Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

12 hours ago, Bobcloclimar said:

Turn 7 Shooting is up. @Inash, you can't actually hit anything from where you are (the Peregrine has too large of a to-hit modifier, which I should have picked up on earlier), so I will allow a retcon if you want to sprint instead (only to a place that doesn't have LOS to the other mechs, to avoid changing their fire orders).

Sprint to 2308 facing 2309 then

Turn 8 movement phase is up. The Starslayer took some internal structure damage from the Banshee, but in return lased its rear armor enough for a well-placed fist to destroy its gyro and damage the engine, so it is attempting to withdraw. It sprinted this turn and will likely exit next turn, so it is not a threat.

The Caesar is looking quite thin on its left side (no armor left on the LA, and only 1 point on the LT), so it may be worthwhile to attempt to attack from that side.

The Thunderbolt has no LOS to any of the ground units (can see the Peregrine from anywhere), but moving to 2309 will let it see the Caesar in 1414 (at 9 hexes, through intervening woods).

Note: I will be out of pocket on the 20th and 21st, so the next phase will likely not be resolved before the end of the 21st, unless all moves are in by the end of the 19th.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

Phoenix T8 move

Walk on top of Po and turn right OR Run to 1415 and turn N if the SCB wants the Po spot.

I don't want to end up potentially in the field for both of Caesar's guns...

The TNs would've been the same either way. The only advantage the laser had was the possibility of preventing the punch from landing, which could've happened through a head hit KOing the pilot, a through-armor crit to legs, arm, or gyro knocking it down, or setting off the SRM ammo and taking out the whole left side. All of those are very outside chances, so the whole thing was just sheer stupidity on Princess' part. I was expecting a left twist to shoot the guns at something in the front arc and a hatchet attack. Which would've cleaved off half the Starslayer's guns if it had hit the LT.

And no, I don't want to rear hex. I'm going in for a left-side shot.

Demented T8 Move

Run 1814>1815>1616>1315>1314, end 1314 NE.

What's the old saying, it's better be lucky than good? 😅

I'm not sure to be pleased or irked that Princess made such an obvious mistake - my groups' aren't huge on optimized play so panicking and making the roll call feels oddly authentic, otherwise? But I suspect there's just something buggy in the threat assessment math.

So, we're playing ides of march at the moment - the Po is going to have a target rich environment which I don't love but the Casear still takes priority.

Cirlot - Starslayer Movement Phase - Turn 8

Jump to 1415, facing N

Again, order of operations matters here I think? Starslayer will need to move before the Scarabus so as both moves use 1315 & 1314. Starslayer ends up in 1415.

EDIT Had to adjust, was down walking/running MP due to heat. Doh! And since I already know my declarations (I am a simple man, after all):

Cirlot - Starslayer Shooting Phase - Turn 8

Alpha

Alpha on the Caesar; might as well use the MLs and SRM while I still have 'em.

Cirlot - Starslayer Physical Attack Phase - Turn 8

Kick the Po (NOT the PHX - they're ending in the same hex, wanna make sure it's a kick in the tank): hope for some through armor crits.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

Also forgot that I was running hot and would have insufficient MP- move has been edited to use Jump MP (not subject to heat MP loss): screws my to-hits a bit, and I'm traveling fewer hexes but only fair to stick with the original move. All other actions remain as declared.

Note to self: next time create a quick post header with Heat, MP and any crit effects in play so I don't keep forgetting.

Turn 8 shooting phase is up. Cirlot was correct that the move order made a difference since the Scarabus wanted to end in the Starslayer's original hex, and since the Starslayer rolled a higher initiative this turn, I had to modify the savegame's XML directly to swap the order; I can post a procedure if anyone is interested.