Session 1.5: The Party

darkhugh

Mikhail Razumovsky

5T8FtUZ6pwFNm0Kw9eRQhMh68kv5bofurE37Pe_cAOeC6BBPDIBSx8qcGjpNl-zWbPeTgAPWa53LnoHyFPdwWg0Z6ORjFG6FkwKfTtbDbKYlz9kOLuY8yD2C0hvZpDwXWMgyG6mq-M5gcoeyJnsfahU

Wounds: 12/12
Fatigue: 0/4

Ego Barrier: 25/25
Insanity: 0

Mikhail looks up at Samuel, smiling as he shakes his hand. His expression does not falter as he admits: "They only told me some of the basics, though it was enough to know that there are major differences. The main emphasis was on teaching me how to use it, of course. Is there anything that you think I should know?"

The Setting 

Time and Date: 20:02, Thursday, 21st September 2023.

Segment 3

Serena remains with Andrea and Oliver, listening as the pair talk amongst themselves and adding in her two cents from time to time. The conversation mostly resolves around the upcoming press conference, mainly in regards to what Oliver should expect, though it is Paul that will be leading the conference. Andrea does make it clear to Serena that Ms Rebecca Jordan will be attending, she is likely travelling across from the US now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fergus shrugs a little at your comment of help, "guess it helps relations a little, but honestly its one of the easier jobs while still being able to spend some time in the mech. Afterall, not like a tank or plane can do much against an AT field."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As Anya approaches the Greg and Chris Kumar she catches Greg's reply to a question, "busy indeed. With the recent attack we have more to look out for, so that keeps the team a bit too busy. They are looking to roll out the training I think." Chris raises an eyebrow at the response, clearly a little surprised, but seeing Anya doesn't push the topic. " Ah, 'ello Anya, enjoying this shindig I hope?" The voice of Chris, as always, is strong and somewhat loud.

Greg takes Anya's hand with a nod, the size difference is almost a joke. With Greg being over 6 foot with rather broad and Anya almost looks like a small doll next to him. "Nice to meet you. Well done on your win."

The somewhat scruff scientist nods at Mikhail's response, "a bit of a shame, not sharing." He hesitates to reply to your question at first but then goes on, "well, your Mecha are different to our own. Though they share core fundamentals, meaning the Mecha are derivatives of the same source. That being the original work by Adam Burgess and Sandra Entria." He smiles a little to himself, "its interesting to see how the development have changed. The most obviously physical difference is just how much...Bigger yours are, where as most of our Class - C go for sleekness. Along with that, your mecha are clearly designed to host heavy weaponary, though," he glances to Caroline, "I don't believe any of that information was shared?" She shakes her head from side to side, making it clear no weapons, or schematics, were shared.

OOC

Your next post will be in response to the above, and wrapping up what you do as part of the last segment (so you can do some spy rolls etc).

I will then put in a summary post and move us along to the planning thread.

spacer.pngZelda know Fergus from the profile and his answer perfectly the idea she had of him, he's someone bred for war, they are a bad match.

"sometimes i feel like there arent enough hours in a day to do all the things people want me to do"

But her mind is elsewhere, projected into the future, the interview, it's important for her, she want to do well, by Nerv standards the collateral damage was acceptable, it has been a good battle and yet the press is mostly against them, theres an astonishing difference between how Zelda perceive the battle outcome and how the news are describing it, she wonder whats the best stance to take, what is really important for the people of London, what words would help counter the negative press and rally her fellow countrymen on their side? This, of course, is the job for the PR team but she cant ignore it, maybe she will pay them a visit tomorrow or Saturday.

action

Using common lore(local news) to tell what is important for the people of london, what do they really want to hear/see, would a strong approach where they defend their actions be better or would an apologize earn more sympathy? what kind of actions can Zelda do to show that she know what is important for them

Name
common lore(target 28)
1d100 91
common lore(target 28) fate point reroll
1d100 50

Serena looks at Oliver. "Watch out for Miss Jordan, Rebecca will do a great deal to get shots in on me, and she's not exactly a big fan of NERV since you all have 'taken in the war criminal'. She is sensationalist, is known to consort with terrorists, and is not above providing information to terrorists to get herself bigger stories, although never in provable ways." Serena takes a moment to compose herself and discreetly scan the room, and then continues. "Has she become a pain in your ass yet, Andrea? I'm busy enough I really don't get to keep up with the PR front, and I'm--frankly--unsuited for it. I can do a dog and pony show with a script and handlers like yourself and Oliver, but my experiences with the press are...unpleasant.

Oh, and are you prepared if they ask why I'm wearing sunglasses indoors?" Serena says the last with some humor, but it is clearly a subject that has some seriousness to it. "That leads to topics we definitely don't want to discuss."

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Wounds: 13/13

Ego Barrier: 35/35

Fate Points: 2/3

Fatigue: 0

Insanity Points: 0

Name
Serena's Awareness scan--Perception
success(1d100,32,below) 55

Emiko
spacer.png

Wounds: 0/12
Fatigue: 2

Insanity: 2

"We just have to.. well you know.. do our best?" even she didn't sound like she was very confident with that statement. She was more focused on trying to put together everything she had learned, it wasn't much - social interactions weren't really her thing - but she had some little things to work on.
Name
Just rolling logic to peace together things (32)
1d100 17

image.png.879faf61629a88eaff5b2278d7b892c5.png"Yes thanks Chris. Although it does seem a little strange, been a hectic couple of days."

As Anya shakes Greg's hand she notices him observing one person in particular. While she tries to figure out why she continues the conversation with him.

"Thank you Greg. It was not easy, particularly having not worked together and with little prep. Now that we are back up to four pilots and with some regular training we can do some things better."

She also wants to press something she heard on the way over. "We have not been told the specifics of training yet, do you know what we can expect?"

ActionsCommon lore (War) TN 40 - to remember anything about Serena and her time in military that Greg would be suspicious of. Failed by 6.

Awareness (Sight) TN 58 to gauge the reactions of Greg and Chris to her training question. Passed 2 DoS.

Edited by Mattheus2924 (see edit history)
Name
Common lore (War) TN 40
1d100 46
Awareness (Sight) TN 58
1d100 32

Mikhail Razumovsky

5T8FtUZ6pwFNm0Kw9eRQhMh68kv5bofurE37Pe_cAOeC6BBPDIBSx8qcGjpNl-zWbPeTgAPWa53LnoHyFPdwWg0Z6ORjFG6FkwKfTtbDbKYlz9kOLuY8yD2C0hvZpDwXWMgyG6mq-M5gcoeyJnsfahU

Mikhail listens to Samuel with apparent interest, noting the semi-familiar names and nodding at the end. "We have heavier armour as well. I think the different designs will complement each other tactically. Ideally, the Entities would concentrate fire on me, while my more maneuverable teammates go around them," he muses aloud. "By the way, what sort of heavy weapons do you have here?"

Posted (edited)

End of Segment 3

Mark can't help but laugh a little when Zelda comments on the lack of time, "I have bad news for you, that is only going to get worse. Workload and the rest will build up a bit as you get more comfortable." The conversation between the three of you continues on, but eventually the ebb and flow of the party causes your small group to break apart, leaving you with you throughts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Andrea and Oliver listen to Serena speak, Andrea nods along but gives off the idea he is just nodding and not really following along for listening, almost a glazed look on his face. "From what I know from Paul, the consorting with terrorists is, as you say...unfounded...So we can avoid saying that publicly." Oliver says the words with a light smile and wink to Serena, "Paul does seem to have a working relationship with her, I believe, he will be able to control her a little...But perhaps she won't be able to avoid taking a shot at you."

When the question on the sunglasses comes up Andrea glances up at the ceiling, "hmm. Good question, we will have to come up with something..." There is a moment of silence before Oliver speaks up, "you could claim photophobia, sensitivity to bright lights. Perhaps relate it back to a prior engagement, subtly paint war hero." Andrea nods along, "that is exactly what I was thinking Oliver, great work."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The group nod at Emiko's comment, it appears that they are in agreement.

Anya talks amongst Chris and Greg for a short while, the question on training is answered openly both both of them. Chris makes it clear there will be time within simulations to help people get more comfortable with their Mecha, while Greg mentions how there will likely be physical training, close combat training and weapons training in the near future. He mentions about you and your team likely getting involved in a 'shoot house' exercise.

Samuel cannot help but nod when Mikhail mentions the different designs will compliment each other. The question on weaponry is awnsered by Caroline who mentions most are still in development, but the available ones would be; gatling gun and HELIOS Rifle. Development of Heavy Railgun and HELIOS Annihilator and close to completion.

An Hour Passes

End of the Party

The party ebbs and flows, people mingle and with time people eventually give their goodbyes. One by one the people begin to disappear, eventually the final guest, Chris Kumar, takes his leave.

This leaves the five of your and a somewhat messy living room, so as a group you begin to clear things up and tidy the area. Tomorrow, the 22nd of September, will be mostly free for you. You know there will be a more in depth tour of the facility and training will begin.

On the 23rd Serena has planned a shopping trip, allowing to get you up to London proper and look around and the Jehoel attack on the East coast of America will likely occur. That is an event you have been advised to watch and review, the more you know about the Entities the better. Then, on the 24th, you have the press conference.

You spend some time clearing up, taking empty bottles and the like and removing them. It is at this moment when Zelda goes to throw away an empty 2L bottle of coke something catches her eyes. Through the empty bottle she can see writing on the inside of the label, which would normally be hidden when liquid is inside. Removing the label she is able to get a better look at the writing, which is typed into the label.

ybjsyd xncym thytgjw snsj fr fy Qnshtqsx Nss Knjqix. Tsj ujwxts tsqd. -M

OOC

I will be preparing the next thread, however feel free to RP as a group in this thread until then.

Below is the information gained from rolls.

Zelda - Failed

• Within the interview you can assume there will be different 'factions' who each want different things, what you can't be sure. The media and the people of London being two of the groups.
  • You do know however, the people within London choose to be here. There are other cities that are far less dangerous than London, mass egress did occur when NERV-London was first established.

Serena- Pass

• Information shared in secret, share as you see fit.

Emiko- Pass, 1DoS

• From the interactions you have witnessed you can deduce the following.
  • Samuel Prince is not keen on Daniel Birch, Mr Prince was watching the other man on a regular basis and seemed to relax when Daniel left.
  • Oliver and Caroline were seen talking together alone, a work relationship you would not expect.
  • Ian seems to annoy people with his off hand comments, but some of the things seemed to stir people the wrong way, meaning he was likely right on some accounts.

Anya

• I will be honest, I can't recall what has been made public on Serena. I will allow @Prestar to share that. However, if you want to spend the roll doing 'research' on Serena in downtime that can be done instead.
  • For the training questions, the pair are honest and up front, neither are hiding anything. Greg does clearly want to get you all trained correctly, he likely sees you as a bit of a rabble at the moment.

Mikhail

• No roll made.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

Serena stretches as she finishes cleaning up the public space. "That seemed to go well, Ladies and Gentleman. Now hold as I sweep the apartment for bugs." Serena proceeds to pull out high-end surveillance-sweeping gear, sweep the apartment and all of the spaces for bugs, and put away the gear in her room before continuing.

She sits Mikhail down, and then sits down across from him. "So, besides risking your life in an eldritch abomination to science to fight further abominations to biology from beyond the vale, what actually brings you here, Mikhail? Because while I'm sure some teenage boys would dream of living out their harem fantasy, you...are not that teenage boy. So what's your actual mission?" Serena takes off her mirrorshades to stare, deep into Mikhail's eyes, with her disconcerting silver eyes.

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

spacer.pngA physically and mentally exhausted Zelda look at the label with a message on it.

The sender couldnt possibly know she would end up finding it, shes reasonably sure it's not for a specific agent, however she hasnt been informed of any secret code, this is gibberish to her.

Silver speech momentary distract her, she take it as confirmation that Mikail is indeed another secret agent working on their side.

She pity the boy, who's getting Silver's intro speech, intimidating stare included, while Zelda see him as a kid, like Anya, she cant deny he has beautiful blue eyes and his messy blond hairs are cute.

She shake her head and try to lend aid, a little distraction to buy him time.

In her most piratey accent "Arrr, we've got a message in a bottle Cap'n!" handing the label to Silver.

Tired, she drop on the couch, gathering the energy to make the voyage to her bed

Mikhail Razumovsky

As the party winds down, Mikhail lets his smile fade and gets to work on helping clean up. He is unperturbed when Serena pulls him away... if anything, it seems that he has been expecting that. Her eyes, however, give him pause. The boy stares at them silently for perhaps a second longer than is polite... though under the circumstances, perhaps he can't be blamed. Soon he composes himself, though, and reports crisply: "To investigate Project Red Kite and report all relevant intelligence to the Handler. I was briefed that this is your mission as well," he adds by way of explanation, glancing emphatically at the other pilots before returning to those eerie eyes. Then his look turns slightly quizzical... wasn't she told? Or is this another test?

She continues to sit across from Mikhail and stare into him with those silver eyes as she unwraps her headscarf and bares her long pure silver hair. "So, besides risking your life Piloting and commiting Treason against NERV--and make no mistake, NERV will torture all of us and then kill us, no notification to your next of kin if they catch us spying--but What drives you to be here, Mikhail?" Serena stares deep into Mikhail's eyes for several moments, then looks around the room, making eye contact with each of her Pilots for several moments.

"I, for example, am here because I am the only survivor of the initial expedition to the Androsk Impact site in Twenty-Thirteen. I was physically changed that day, given insights that have rendered me more than a little insane grasping the enormity of reality...and left seeking vengeance for the members of my Delta team. I'm here for everyone I knew killed by the Androsk Impact, as I have sources indicating that the Impact might just have been preventable. I am here to keep you all alive and avenge my teammates and loved ones.

Thank you for that, Zelda. Pull up a seat. Everyone pull a seat after you grab a drink. And Zelda, please bring that bottle over here.

Let's all plot, plan, and get to know each other. I'm certainly not judging."

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

spacer.pngZelda groan then drag herself to the table, too tired for a team-building session "Hello, my name is Zelda Hooper, i'm 16, my favorite group is the Daft Punk and it has been..." she draw her smartphone , check it "only 12 hours since i met you all" she stow the device and rest her head on the table "it's a bit early for an heart to heart talk about me....but you're the only ones i can openly talk to, in the entire city, might as well give it a try "

Without raising her head "the Androsk Impact and everything that happen afterward changed everyones lives, my family included, my parents couldnt look away from all the death and destruction and so they did what they could, focused all their efforts on humanitarian works, joining a no profit and putting their skills toward a goal, there are those who fight entities and those who rebuild, they belong to the second group, my mom is a researcher, biotechnology, among the other things she worked on lab grown organs to offer an alternative to hospitals, my dad is an accountant, he does math, all day, really boring, really important math" she sigh "i admire them, really, i too helped with volunteering activities, but i've seen things...that i wish to forget, my mom encouraged me to push forward, to be the best, a light for humanity...kind of a heavy burden...twice so when the govern tested me and found out that, among my seemingly endless qualities... " she chuckle, joking...but not too much, Zelda doesnt lack arrogance, being constantly referred as a prodigy didnt help " i'm inexplicably able to influence the fluctuation of my synch ratio, to a limited degree, i had to join the eva pilot training program, which i aced, obviously, though i cant say i like the rigidity of the military structure, or having to pilot giant monsters, or snoop around the group who's protecting this very country...but if i dont, someone else will, someone less capable" finished her introduction she add "this is as much as i'm willing to share now, if we survive the next giant monster i might add some more"

image.png.879faf61629a88eaff5b2278d7b892c5.pngAnya gets to work straight away in helping to tidy up, somewhat relieved that there are just a few of them now.

At Silver's request she joins the others at the table and pours herself a drink. "Zelda, I have a book of codes and ciphers that might help with that."

Mostly for the benefit of Mikhail she recaps a little of what she has already told the others. "I was born in Munich Germany, Father was a soldier, Mother a field nurse. Neither work in the field after the events in Berlin but still have military ties. The military has always been part of my life, trained from a young age, which helped me get selected as an Eva pilot. All of which helps with my other job too I suppose."

Emiko
spacer.png

Wounds: 0/12
Fatigue: 2

Insanity: 2

Emiko settles down at the table and seems intent on just following Zelda's lead, she had been carefully instructed on how much to reveal, but then she also had been instructed on loyalty to NERV.. and that was going splendidly..

"You all know my name is Emiko Junsuina, from Japan. Its also probably too surprising for you to hear that I am .. Different." she makes a vague gesture to sort of, everything "I am - technically - five years old. I was created for a very specific purpose, and the fact that i am somewhat outside that purpose is.. Confusing to me at times. There is a reason i am so compatible with my Eva, after all.."

"I'll of course answer any questions I can, because I want your trust."