LTiBA OOC

15 hours ago, LargestFriend said:

I have Known Weakness on Ruth, so my Devise a Stratagem doubles as recall knowledge, and I believe I rolled a success but I'm unsure.

Recall Knowledge checks are generally rolled by the GM, though I don't mind if you roll your own.

I know how to make inline dice rolls, but is there a way roll before submitting a post?

The result of the fort save will drastically change my actions.

I know you can make a post, see the roll and then edit it, was just wondering if there is another way?

Rolls are only locked-in when posted... just edit after rolling, or make a second post with your turn details. Nothing wrong with an edit. You can mark the post as WIP if you want, I guess, but we'll figure it out based on the lack of actions taken.

On 1/2/2024 at 6:13 PM, Eagleheart said:

We'll be using block initiative, so everyone who rolls 11+ can go in any order.

Now that we're past the initial enemy turn... Since we're using batch initiative, should we all be going in any order, or waiting for Tulki's first turn first?

(a) 11+ init PCs, then beetles, then Tulki (under 10 init) - then repeat the 3 initiative groups

(b) 11+init PCs, then beetles, then all PCs, then beetles, then all PCs, then beetles, etc - past the start, essentially just 2 initiative groups that can be summarized as player-turns-then-enemy-turns

I've never used batch initiative with PCs before, but it preliminarily seems like a good idea to speed things up in a forum game. I just don't have a good understanding of how it works.

Is the beetle flatfooted to Drizzle, considering how it's cornered? If so, my backstabbing shovelpickmace will deal an extra 1 precision damage to it.

Also forgot to mention in the initial post but the beetle takes 2 persistent bleed damage.

Yeah, you can jump in wherever you want!

You could rewind a bit to describe Ruth's reactions to recent events, you could have Ruth ask the fungus leshy any questions you might come up with, you could have Ruth look around or investigate somewhere... or even blindly charge off into the fungus room or toward the voice/dogs

https://2e.aonprd.com/Activities.aspx?ID=7

I think the reason Repeat a Spell mentions cantrips (although it does say "usually") is that you'd otherwise quickly run out of limited resources, but Kineticists are weird and don't have limited resources. It's technically also not a spell, which is why it quickly runs into GM fiat.

It's really a shame how ambiguous the Impulse rules are. I think everything would have been much better off with Impulse feats granting cantrips, explaining minor exceptions for how they differ from "actual" spells, but what's published is published...

I appreciate you allowing this. Flavorfully, I think it makes a lot of sense - Shroom is spreading mushroomy joy all over this undiscovered, fungus-lacking area - and it's presumably not too long of a time that they've been exploring and therefore not too strenuous. (Shroom definitely isn't thinking about whether he'll get in trouble for shrooming up the joint.)

If this ever gets into the realm of what you'd consider an "exploit", just let me know and I'll happily stop.