Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

Obviously I didn't pay attention to the LOS rules regarding elevation, thought the Banshee was not able to fire on the Starslayer... Sorry Cirlot...

Phoenix T5 move (edited)

Jump to 2016, facing SW

( @Bobcloclimar I don't know if that's possible mid-game, but could you disable the option that shows the ECM area? It's muddling the view and I think the jamming does nothing to them. Also I think we could remove the labels, now?)

Edited by Tecmes
Changed move (see edit history)

You can't do that. Jumping has to take the shortest route between the start and end hexes (player's choice if multiple routes available). If you want to jump, 1806 is probably the best bet. I'd backpedal to 2009 myself, because all attempts to make a 5-hex run to 1710 come up 1 MP short.

As for me, I'm about to get my hatchet on! Yay!

Demented T5 Move

Run 1511>1508>1512, ending 1512 facing SW

Ooh yes, thanks, I forgot that. I'm not keen on 2009 as it's too risky and also too close to the Corsair. But if you're going to go for the Corsair' back, I can take more risks and move to try and get the Axman. I'll work on an alternate and post tomorrow. If I don't I'll just immobile in the same hex.

9 hours ago, Tecmes said:

( @Bobcloclimar I don't know if that's possible mid-game, but could you disable the option that shows the ECM area? It's muddling the view and I think the jamming does nothing to them. Also I think we could remove the labels, now?)

I can make the ECM bubble completely transparent (View→Client Settings→Advanced→ECM Transparency), but can't find a way to turn off the JAMMED labels. I prefer to leave the unit labels on for my own ease of viewing, but I can turn off the border to make it a bit less noisy, like so:
nl.png.8689553c27d1f16e0a6590548da0e036.png

10 hours ago, Tecmes said:

Obviously I didn't pay attention to the LOS rules regarding elevation, thought the Banshee was not able to fire on the Starslayer... Sorry Cirlot...

Eh, I wasn't sure which way LOS would fall and took a gamble. Might even have been worth it had I been able to land even a single hit. 🤬

I think the odds of missing five 8+ shots is something like one in a hundred? NOT THE WAY I WANT TO BE LUCKY, DICE!

Anyway, heat's edging up so I'm down to a 4/6, and it looks like we want to keep the pressure on. Clanners we ain't so focus fire is the order of the day. Moving to 1710. Probably gonna take some medium laser heat from the Corsair but I think the woods should screen me from most other return fire.

Cirlot - Movement Phase - Turn 5

Run -> 1911 (turn NW) -> 1810 -> 1710-> Turn SW ( & Torso Twist South)
So  1 (clear hex) +1 (turn) +1 (clear hex) +2 (light woods hex) +1 (turn) = 6 total, current Run MP

Final location: 1710, Facing SW.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Cirlot said:

I think the odds of missing five 8+ shots is something like one in a hundred? NOT THE WAY I WANT TO BE LUCKY, DICE!

It's about 7%, but still... I'm kind of tempted to run some metrics on the die rolls when this is all over, because the distribution seems to be (anecdotally) screwy. At least it seems to be affecting both sides equally.

Given the beating the Starslayer is taking I think Jaspers' gotta carpe 'dem diems before his ride gets shot out from under him. Corsair is still the best target and at range 3 which is about as sweet as it get. Gonna spike my heat for the next turn but chances are I'm either injured or getting the heck out of dodge for a round anyway. Second verse, same as the first . . .

Cirlot - Starslayer Firing Phase Turn 5

AlphaStrike.png.c9efdfde342053c65a2e2003c5ef1ada.png

On the Corsair! Maybe something will actually hit this time!

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

Turn 6 movement phase is up.

The relentless rain of fire finally yielded some results, as Tecmes's PHX speared the Axman through its gyro, sending it tumbling to the ground and cracking the shielding on its engine coreTwo engine crits from the impact. It is now crippled and is attempting to withdraw - I think it'll clear the board next turn, so putting it down this turn won't be that useful.

The Corsair's armor is looking quite thin on the torsos as well (Demented somehow managed to reach across two hexes and take off a chunk of its right side from the left), and another round of concentrated fire should break through the armor and hopefully inflict critical damage.

corsair.png.3a0674bb9873bac40c981767a66b2c3e.png

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)