Wine and Cheese

DarkAngel

DM

I like ice wine and a selection of cheese's

How about you ?

This is your OoC or WaC thread.

Let's keep it polite and feel free to discuss things over a cheeseboard with crackers and dried fruit.

Posted (edited)
DM

Nice intro guys, starting to get a feel for everyone's characters. I like to tailor the adventures to try and utilise everyone's unique personalities and skill sets.

Currently I will be undertaking sheet / character build audits, once I have done so and any appropriate amendments made, I will be inviting those to join the game. Don't let that stop you from posting.

I appreciate any mechanics spoilers as part of your post but would ask to keep your alignment and detailed info private for the DM's eyes only for now. Just put that stuff within a private box for DarkAngel to read for now.

Feel free to use any of your characters abilities to work stuff out about each other... like true seeing, detect magic etc... or just asking in game.

Enjoy

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

Not checking his alignment, I'm pinging him currently as Lawful. Could be true Neutral but he pings on some axis of Lawful. From presentation could be lawful neutral, sticking to his beliefs and the path of his goddess, could be lawful good if he had been acting well and had done nothing to be too remorseful of, could be lawful evil if he just is content with doing as his Goddess wishes and is malevolent against others... but he doesn't ping that way really. Could buy Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good, somewhere in the middle between those.

EDIT: And miss! Entirely the other side of the spectrum. Well, I can also see him well portrayed as chaotic neutral given how open minded he is and considering each perspective as possibly valid. He did give a good conversation about unjust laws too, now that I remember.

Edited by daltar (see edit history)

2 hours ago, daltar said:

Not checking his alignment, I'm pinging him currently as Lawful. Could be true Neutral but he pings on some axis of Lawful. From presentation could be lawful neutral, sticking to his beliefs and the path of his goddess, could be lawful good if he had been acting well and had done nothing to be too remorseful of, could be lawful evil if he just is content with doing as his Goddess wishes and is malevolent against others... but he doesn't ping that way really. Could buy Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good, somewhere in the middle between those.

EDIT: And miss! Entirely the other side of the spectrum. Well, I can also see him well portrayed as chaotic neutral given how open minded he is and considering each perspective as possibly valid. He did give a good conversation about unjust laws too, now that I remember.

Definitely going for a more neutral feel. But, I dont know if I want Chaos or Law lol. True neutral always makes me feel more like, law of nature. Neither good nor evil, the law of nature.. yet somehow chaotic.

Lawful feels more in line with his Patron. More in line with The Raven Queen. And he's certainly got his own code.
Chaos feels more like freedom. But I feel like most people that take Chaotic Neutral, just want to have an excuse for doing random things. Or borderline/overtheline evil.

Indeed, you can interpret certain characters in very different ways. It all comes down to what comes most naturally to him and what he cares the most about. Law doesn't have to be the law of the land and chaos doesn't have to mean randomness, can also mean adaptability and open mindedness.

On first brush I'd say chaotic evil perhaps, he does seem to be self reliant and distrustful of celestials. Plus with a big emphasis on his own freedom. Being a space pirate would also lead one to think of self interest and libertine ideals... then again, if he is dogmatic in his belief and methodical that could also be lawful.

I would guess at something Neutral. Maybe True Neutral. Very animal, and almost staying away from the other people. Not animal like a rabid beast. But animal like, mapping the exits, skittish, waiting for some predator to swoop in.

I dont have a good gauge on his good/evil side tho. Since he hasnt interacted a lot with people, he just seems grumpy or standofish lol. Ready to not be here.

I agree with more neutral. Possibly evil since he's a pirate, but I wouldn't want to base that on his distrust of this angel. He might just not believe she's an angel.

Here are my guesses for everyone.

Omega, warforged artificer armorer - LG

Azuk, half orc warlock - LN (Updated to CN)

Morgiana The Mirage Fata, high elf rogue - CG (although she thinks she's CN)

Alexandra of Winkelstad, human cleric of Lathander - LG

Fortuna Bedeker, a supernaturally lucky Halfling - TN

Quills, porcupin clockwork soul - NG (Updated to LN)

Xune, lizardfolk rogue spacer - TN

Carq'Khol, githyanki psionic soul - LN

Zeb Ousstly, half drow rogue - CN

Iliyana, astral elf ranger - NG

Taunus, large minotaur paladin - LN, trying to become LG

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, BobtheWizard said:

I agree with more neutral. Possibly evil since he's a pirate, but I wouldn't want to base that on his distrust of this angel. He might just not believe she's an angel.

Here are my guesses for everyone.

Omega, warforged artificer armorer - LG

Azuk, half orc warlock - LN

Morgiana The Mirage Fata, high elf rogue - CG (although she thinks she's CN)

Alexandra of Winkelstad, human cleric of Lathander - LG

Fortuna Bedeker, a supernaturally lucky Halfling - TN

Quills, porcupin clockwork soul - NG

Xune, lizardfolk rogue spacer - TN

Carq'Khol, githyanki psionic soul - LN

Zeb Ousstly, half drow rogue - CN

Iliyana, astral elf ranger - NG

Taunus, large minotaur paladin - LN, trying to become LG

I would agree with most of those.
Except, I think Quills is more Lawful. After the talk of all the rules he sees as sins, etc.

Apologies for being a bit of a lone wolf here, I just thought I could contribute by scouting the area a tad. To be honest, its a bit challenging for me to track this many characters with my eensy beensy brain and relatively small free time.

I certainly don't mind! Quills's thoughts are not my thoughts.

Agreed, it's a lot of characters to keep track of. I had to skim through everything twice for my latest post.