Wine and Cheese

DarkAngel

28 minutes ago, Cointhief said:

Apologies for being a bit of a lone wolf here, I just thought I could contribute by scouting the area a tad. To be honest, its a bit challenging for me to track this many characters with my eensy beensy brain and relatively small free time.

Yeah, it's a bit of a challenge to deal with all that reading of so many posts, with some being many paragraphs... and stuff to try and remember.

It's probably hardest for the DM, because of the responsibility to keep track of what's going on for everyone.

But do no fret... there will be a break soon enough for 2 groups to emerge into separate private game threads where things will be much more easier for the players to keep a tack of. Feel free to continue posting as you wish, I am enjoying reading the whole SIn debate... I am a theologian myself.

What the heck is Redemption anyway ?... is redemption the same for everyone ?... let's see what happens next :)

34 minutes ago, Cointhief said:

Apologies for being a bit of a lone wolf here, I just thought I could contribute by scouting the area a tad. To be honest, its a bit challenging for me to track this many characters with my eensy beensy brain and relatively small free time.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about it. Builds a bit of mystery.

I can't track everyone either tho, so I focus on people that tend to post as much as me or at the same time as me, or that I think Azuk would get along with. Which is mostly the rogues... and fighters. He is more caster... but his lineage aligns with martial.

Sorry in turn for the overly long posts, been having a bit too much fun with them and the game so far. A lovely group and a set up that gives lots of material.

If we are splitting into two parties, here are my thoughts based on mechanics. This is just mechanics, so if people have preferences where they go, or who they play with, this can change.

Split the paladin and cleric as a holy healer:

@Leonidas1789     Alexandra of Winkelstad, human cleric of Lathander - Pyramid

@JagrHunter Taunus, large minotaur paladin - War

Then split the artificer and ranger as secondary healers:

@SMARTAgentKC      Omega, warforged artificer armorer - War

@voodoozombie     Iliyana, astral elf ranger - Pyramid

Split the fighters:

@Grand Poobah The Shadow Sworn fighter

@MidnightPoet       Fortuna Bedeker, a supernaturally lucky Halfling

Split the rogues 2 to 1:

@daltar      Morgiana The Mirage Fata, high elf rogue - War

@Cointhief     Xune, lizardfolk rogue spacer - Pyramid

@MysteriousMiller   Zeb Ousstly, half drow rogue - Pyramid

Split the sorcerers:

@paladinred  Carq'Khol, githyanki psionic soul - Pyramid

@Xiadais      Quills, porcupin clockwork soul - War

Split the other arcane casters (even if Azuk is mostly melee):

@slinkman00 Azuk, half orc warlock - War (but either)

@BobtheWizard      Ivan Targalov, wizard from Barovia - Pyramid

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)

yes thats an interesting breakdown... what if the Pyramid is an all rogue affair... and who's going to take down the two large metal armored warriors in the mass battle scene.

Feel free to make your own choices, I will be tailoring the adventures to suit the characters involved... so if everyone wants to leave Taunus to deal with the mass battle... then that MAY work.

I will say that I think everyone should play the one they think is most interesting. I think they both seem cool, but thought of an in-character reason for mine to go with the Chaos dude. I'm also happy to switch that if @slinkman00 wants to do that one, or if we all think those two characters should stick together.

If you want party balance, I'd suggest talking to the others in your grouping so no one feels railroaded into playing the adventure they don't like as much.

Similar to Bob, I'm happy to do whichever path for meta smoothplay reasons. As a character Xune would certainly choose pyramid, but could be persuaded the alternative if promised/reminded of the spoils off the fallen warriors afterwards.

Ways to split things up:

• Party composition
  • Characters' social ties
  • Characters' preferred scenarios
  • Players' preferred scenarios
  • Probably others!

I personally thought the pyramid sounded rather neat, but Quills would definitely rather go to the war. We'll see how it turns out in terms of how he (and I) get along with the others that go to war 😅

I am fine with either destination. A big war appeals to the orc side of Azuk, but raiding a pyramid sounds equally fun... behind the scenes type work.

As for social interactions. I think Azuk gets along with Morgana. And has good synergy with most rogues and front liners. And would probably have good interactions... or fun at least. With Zeb and Quills and maybe a few others, like the echo knight and Taunos.

At any rate. Not picky about where to go. I was kind of waiting to see who wanted to go where before I chimed in. And I'm currently at work, so will post IC after work.

The pyramid sounds like Morgiana's usual type of work and normally that's where the treasure is, so she'd be all over it on the usual.

However, this is not the usual and she's actually trying to change so she is up for the War.

Edited by daltar (see edit history)