Character Details Initiative currently 10+3d6

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human
B 4 A 4 R 2 S 2 W 5 L 5/7 I 4 C 2 ESS 5.2 EDG 2 M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 10 / 11
Armor: 12
Limits: Physical 4, Mental 8, Social 5
Physical Initiative: 6+1D6 (Max Spell 10+3d6)
Astral Initiative: 8+3D6

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)
Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 1 (5d), Creole 1 (5d), English N

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

13 dice to cast /Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated.

Detect Life (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Spatial Sense (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Mind Probe F

Heal F-4 *Permanent if sust F combat rnds

Increase Reflexes F

Improved Invisibility F-1

Vehicle Mask F-3

15 dice to cast/ Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated:

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
   Sustaining Focus: Health Spells (4)
Weapons:
   Ruger Super Warhawk [Heavy Pistol, Acc 5, DV 9P, AP -2, SS, 6 (cy)]
Contacts:
Kadence (Ghoul) (Connection 1, Loyalty 2)
Lys (Connection 1, Loyalty 1)
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥) now 3780

Venn, her nerves still strumming like they were made of superconductor, slowly takes in the surrounding, her magically enhanced reactions giving the world that 'whole life before your eyes' quality, before returning Puppet's polite nod with one of her own. She offered up to the world a ghost of a smile as Ironside walked right past her and up to Puppet. Apparently her notion that she 'needed a moment' were the words people were seeing while reading her like a book. Barb walked past too, offering up a greeting, which we returned with a smile.

Her buds were playing 'Rey's Theme' by John Williams in her ears. While The Last Jedi was definitely in her top 10,000 favorite movies, John Williams was still the Maestro, with John Barry being the Guv'nor. Barry was for sultry romance though, not high ideals. The theme reminded her that she was the hero in her own story, so more aspirational than reminder, now that she thought of it.

Here's hoping this wasn't going to be Rogue One, she thinks to herself ever cognizant of the fact that it was her second favorite Star Wars movie. Then.. that movie ends when everyone dies and I'm still alive and kicking, so fingers crossed. Taking a breath, this being her first fight since 'massacre and run for your life', she turns her attention to ticking tasks off her to do list.

The detect life went smooth. The summons, which was always tricky, went awry the first time, without debilitating her. The second attempt was smooth as. The one she'd not imagined would be any trouble, the spell that showed her the layout of the entire place, so she'd know, in combination with Detect Life, if anyone was lurking, their avenues of approach .. skewed off the tracks, leaving her with a mild headache, despite the intervention of her trauma damper.

Notes:

1. Stun 1 (gone in short order)

2. Detect Life is maintained by Focussed Concentration 5

3. Spirit of Man innate spell is improved Invisibility.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Name
Detect Life Extended F4
13d6 4,6,5,4,3,4,5,4,4,5,2,1,2
Try again with the correct code
success(13d6,5,above,no,no) 6,6,3,3,1,1,6,5,6,4,5,3,2
Drain 3
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 1,6,2,4,5,4,4,6,4,2,4,6
Summon Spirit of Man F5
success(13d6,5,above,no,no) 1,2,4,4,1,4,2,4,6,1,5,2,4
Spirit Resist
success(5d6,5,above,no,no) 3,6,5,2,1
Drain 4
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 6,2,2,6,2,1,6,1,4,5,4,5
Second Attempt F5
success(13d6,5,above,no,no) 5,3,2,1,1,5,1,6,2,2,4,6,3
Spirit Resist
success(5d6,5,above,no,no) 1,5,1,1,3
Drain 2
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 6,1,6,1,3,1,4,4,6,4,3,5
Cast Spatial Sense F4
success(13d6,5,above,no,no) 4,2,5,5,6,3,2,1,1,3,1,3,1
Drain 3
success(12d6,5,above,no,no) 1,5,4,2,3,1,2,4,3,1,2,2
Perception
success(8d6,5,above,no,no) 2,6,5,4,6,2,2,6
Recovering 1 stun
success(11d6,5,above,no,no) 5,5,4,1,3,6,1,5,6,4,5

Suitpic1.jpg.636706db58ac0afefb051dbaa438ffdd.jpg.9d85d2d92e49923e86b3ffb1603e2f4f.jpg

Stats and OOC

Ahmed "Suit" Islam

METATYPE: ELF

B 2, A 3, R 2, S 2, W 3, L 3, I 4, C 8, ESS 5.4, EDG 2

Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10

Current Armor: 12 (Armored Jacket)

Limits: Physical 3, Mental 5, Social 9

Physical Initiative: 6+1D6

Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 2, Bengalo N, English N, Zuni 2

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities: Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Penicilin, Bilingual, Common Sense, Day Job (2,500¥/month, 20 hrs/week), First Impression, SINner (National SIN): Ahmed Islam-UCAS, Too Pretty to Hit

Augmentations:
   Datajack
   Skin Toner

Vehicles:
   Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]
      Gear:
         Anti-Theft System (2)
         Gridlink
         Gridlink Override
         Morphing license plate
         Sensor Enhancement (2)
         Spoof chip

Currently Equipped/Carried Gear:
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
   Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2)
   Erika Elite (w/ P2.1, Ticker: Denver News)
   Faceless - Generic (Generic elf)
   Fake SIN: Mahmud khan (R4) - License: Bounty Hunter (4), Fake License: Conceal and carry (4), Fake License: Driver's (4), Fake License: Fire Arms (4), Fake License: PI (4), Fake SIN (4)
   Meta Link
   Subvocal Microphone
   Tag Eraser
   White Noise Generator (6)

Equipped/Carried Weapons:
   Defiance EX Shocker [Taser, Acc 4, DV 9S(e), AP -5, SS, 4 (m)] w/ (100x) Taser Dart

After the meeting, Suit had decided to take the scenic route home - that is to say, let GridLink take over and drive him around Denver while he texted Niko on a MetaLink. The ork had been the one who introduced him to shadow work  and while he couldn't really call him a mentor (or even a close friend, for that matter), he'd been reliable nonetheless.

Hey Niko, it's Suit. Could use some help when you got the time. Just got a job in the Warrens, need to get their w/o going through the usual routes. Think you can get me an entrance/exit route, preferably one to be used if drek hits the fan?

With that taken care of, it's a drive home to change out of the suit, and into something more fitting for the establishment. First, spending a few hours with his legal SIN, just leave a trail of gim being around before going back to 'bed', as well as answering more messages from friends and family. Before he knew it, it was time for the meet. Throwing on an armored jacket and scarfing down a Stuffer Shack burrito (this time it was Beef'n'cheez, supposedly with real chunks of cheese in it), the elf drives down to the meet once more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving several minutes later, Suit pulls up to the parking lot. The elf was wearing a synth-leather armored jacket, armored jeans, and some preem sneaks. He made sure he had his gear on him - taser, white noise generator, his Faceless (portraying him as a generic looking elf to any electronic video), subvocal mic and microtranceiver. Thankfully most of it was small, apart from the first two.

"Nice place," he says to Puppet ypon seeing how empty it was. Either she rented the whole place out, knew the owners, or picked a place that was always empty - best not to ask. Sitting down, he adds, "Still waiting for my contact to get back to me. What about you, Ironside?"

Matrix perception of Pickle's Van

Pickle's Van has an icon, along with a triggerable AR advertisement for his legit produce delivery business. It seems to be the standard array of side, front and rear cameras and what may be one within the cargo area. The icon and node doesn't look particularly secure more so than the typical delivery truck.

Ven's detections

Van spacial sense of the pizza place doesn't detect any voids or oddities, the drop ceiling, HVAC ductwork, and wet walls provide all the real voids and hidden space. No wall or floor safes.

Van remembers why sometimes detecting life in a restaurant you are about to eat at is a bad idea. The other runners and Pickle are accounted for. There are 10 other metahumans in the building which corresponds with the staff and a few customers. There are also a few rodents, and numerous insects.

OOC

Iss Ven looking for results of the detect life and spatial sense spell on the pizza joint? or this a cast now and sustain kind of thing.

Pickle enters carrying a satchel and a kraft of coffee. He greets Puppet in Turkish and then the group in English and finds a seat. He seems to steady himself and waits a moment for a break in the casual conversation to speak up. "Thank you all for meeting me here, and taking the job of course." As for the plan... well that depends on how it goes getting there as well as the situation on site. Assuming the site is relatively peaceful The first goal is to clear the Gas and Wash, then the Auto Service next door. Those buildings will be the main focus initially. I have the van loading up with materials and tools, to help with the physical security. I also brought some survival supplies to pass out to the displaced. Some packaged food, tents, blankets, and the like. . Ideally I can buy them out rather than having to give them the boot. Once those buildings are stable, a good perimeter check of the rest of the site should be done. The Bank, Stripmall, and kindergarten can be properly cleared at a later stage. The post office is the real prize. It is the most heavily built building on site and the most secure. But that too is a beast for another day."

Pickle takes a breath and sip from his coffee. "I got some contacts with a few of the more agreeable gangs. When we are ready to cross the check point I can put in a call to my guy in The Horsemen. They hold the closest checkpoint in. The biggest gang threat is the Demons. I don't know any of them, no one does...They are all about chaos, hard to make any reasonable arrangements with such a group. Saints, Horsemen, the Orks, and Royals can be reasonable when they aren't trying to kill one another."

Game Status: PreRun | Combat Map: N/A | Scene: Awaiting response from: N/A |

Initiative Order

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Condition Monitors

Physical Damage Stun Damage
  N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 5/5

Barbara

N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ironside

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/4 Edge Pool: 2/2

Puppet

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 3/3

Suit

N/A N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/2 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ven

N/A N/A
    N/A

In the meetings aftermath 404 dropped off those without transport before heading home, walking into the cyberclinic and seeing his aunt lighting up a hot one as he walked up the steps. He stopped and offered her a warm smile. "Hey, how did that client go?"

The red hot cherry burned like a neon light in the darkness, anyone able to see it miles away as they both stood on the front steps of the clinic. The woman brought it to her lips, inhaled, held it there for a moment, then released the smoke. The warmth and fire warming and calming her together. "Everything went fine besides needing to pawn some of his things for the rest of the payment. Where have you been?"

404 smiled and nodded as he sat on the railing, looking at her and then looking outward a smile crossing his face as he thought about the colleagues he had met. He had a good feeling about them, things werent perfect and they could definately get to know each other better, but it still felt good. "I got a job." he finally said, looking back at her with a warm smile.

"A job?" the question hanged there like a noose around his neck.

"Yeah a job. The kind I cant go into any detail about." he said sharply. "You know I worked the corporate scene. Theres no soul in that."

There was a long pause as she looked at her nephew and nodded slowly, taking another drag from her cigarette. "I know, your father's told me a hundred times. Your mom too. Just be careful. This work you do may have a soul but the lifespan's pretty fleeting."

This time he paused as he took that to heart. "I know."

"Do you?" she asked, looking at him again with daggers in her eyes.

He nodded again, looking at her with determination in his eyes. "I do. I know what might happen, I know I could die before Im 30...I could walk down these steps and catch a bullet. Same result. This work though it gives me something I didnt have working matrix security. I dont want to go back to that, not ever...and I promise Ill be careful."

No further words were shared as he hopped down off his perch and went upstairs to the luxurious apartment. Grabbing a hot shower, having a small meal of soy-steak and fries, and would spend the rest of his time on his info gathering. At least until their meeting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looked at his clock on the AR hud and he was late this time. It wasnt like him, not like him at all, but he had been so busy with the info he got that he had lost track of time. His bulldog pulled up into the parking lot and he got out, dressed no differently then before. He made sure to pack his gun, keeping it in the holster at his back and wearing his black synth-leather jacket over it.

He stood there for a moment looking over the place, surprised it still existed. You didnt see many pizza places around anymore. Especially not as nice as this. He entered, noting flashing lights as the scanners picked up his entry and ran his fake sin, simultaneously alerting the staff to his firearm. He approached putting on a warm smile as he spoke, his accent poking through. "Im here for the party, miss Takeda invited me." he said softly before being let inside. He made sure to close the doors behind him paying everyone with a welcoming smile before he looked at Puppet, sending her a message through her comm link. It came up as Error 404 as the title, his personal stamp. The message inside was short and sweet. "Did you sweep for bugs yet?" It was a simple question, one he really should have asked at their previous meet up but as now he had some more sensitive information he was being more careful, well that and the conversation he had with his aunt.

i5sIzrE.png

"Negative. Though I do not believe a place like this has motive to do so. The booking was a surprise on purpose." came Puppet's message response to 404, her eyes glancing to him with a shrug of her shoulders- clearly her comment wasn't a definitive response on the matter, taking no offense if he wished to use his obvious better-expertise to do so.

With an offered nod in response to Suit's comment, Puppet turned her attention to Pickle as he described the plan. The young woman's immediate thought was to ask, "Will we be spending the overnight on site? Or perhaps- how long do you estimate being on-site for? I do not know what plans you and- uhhh, forgive me, the woman who hired us did not tell us her name-?" she asked, clearly an entirely innocent way of discovering the name of the woman Pickle had been talking to.

"But- she did not tell us what the plan is for securing the site once the squatters are gone. If she would come with security or-?" she asked. For those disconnected and well-versed in the way of things, she was clearly fishing to have Pickle talk, to describe things in his own words- words that most normal people would be very loose and free with.

Commlink & PAN Status

MCT-3500 Commlink (DR 3, 0/0/3/3)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 10
Mode: Normal
SIN: [FakeSIN Rating 4] Horizon Group Corporate SIN HG-55N13-0T834

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Horizon Group Corporate SIN | HG-55N13-0T834

spacer.pngCORPORATE CITIZEN

SIN: HG-55N13-0T834
Name: Takeda, Naomi
Metatype: Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Date of Birth: 28/05/20XX
Birthplace: Los Angeles
Issuer: Horizon Group
Profession: Model Influencer
Licenses:
Authorization Required

Horizon ShadowLink Commlink (DR 6, 0/2/6/7 | Noise Reduction 6)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 9
Mode: Silent
SIN: Renraku Corporate SIN RCS-45O90-R662

Slaved Devices Matrix Stats: 0/2/6/7 Max Devices: 18
Cyberears Savalette Guardian Pistol Holo Bracelet
Cybereyes SCK Model 100 SMG  
Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    
  Executive Suite Clothing Suzuki Mirage Motorcycle

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Renraku Corporate SIN | RCS-45O90-R662

SIN: RCS-45O90-R662
Name: Okamura, Ryoko
Issuer: Renraku Computer Systems
Profession: Red Samurai Trainee
Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

Current Skillwire Slots: 8/12 (Turkish Lingusoft 4, Armourer 4)

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:

Venn's micro-transceiver came with a subvocal, so informing the others as to what her extra sensory perception was telling her, via her comm, was childsplay. "Nothing out of the ordinary to report except the roaches like the food here too.", she drawls, clearly at her ease. It seemed to her that Puppet was assuming something of a leadership role, not that she minded, but in her case keeping everyone in the loop seemed both prudent and efficient.

A layout appeared on comms and on image links, courtesy of the same support mage. "I have a spirit on call, if we get uninvited guests. As far as exits from the building are concerned, with the exception of the one we came in by, they are here and here." The exits and routes, such as they are, are crudely marked, doubtless a fingernail used as a stylus.

She idly wondered if the others would take this as showing off. That was not what she intended, it was more akin to her showing the others a menu of services and capabilities. If they didn't know she had this ability, they wouldn't know to ask for it. The joys of working with a new squad.

"If I can leave aside etiquette duties while I am engaged in this, I'd appreciate it.", she requests, in her low husky voice. "Oh and I'd also like one slice from each pizza, with the peppers removed, plus a glass of whatever alcohol is neatest with the lowest carb count. Gotta offset the pizza carb bomb somehow."

image.psd(1).png.ae0f47735ed6124484403445ab2e0076.png.40f4faf1aefdd3bf8a20780239830012.png.eb965d214-aabfed248da8a558056a37.png.bbd89865c61634df3d1bb77cd42c0b6b.png.9796dcadd2414ccb00eec3d3e73b9e19.pngIronside was about to respond to Puppet, but Suit arrived and saluted the Norseman. Erik answered "Hey brother. Yeah, I sent him a message, but as I was saying to Puppet, I'm still awaiting an answer..." His sentence was cut short as Barb made her entrance, showcasing her particular talent for making an impact with her arrival. Her comment elicited a chuckle from Ironside, and he gave her a gentle tap on the shoulder. Just as he was about to greet 404 with a wide smile, their employer, Pickle, arrived, interrupting the moment. He rolled his eyes for a moment, understanding that the time for socializing would come later. Politely, he greeted their boss and offered a firm handshake, saying, "Welcome, welcome! Happy to see you, boss. Can't wait to start this job."

Taking a seat, Ironside briefly glanced at Venn. She didn't seem to be in good shape, and something seemed off. He had noticed that she needed a moment to compose herself before entering, so he refrained from assensing her to gather more information, finding the practice very useful to get info but a little intrusive. He promised himself to check on her later, respecting her privacy. For now, he played the role of the helpful knight, taking pieces of the pies she requested and removing the unwanted toppings. Using a long combat knife, a modern take on a Viking seax almost the size of a shortsword, he carved the pies with meticulous care.

As Pickle delivered his speech, Ironside noted that the man had the right idea to bring supplies. Given the uncertainty of their accommodations, outdoor sleeping was a distinct possibility. Bringing rations was also a smart move. He made mental notes to procure supplies and submit the bill to Pickle later. Additionally, he took note of the operation details, focusing on the locations Pickle had designated for cleaning, starting with the post office. Using his AR glove, he documented his observations in Danish, forwarding the list to everyone else's image link or comm, and rating the targets by priorities.

As he was taking the notes and listening to the briefing, he couldn't stop thinking how good this team felt so far, and how good it was to work with professionals for a change. Even their boss, someone he kinda underestimated at first, seemed to be on top of his game. For now, the young man was content. The only grey cloud in his happiness was his new companion, Venn. The first time they met, at the dinner, he felt a connection with the French woman. Maybe he would be the right person to cheer her up...

He looked at Puppet for a moment and nodded slowly, taking a long look around the room with his cybereyes first before he took a seat, putting on a wide smile. He didnt have a bug scanner himself, something he had forgotten to get before the meeting but Puppets reasoning had some truth to it. Still he was the better safe then sorry operative. He sends another reply to her with a polite nod "Good point, shouldnt be an issue this time but lets make that standard operating procedures from now on." He wasnt going to mention his lack of tools for the task

He continues his observations looking at Venns tactical layout of the pizza parlor. He send her a message as well titled Error 404 Tactical analysis data not found. The message follows "Excellent break down thank you chere."

He offered a polite nod and wave to the others before he settled in, continuing to look at his deck and wondering if he should go check the truck out. It was like a big fat paydata file waving back and forth in front of his face. He sat there, hand on his chin eyes focused on his AR vision. God he wanted to hit that button, to slice in and see what was there, but this was a decision he couldnt make on his own. He didnt want any bad blood with an employer but he still questioned if it was best to let sleeping dogs lie.

As he sits he offers Uncle pickle another warm smile and nod, looking across the table as he pulls up the info on the man, reading through it quickly one more time. "Thank you for coming uncle Pickle. I would like to slow down and recap a bit. I want to go over our infiltration step by step. Then our assault plans on the buildings. Then our role as we wait for your business partner to secure the area. I also want to go over our extraction and finally how we go about our payment. Step by step, in that order, if you please."

As he sits he orders a slice of pizza of each kind and he found himself wanting a taste of that wine again but instead settled for water. For now at least. As he sits back in his chair and waits for Uncle pickle to do a detailed recap of his plan 404 sends one last message to his runner allies Titled Error 404 Compelted search could not be found. Inside were his complete matrix results, the state of the buildings, the suits employment with Evo, even the ranting and raving of the Alex Powers.

OOC: Reposted matrix results for everyone convienance. Also I swear I bought a bug scanner but I dont seem to have it on the sheet now, I know what my 1st purchase will be now

Show this

1) Pickle’s  dream

spacer.png

The satellite pics of the shopping center show an image from around 2060 there are some older street-level images from when this was Auroah and not the Warrens. There is a stark contrast. The housing surrounding the center on the east and north sides is no more. Piles of wreckage and burned homes with only the decaying concrete driveways marking the locations. The center is remarkably intact. The privacy wall (Purple lines) lining the border between the center and housing is standing for the most part. SO areas have collapsed, and others have broken at various heights and fallen. The rough estimate is 60-70 % is standing but all it is needs some maintenance and resurfacing. The retaining walls still exist (Green lines) however the metal fence that sat atop them is mostly gone or mangled. Most of the chain-length fencing and gate (orange) have rusted away but the pole still stands.  The rolling gate to the rear area of the post office is long gone.  

There are a dozen or two abandoned vehicles with the parking lots spread about, most have been smashed in windows and or been on fire at some point.  Most of the service roads are in very poor condition having been neglected for decades.  Massive potholes, and vegetation growth.  The various parking lots are in better shape. The post office lots and the old kindergarten are in the best condition. The concrete sidewalks have shifted up and down in places, and curbing has broken down in places.    The shrubs and trees have overgrown and spread around,

The small strip mall is in the worst shape. The roof has collapsed in some of the front walls appear to have blown out.  

The walls Fargo Bank building is Intact. With some roof damage, the drive-through may be collapsed to the ground,  but it is hard to tell from the sat image.

The Turkish Restaurant looks rough,  the building is intact but the roof has fallen in a few locations. Likely where mechanicals were located.

Checkpoint Automotive seems intact, the roof is there rather faded.

Picklemart does not look great in the Sat image. One of the gas pump awnings is just gone. The carwash has been on fire at some point and it is now a pile of debris.  The Mart building seems to be standing from above.

Choice nails is a pile of debris.  The kindergarten seems intact and the playground equipment is still there,  kinda creepy…

2) Pickle was born and raised in the old USA by his immigrant parents. Both of whom died some time ago.  He was married in 2030 to Yeldis Ozben, She died in 2062, of mesothelioma.  He has no record of any education past high school, no military service, and no criminal record.  No medical records are publicly available.  He had a permit for conceal and carry. He is a registered agent in a number of inactive businesses including Ozben Construction LLC, Not Constantinople Turkish Cuezine, Uncle Pickle's Gas and Wash, and the currently active Ozben Produce and Kosher Food LLC. Has a commercial driver's license, industrial drone operator license, conceal and carry license. Not unusual for some businessmen man run a convenience store.

3)The corpwoman.  She seems to be taking a number of precautions to be low-key,  The car she took to the meet is a rental.  A lengthy facial recognition search got a semi-confident match after several hours. She was in the background of an image taken during 2050 Olympic trials competition for cross-country skiing.  She may be a member or staff of the Russian national team. Further digging identified her as Kerishia Ankandy born in St. Petersburg.  No info is found about her education and or early life.  That name is a bit of a dead end but comparing background and physical features gets s 91% match to a Kira Kerensky- who has a corp SIN with Evo.

4) You are quickly overwhelmed by a vast number of gangs.  Some have been around for generations, some weeks to months. Absorptions, destructions, and dissolvings seem to be the rule with several exceptions.  It is somewhat hard to pin down which are Warren’s local gangs and many of the gangs of Denver operate in area both within and outside of the Warrens. Given the time of the meeting in a few hours.  The following i what you’ll have going into the lunch meeting/planning session: more work can get more details

Major Gangs of the Warrens:

Saints-Shenandoah

Royals-Heather Guardens , North

Demons- Most active i the Rez unknown home turf, act liek a go-gang

Aurora Air Corps - Denver Hills

Los Reyes Diablo - Sunrise

Blackhearts- South Sunrise

The SIlver Thorns- Tir Llewn

Horsemen - Orktown

Sons of Sauron- Orktown

The Laymen - Fox hollow

Sinners - Mission Hill

5)  There is not a lot of new coverage of the happening of Warren’s official media try and avoid mentioning the place exists or the crime happening unless it spills over into Denver proper.  There is an occasional press release promoting various outreach programs and goodwill gestures by various organizations to help the much-belaguered people of the Warrens. It will take some time to filter through it.  So far the Crime reports show an increase in the activity of the Demons gang since they came on the scene over a year ago. No indications on who makes up the demons, the leadership, where they are from, numbers, or any arrest of members.  Very strange.  (GM note applying BS’s glitch within this in a further findings post. )

While doing cross-referencing searches through media and new BS had this matrix blogfeed pop up.

[INTENSE MUSIC PLAYING]

Ladies and gentlemen, wake up! This is Alex Powers, bringing you the truth from the shadows of Denver,  where the metahuman conspiracy is reaching its darkest depths. Strap in, chummers, because tonight we expose the grand design to exterminate all metahumans, orchestrated by none other than Ghostwalker and his draconic cronies!

[DRAMATIC PAUSE]

Our first piece of evidence comes straight from the twisted labs of Zeta-ImpChem Corporation. I've got insiders feeding me information about their secret, off-the-books experiments. They're delving into the forbidden arts, researching how to weaponize the Krieger strain of the Human-Metahuman Vampiric Virus. Yes, you heard me right—Zeta-Imp Chem is working with the draconic overlords on turning HMHVV III into a weapon, a tool for the eradication of metahumanity!  Could this be related to the report of someone snatching up Ghouls from the Warrens?

[CUE SUSPENSEFUL MUSIC]

But that's just the tip of the iceberg, folks. There's another plot, a plot so diabolical it will make your head spin. Word on the street is that these dragon-loving conspirators including a certain Free spirit run Corporation, hint hint, are using cloning, genetic manipulation, and sprit-directed ritual magic to create a breed of awakened supersoldiers. These abominations are intended to serve as hosts for spirits in a grand takeover orchestrated by the likes of Ghostwalker and his draconic brethren. Imagine an army of metahuman-hating spirit footsoldiers in superhuman bodies, unleashed upon the world with the backing of these shadowy puppet masters!

[OMINOUS MUSIC RISES]

But it doesn't stop there! Humanis and other anti-metahuman forces are playing their own sinister roles in this grand conspiracy. They're like the foot soldiers in this dark symphony, working hand in hand with the dragons and the free spirits, without realizing they are being directed, to see their twisted vision come to life. The propaganda, the hate crimes—it's all part of the plan to create chaos, to pave the way for the ultimate power grab!

Word has it some big players are supporting the mysterious arrival of the Demons.  Yes, the very same Demons that razed the Rez within the Warrens a few months ago. Until they showed up the gang war was at a simmer, relatively quiet.   That sort of peace doesn’t seem to be tolerable to someone.  Could they just want to watch the Warrens burn or is there a larger purpose?

[HEART-POUNDING MUSIC]

Now, I've got my contacts in the shadows, and they've handed me some top-secret files exposing the web of deceit that stretches from the highest echelons of corporate power to the darkest corners of the astral plane. It's time to connect the dots, my friends. The conspiracy goes deep, and it's up to us to expose it before it's too late!

[EXPLOSIVE MUSIC]

Stay vigilant, Denver! Keep your eyes open, your minds sharp, and your weapons loaded. We won't let them succeed in their plan to wipe out metahumanity! This is Alex Powers, signing off from the shadows, but the fight is just beginning!

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:

Watching Ironside remove peppers with a combat axe made Venn smile, reminding her of a comrade in arms who used to pretend he was shaving with a wakizashi every time she walked by him. So, the smile was two parts new found camaraderie.. one part 'still bleeding' reminiscence. Her fingers had seemingly moved of their own accord along her necklace to the tiny 'katsumori - success and victory' omamori amulet he'd given her. Daisho, he'd wanted to be called Daisho, despite being from Minnesota and looking more Amish than anything else, had been a real sweetheart.

404's sudden sigil, like two sailing ships and a Japanese sun it seemed to her, and the accompanying message made her raise her chin and, losing the diviner's thousand yard stare..she jokingly referred to it as 'Leia hearing Luke look for his hand', glances over in 404's direction, then nods respectfully.

While she listens attentively to the ongoing conversation, in as much as her magical vigilance allows her to, she breezes over what Pickle is saying.. supplies, some connections, enigmatic demons. In truth, she didn't want to know him too well. He was the cargo, the others were fellow travellers. In then end Pickle wouldn't get a memento, a keepsake, from her.. the others would. This thought made her smile in a self deprecatory fashion... psychologically unsuited to being a shadowrunner.

image_2024-01-18_175310672.png.2a97919d704f3ce8b6ccb8a32b9c192a.pngBarbara Silverstone

Character Info

PhyCon: 11/11 | StuCon: 10/10 | Dodge: 11 | Soak: 17* | Edge: 2/2 | Initiative: 11+1d6

Character Sheet

Greeting the mohawked, leather-clad man with a smile, Barbara replies. "Nice jacket, big guy. Surprisingly few bullet holes." As she sets the pizza aside, gladly receiving a piece from the large knife with an impervious smile, she hears Venn's report and frowns, setting the slice aside. I've heard of locust pepperoni, but that's a line too far.

At the breakdown beginning, Barbara's thin eyebrow arches up at the mention of tools, materials and multiple days. She leans on the wall near the window with a bottle of Soyweiser in her hand. "I was under the impression that we'll sweep the two buildings, and snoop the other ones for any unfriendly locals. I hope it's just some razor wire and window temp panes, and 'getting the buildings stable' doesn't mean we're responsible for them passing Denver building regulations?", she asks innocently for a moment, before squinting a moment later to indicate the distaste of the notion of a multi-day trip there. "We may be a few permits and a few nuyen short for that."

OOC

I

Pickle interrupts "I am very sorry I may have poorly communicated. This job this contact is just a one-run deal. Recon the site get the two buildings empty and secure enough to come back later and have a roof and some storage to work from. Anything further would depend, not only, on how you all do but also on what there is to work with on-site. This isn't an ongoing operation, or long-term plan, at least not yet. I have my intentions and desires but if the site isn't secure and salvageable then I won't have the ahh.. "logistical" support to do much of anything. As for being there overnight, I guess that depends on when you all want to begin. I am available whenever you like but we can begin whenever in the next day or so. There is no pressing rush, at least that I am aware of. "

Answering Puppet, "I call her Ms J. I don't have a real name for her, I honestly don't care. Fatih said she is legit and her credsticks spend so that's good enough for me. As for how to secure the site long term, assuming there is a reason for the investment, my first thought would be some of the gangs or locals. If this run turns into more and the site is going to have real importments then certainly on-site um uh contractors, maybe some less expensive talent than you guys. In an ideal world, I'd be able to bring in some equipment to really work on the walls, tap into the infrastructure for some water, sewer, and power. That Post office has all kinds of potential. But one thing at a time I don't want to get too far ahead of things. "

Game Status: PreRun | Combat Map: N/A | Scene: Awaiting response from: N/A |

Initiative Order

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Condition Monitors

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 5/5

Barbara

N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ironside

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Puppet

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 3/3

Suit

N/A N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/2 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ven

N/A N/A
    N/A

i5sIzrE.png

Puppet nodded along with Pickle's breakdown, thankful that they weren't in this for an extensive operation. "Tomorrow morning, perhaps? Beneath the sun, what the weather allows, we should have less trouble." she half-asks, half-comments, her gaze sweeping the table as she, even knowledge of the 'smaller life' in the building, continues to eat her pizza with the same delicate 'flair' as before.

Commlink & PAN Status

MCT-3500 Commlink (DR 3, 0/0/3/3)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 10
Mode: Normal
SIN: [FakeSIN Rating 4] Horizon Group Corporate SIN HG-55N13-0T834

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Horizon Group Corporate SIN | HG-55N13-0T834

SIN: HG-55N13-0T834
Name: Takeda, Naomi
Issuer: Horizon Group
Profession: Model Influencer
Licenses:
Authorization Required

Horizon ShadowLink Commlink (DR 6, 0/2/6/7 | Noise Reduction 6)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 9
Mode: Silent
SIN: Renraku Corporate SIN RCS-45O90-R662

Slaved Devices Matrix Stats: 0/2/6/7 Max Devices: 18
Cyberears Savalette Guardian Pistol Holo Bracelet
Cybereyes SCK Model 100 SMG  
Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    
  Executive Suite Clothing Suzuki Mirage Motorcycle

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Renraku Corporate SIN | RCS-45O90-R662

SIN: RCS-45O90-R662
Name: Okamura, Ryoko
Issuer: Renraku Computer Systems
Profession: Red Samurai Trainee
Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

Current Skillwire Slots: 8/12 (Turkish Lingusoft 4, Armourer 4)

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:

Venn couldn't tell whether she was relieved or disappointed that it was going to be an in and out. She lived next to the Warrens, on the 8th floor of a dilapidated shithole with no working elevator, looking over the wall at the hellhole that was the Warrens. She didn't live there because it was cheap, well that wasn't the only reason.

She recalled a story about victorious Roman generals returning to Rome in triumph, having someone walk behind them whispering 'Memento Mori' or 'Remember you will die'. While this was not something she ever needed to be reminded of, since she wore a good sized cemetery around her neck, there were things you needed to be reminded of constantly. For her the existence of a 'crime against humanity'.. an open wound; the bullet riddled concrete, the corpses left to rot on the street, the gunfire and screams of anguish, served to motivate her with the thought that she could, should, do something about it when the other part of her was screaming at her to withdraw into PTSD and cheap liquor.

Shadowrunning as therapy.

She returns from her momentary reverie to nod in Puppet's direction as she makes the arrangements.

image.psd(1).png.ae0f47735ed6124484403445ab2e0076.png.40f4faf1aefdd3bf8a20780239830012.png.eb965d214-aabfed248da8a558056a37.png.bbd89865c61634df3d1bb77cd42c0b6b.png.9796dcadd2414ccb00eec3d3e73b9e19.png

Ironside chuckled between bites at the remarks about his clothes not being too riddled with bullet holes. "Darling, I hope that I won't get any new ones during this mission. Surprisingly, while I'm a bit of what you call an adrenaline junkie, I'm not very fond of pain and bleeding, nor do I have a particular love for patching wounds, be they mine or others," he said with a charming, playful voice. However, his eyes conveyed sincerity. Despite his capacity for dispensing violence, it was not his preferred approach to problem-solving. His spirit mentor, Tyr, the Norse god of war, focused more on the formalities of war, treaties, and justice. Tyr was a god of cunning, wisdom, and virtue, and Ironside believed there was no virtue in killing every opposition in one's way or placing oneself in danger for foolish reasons.

He polished off two pieces of pizza in record time, and as soon as he finished, he used the AR system to order a beer for himself. Then, he utilized customization options to craft a drink for Venn: two ounces of synth St. Germain on ice, topped with champagne and soda water. A garnish of cucumber and lemon slices completed the famous St. Germain Spritz, a recipe that had withstood the passage of time. Ironside hoped that the French woman would appreciate a drink born in her own country.

When Puppet suggested starting the next day, Ironside interjected while looking toward Suit for his support in his statement, "Puppet-san, let's first wait for our contacts in the smuggling department. It would be wise to know the best discrete and secure way to get to our objectives first.''

Suitpic1.jpg.636706db58ac0afefb051dbaa438ffdd.jpg.9d85d2d92e49923e86b3ffb1603e2f4f.jpg

Stats and OOC

Ahmed "Suit" Islam

METATYPE: ELF

B 2, A 3, R 2, S 2, W 3, L 3, I 4, C 8, ESS 5.4, EDG 2

Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10

Current Armor: 12 (Armored Jacket)

Limits: Physical 3, Mental 5, Social 9

Physical Initiative: 6+1D6

Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 2, Bengalo N, English N, Zuni 2

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities: Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Penicilin, Bilingual, Common Sense, Day Job (2,500¥/month, 20 hrs/week), First Impression, SINner (National SIN): Ahmed Islam-UCAS, Too Pretty to Hit

Augmentations:
   Datajack
   Skin Toner

Vehicles:
   Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]
      Gear:
         Anti-Theft System (2)
         Gridlink
         Gridlink Override
         Morphing license plate
         Sensor Enhancement (2)
         Spoof chip

Currently Equipped/Carried Gear:
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
   Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2)
   Erika Elite (w/ P2.1, Ticker: Denver News)
   Faceless - Generic (Generic elf)
   Fake SIN: Mahmud khan (R4) - License: Bounty Hunter (4), Fake License: Conceal and carry (4), Fake License: Driver's (4), Fake License: Fire Arms (4), Fake License: PI (4), Fake SIN (4)
   Meta Link
   Subvocal Microphone
   Tag Eraser
   White Noise Generator (6)

Equipped/Carried Weapons:
   Defiance EX Shocker [Taser, Acc 4, DV 9S(e), AP -5, SS, 4 (m)] w/ (100x) Taser Dart

"I agree," Suit says, having totally been paying attention the whole time. Scarfing down a slice of 'za here and there - hey, when you lived on twenty-five hundred a month - with rent taking up two grand - you took what free food you could get. "Smart thing to do would be to get what info we can and plan out the route ahead of time." Such a thing was sensible, prudent. It would also give Ahmed the best chance of not catching drek at work for taking multiple sick days. He was most likely going to be in a lot of drek already, and he was scheduled to work the dinner rush tomorrow.

Still, wouldn't be the end of the world if the run went down tomorrow. He'd just have to do the run, not get killed, not get caught, not get wounded badly enough to need medical attention, not get seen by anyone he might know, and do it all quickly enough to get home, change, and clock in on enough. Easy!

The face crafts a drink that was served at his place of work, nicknamed the 'Stunball' by the other waitstaff. 1 part Fireball, 1 part Kraken, 1 part vodka, 3 parts fresh-squeezed orange juice - well, 'orange-flavoured beverage', this wasn't the kind of place that got fresh produce - stirred over ice and strained. At this point, he really needed the alcohol to calm his nerves.

Edited by zazamz12 (see edit history)