Application (Questions & Answers)

bwatford

Is my character hook okay? Are you going to make any changes to it? Or can Jessica's grandfather be co owner of the Able Carter Coaching Inn? Or probably just a cook.

5 hours ago, CapKirk said:

Is my character hook okay? Are you going to make any changes to it? Or can Jessica's grandfather be co owner of the Able Carter Coaching Inn? Or probably just a cook.

Co owner is fine.

Question about half-elves. They are in neither of the WotC lists (allowed or disallowed). However, they are in the AoW Payer's guide. So... Are they allowed?

3 hours ago, Dixi said:

Question about half-elves. They are in neither of the WotC lists (allowed or disallowed). However, they are in the AoW Payer's guide. So... Are they allowed?

Yes, they exist and are referred to by the locals as elfmarked.

I have opened an "in character" thread for all applicants while you wait for final selection if you would like to participate. It certainly isn't mandatory and will have no bearing on final selection. It is just a place to get a feel for the character that you have created.

You can find the thread below:

Applicant - IC - Able Carter Coaching Inn - Applications - Myth-Weavers

Would a Gearforged with the Time-Lost Traveller be a valid concept? I see it as someone who had been the servant of a wizard sometime back and got embedded in a soul gem in an attempt for the wizard to create a bodyguard/more efficient servant. The gem and memory gears got lost due to an enemy of the wizard and only recently was rebuilt for mining.

15 minutes ago, Laird_Thorne said:

Would a Gearforged with the Time-Lost Traveller be a valid concept? I see it as someone who had been the servant of a wizard sometime back and got embedded in a soul gem in an attempt for the wizard to create a bodyguard/more efficient servant. The gem and memory gears got lost due to an enemy of the wizard and only recently was rebuilt for mining.

That would be a valid concept.

Looking at the demographics of Diamond Lake mentioned in the player's guide pdf, I'm wondering how accepting the townspeople, and people in the general vicinity, are of the more beastial/monstrous races?

12 minutes ago, Stoneshanks said:

Looking at the demographics of Diamond Lake mentioned in the player's guide pdf, I'm wondering how accepting the townspeople, and people in the general vicinity, are of the more beastial/monstrous races?

It is an outlier place, I mean the mining industry has literally made the lake so polluted it is now unfishable, past adventurers have robed all the cairn's long ago so very few adventuring types come around anymore. It is really a shell of what it once was. And now the new gearforged are being brought in to work the dangerous depths of the mines where humanoids can't breathe, and the new machines threaten to take their jobs.

So, I could definitely see some bestial races being used in the mining as well, almost like a slave class.

Final week coming up before final selection on the 9th.

Leaving today to head back to my sisters for the memorial service for her husband who past away, then off to the mountains for a few days, may actually drag her with us if we can. So communication may be sporadic at times this coming week.

Hope the week goes as well as it can.

With regards to monstrous races...I'm building a Ratfolk rogue with the idea that he has been part of the "Gallery of Science" at the Emporium. Would that be acceptable as part of my backstory? (Raised by the Professor as part of his travelling show?)

Question - are the weapon options from Midgard Heroes Handbook available? I've never used them, but things like Pinning Point, Underdog throw etc. look really interesting.

Edited by MysteriousMiller (see edit history)

4 hours ago, MysteriousMiller said:

Hope the week goes as well as it can.

With regards to monstrous races...I'm building a Ratfolk rogue with the idea that he has been part of the "Gallery of Science" at the Emporium. Would that be acceptable as part of my backstory? (Raised by the Professor as part of his travelling show?)

Question - are the weapon options from Midgard Heroes Handbook available? I've never used them, but things like Pinning Point, Underdog throw etc. look really interesting.

Backstory would fit well and weapon options are available.