Scenario 1 Discussion

Bobcloclimar

More attacks on a dead mech = more chances for an ammo crit = bigger explosions. It's a win-win situation!

1711 should be sufficient to get a backshot on the Caesar, at range 5, although it will cross the light woods hex in 1514.

No fewer than three separate lasers converged on the cockpit of the Caesar, turning its pilot, and the hapless pilot of the Corsair, into a fine vapor. Missiles from the Archer rained down and blew chunks out of the right skirt armor of the Po, opening up a rent in the armor into which the Pixie planted a swift boot, shattering it from within. The Peregrine turned and broke for the north, pursued by the nearly unscratched lance.

We can call the scenario here, or we can attempt to chase down the Peregrine for giggles. And yes, there were four headshots in that last round.

I'm fine with calling it. The Peregrine will be hard to hit, and really there isn't anything we can do to keep it from fleeing next turn.

If we don't call it, the tbolt will stand still and try to hit it with missiles.

Yeah, I think we can call it. Technically the odds of the Peregrine suviving a few turns and doing some damage is reasonable, but any reasonable VTOL pilot would have been fleeing since a couple turns!

Yeah, in a campaign scenario the Peregrine would be buggering off to report on the outcome and we'd be focused on salvaging what was left of the Caesar.

And, YIKES that was brutal. Funny, but brutal. Like, it makes sense - best way to salvage a nearly intact 'Mech is a headcap but . . . . ouch. Yeah. Rough way to go.

Nooo, one more round please. I can swat the VTOL, and I need the hatchet to do something useful.

Demented T10 Move

Run to 1405.

Demented T10 Weapon Attacks

Alpha strike the VTOL

Demented T10 Physicals

Hatchet the Peregrine.

OK l'ets indulge the axe-wielding maniac. I can understand the urge.

I think we've learned that playing a missile boat, though, is not great fun, as without movement you lose a great part of the tactics...

Phoenix T9

Back up to 1509 and turn to SW

Fire: both ERLL at the peregrine

The Starslayer will jump to 1311 but I think I'm nonviable for the shooting phase - jumping and range put me at +5 with the large lasers, add the Peregrine's TMM and I'm 12+ which makes the shot impossible.

Posted (edited)

KABOOM! The Pixie skewers the Peregrine's stabilizers, sending it spiraling out of control before the Scarabus jumps up and slices the VTOL in half. Its SRM stores cook off in a massive explosion as Demented sticks the landing, ending the skirmish in the most perfect of superhero poses.

On 2/27/2024 at 10:12 AM, Tecmes said:

Yeah, I think we can call it. Technically the odds of the Peregrine suviving a few turns and doing some damage is reasonable, but any reasonable VTOL pilot would have been fleeing since a couple turns!

Speaking of "some" damage, I played it out on my own... and the Peregrine got an ammo crit on the Starslayer and knocked Cirlot out for two turns. 😛

Thanks for playing, guys. I'll be putting up a retrospective questionnaire in the next day or two.

Edited by Bobcloclimar (see edit history)

I think the Scarabus's got his wish!

Thanks a bunch for the game. I certainly appreciated the careful manner in which you ran this!