Character Details Initiative currently 10+3d6

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human
B 4 A 4 R 2 S 2 W 5 L 5/7 I 4 C 2 ESS 5.2 EDG 2 M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 10 / 11
Armor: 12
Limits: Physical 4, Mental 8, Social 5
Physical Initiative: 6+1D6 (Max Spell 10+3d6)
Astral Initiative: 8+3D6

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)
Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 1 (5d), Creole 1 (5d), English N

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

13 dice to cast /Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated.

Detect Life (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Spatial Sense (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Mind Probe F

Heal F-4 *Permanent if sust F combat rnds

Increase Reflexes F

Improved Invisibility F-1

Vehicle Mask F-3

15 dice to cast/ Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated:

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
   Sustaining Focus: Health Spells (4)
Weapons:
   Ruger Super Warhawk [Heavy Pistol, Acc 5, DV 9P, AP -2, SS, 6 (cy)]
Contacts:
Kadence (Ghoul) (Connection 1, Loyalty 2)
Lys (Connection 1, Loyalty 1)
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥)

Venn smiles a little sadly.. "I got payments due, or my kneecaps will suddenly develop problems. Hoping this job will get me out from under. So... option two, while keeping my eyes open for option three."

i5sIzrE.png

Setting down her drink after a long sip, watching the commlink issue be addressed, Puppet lifted a hand slightly as if to 'take' the attention. "That does bring up a matter of Communication. What is everyone running for hardware and access? 404 and myself have our commlinks in our heads, but the rest?" she asked, looking around the table at the assembled runners.

"Does everyone possess glasses, contacts or eyes able to see 'AR'? My mind can type and send faster than my body can speak- so sending a message to a group-chat AR window will let myself, and 404, communicate without words. If- people have a means to always see their commlink messages." she looks about once again, seeming to weight something a moment before continuing.

"I also have the capacity to record my senses, emotions and more. And if needed, as you have seen- summon the digital into reality." she concludes, extending the same hand as done before when she displayed the satellite image, though this time she summoned a Ares Predator pistolAnyone looking at the weapon with any real scrutiny can make a Perception Test, threshold of 2. Success revealing that the weapon is a hologram.

Failure would not indicate they believe it to be magic- but that the weapon appears so realistic as to be believable rather than seen-through.
piece by piece into her hand, wireframe becoming the physical over the seconds. She gripped the handle and slowly rotated the weapon- before opening her hand and causing the weapon to shatter into a thousand digital-fragments and vanish.

Commlink & PAN Status

MCT-3500 Commlink (DR 3, 0/0/3/3)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 10
Mode: Normal
SIN: [FakeSIN Rating 4] Horizon Group Corporate SIN HG-55N13-0T834

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Horizon Group Corporate SIN | HG-55N13-0T834

spacer.pngCORPORATE CITIZEN

SIN: HG-55N13-0T834
Name: Takeda, Naomi
Metatype: Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Date of Birth: 28/05/20XX
Birthplace: Los Angeles
Issuer: Horizon Group
Profession: Model Influencer
Licenses:
Authorization Required

Horizon ShadowLink Commlink (DR 6, 0/2/6/7 | Noise Reduction 6)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 9
Mode: Silent
SIN: Renraku Corporate SIN RCS-45O90-R662

Slaved Devices Matrix Stats: 0/2/6/7 Max Devices: 18
Cyberears Savalette Guardian Pistol Holo Bracelet
Cybereyes SCK Model 100 SMG  
Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    
  Executive Suite Clothing Suzuki Mirage Motorcycle

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Renraku Corporate SIN | RCS-45O90-R662

SIN: RCS-45O90-R662
Name: Okamura, Ryoko
Issuer: Renraku Computer Systems
Profession: Red Samurai Trainee
Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

Current Skillwire Slots: 8/12 (Turkish Lingusoft 4, Armourer 4)

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥)

"Image Link.", replies Venn, gently pulling on her lower eyelid to show the maker's logo there. For the moment at least, she was sticking to the point and doing so with brevity.

Sitting eating her pasta, she wonders when this meeting would wrap up. She also wonders about the exit. It had occurred to her that if the ghouls had an underground railroad moving them past borders, under walls and the like, that such a route would be demanding beyond that experienced with relation to some French cheeses. It would be hard on the stomach and the immune system.

She pondered what they would do, if the exit were compromised. It was a staple of the dramas. Do the job and get hung out to dry with a barred exit.

Still, it occurred to her that they could exist in the Warrens, even if it meant running and hiding in the beginning. It had a definite big fish in a small pond feel to it. It wasn't like it was secure corporate complex.

It was, it occurred to her more akin to where she'd last been fighting, and losing.. hiding in ruins, up to her waist in stinking water, trying to stay alive, more precisely doing some damage to try and stay alive. Plus, if she'd judged the people now around her correctly, they seemed to have esprit de corp up to here.

She considered herself something of an ascetic, her playground, her domain, inside her head. The desire for possessions was to her mind, not only bourgois but also a distraction from pursuing the things that mattered. She remembered a line from an old drama.. 'what you need fits on the back of a horse'. So, missing the odd meal, sleeping on a thin mattress in a drafty loft, that kind of thing held no fears for her.

Still, esprit de corps didn't save us last time... 'right' pretty much always loses to 'might' unless idealism was alloyed with a sneaky underhanded appreciation of how the world worked.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Suitpic1.jpg.636706db58ac0afefb051dbaa438ffdd.jpg.9d85d2d92e49923e86b3ffb1603e2f4f.jpg

Stats and OOC

Ahmed "Suit" Islam

METATYPE: ELF

B 2, A 3, R 2, S 2, W 3, L 3, I 4, C 8, ESS 5.4, EDG 2

Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10

Current Armor: 7 (Actioneer Business Suit)

Limits: Physical 3, Mental 5, Social 9

Physical Initiative: 6+1D6

Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 2, Bengalo N, English N, Zuni 2

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities: Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Penicilin, Bilingual, Common Sense, Day Job (2,500¥/month, 20 hrs/week), First Impression, SINner (National SIN): Ahmed Islam-UCAS, Too Pretty to Hit

Augmentations:
   Datajack
   Skin Toner

Vehicles:
   Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]
      Gear:
         Anti-Theft System (2)
         Gridlink
         Gridlink Override
         Morphing license plate
         Sensor Enhancement (2)
         Spoof chip

Currently Equipped/Carried Gear:
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
   Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2)
   Erika Elite (w/ P2.1, Ticker: Denver News)
   Faceless - Generic (Generic elf)
   Fake SIN: Mahmud khan (R4) - License: Bounty Hunter (4), Fake License: Conceal and carry (4), Fake License: Driver's (4), Fake License: Fire Arms (4), Fake License: PI (4), Fake SIN (4)
   Meta Link
   Subvocal Microphone
   Tag Eraser
   White Noise Generator (6)

Equipped/Carried Weapons:
   Defiance EX Shocker [Taser, Acc 4, DV 9S(e), AP -5, SS, 4 (m)] w/ (100x) Taser Dart

"Same here, Image Link as well," Suit says, tapping next to his eye. Those contact lenses had really paid for themselves over and over again. "As for an alternative exit, I know a smuggler who does work all around the city - I'll talk to him before the meeting with Pickle." He had a good feeling about this - Niko had been a good contact, the entire time he'd been a shadowrunner. No doubt he'd know some way out that would work for the group.

Then again, he thought, we'd have to actually get out of there first. The thought of there being actual violence unsettled him - he wasn't some former elite corp samurai, or a spec ops dude with training from hell. He was a good talker who knew a few people, that was the gist of him. Ah, it'll probably be fine, he'd been practicing at the range.

He does, in fact, look at the gun more closely - that was impressive. Could scare off some gangers if we made them think they were outgunned, he thinks.

Name
Perception, looking at the holo-gun: Int (4) + Perception (4)
success(8d6,5,above,no,no) 6,3,2,5,4,3,4,3

image_2024-01-18_175310672.png.2a97919d704f3ce8b6ccb8a32b9c192a.pngBarbara Silverstone

Character Info

PhyCon: 11/11 | StuCon: 10/10 | Dodge: 11 | Soak: 17* | Edge: 2/2 | Initiative: 11+1d6

More to be added

The visualiser draws a smile to Barbara's face as she nods. Cheap trick, and not one that worked on everyone, but a handy one nonetheless. Maybe a slick trick for the wizes in the crowd. "I can hold a DNI convo. I'd suggest not sticking to it if there's many eyes on us, though. Tends to unnerve onlookers, bunch of people just reacting to something in unison. Like bugs. I can cover someone's link as well, but not much more. Your irons are gonna be out if I'm covering." Giving a commiserating glance at Venn, she concludes swiftly, "I'd stick to a burner for biz then, hon. More important things to get if you're on a budget. Keep a earpiece too, in case the noise kills your bars."

With slightly rosier cheeks from the three drink lunch, she waves a hand in front of her face. As Suit jumps in, she smiles widely. "And we got backup transportation too, this is getting better by the minute." Trust the stubbled local to be friends with everyone. Might get that smuggler's commcode if things go well. Working on the rapidly warming bourbon, Barbara stares at the diner's decor. Not used to so many plans of the minutiae, but it made some sense. The team was moving not to catch some footage and interview some locals, but kick a few of them out, work as impromptu pest control, and a 'security check'.

The matrix for dummies was humourous to her, but the Awakened were notoriously luddite - as a generalisation, not a rule. At least nobody was reminded not to be posting on their MeFeed yet, though she notices Venn's eyes glaze over, a sentiment she shared. "We got some more digging to get back to, and I wouldn't mind some time to clear the head before hitting the place. I think we got most of it covered. I'll trust you mystical types gonna tell us what to do if things go mystical?", she adds.

image.png.c18b82c8a9ea019591f88f74c732e9e7.png"Same here," Ironside added after Suit's suggestion. "I've got an image link in some hardware, and I also have a contact operating outside Denver, but I'll ping him anyway. He might know someone that could add options to the table." He took a moment to ponder, reflecting on what Venn said about communication via spirits. "I do have some favors from two spirits, which may be used for communication. However, we should reserve them for emergencies. I'll keep the idea in mind. Oh, and by the way, I know a good spell to create illusions. So if we need a fearsome troll for the intimidation factor or want to release a tiger somewhere, that might be an option. I've gotten very creative over the years using this spell—I can even fool sensors and cameras with it."

And finally, he added to his new favorite blondie ''Oh, of course. I never worked with an extra mage on the field before - those I worked with had tendancy to be in a secure room or vehicule, providing support. We are more than covered with both of us.''

"So communications are covered then. It'll be a number of hours before my searches yield all their results though." he says as he lifts his glass and takes a long drink, downing the rest of the wine in one go before setting the glass down, looking at it. It would be nice to have more but he was driving home, one was enough for now. "Whatever I dig up Ill forward it to your comms when its ready. In the mean time you all check up on our alternate escape options."

He then shrugs "I dont know anything about spirits, magic, or any of that drek. So the second you know something feels off let me know. Ill trust your expertise in the matter."

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥) now 3780

Venn clearly listens carefully to both Barb and 404, on the matter of comms security, looking impassive, perhaps a little irritated, the entire time. She nods when Barb asks about magical stuff, knowing she could communicate the practical effects if not the whole enchilada of magic to a mundane. It was like what Arthur C. Clarke had said.. 'Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic', which of course made what she did 'sufficiently advanced'. Still, it irked her that those whose responsibility was 'less advanced' technology, seemed limited in what they could do.

OOC

The updated matrix research is in red text.

Matrix Search results as of 12 hours.

1) Pickle’s  dream

picklesdreamedit1.jpg.b80c6cbeba72658606cf77f664310fb6.jpg

The satellite pics of the shopping center show an image from around 2060 there are some older street-level images from when this was Auroah and not the Warrens. There is a stark contrast. The housing surrounding the center on the east and north sides is no more. Piles of wreckage and burned homes with only the decaying concrete driveways marking the locations. The center is remarkably intact. The privacy wall (Purple lines) lining the border between the center and housing is standing for the most part. SO areas have collapsed, and others have broken at various heights and fallen. The rough estimate is 60-70 % is standing but all it is needs some maintenance and resurfacing. The retaining walls still exist (Green lines) however the metal fence that sat atop them is mostly gone or mangled. Most of the chain-length fencing and gate (orange) have rusted away but the pole still stands.  The rolling gate to the rear area of the post office is long gone.  

There are a dozen or two abandoned vehicles with the parking lots spread about, most have been smashed in windows and or been on fire at some point.  Most of the service roads are in very poor condition having been neglected for decades.  Massive potholes, and vegetation growth.  The various parking lots are in better shape. The post office lots and the old kindergarten are in the best condition. The concrete sidewalks have shifted up and down in places, and curbing has broken down in places.    The shrubs and trees have overgrown and spread around,

The small strip mall is in the worst shape. The roof has collapsed in some of the front walls appear to have blown out.  

The walls Fargo Bank building is Intact. With some roof damage, the drive-through may be collapsed to the ground,  but it is hard to tell from the sat image. 

The Turkish Restaurant looks rough,  the building is intact but the roof has fallen in a few locations. Likely where mechanicals were located. 

Checkpoint Automotive seems intact, the roof is there rather faded. 

Picklemart does not look great in the Sat image. One of the gas pump awnings is just gone. The carwash has been on fire at some point and it is now a pile of debris.  The Mart building seems to be standing from above. 

Choice nails is a pile of debris.  The kindergarten seems intact and the playground equipment is still there,  kinda creepy… 

2) Pickle was born and raised in the old USA by his immigrant parents. Both of whom died some time ago.  He was married in 2030 to Yeldis Ozben, She died in 2062, of mesothelioma.  He has no record of any education past high school, no military service, and no criminal record.  No medical records are publicly available.  He had a permit for conceal and carry. He is a registered agent in a number of inactive businesses including Ozben Construction LLC, Not Constantinople Turkish Cuezine, Uncle Pickle's Gas and Wash, and the currently active Ozben Produce and Kosher Food LLC. Has a commercial driver's license, industrial drone operator license, conceal and carry license. Not unusual for some businessmen man run a convenience store.

3)The corpwoman.  She seems to be taking a number of precautions to be low-key,  The car she took to the meet is a rental.  A lengthy facial recognition search got a semi-confident match after several hours. She was in the background of an image taken during 2050 Olympic trials competition for cross-country skiing.  She may be a member or staff of the Russian national team. Further digging identified her as Kerishia Ankandy born in St. Petersburg.  No info is found about her education and or early life.  That name is a bit of a dead end but comparing background and physical features gets s 91% match to a Kira Kerensky- who has a corp SIN with Evo.

4) You are quickly overwhelmed by a vast number of gangs.  Some have been around for generations, some weeks to months. Absorptions, destructions, and dissolvings seem to be the rule with several exceptions.  It is somewhat hard to pin down which are Warren’s local gangs and many of the gangs of Denver operate in area both within and outside of the Warrens. Given the time of the meeting in a few hours.  The following i what you’ll have going into the lunch meeting/planning session: more work can get more details

Major Gangs of the Warrens:

Saints-Shenandoah

Royals-Heather Guardens , North

Demons- Most active i the Rez unknown home turf, act liek a go-gang

Aurora Air Corps - Denver Hills

Los Reyes Diablo - Sunrise

Blackhearts- South Sunrise

The SIlver Thorns- Tir Llewn

Horsemen - Orktown

Sons of Sauron- Orktown

The Laymen - Fox hollow

Sinners - Mission Hill

5)  There is not a lot of new coverage of the happening of Warren’s official media try and avoid mentioning the place exists or the crime happening unless it spills over into Denver proper.  There is an occasional press release promoting various outreach programs and goodwill gestures by various organizations to help the much-belaguered people of the Warrens. It will take some time to filter through it.  So far the Crime reports show an increase in the activity of the Demons gang since they came on the scene over a year ago. No indications on who makes up the demons, the leadership, where they are from, numbers, or any arrest of members.  Very strange.  (GM note applying BS’s glitch within this in a further findings post. )

While doing cross-referencing searches through media and new BS had this matrix blogfeed pop up.

[INTENSE MUSIC PLAYING]

Ladies and gentlemen, wake up! This is Alex Powers, bringing you the truth from the shadows of Denver,  where the metahuman conspiracy is reaching its darkest depths. Strap in, chummers, because tonight we expose the grand design to exterminate all metahumans, orchestrated by none other than Ghostwalker and his draconic cronies!

[DRAMATIC PAUSE]

Our first piece of evidence comes straight from the twisted labs of Zeta-ImpChem Corporation. I've got insiders feeding me information about their secret, off-the-books experiments. They're delving into the forbidden arts, researching how to weaponize the Krieger strain of the Human-Metahuman Vampiric Virus. Yes, you heard me right—Zeta-Imp Chem is working with the draconic overlords on turning HMHVV III into a weapon, a tool for the eradication of metahumanity!  Could this be related to the report of someone snatching up Ghouls from the Warrens? 

[CUE SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC]

But that's just the tip of the iceberg, folks. There's another plot, a plot so diabolical it will make your head spin. Word on the street is that these dragon-loving conspirators including a certain Free spirit run Corporation, hint hint, are using cloning, genetic manipulation, and sprit-directed ritual magic to create a breed of awakened supersoldiers. These abominations are intended to serve as hosts for spirits in a grand takeover orchestrated by the likes of Ghostwalker and his draconic brethren. Imagine an army of metahuman-hating spirit footsoldiers in superhuman bodies, unleashed upon the world with the backing of these shadowy puppet masters!

[OMINOUS MUSIC RISES]

But it doesn't stop there! Humanis and other anti-metahuman forces are playing their own sinister roles in this grand conspiracy. They're like the foot soldiers in this dark symphony, working hand in hand with the dragons and the free spirits, without realizing they are being directed, to see their twisted vision come to life. The propaganda, the hate crimes—it's all part of the plan to create chaos, to pave the way for the ultimate power grab!

Word has it some big players are supporting the mysterious arrival of the Demons.  Yes, the very same Demons that razed the Rez within the Warrens a few months ago. Until they showed up the gang war was at a simmer, relatively quiet.   That sort of peace doesn’t seem to be tolerable to someone.  Could they just want to watch the Warrens burn or is there a larger purpose? 

[HEART-POUNDING MUSIC]

Now, I've got my contacts in the shadows, and they've handed me some top-secret files exposing the web of deceit that stretches from the highest echelons of corporate power to the darkest corners of the astral plane. It's time to connect the dots, my friends. The conspiracy goes deep, and it's up to us to expose it before it's too late!

[EXPLOSIVE MUSIC]

Stay vigilant, Denver! Keep your eyes open, your minds sharp, and your weapons loaded. We won't let them succeed in their plan to wipe out metahumanity! This is Alex Powers, signing off from the shadows, but the fight is just beginning!

Time: 20:30

A medium-sized box truck pulls into the parking lots. The sides of the truck are wrapped with the Logo of Uncle Pickle's Produce complete with a cartoonish depiction of Uncle Pickle himself. The driver's door opens and Pickle climbs down and adjusts his worn suit jacket. He heads into the Restaurant seeking any of the runners he met at Fatih's or to secure the party room for their meeting.

Game Status: PreRun | Combat Map: N/A | Scene: Awaiting response from: N/A |

Initiative Order

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Condition Monitors

Physical Damage Stun Damage
  N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 5/5

Barbara

N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ironside

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/4 Edge Pool: 2/2

Puppet

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 3/3

Suit

N/A N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/2 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ven

N/A N/A
    N/A

Overflow:0/4 Edge Pool: 2/2

i5sIzrE.png

Dion's Pizza. One among hundreds of family-style pizzeria locations across the Denver area, and like so many others they claimed lofty quality, while still delivering the same Kril and Soy creations as everyone else to the majority. Once a destination to bring the family, sit down and enjoy a massive soy-pizza around a table; the 2nd Crash had hit the place just as hard as any other. People turned to delivery and take out for their own safety rather than in-restaurant dining, so most evenings saw few, or any, visitors who stayed. Their kids-dining area, with its "Chef Viewing Platform", little more than a series of stairs allowing kids to climb to the top and look down as the one or two skilled actually-pizza makers plied their trade if an order came in for the real-deal, sat empty as the runners had entered. The dining room bare, with barely any placemats or utensils set out. But today, a special day for the manager and owner perhaps, a young woman had phoned to book their "Private Dining Room"- little more than a small 14ft by 30ft banquet room with a simple wooden table and padded chairs. She had pre-ordered 3 real-ingredient pizzas with extra cheese- an explicit note for no soy, no kril- only the best. It had caused chaos hours ago when the reservation was made- the owner had come in, they had brought in their best 'authentic' pizza chef- who even when Puppet arrived ahead of time to ensure all was right before the team's arrival, was excitedly flipping the dough in the kitchen to prepare for their arrival.

The place had little claim to fame, other than perhaps being one of the pizza places who had extensively 'survived' the Crash. But they had been struggling- though the several hundred nuyen from Puppet's "party" would most certainly mean an easier state of mind for the owner when it came to checking the day's books. Puppet had arrived early to ensure everything was prepared- but also to meet the enthusiastic owner/manager. She knew places like these didn't get these sudden big-spending parties, so as expected upon her arrival she was met by the man, shook his hand and spent several minutes chatting to him through their mutually broken english. She left instructions that she wanted privacy, but would not hesitate to use the restaurant's AR system to summon someone if they required additional refreshments, their drink orders, or even additional pizzas. She would even pre-pay for their meal, but leaving gentle and subtle hints that tips for the evening would be based on her instructions being followed.

When the runners began to arrive, with their arrival seen by Puppet's viewing through her motorcycle's sensors, the kitchen received the all-clear to bring in the pizzas. When each arrived they would find pitchers of soft drinks, an hovering AR window for alcohol, and three absolutely massive pizzas set out along the single banquet table's length. Pizza cutters sat on standby with shakers of Parmesan cheese and more set about the platters. Towering stacks of napkins sat ready for the inordinate amount of grease that would no doubt be flowing in the moments and minutes that followed- and no sooner that it was all set, the staff made their departures with a thanks to the room- leaving the team alone within the side room, the smell of real pizza filling the room with intoxicating smells.

Commlink & PAN Status

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Licenses:
Authorization Required

Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥) now 3780

Frankie had adopted the style of one of the up and coming bands. And as she trudged through the throng of wage slaves in the dark, she could see it everywhere. She fervently wished the bands fifteen minutes of fame would turn out to be five so they'd fade into merciful obscurity. It was their hairstyle, a kind of bouffant style, hair piled up on top, layered curls, gelled seven ways from Sunday to stay vertical, couped with a short back and sides. The 'gello tower' as she'd jokingly referred to it, could shrug off a hurricane and she'd seen Frankie's one, bold as brass, over the shoulder of the troll that had been happily choking the life out of her in Kansas City, her feet not even touching the floor. That hairstyle and his swinging katana. Troll didn't drop, though he dropped her to take on the new threat. She'd gotten to her feet one window and seven floors below with the sound of swords still echoing in her ears. Frankie was good with a sword.. the troll was major league. He'd given up his 'out' to come back and pull the troll off her. She imagined with that one action he'd given up everything he was, everything he ever would be.

Levitate.. her get out of jail card.. her 'leave your friends behind' card.

And here she was, walking through a crowd of Frankies, hands warm in her gloves, not in her pockets. She couldn't imagine ever putting her hands in her pockets again. She had to have her hands out should someone 'Vader Lift' by her neck again.

And here she was now.. getting that same protective older brother vibe from Ironclad, who was so like Frankie in the way he walked, the way he talked.. and that attitude.

The Azzies ain't here. I'm not worth sneaking past a dragon to mess with., the thought more feeling than conscious introspection.

Do you know what Nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by... 'me'. , she murmured to herself, a much loved line from an ancient movie she loved. Though the line from the movie used the 'c' word.

Steeling herself for what was to come, she walked into the pizza place, took off her gloves, tugged on the silver chain around her neck, kissed the angel medallion Frankie had given her, which he said represented her. Then she took a moment..

image.psd(1).png.ae0f47735ed6124484403445ab2e0076.png.40f4faf1aefdd3bf8a20780239830012.png.eb965d2144aabfed248da8a558056a37.png.bbd89865c61634df3d1bb77cd42c0b6b.pngErik took the time before the meeting to send a text to Carl Gustav, the smuggler he had known for years, and who had helped him (and his gear) safely reach UCAS after the botched Fortius job that left him stranded in the same country. While using trodes and an AR glove to compose the message on his commlink, he couldn't shake off the melancholy that lingered since the failed run months ago.

Deciding to keep it brief yet casual, he typed out:

To Mr Nobody

"Hey man! I'm still alive and kicking. Got a job brewing in Denver - (yeah, the same city you coached me through months ago). I need your knowledge, and probably your help too. Me and a team need to infiltrate the Warren zone in the city without going through regular security. What do you know about it? Do you know someone reliable to navigate us to the zone and avoid any kind of attention? Let me know - I owe you a beer... actually, many beers.

Please kiss your mom from me - and for Odin sake - reach out ASAP
00-173-488-697

After sending the message, he spent the rest of the day riding around the UCAS sector, in a barren zone with few people or spirits. This place had served as a location for his magical experimentation under the tutelage of Tyr. He chose it because it provided the perfect hiding spot for one of his most prized possessions. He thoroughly checked the area, both physically and astrally, ensuring no one was observing. He walked into an alley, which seemed ordinary. After moving aside a trash bin, he uncovered a tarp over an hole in the asphalt, and beneath it was a case. Opening the case confirmed the presence of Trollbane, his great Dane axe made of orichalcum, pulsing with mana. Reunited with his weapon, he beat his chest proudly, excited to wield it again.

Ironside arrived minutes after Venn, carrying a large case at his side. He sported a different set of clothes—leather pants and a turtleneck with an intricate pendant held by a thick silver chain around his neck (which he hadn't worn during the last meeting), along with a leather armor jacket that had a biker flair to it.

71B9vF-4A L._AC_UY1000_.jpg

Upon entering the room, he saluted Puppet with the same courteous bow used during the last meeting. "Thank you for taking care of everything. This is an awesome meeting place. You have a great flair. The food is very inviting, and no prying eyes around. Good job."

Leaning on the wall near her, he shifted to a professional note. "I contacted the smuggler I talked about. Still awaiting an answer, but I know he's a busy man and can only be contacted through the Matrix if not in person, on a very secure channel... so it may take a while." Then, switching to a more casual tone and demeanor, he asked, "And you, other than the prep for the meeting, how's it going? Nervous? Excited? Determined? All of the above?"

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

i5sIzrE.png

Puppet had welcomed Pickle upon his arrival, happily speaking in Turkish to welcome him, but transitioning to English once the team began to arrive. Her behavior in Pickle's presence was softer, gentler, and more 'Social'- a fact not lost on the rest of the team. She appeared, in many sense of the word, 'well trained' in social graces and manner.... though why she was not always acting that way remained to be seen.

Welcoming Ironside with a matched bow Puppet motioned to the table and its pitchers and food. "Thank you. In my old team if I did not organize things- they would never get done. A habit in doing that perhaps my best-friend has 'rubbed off' on me, as they say." she let slip- a gentle laugh? The overly serious unflappable staring supposed-samurai had just laughed for the first time; and in such a casual gentle way. After two meetings featuring the overly-serious version of herself- it was, perhaps, a bit unnerving in it's softness and simplicity.

Leaning against the wall behind Puppet was the same long case that she had hinted at earlier as containing her sword- though why she felt the need to always bring it along or have it with her was a bit odd. Surely there was no threat a sword-fight was going to break out in a practically empty pizzeria. A duffel bag sat beside her chair, stuffed full but zipped tight, and next to which sat her motorcycle helmet. At the question, she paused ever so briefly in perhaps the most organic 'everyday' way possible and answered-

"I feel- Intrigued. Happy to be working. Working keeps the mind from wandering." she offers a genuine smile as she tapped the side of her head with a delicate-gesture of her hand.

"My home is very- big. And quiet. But quiet gives you time to think- and if you have no job or task to think about-" she seems to let the train of thought go with a sigh and a shake of her head. "-the Simsense recordings help. But thankfully today is not so bad." she offers another genuine smile, looking to Venn and her quiet arrival- seemingly wanting to communicate she had not been ignored- only her wish for privacy and silence maintained for that moment.

"New outfit?" she asked Ironside with a sly smile, eyes flicking across the biker-attire. "A good choice, I think for us all, to take if inside the Warrens." she affirms confidently, her eyes peering back to Ironside, as if inviting him to respond to his own question in addition to her own about his outfit.

Commlink & PAN Status

Licenses:
Authorization Required

Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    

Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

image_2024-01-18_175310672.png.2a97919d704f3ce8b6ccb8a32b9c192a.pngBarbara Silverstone

Character Info

PhyCon: 11/11 | StuCon: 10/10 | Dodge: 11 | Soak: 17* | Edge: 2/2 | Initiative: 11+1d6

More to be added

Tracking down the J's identity hadn't been the easiest thing ever pulled, but a few hours later Barb nods at 404 as the data is collected. "Well, well. At least we know who's paying for everything. I say we take a while to clear our heads and get going.", she adds, as the two split up, the dark of night beginning to descend over Denver.

Once back at her apartment, she shivers at the cold air, as the air-con kicks on. Soykaf steaming on the table, she takes a moment to sit down on the couch and scroll idly through the media, before an annoying jingle pops up. Moving to dismiss it, curiousity and amusement take over.

A few minutes later, the amusement is mostly gone, as she closes the AR screen and stares out the window where the night had just taken over from the day. The ludicrous segment had already wormed in her mind. Connecting the dots probably makes a fragging unicorn, but there might be something on the dots. Well, frag it. Swiping at the blog as she lies down on the couch, the idea of taking a break is unceremoniously booted as she starts scrolling the blogfeed upwards with a cynical eye. Here come the sponsorships from aftermarket cyberdong software...

Leaving the troll's tiny car, the night air cuts into Barbara's bones as she walks the couple blocks to the place. Fitting a pair of pink-lensed glasses on her face, she sees the lights of the Warrens dim down and the heat of the chimneys and car exhausts lighten up. The sign of 'Dion's Pizza' lights up her eyes. Giving a small, patronising smile at the place before moving in, she glances around to see the familiar vehicles already in place, and Pickle's van. Better safe than sorry. With a mental command, her eyes focus on the van as her persona pulls out a magnifying glass and observes it.

The meeting room was again a booked room, which raises an eyebrow, but the others seem to take it in stride. Not sure I'd have invited our restauranteur to a restaurant. Moving in, she greets everyone. "Evening. Glad to see we didn't lose anyone on the way. Mr. Pickle." Dressed in a pair of high-waist, monocoloured jeans and a black turtleneck, the only indications of cargo or 'gear' are a large leather over-the-shoulder bag and a pair of semi-translucent pink glasses on her face.

Scrutinising the pies, she moves in to take a slice. Just doesn't smell right., she notes to herself, before shrugging and carting it off onto a paper plate. "Just don't get too stuffed. Roads got more potholes than tarmac from my look.", she smiles. "Everyone got all their toys? Just remember to share." The two 'fighters' had moved to the side and started chatting biz. The feeling of starting a new dig, new investigation, new project, had kicked in again. And nothing else to do, or to worry about. Dig one thing, pay for the week. Move on. If it wasn't for the gun, the wrist clicking, or the disillusionment, it'd be like I'm back in the 40s.

"So, what's the play, boss?", she inquires Pickle, leaving the plate with her slice next to him, single tiny bite taken out of it. "We've done some eyeballing on the place, and the people, but there isn't much the Matrix is telling about there. You're our local guide for the time being."

Name
Matrix Perception at Pickle's Van, Agent Assist
success(8d6,5,above,no,no) 3,3,1,1,6,1,4,3
Matrix Perception at Pickle's Van, Barbara, looking for hidden devices.
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 3,5,1,6,3,3,2,4,2,3,5,3