Out of Character

Shub-Niggurath

So, I'm going for a character who can fill the 'Dumb Muscle' role. Brick will be the big guy in armor who's always ready to jump into a fight.

However, as a Bioroid his legal status is something that the party will need to work out. If we're looking at an above-board perfectly legal operation then someone else on the crew will have to be his legal guardian. According the the Transhuman Space book p.76 the legal loophole companies use to avoid calling it slavery is to have bioroids adopted by a person or company who then raise them until they are legal adults. Apparently labor laws say that it's legal for a bioroid to work for their guardian's business just as a minor can work on a family farm. Alternatively if we're not going to be fully above board then we can also just go with Brick being a stolen or emancipated bioroid who has bonded with everyone and decided on his own to stay with the party.

Anyone feel like having a character be Brick's legal guardian?

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

i'm sure someone(likely multiple someones) will be willing to adopt him, the hobby for painting make him an adorable murder machine.

Failing that, he might be owned by the Symbicort Investigation(say, a figurehead within the organization has adopted all their bioroids, to bypass the law)

the problem might be the dinosaur laser, at lc1 it's like going around with a rocket launcher

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)

I could say that Brick was adopted by Symbicort Investigations, but depending on the nature of our mission and our employer I think I'd rather it be one of the PCs, if only to avoid a situation with split loyalties.

The loadout I have listed now would be his ideal gear but I can definitely swap out any of his equipment to more legal alternatives if necessary. It all kind of depends on what the party is actually hired to do and the types of obstacles they are expected to face.

My Very Favorite Gun

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Thats gm territory, must wait to hear what is the control rating of great britain, to make a real life example the USA have, probably, a CR3 for guns(you can easily get a lc3 gun , es. a shotgun, and you can get a lc 2 weapon, es. an assault rifle, with a somewhat hard to get /expensive license) while modern europe is probably CR4 for guns(to get a shotgun, you need a somewhat hard to get/expensive license)(note. real life nations use split Crs, they are too complex to represent with a single score)

the dinosaur rifle is in the same category of landmines, artillery , antitank weapons basically anything the military would use that doesnt break the geneva convention or is a weapon of mass destruction(thats lc0)

Nothing kills a game faster than a lack of regular communication.

I've started the work up on a character, but until we get more on the specs of this game, we're all kinda in a holding pattern.

• 1 month later...