Comments

Is this game open to clueless newbies?

I do have rpg experience, both table and pbp but only in other game sytems (World of Darkness, Fate, Ars Magica, Traveller, Star Trek). My kids wanted dnd5 for Christmas (there first rpg), so we have been tinkering about with it since then. I do have some grasp on game mechanics thanks to Baldur's Gate 3, but I am stuck with the basic boxed rule set (player's handbook, Gammaster's or what it is called, Monsters).

If this is open to people like me - is there a particular character that is needed?

I like bards most, but also druids and paladins, because they have stories to tell.

I also know very little abput the setting. Is it yours? Or is it a canon setting I haven't seen yet?

What would be the starting level?

Edited by Gris (see edit history)

This game is open to anyone, so no worries there.

I also only have the basic books, so again: That's fine.

The only character to survive from the original incarnation of this game is a ranger. All classes are fine. But, note, I think bards are second only to barbarians.

The setting is mine. All you need to know initially is in the game thread - which I just updated - but it's deliberately kinda .. weird and mysterious. I'd say you're welcome to play a proud Imperial Citizen - though as a player you may feel the practices of the Empire are somewhat morally deficient. Because they are.

Starting level is 4.

And thanks for your interest =)

She is? Didn't I ever level the group up? I'm positive I did. Regardless, keep her at 4, keep her gear. I'll have some gear for the new players in the very first encounter - provided they survive it =D

No, of course I wouldn't kill a character in the introduction.

Made a sheet. I kept the background to a minimum, because the boxes on the sheet are tiny, but I can easily elaborate. More importantly, I hope, I haven't made a blunder of the numbers. I have checked and double-checked, but I am still quite green.

Is it possible to move from a sheets only page to a character creation page? Just communicating my dislike for the character sheets myself. But your preferences may vary.

14 hours ago, Acromos said:

She is? Didn't I ever level the group up? I'm positive I did. Regardless, keep her at 4, keep her gear. I'll have some gear for the new players in the very first encounter - provided they survive it =D

No, of course I wouldn't kill a character in the introduction.

Ok cool, thanks for the info. 😀

• 4 weeks later...