Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

1 hour ago, Inash said:

T-bolt T7 move

Run to 2508 facing 2509

No idea what I'll have for LoS, but it should be my fastest route to the water.

You can only make it to 2507, and would only be able to see the Peregrine; only the Level 1 hexes grant LOS to the other mechs. The arrangement of the woods hexes will likely block any LOS while in the river until you can make it to ~2113 (unless the scrum heads north).

Available hexes and 2507 LOS

Scen1Turn7mtdr.png.d1a008bd3283e4f69018793b6932968c.png

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

Phoenix T7 move

Jump into 1713, face SW. UNLESS the Scarabus or Starslayer wants that spot, in which case I'll walk into 2016.

I have no range advantage on the Caesar, so I'll bring the MPLs to bear...

The Archer has medium range shots on the Caesar, so it can stay put this round.

@InashYou could sprint to 2105. The woods will shield you this turn, and you'll be able to get stuck in the next.

Demented T7 Move

Run 1709>1508>1513 end 1513 facing SE.

Okay, I've got a potential backshot here and if I calculated the TN's right it's on 6 up which is too good not to take. Here's hoping the Po doesn't rip me a new one . . . then again, I wasn't banking on my Left Torso making it through the round anyway.

One note - order of movement here matters: the Starslayer needs to move BEFORE Demented as I'm running through Hex 1513 and don't want to cause an accidental on-side charge.

Cirlot - Starslayer Movement Phase - Turn 7

Run - > 1714 (1 MP) -> 1613 (1 MP) ->  1513 (2 MP) - > Turn SW (1 MP) -> 1413 (2 MP) -> 1314 ( 1 MP) [8 MP Total]

ENDING Hex: 1314 facing SW

Torso Twist S

and might as well pre-declare the Firing phase because, well, we all knew what this was. That and I might be AFK the next day or two and don't want to hold things up.

Cirlot - Starslayer Firing Phase - Turn 7

AlphaStrike.png.85a7bcc404ebbaee5f1dfb9068e5a4bf.png

on the Banshee! 2 LL, 2 ML, 1 SL and 4 SRMs up the tailpipe!

aaaaand lastly, a hoped for physical attack phase. There's a nonzero chance I lose the LT and attached arm which means this might not be possible, but if the Starslayer's left arm is in working order in the physical attack phase . . .

Cirlot - Starslayer Physical Attack Phase - Turn 7

SUPERROBOTPUNCH.png.207f8dbe6809bf95152217c7107405fe.png

Left Arm Punch into the back of the Banshee.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

You know, the Banshee has that hatchet, so attacking from there is trading a 5-point punch for a 19-point hatchet. On your painfully exposed left side. I'd either jump to push the TNs up and allow you to turn to present for front table hits, or give up on physicals altogether and run through the trees to to 1412 and then extend to 1213.

It's also rear armor/locations on the Banshee vs. a hatchet swinging at the Starslayer's entire to-hit chart (unless I'm off on the math it can't choose to use the punch table, the +4 mod pushes it into auto-fail territory).  Between that and the slight edge in to-hit modifiers ( 7 vs. 8, my favor) I'm inclined to take the risk.  The Banshee isn't the pointiest of 'mechs but it's got an ungodly amount of armor to churn through so I'm in favor of maximizing the chance of punching through the rear armor and hitting something juicy at the expense of safety.

I'm not going to pretend it's the smartest play, but smart pilots don't take mediums up against heavies to being with. 🙄

17 hours ago, Demented said:

@InashYou could sprint to 2105. The woods will shield you this turn, and you'll be able to get stuck in the next.

I don't think I can get to 2105. That would take more than the 6 movement I have when running. Unless there's some newfangled movement rule that gives me a higher speed...

31 minutes ago, Inash said:

I don't think I can get to 2105. That would take more than the 6 movement I have when running. Unless there's some newfangled movement rule that gives me a higher speed...

Yes, "sprinting" (see the Scenario 1 options in effect on the game page). No shooting, more MPs than Run.

10 hours ago, Inash said:

The magenta hexes in the image above are the ones accessible by sprinting. In addition to what Tecmes noted, sprinting also makes it easier to be hit (additional -1 modifier, so sprinting 4 hexes would be a net +0).

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

Turn 7 Shooting is up. @Inash, you can't actually hit anything from where you are (the Peregrine has too large of a to-hit modifier, which I should have picked up on earlier), so I will allow a retcon if you want to sprint instead (only to a place that doesn't have LOS to the other mechs, to avoid changing their fire orders).