Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

I think you moved the PHX by jumping rather than walking. That's the only way I can make sense of the +5 to hit the Caesar. Though even then I'm a bit confused: it looks like light woods to me. What am I missing?

Anwyhow:

Phoenix T8 shooting & physical

2MPLs and 1 ERLL at Caesar.

Physical: Kick the Po

8 hours ago, Tecmes said:

I think you moved the PHX by jumping rather than walking. That's the only way I can make sense of the +5 to hit the Caesar. Though even then I'm a bit confused: it looks like light woods to me. What am I missing?

I must have gotten the modifiers flipped between you and @Cirlot. I've updated the post with the correct modifiers and verified that you walked.

Even though the odds on the Po are better, the potential angle on the Casear is too tempting to pass up: stick with original declarations from when I posted movement.

Cirlot - Shooting Phase - Turn 8

Alpha Strike on the Caesar.

Cirlot - Physical Attack Phase - Turn 8

Kick the Po!

Turn 8 physical phase is up. The Caesar lost a DHS and an MPL, and is now standing in a fire, while the Po was shaken around a bit and is stunned for two rounds. In return, the Starslayer lost a little leg armor.

Here's the Caesar's current armor/structure:

ces.png.05b7400f8ee8ecfa2fd30ee2224da125.png

Turn 9 movement phase is up. The Banshee made it off the field, and the Po is stunned for another turn. The Po is down to 20 armor on the rear and right side, while the Caesar still looks like the previous post, but with only 9 armor remaining on its right arm.

13 hours ago, Tecmes said:

Quite an hilarious amount of misses all around! Those targeting computers really are old. Maybe blown tubes?

This is my new headcanon.

Unless I'm mistaken I can stack with the Peregrine as it's a non-'Mech unit? If so declaration is:

Cirlot - Starslayer Movement Phase - Turn 9

Turn to Face NE (1 MP) -> Walk (Backwards) into Hex 1316 (2 MP)

End: 1316, Facing NE. No Torso Twist.

My TMM will be crat but I'm hoping to draw some of the Casear's fire from the Pixie and Scar. Plus if I mathed this right I can still lay down dual large laser fire (admittedly from the least advantageous firing angle) and sink down to 7 for next round. Keeps the pressure on and maybe ends with a punch to the Perigrine to boot . . .

Starslayer Shooting Phase - Turn 9

Both Large Lasers at the Casear.

Starslayer Physical Attack Phase - Turn 9

Punch the Peregrine? It's possible that I can't as we're sharing a hex. Need to dig out my copy of Total Warfare to be sure.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

Phoenix T9 move

IF Scarabus doesn't move to 1514: Backup to 1514 and face S

ELSE

Turn SW then backup to 1713

IF SCB is blocking my way: move to 1315 and face SE

Phoenix T9 shoot

Either way, 2MPLs & one ERLL at Caesar (or Peregrine if on 1315)

Phoenix T9 physical

Kick the Po. That is fun.

Also, I'm rather confused. On the Caesar's paper doll, the LA is to the left of the doll picture, but wouldn't it be the *right* arm from the Mech's perspective?

Edited by Tecmes (see edit history)

Yeah, the record sheets have always been a weird. They look like you're viewing the 'Mech head-on, but the sides are mirror imaged so that the left side remains on the left and right on the right. Honestly, it's just easier that way.

Demented T9 Move

Run 1313>1711>1912>1913>1614 end 1614 Facing S.

Demented T9 Weapon Attacks

Alpha strike the Caesar.

Demented T9 Physical Attacks

Hatchet the Caesar, on the punch table.

@Inash Attack *declarations* are simultaneous. So you can't do conditionals there and hence that Caesar may end up totalled cored out and most of our shots useless, but hey we won't complain about overkill there!