Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

The Corsair will need more convincing, and possibly a lot more if we're unlucky and hit secondary systems. But this turn I'll try to get the Peregrine. It's not going to stop Flanking anytime soon, so the pulse lasers at short range are our best bet. Also it is quite well armed (sometimes I wonder why Mechs exist if you can fit two SRM4s and two MLs on a vehicule that can fly like crazy...).

Phoenix T6 move

Back up to 2117

Phoenix T6 shooting

Both MPL and one ERLL at Peregrine.

(Btw Inash, you have a Mech with mixed weapons, so if you're bored I think it makes sense to start moving in. You might get decent LOSs after a couple turns, notably if going in the river. Btw Boboclimar, which of our Mechs have leg HSs? I can't find that info)

The Thunderbolt has two heatsinks in each leg, so you'd be able to dump an additional four heat/turn in the river. None of the other mechs have leg sinks.

Since both the Thunderbolt and Starslayer have suffered damage, I'm going to start putting the damage paperdoll into the movement phase summaries, unless you all think there is a better place to put them.

Edit: If the Thunderbolt comes off the hill this turn, it won't be able to draw LOS to the Corsair or Banshee, but it will be able to hit the Po/Caesar (from 2205 only). If it stays on the front side of the hill in 2204 (which requires running), it will have LOS and still be in cover.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Bobcloclimar said:

Turn 6 movement phase is up.

The relentless rain of fire finally yielded some results, as Tecmes's PHX speared the Axman through its gyro, sending it tumbling to the ground and cracking the shielding on its engine coreTwo engine crits from the impact. It is now crippled and is attempting to withdraw - I think it'll clear the board next turn, so putting it down this turn won't be that useful.

The Corsair's armor is looking quite thin on the torsos as well (Demented somehow managed to reach across two hexes and take off a chunk of its right side from the left), and another round of concentrated fire should break through the armor and hopefully inflict critical damage.

corsair.png.3a0674bb9873bac40c981767a66b2c3e.png

It happened because you failed to aim the hatchet at the punch table like I said.

Aside, but our shot grouping has been excellent.

9 hours ago, Tecmes said:

The Corsair will need more convincing, and possibly a lot more if we're unlucky and hit secondary systems. But this turn I'll try to get the Peregrine. It's not going to stop Flanking anytime soon, so the pulse lasers at short range are our best bet. Also it is quite well armed (sometimes I wonder why Mechs exist if you can fit two SRM4s and two MLs on a vehicule that can fly like crazy...).

Phoenix T6 move

Back up to 2117

Phoenix T6 shooting

Both MPL and one ERLL at Peregrine.

(Btw Inash, you have a Mech with mixed weapons, so if you're bored I think it makes sense to start moving in. You might get decent LOSs after a couple turns, notably if going in the river. Btw Boboclimar, which of our Mechs have leg HSs? I can't find that info)

I actually do prefer conventional hover and VTOL units over 'Mechs for light cav purposes. That said, the Peregrine's speed and firepower come at a steep cost. Do you know how much armor the Peregrine has? Eight. No, not eight tons, eight points. Yes, an Elemental suit is tougher than it.

Demented T4 Move

Run 1313>1314>1716>1713, ending 1713 facing N

3 minutes ago, Demented said:

It happened because you failed to aim the hatchet at the punch table like I said.

Aside, but our shot grouping has been excellent.

I actually do prefer conventional hover and VTOL units over 'Mechs for light cav purposes. That said, the Peregrine's speed and firepower come at a steep cost. Do you know how much armor the Peregrine has? Eight. No, not eight tons, eight points. Yes, an Elemental suit is tougher than it.

Demented T4 Move

Run 1313>1314>1716>1713, ending 1713 facing N

Dangit! Stole my move (or ending hex at any rate) - need to recalculate. And . . . does MegaMek even allow for the to-hit table selection for Hatchets? Either way I'd not knock it, as it worked in our favor: using the Punch Table for Hatchets rather than the table imposes a +4 modifier to the TN and the 3 that got rolled would have been a clean miss.

Anyway, I'm tempted to jump to 1212 and use the height differential to try and kick the Caesar's head clean off, but we're sinking this round and trying to punch through the last armor of the Corsair.  I won't be adding much (can only risk two medium lasers and still sink to 0, and the TN's are gonna be rough due to heat and jumping) but it's something.

Cirlot - Starslayer Movement Phase Turn 6

Jump to 1814, end facing NW

Turn 6 shooting is up.

20 hours ago, Cirlot said:

And . . . does MegaMek even allow for the to-hit table selection for Hatchets?

It does, but I screwed up and misread the UI: there's a popup with two radio buttons to select the table to use, plus a normal "don't aim" button that supersedes those which is NOT a radio - so you have to select the appropriate radio then hit the Hatchet attack button while the popup is still active, which is not the typical behavior for most other move/attack buttons that involve popups.

Crap, I read that rule too quckly. I thought the shooting unit choose which hex to use when LOS went betweeen two hexes... it's the targeted unit that does...

Can I change my shooting to MPLs at the Peregrine (primary) and ERLL at the Caesar?

Edited by Tecmes (see edit history)

Turn 7 movement phase is up. The Axman managed to quit the field, while the Corsair took two ammo crits and is now chunky mech salsa. The Corsair's pilot is technically an active (although unconscious) unit and will likely be picked up by the Caesar this turn.

Now may be a good opportunity to move the Archer and Thunderbolt forward.