Wine and Cheese

DarkAngel

3 hours ago, slinkman00 said:

Also, kind of curious how we are doing combat and initiative. Since you are making tokens, I'm assuming maps. But, block style initiative? Or individual?

Block style

Everyone before the Baddies... post on first come first post basis

The Baddies... broken up into types of baddies that post together, ie Archers, foot soldiers, charioteers etc...

Everyone after the Baddies... post on first come first post basis

Those that are AWoL normally I grant them a delayed action when they show up again in combat when they post.

Maps yes, move like battle ships... using co-ordinates for moving, targeting spells and naming your enemy.

It'll be clearer when I post the maps n stuff... I'also keep a running tab of wound and damage types and current conditions of everyone.

I'm happy to either lurk or not see the other posts at all...although for more realism I guess we shouldn't peek!

In terms of posting - I'm on almost every day although I do go away on holiday quite frequently.

During combat I try my very best to post every day, though it's usually only once a day.

Does anyone know a way to make it where my homepage games list will only show updates to the Pyramid and OOC threads here, not the hidden other game and DM area? I'm new to the site and not sure how to set that up, if possible.

19 minutes ago, Cointhief said:

Does anyone know a way to make it where my homepage games list will only show updates to the Pyramid and OOC threads here, not the hidden other game and DM area? I'm new to the site and not sure how to set that up, if possible.

Instead of following the entire game, you can follow just the threads you want. Then, instead of going to My Games, you go to Activites, My Activity Streams, Content I Follow. Then if you save that to favorites on your browser you can start there each time.

47 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

ok... however, post templates should be in your player folder someplace.

It's easier to use the template from the previous post every time because it might include updates such as buffs which were not edited into the PC thread

Just now, Xiadais said:

It's easier to use the template from the previous post every time because it might include updates such as buffs which were not edited into the PC thread

You can still clone a post from a closed thread. You just have to use the three dots in the upper right.

1 hour ago, Cointhief said:

There's no way to make it automatically not show up as "unread" though. If that bothers you (it does for me), you just have to hit "Mark Forum As Read" at the bottom of the list of threads, each time there's an update to something you're unable to see.