERLL at Axman.

I didn't expect *everyone* to shoot at the Tbolt. It means that they're not shooting everything they have. Hope our luck holds on!

Turn 4 movement phase is up. Apologies for the delay.

The Axman was lucky and didn't suffer any armor breaks in the last shooting phase, although it's torso armors are looking pretty thin. The other Mechs and the Po are still doing... something and not really moving around. The Peregrine has decided to buzz the hill with our long-ranged units and is currently mocking them with its aft vent ports.

Excior has decided to leave the game, so I will be taking over the Archer, unless you want to vote on its actions. I think it'll likely be staying put for at least this turn, though.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

Baring a better plan (feel free to suggest one if someone has a better idea), my thinking is to twist and unload short range weapons at the peregrine.

Inash T4 movement

Tbolt will stay put but torso twist to face the peregrine

Phoenix T4 movement

Move backwards to 2011

I'm not using the excellent hex 1912 because both the Starslayer and Scarabus have weapons that are better at that range of 2.

The Axman will have to wait...

11 hours ago, Inash said:

Baring a better plan (feel free to suggest one if someone has a better idea), my thinking is to twist and unload short range weapons at the peregrine.

Inash T4 movement

Tbolt will stay put but torso twist to face the peregrine

You can fire three mediums at the VTOl secondary while keeping up the long-range stuff at the enemy 'Mechs, and put your heat up to 7, which won't be enough to impact your shooting next turn. Add the Archer's SRMs and one of you might get lucky. And it's Peregrine, so you only have to get lucky once.

Go after an AC/2 packing assault when there's two XLed heavies with armor wearing thin? I think not.

Demented T4 Movement

F1 R1 F6 R1 F2 L2 F1. End 1113 facing S

Hmm.  I can manage a few high-risk middling reward positions that would give me a full alpha shot on the Caesar and also hopefully draw some fire from the Scab but the resultant exchange would likely leave the slayer a smoldering crater: taking on a Caesar from the front at range 2 seems like it could end poorly.

Alright, "trooper" doesn't mean "cannonfodder" - gonna leave the Scarabus scare an ax bus . . . not proud of this one, and I acknowledge it only barely, tangentially, makes sense. Look, you're playing witha dude who makes "pew pew" noises, a certain level of immaturity is to be expected. and make the safe play.

Side note, I'm not gonna have energy weapon fire to spare this turn but I'm getting a bit tired of Princess turtling - anyone want spare a shot ot two to light some hexes on fire to try and get them to budge?

Cirlot Turn 4 - Movement Phase

Running to 1912, ending facing N, torso twist NW.

Line of Movement:
Turn NW (1 MP), Forward to 2014 (1 MP), Forward to 1914 (2 MP), forward to 1913 (1 MP), turn N (1 MP), Forward to 1912 (2 MP).  8 MP total.

43 minutes ago, Demented said:

Go after an AC/2 packing assault when there's two XLed heavies with armor wearing thin? I think not.

I see your point, and I'm certainly eager to finish that Axeman and get some lucky shots on the Caesar, but my point is that we have an opportunity this turn to shoot at a single enemy while none of the others can get LOS on us through the woods, except to the distant artillery and using only part of their array. I mean even if the Corsair is not the most threatening, that's kind of a free turn for us...