Little Trouble in Big Absalom

Drizzle's trusty shield blocks most attacks from the creatures, he even manages to catch the unexpected backstab attempt!

(Reaction to Shield Block, reducing the damage taken to 0).

The creatures attempt at a dazzling distraction didn't work, so Drizzle retaliated with full force of his arcane might, his weapon transforming into a wicked claw to deliver a massive blow. Feeling more confident, Drizzle bravely hid behind his shield again.

(Two action Spellstrike against Beetle 3, hit 22 AC for 13 slashing damage. Raise Shield)

Fortitude

Spellstrike vs Beetle 3

Gouging Claw Spellstrike

Edited by Rumsztyk (see edit history)
Name
Fortitude
1d20+6 14
Spellstrike vs Beetle 3
1d20+7 15
Gouging Claw Spellstrike
3d6+4 3,3,3

Exploit Vulnerability result (one action)Roll Esoterica Lore vs Standard DC for the level of the creature you are analyzing (I think 14 for a 0 creature, 15 for a 1 - my 11 roll fails either, but doesn't critically fail).

Failure: Failing to recall a salient weakness about the creature, you instead attempt to exploit a more personal vulnerability. You can exploit only the creature's personal antithesis. Your unarmed and weapon Strikes against the creature also become magical if they weren't already.

Personal Antithesis You improvise a custom weakness on a creature by forcefully presenting and empowering a piece of esoterica that repels it on an individual level; for instance, against a tyrant, you might procure a broken chain that once held a captive. This causes the target creature, and only the target creature, to gain a weakness against your unarmed and weapon Strikes equal to 2 + half your level. (2)

Tulki is still so scattered by using the lore of the Great Wyrm against anything as mundane as big bugs that he can't recall much of relevance. He slashes at the thing frantically, hoping to compensate with enthusiasm for his failures in arcana.

Strike 1 vs Beetle 2

Strike 2 vs Beetle 2

Damage 1 vs Beetle 2, including Empower Implement but not including Weakness 2 from Vulnerability

Damage 2 vs Beetle 2, including Empower Implement but not including Weakness 2 from Vulnerability

Esoteric Lore vs Beetle Standard DC

Name
Esoteric Lore vs Beetle Standard DC
1d20+7 4
Strike 1 vs Beetle 2
1d20+6 12
Strike 2 vs Beetle 2
1d20+2 15
Damage 1 vs Beetle 2, including Empower Implement but not including Weakness 2 from Vulnerability
1d6+2 3
Damage 2 vs Beetle 2, including Empower Implement but not including Weakness 2 from Vulnerability
1d6+2 4

HrrooomShroomSporetongue.jpeg.a5ac7713059b75664b87ffd18965ec33.jpeg

Shroom | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | Speed 30'

Condition channeling

Cooldowns Ocean's Balm: none

Durations none

Narration | 'Thoughts' | "Speech"

Hrroo'om lets out a low croak. 'They avoided the worst of the snow. And now the others are in danger.'

He flails his arms around for a moment, then lifts them sharply, his bulbous finger pads trailed by floating sawdust from his aura as a sizable mushroom suddenly pops out of the ground SE of Beetle 2. It waves around gently, seeming to almost dare the beetle to attack.

Shroom then shelters under the cap. "Seek refuge by the Shieldcap!" he shouts to his fellow explorers.

Actions

1, 2. Timber Sentinel

• Takes Strike damage for allies within 5'

3. Stride

Drizzle's spellstrike kills one of the beetles, while Tulki takes out the other two.

The way to the west is blocked by a stacked wall of books, barrels, sacks of salt and sugar, crates of preserves, casks of wine, and jugs of molasses. This haphazard heap of objects looks like it could collapse if you even look at it wrong.

(you can attempt Thievery or Athletics to safely navigate through the wall)

Tulki looks around, a little shocked that both beetles are dead. His veins course with the unexpected victory.

I can get past that wall and see what's next.

Thievery to get through wall

Name
Thievery to get through wall
1d20+6 3

Condition channeling

Cooldowns Ocean's Balm: Tulki 10min

Durations none

Shroom blinks once with his large eyes, surprised. 'It seems my fellow delvers are quite capable indeed.'

Tulki runs off to the wall. Shroom gives his Shieldcap a loving pat, then scrambles after Tulki. "Come back here! I must heal your wounds!" Shroom's tongue flops out, sweeps around the blanket of mist, then darts toward Tulki. His aim is true; his tongue wetly slaps the kobold. As the soothing water drips down Tulki's face, his wounds close a bit.

Shroom then looks intently at the wall, trying to figure out the most stable path over it.

Actions
  • Striding some
  • Ocean's Balm on Tulki
    • 2 fire resistance for 1 minute
    • 10 minute immunity to repeat uses of Ocean's Balm
    • Healing
  • Attempt to navigate wall: Thievery

Edited by Xiadais
Fixing broken image (see edit history)
Name
Healing
1d8 4
Thievery
1d20+2 9

"Yip, yip!" Drizzle shouted with glee at their enemies falling, then remembered they were on a scouting mission and shuddered. "yip,yip..." He whispered.

With his trusty shield acting like a ram, Drizzle carved out a path for himself through the treasure trove.

(Would using the shield this way provide a bonus to the Athletics check?)

Athletics

Name
Athletics
1d20+7 8

Unfortunately, Tulki and Drizzle only make things worse. The wall crashes down on top of them, and when the cacophany of falling objects goes silent, you hear what sounds like a little girl's voice echoing through the area. "Knock knock, who's there?"

(Tulki and Drizzle take 2d8 bludgeoning damage with a DC 18 basic Reflex save)

At least the way is clear now. The plain hallway is relatively clear of junk, allowing further passage into the back reaches of the area. Two rooms lie to the west, their doors wedged open with swells of fungus and huge clusters of mushrooms.

Map

spacer.png

Name
Bludgeoning damage
2d8 6,2

Condition channeling

Durations none

Hrroo'om cringes back with his comically bulbous fingers over his comically large eyes as the precarious heap collapses. 'That was bad! Is everyone okay?'

The thought is rudely interrupted as Shroom inhales. The scent is unmistakable: FUNGUS! His brain entirely tunes out the echoing girl's voice as he excitedly hops over to the doorways and inspects the fungus and mushrooms. He mumbles to himself, "Oh boy these could be a new species or even several I need to make sure they are preserved intact, or I guess I could just harvest spores on our way out wow I am so lucky the trade guild will be so pleased with my finding---"

Shroom continues on in this way for some time before coming back to his senses. "Oh, but I owe it to the others to see this spelunking mission through to the end." He assesses the situation, as he should have initially.

Actions

Recall Knowledge: "What kind of mushrooms are these?"

Lore(Fungus)

Edited by Xiadais
Specifying Recall Knowledge prompt, as per remaster rules (see edit history)
Name
Lore(Fungus)
1d20+4 7

Reflex

"EEP!" Drizzle screeches, avoiding the brunt of the falling objects (Passed save, 4 damage.) He begins to sulk, but the voice shakes him out of his stupor! He decides to introduce himself, trying to find the source or at least which direction it's coming from. Perception

"I am Drizzle! The greatest kobold dragonmage!" He flaunts his shovel-pick-mace, switching between picking, shoveling and macing to show-off.

Edited by Rumsztyk (see edit history)
Name
Reflex
1d20+4 14
Perception
1d20+6 11

Basic Reflex

Damage

It turns out Tulki is not hard for Shroom to catch, since he's staggering around stunned from the falling rubble. He gratefully, if sort only semi-consciously, accepts the healing, and waits to hear if anyone responds to Drizzle.

Name
Basic Reflex
1d20+6 8
Damage
2d8 6,4

The girl's voice echoes and sounds far-away, but seems to be coming from the south.

As Hrroo'om inspects the mushrooms, one suddenly pops up, revealing itself to be a fungus leshy. "Hey, that's my family! You better not mess with my family!" it yells indignantly.

Condition channeling

Durations none

Shroom jumps, spreading his large hands to the sides. "Oho, Your Fungusness! I did not see you there! How is your family doing? I could make them some water, if they'd like!" He demonstrates by tugging like a large-handed mime at the air in front of him, pulling a large dollop of water through a dimensional rift which was not there a moment before, and lapping it up with his tongue. "Fresh fresh fresh! Straight from the Plane of Water! Or perhaps they would prefer some wood to eat?" At this, Shroom opens a hand, palm up; wood shavings from his kinetic aura zoom over to his hand and form a small pile, which he presents to the fungus leshy respectfully, like an offering, while taking one knee.

Actions
  • Base Kinesis -> Generate (Water)
  • Base Kinesis -> Generate (Wood)