Session 1 Book 1 Chapter 1

Shadowstarr

image_2024-01-18_175310672.png.2a97919d704f3ce8b6ccb8a32b9c192a.pngBarbara Silverstone

Character Info

PhyCon: 11/11 | StuCon: 10/10 | Dodge: 11 | Soak: 17* | Edge: 2/2 | Initiative: 11+1d6

Character Sheet

"That's old news, hon, pun somewhat intended.", she smiles in return. "Gear's better off with those using it. Besides, it's going to ruin my hair.", she jests, before reaching towards the chipped chrome respirator to unclasp it as well. "Take this too - I'm due new lungs in a decade or so anyway."

Her attention disappears for a moment as she focuses on an AR pane. A moment later, a small metallic drone, the size of a tennis ball, crawls out of her belt pouch and begins hovering in the air, lights blinking and rotors whirring. "I'm on weather today. I scan anything worse than Brooklyn air, I'll give you a heads up."

OOC

image.png.04c8b9e407808dc8f786a6a81768c4a1.png.f5268f20932016d5ea4207851dd75549.png

Ironside listened intently to Venn's response, his gaze shifting from her to the surroundings as she spoke, observing the vehicles nearby with a subtle curiosity. Her words painted a vivid picture of her past and the experiences that shaped her, adding depth to the enigmatic aura she exuded.

As Venn described her background, Ironside's expression remained thoughtful, absorbing the nuances of her story. Her description of herself as part of a tight-knit community, bound by a shared sense of solidarity and resilience, resonated with him on some level. He too had experienced similar bonds forged in the crucible of conflicts when he was a member of the Wolverine, the ruthless private security corp of Ares Europe.

He nodded in understanding as she spoke of her determination not to let history repeat itself, her words laced with a blend of resolve and a hint of wry humor. Ironside admired her resilience, recognizing the strength it took to confront the ghosts of the past while preparing for the challenges ahead.

"Sounds like you've got a lot of fight in you," Ironside remarked, a faint smile playing at the corners of his lips. "And it is clear it has shaped you. But for better or worse, it only depends on your own choices." Erik gave her a gentle squeeze on the arm, his compassionate smile offering reassurance.

"In this line of work, having that game face on can make all the difference," he added, his tone sincere. "Stay strong and stoic, and accept what life throws at you as a test of your mettle, even when the worst drek shows happen. You are a warrior Venn. Maybe not the martial type, but definitely a real one. I saw it in your eyes the first time we met at the dinner, glaring back at me like a Valkyrie - and eyes never lie. You survived, and you have all the tools to thrive and shine even in the shadows." He gave her another squeeze on the arm, more firm and full of conviction. "And if you ever forget yourself, hit the commlink and I'll help you remember, whether it's during this mission or whatever comes after."

He looked at Venn with intensity in his eyes, reminiscent of the gaze he gave her when they first met at the dinner with the same dangerous smile, and said to her with a heavier, more powerful tone, "So Venn, ma chère? Are you a warrior, or are you food?''

Suitpic1.jpg.636706db58ac0afefb051dbaa438ffdd.jpg.9d85d2d92e49923e86b3ffb1603e2f4f.jpg

Stats and OOC

Ahmed "Suit" Islam

METATYPE: ELF

B 2, A 3, R 2, S 2, W 3, L 3, I 4, C 8, ESS 5.4, EDG 2

Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10

Current Armor: 12 (Armored Jacket)

Limits: Physical 3, Mental 5, Social 9

Physical Initiative: 6+1D6

Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 2, Bengali N, English N, Zuni 2

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities: Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Penicilin; Bilingual; Common Sense; Day Job (2,500¥/month, 20 hrs/week); First Impression: SINner (National SIN): Ahmed Islam-UCAS; Too Pretty to Hit

Augmentations:

- Datajack

- Skin Toner

Vehicles: Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]; Gear: Anti-Theft System (2), Gridlink, Gridlink Override, Morphing License Plate, Sensor Enhancement (2), Spoof Chip

Currently Equipped/Carried Gear:

-  Bug Scanner (6)

- Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink

- Earbuds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2), Sound Link

- Erika Elite (w/ P2.1, Ticker: Denver News)

- Faceless, Generic (Generic Elf) (R5)

- Fake SIN: Mahmud khan (R4): License: Bounty Hunter (4), Fake License: Concealed Carry (4), Fake License: Driver's License (4), Fake License: Firearms (4), Fake License: PI (4)

- Meta Link

- Subvocal Microphone

- Tag Eraser

- White Noise Generator (6)

- Trauma Patch

- Medkit (3)

Equipped/Carried Weapons:

- Ares Light Fire 75 [Light Pistol, Acc 8, DV 6P, AP -4, SA, 16 (c)], Ares Light Fire Silencer, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System (Internal); Ammo: Regular x100

Phew. Could've gone a whole lot worse, Suit thinks as he sits down. A lot worse - but hey, no point dwelling on the past, not when they were underway. The face just sits back down, letting out a deep breath - this was probably the first time he'd ever had to defuse a situation as tense as that. A part of him figures it won't be the worst - and it's looking forward to that.

"Silver Thorns?" Suit asks Silverstone. "What's the story with that? You get into some kinda drek with 'em?"

Edited by zazamz12
Same as before, put in wrong rating for medi-kit (see edit history)

i5sIzrE.png

Taking the extended helmet and respirator Puppet offers a thankful bow to Barb, setting about looking over the helmet with a professional's methodology. She could see the long years of use- and abuse. The straps that had never been adjusted, the damage, scratches- her small fingers had already begun to make a few minor adjustments to the straps to better fit her own head, but spares a moment to look back to Barb.

"If you wish, I have a shop to make repairs to combat equipment. I could repair this for you after we are done here?" she offered, clearly in thanks for the lending of the helmet.

As the drone whirls up into view Puppet gives a genuine smile, which looks perhaps a little odd on the perpetually-neutral faces young woman. "Kawaii! It have a name?" she asks with a soft giggle, the smile fading just slightly yet still partially remaining. "I have been considering a few drone companions. I uhh- 'Window Shop' a lot. I am very jealous of people who have.... 'connection' with vehicles. It sounds so exciting." she confesses, most likely referencing the phenomena of 'rigging' vehicles.

Whether it was a slightly-awkward means of making conversation, or perhaps Puppet didn't fully understand Barb's reference about her lungs, Puppet gives a camaraderie-leaning nod, "I have thought of replacing my lungs too. But it may need to wait. I am- too slow. Too weak. When I was- younger...." she began, and with her previous reference of 'spending years' in a Bunraku Parlor is was likely her brief pause and awkward tone meant she was speaking of such a time.

"-my bones were broken so many times that my- owners, had my bones remade with a special metal." she let out a soft sigh, lifting her hand and flexing it- her eyes staring as if to look beneath her skin to the confessed metal beneath. "My bones no longer break. But it made me slow. And heavy." she lowered her hand once again, escaping her retrospection for the moment.

"Perhaps when I am stronger- I think a cute friend like yours would be fun to have." Puppet nodded to Barb, just that smallest hint of a smile still remaining.

Commlink & PAN Status

MCT-3500 Commlink (DR 3, 0/0/3/3)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 10
Mode: Silent
SIN: [FakeSIN Rating 4] Horizon Group Corporate SIN HG-55N13-0T834

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Horizon Group Corporate SIN | HG-55N13-0T834

spacer.pngCORPORATE CITIZEN

SIN: HG-55N13-0T834
Name: Takeda, Naomi
Metatype: Homo Sapiens Sapiens
Date of Birth: 28/05/20XX
Birthplace: Los Angeles
Issuer: Horizon Group
Profession: Model Influencer
Licenses:
Authorization Required

Horizon ShadowLink Commlink (DR 6, 0/2/6/7 | Noise Reduction 6)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 9
SIN: Renraku Corporate SIN RCS-45O90-R662

Slaved Devices Matrix Stats: 0/2/6/7 Max Devices: 18
Cyberears Savalette Guardian Pistol Holo Bracelet
Cybereyes SCK Model 100 SMG  
Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    
  Executive Suite Clothing Suzuki Mirage Motorcycle

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Renraku Corporate SIN | RCS-45O90-R662

SIN: RCS-45O90-R662
Name: Okamura, Ryoko
Issuer: Renraku Computer Systems
Profession: Red Samurai Trainee
Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

Current Skillwire Slots: 12/12 (Turkish Lingusoft 4, Armourer 4, Navigation 4)

Puppet has brought the following....

Armor: Bike Racing Armor, Custom Ballistic Mask
Weapons: Katana ("Renraku ACS HFV-Blade"), Savalette Guardian, SCK Model 100
Ammo: Gel and Regular rounds for her Pistol and SMG loaded in various clips.
Gear: Commlink, Hard-Shell Case, Holo Bracelet, 20 Stealth-Tag Business Cards, 1 Savior Medkit Injector, 1L Canteen filled with water
Supplies: A duffel bag preloaded with 20 days of Ration Bars, 20 1L bottles of water

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Character Details Initiative currently 10+3d6

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human
B 4 A 4 R 2 S 2 W 5 L 5/7 I 4 C 2 ESS 5.2 EDG 2 M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 10 / 11
Armor: 12
Limits: Physical 4, Mental 8, Social 5
Physical Initiative: 6+1D6 (Max Spell 10+3d6)
Astral Initiative: 8+3D6

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)
Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 1 (5d), Creole 1 (5d), English N

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

13 dice to cast /Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated.

Detect Life (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Spatial Sense (Extended FxMagicx10) F-1

Mind Probe F

Heal F-4 *Permanent if sust F combat rnds

Increase Reflexes F

Improved Invisibility F-1

Vehicle Mask F-3

15 dice to cast/ Resist with 12 dice, but 1 stun negated:

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
   Sustaining Focus: Health Spells (4)
Weapons:
   Ruger Super Warhawk [Heavy Pistol, Acc 5, DV 9P, AP -2, SS, 6 (cy)]
Contacts:
Kadence (Ghoul) (Connection 1, Loyalty 2)
Lys (Connection 1, Loyalty 1)
Starting ¥: 1,700 + 2180 (3880¥) now 3780

Venn laughs out loud.. "I'm just passing through.", she replies, eyes twinkling. "Thor Ragnarok, fun movie."

Active

Increased Reflexes (maintained with a sustaining focus)

Detect Life 4 successes (maintained with focussed concentration 5)

Spirit of Man F5 (with spell influence) 4 services

image.png.04c8b9e407808dc8f786a6a81768c4a1.png.f5268f20932016d5ea4207851dd75549.png

He tried to maintain an intense and serious expression for a moment, but couldn't hold back his laughter for long. Of course, he didn't understand the reference - he had never seen any pre-2050 movies, let alone an American one. But the quote, coupled with her own laughter, was enough to break the mood.

"Omae, I haven't laughed like this in a long while!" he exclaimed. "What the hell is even this trid about? Is it some interpretation of the legend of Thor? Sounds tacky as fuck." He chuckled, giving her a good slap on the shoulder and rubbed his face that was all flushed.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

Barb had helped lull puppet out of her slump and it worked on Collin as well. He nodded slowly paying Puppet a look beneath his hood and whispering "Its our first run, were allowed some mistakes. We just need to learn from them." he says in a reassuring tone with a firm nod.

404 looks at Puppet, more then a little surprised as she mentions being weak when she was young. It was the same for him, never a very strong kid, but not sickly either. He still remembered the first time he got off the slab of metal when the cyberdoc finished his muscle replacements. He felt like a new person, a better person and he had never looked back after that. He reaches up and taps a finger firmly against his chest though for him he felt it pressing against the dermal armor plating under his skin as he spoke. "I've got an Internal air tank myself. I know a good cyberdoc who might be able to help if youre serious about any "typical" modifications. She runs a clean place, knows her mods, and she likes cigarettes."

OOC

I'll add in a few more gang profiles as you guys learn more. Likely start a section for it. I don't want to go crazy with it unless you guys are going to stay with the Pickle Warrens arc.

As the Van proceeds on Pickle also his GPS based map. It shows the position of the van along with the route. He pings a location a few blocks ahead zooming the map in on what appears as a pedestrian bridge that crosses over the entire biway several meters above. "Keep a watch on this, I've seen locals sometimes try and drop stuff on traffic in an attempt to get something stopped," Pickle says. "I'm sharing some profiles I've put together on some of the gangs we are more likely to encounter in the warzone. "

A series of intelligence reports put together from his experiences as well as some rumor and innuendo.

The Saints

saintslogo1.jpg.f10fdbaa83c3a8720d6a273b8f5f0f13.jpgFocus:

The Saints gang is a formidable criminal organization operating within Denver's Aurora Warrens, with a primary focus on the sale of various goods. Renowned for their ability to procure almost anything for the right price, the gang has established a dominant presence in the Edge sector.

The Saints maintain an air of mystery surrounding their alleged alliance with the Ironsiders, contributing to their reputation as effective and discreet suppliers. In addition to their involvement in the black market, the gang exerts control over 90% of the gambling activities in the Edge, making them a significant force in both legal and illegal economic ventures. Moreover, they provide protection services to local businesses, ensuring their influence pervades various sectors within their territory.

Leadership:

• Gabriel: The charismatic and intelligent leader of the Saints, Gabriel, founded the gang in the aftermath of the rise of the Edge. With a rumored history as a shadowrunner, Gabriel brings a unique skill set to his leadership. Despite his cyber enhancements, which are not immediately apparent, he is a deadly combatant. His network of connections is extensive, solidifying his influence in both criminal and shadowrunning circles.
  • Switcher: A dwarf and a key player in the gang's operations, Switcher handles the procurement of goods for the Saints. While not necessarily the toughest member, Switcher compensates with intelligence and connections. His responsibilities extend to managing the gang's gambling enterprises, making him a pivotal figure in the gang's economic ventures.

Data:

• Headcount: The Saints boast a significant force of 150-300 members, supplemented by the ability to mobilize a substantial number of individuals within their territory to defend against external threats.
  • Turf: Claiming the western half of Edward Street and a substantial portion of Crestridge Street, the Saints operate primarily out of the Angel's Delight Pool Hall. This location serves as a hub for their gambling activities and is effectively controlled by the Angels gang.
  • Membership: While most gang members are not heavily cybered, they possess a dozen highly skilled razors capable of posing a significant threat. The remaining members, encompassing a diverse range of metahumans, are characterized by their cool demeanor under fire and proficiency with weapons. The gang typically travels in groups of 10-30 members.
  • Uniforms/Colors: Identifiable by their distinctive colors, gold, and silver, the Saints display their symbol - an "A" with a halo, sometimes adorned with wings - on their jackets. This uniformity serves as a visual representation of their collective identity and loyalty to the gang.

Gang Relations:

• Demons: State of War,
  • Horsemen: Not aligned but good terms,
  • Ironsiders: Aligned, but not publicly on either side.
  • Royals: Respected rivals.

In summary, the Saints are a well-organized and influential gang in the Edge sector within the Warrens, excelling in the procurement and distribution of goods, controlling gambling operations, and providing protection services to businesses within their territory. The leadership's intelligence, connections, and combat capabilities make them a formidable force in the criminal underworld.

Horsemen

LEADERSHIP:horsemenlogo1.jpg.fd39f3c0d19104a1388e06e02226e416.jpg

Metal Dave: Metal Dave, the troll leader of the Horsemen, stands out in the gang due to his use of brain boosters that elevate his communication skills beyond the norm for trolls. Generally pleasant, Metal Dave's demeanor changes drastically when his people or territory are threatened, unleashing the full force of his eleven-foot-tall troll nature. Under his leadership, the Horsemen have adopted a somewhat benevolent approach, engaging in activities that benefit the neighborhood and metahuman community. The moniker "Metal Dave" originates from the reinforced metal helmet he wears, resembling a cyberskull split open and affixed to a combat helmet.

COLORS/SYMBOLS:

Dirt Brown: The Horsemen are easily identifiable by their dirt brown colors. Their tag is a representation of a bike with a horse head (a roughly drawn symbol) or a horseshoe in a spoked wheel when they are in a hurry.

TURF:

OrkTown, South of Arapahoe around the Saddle Rock Golf Club: Operating out of the Saddle Rock Golf Club in OrkTown, the Horsemen distinguish themselves as a relatively upscale gang within the OrkTown community. Blending aspects of go-gang culture with standard turf-holding practices, they utilize motorcycles and modified golf carts for patrols. The gang goes beyond typical criminal activities by actively contributing to their neighborhood, engaging in projects such as shelter repairs, supply deliveries, and overall efforts to improve the quality of life for their fellow tuskers.

DESCRIPTION:

The Horsemen have established a unique identity among OrkTown gangs by combining traditional turf-holding practices with a genuine commitment to community improvement. Their base at the Saddle Rock Golf Club serves as a hub for their operations. Utilizing motorcycles and modified golf carts for patrols, the Horsemen distinguish themselves as a formidable and somewhat altruistic force within the OrkTown community. Their efforts extend beyond typical gang activities, focusing on projects that contribute positively to the well-being of the neighborhood.

HEADCOUNT:

With a total of 43 able-bodied trolls and orks, as well as one notably ugly dwarf, the Horsemen form a cohesive and capable unit. The gang has absorbed two other groups in the past year, incorporating new members and skills into their ranks following intense battles in the area. This strategic expansion has enhanced their overall strength and capabilities.

Gang Relations:

• Demons: Hated Rivals
  • Saints: working relationship
  • Royals: Dislike
  • Ironsiders: Respected

In conclusion, the Horsemen, under the leadership of Metal Dave, present a distinctive blend of traditional gang activities with a genuine commitment to community improvement in the OrkTown region. Their proactive approach to neighborhood betterment and strategic growth through the absorption of other gangs makes them a notable force within the Warens.

Ironsiders

FOCUS:s-l1600.jpg.ac8a3a95c94cf76f6abbae76ff036338.jpg

The Ironsiders represent a classic go-gang within the Denver area, primarily focused on vehicles in various capacities. Specializing in vehicle theft, refitting, and smuggling, they possess the knowledge and means to maneuver goods in and out of the Free Trade Zone. Their expertise extends to a variety of vehicles, and their connections with the Saints make them a significant player in the city's underground economy.

LEADERSHIP:

Neon: At 24 years old, Neon is the formidable leader of the Ironsiders. Recognized as the best motorcycle rider in the city, Neon adopts a wolf pack mentality within the gang, positioning himself as the Alpha wolf. While being hard and mean-looking, he maintains discipline through a combination of strict measures, entertainment, and generous rewards.

Whack-O: As one of the primary lieutenants, Whack-O manages negotiations and tactics for the Ironsiders. Known for his wild stunts during his earlier days as a rigger, he has since evolved into a more business-oriented leader. Whack-O's experience in the fight against the Demons has instilled a sense of caution in his approach to gang management.

Nanite: Specializing in small drones and possessing superb electronics skills, Nanite is an elf with an aloof and standoffish demeanor. His cold and callous attitude towards outsiders contrasts with his more open interactions with fellow gang members. Nanite is known for building his own drones and contributing to the technological prowess of the gang.

Sierra: As a lieutenant, Sierra is characterized by her vibrant and psychotic nature, prone to rash behavior. Despite her unpredictability, she is a technical genius and serves as the enforcer within the gang. Her loyalty and almost insane love for Neon make her a formidable and dangerous asset to the Ironsiders.

DATA:

Headcount: The Ironsiders boast about 100 active members, with an additional 50 'hopefuls' working to gain full membership. The hopefuls, although not enjoying full membership status, contribute to the gang's activities.

Turf: The gang's effective turf covers the western half of Edward Street and the south portion of Buckley Avenue. Beyond these borders, the Ironsiders operate garages and chop-shops throughout the city. Their headquarters, the Ironhorn, exudes a biker-leather atmosphere and serves as a central hub for their operations. A strong and profitable relationship with the Saints dates back to their collaboration against the Demons in 2062.

Membership: Mechanics and drivers are in constant demand within the gang, and they are compensated well for their skills. Approximately 35% of the gang members possess VCRs, while hopefuls have yet to achieve this level of technological augmentation.

Uniforms/Colors: Members often wear black leather biker jackets or other suitable attire like aviator jackets. However, all members are required to wear a bandanna in either deep blue or purple. The emblem of the gang is a chrome Harley-Davidson logo from the turn of the century.

In summary, the Ironsiders, under the leadership of Neon and his lieutenants, embody the essence of a go-gang with a focus on vehicles. Their extensive network, strategic partnerships, and diverse skill sets make them a formidable force.

Game Status: PreRun | Combat Map: N/A | Scene: Awaiting response from: N/A |

Initiative Order

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Condition Monitors

Physical Damage Stun Damage
  N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 5/5

Barbara

N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ironside

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/4 Edge Pool: 2/2

Puppet

N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/3 Edge Pool: 3/3

Suit

N/A N/A N/A
  N/A N/A

Overflow:0/2 Edge Pool: 2/2

Ven

N/A N/A
    N/A

Overflow:0/4 Edge Pool: 2/2

Edited by Shadowstarr (see edit history)

i5sIzrE.png

Puppet looks to 404 at his whisper, her expression becomes serious ever so briefly as she shakes her head. "Mistakes here- can mean deaths. Dead friends. I do not- like mistakes." she trails off- quickly 'aborting' the topic by addressing his mention of the 'air tank', though by her reaction it seems she wasn't perhaps hyper-knowledgable about the specific modification.

"A air-tank, but inside you? Oh- you could activate it and it pushes oxygen to your lungs? No need to breath. That- sounds useful. Too many places in Denver have a...... smell." she says with the slow shake of her head, a gentle giggle slipping her lips.

"I have been looking to meet a street-doctor in Denver. Let us hope your introduction for me will not be an emergency after this mission." she nodded her acceptance of the offer. Her words rang true of course- if this mission somehow got intense and violent it was likely Puppet would be one of the first to be shot.

Puppet's gaze snapped upward into her vision as Pickle's voice slipped into her head. Her initial impression was to address the warning he had just given- the upcoming bridge was a possible ambush point. Puppet remained seated but reached over and snapped open the long hard-shelled case she had been carrying since they had all met. Grasping hold of the thing inside, she pulls up a katana sheathed within what looked like some sort of technological housing more so than a simple sheath. Closing the case Puppet sets it aside and takes in a slow, deep focusing breath. Puppet seems to calm immediately upon taking the weapon into hand- as if it held a special place in her mind.

spacer.pngThe weapon looked nothing like any blade or sheath the team had ever seen. Portions of the sheath looked almost bashed together, jury rigged. While the blade itself looked incredibly high quality and honed with custom decorative touches. With the blade still sheathed it was impossible to tell the extent of how different the weapon was from it's strange sheath- but it was clear Puppet treasured the weapon; she had been carrying it inside the case at every single meeting, even in public.

Despite still holding the weapon in her left hand, Puppet's right brought down one of her duffel bags, reaching inside for a moment before producing a customized Sub Machine Gun. It sported the same color and styling customizations as the pistol strapped to Puppet's thigh, though it's sleek profile featured a folding stock and a shoulder strap mounted. Those with knowledge of firearms could easily see the weapon for the SCK Model 100 it was- the iconic choice for the Japanese corporations and their security forces. With a hurried motion she shoulders the strap of the weapon, slinging it across her back before diving back into the duffel bag where she begins producing a series of magazines for clearly both her pistol, and the SMG; which she hurriedly stuffs into gear-access pockets across her skinsuit.

Puppet's expression had darkened once again, becoming 'business' as she armed herself for what might be a possible ambush. The giggling and the casual chatter suppressed by the coming danger. "Confirm. Everyone loaded for Non-Lethal ammunition?" she asks with the sharp projected tone, her voice coming across the team's comms even though her lips never appeared to move.

Commlink & PAN Status

MCT-3500 Commlink (DR 3, 0/0/3/3)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 10
SIN: [FakeSIN Rating 4] Horizon Group Corporate SIN HG-55N13-0T834

Like any upstanding citizen this commlink broadcasts its ID's basic profile, including links to various social media feeds, a dating profile, and corporate-modeling portfolios. In appearance the public-facing side of the commlink's node is everything a Horizon Corporate Citizen should be- vibrant and overly-sharing. Accessing private information, medical or other sensitive information does require authorization however.

This commlink contains a great number of mundane 'everyday' pictures and general files befitting the identity. It also contains a handful of files and pictures which could be seen as 'candid', 'private', 'incriminating' or 'damaging' to the identity; but are in truth, under dedicated scrutiny, fake and doctored.

Horizon Group Corporate SIN | HG-55N13-0T834

SIN: HG-55N13-0T834
Name: Takeda, Naomi
Issuer: Horizon Group
Profession: Model Influencer
Licenses:
Authorization Required

Horizon ShadowLink Commlink (DR 6, 0/2/6/7 | Noise Reduction 6)
Matrix Condition Monitor: 0 / 9
SIN: Renraku Corporate SIN RCS-45O90-R662

Slaved Devices Matrix Stats: 0/2/6/7 Max Devices: 18
Cyberears Savalette Guardian Pistol Holo Bracelet
Cybereyes SCK Model 100 SMG  
Datajack Plus    
Skilljack    
Skillwires    
  Executive Suite Clothing Suzuki Mirage Motorcycle

When broadcasting in Normal mode this commlink's public face is one of a typical corporate citizen of Renraku; reserved and saying little that is not obvious. No signs of her former fame or life are broadcast, no social media feeds or archives are linked and much of her information is locked behind access-walls. While certainly not a 'cold' appearance, it does look professional and stereotypical Renraku in nature.

As this commlink is Ryoko's everyday 'real' commlink, it contains thousands of pictures, videos, files and apps involving every aspect of her life- legal and otherwise. This does include her software collection, personasofts and several recorded Sim-clips from key moments in her life that she carries with her for sentimental reasons.

Renraku Corporate SIN | RCS-45O90-R662

SIN: RCS-45O90-R662
Name: Okamura, Ryoko
Issuer: Renraku Computer Systems
Profession: Red Samurai Trainee
Licenses:
Authorization Required

OOC & Mechanics

Current Skillwire Slots: 12/12 (Turkish Lingusoft 4, Armourer 4, Navigation 4)

Puppet has brought the following....

Armor: Bike Racing Armor, Custom Ballistic Mask
Weapons: Katana ("Renraku ACS HFV-Blade"), Savalette Guardian, SCK Model 100
Ammo: Gel and Regular rounds for her Pistol and SMG loaded in various clips.
Gear: Commlink, Hard-Shell Case, Holo Bracelet, 20 Stealth-Tag Business Cards, 1 Savior Medkit Injector, 1L Canteen filled with water
Supplies: A duffel bag preloaded with 20 days of Ration Bars, 20 1L bottles of water

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Active Skills: Alchemy 4 (11d), Arcana 1 (8d), Assensing 3 (7d), Biotech Group 4 (11d), Computer 1 (8d), Counterspelling 4 (11d), Disenchanting 3 (10d), Etiquette 1 (3d), Perception 4 (8d), Pistols 2 (6d), Sneaking 3 (7d), Spellcasting 5 (12d), Summoning 5 (12d)

Knowledge Skills: Area Knowledge: Denver 1 (5d), Corporation Aztechnology (corporate Security +2) 1 (10d), Critters 4 (11d), Magic Traditions 1 (8d), Magical Security 1 (8d), Magical Theory 1 (8d)

Qualities:  – Custom Negative Quality –in Debt placeholder, Big Regret, Code of Honor: Military Doctor (7 dicepool vs. 4), Focused Concentration (5), Hermetic Magician, Mentor Spirit: Raven (+2 Con)

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Cybereyes (2) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Low-Light Vision, Thermographic Vision
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Chemical Protection (3), Fire Resistance (3), Insulation (3), Nonconductivity (3)
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
    Isabelle Bourges w/ Augments license: Augments (4), Fake License: Firearms (1), Fake License: Mage (4), Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:

Venn grins broadly as Ironside loses it and bursts out laughing, the dimples in her cheeks and the laugh creases around her nose, as well as her enlarged pupils are evident for all to see. Also evident for all to see is the piece of shit revolver she's carrying, which she is 'fidget' inspecting. It looks like it's more for show, perhaps a 'Hail Mary', than for anything serious. Perhaps she carries it as a talisman or because it's expected?

All the while she's looking around aware of how many people were in that van, that truck, the people on the bridges she'd been warned out. The two kids kicking a can back and forth concealed behind the wall to their right.

She replies to Puppet subvocally on the channel.. "All my ammo is non-lethal because I can't hit anything with it.", this delivered wryly. "Humor aside, it's wotsitcalled.. stun and stick?", she adds, sounding more serious, and out of her depth at the same time.

She turns around to look through the hatch behind her as talk back there turns to the topic of street docs. "Anything medical that can be done outside a SOTA facility I can do. Bone Lacing would be a challenge though... well for those without spells..", she drawls, the French influence taking the low IQ assumptions about southern drawls out back and beating the crap out of it.

"If we ah.. stiffenate.. anyone packing ware or bio, you'll get to do your due diligence.", she adds, all the while reaching into her backpack and pulling out a surgical kit. "I just figure anyone comes at 'me and mine' has an organ donor card and chose to enrich another's life.", she adds, giving the distinct impression that her 'mine' applied to everyone in the truck.

Active

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

image_2024-01-18_175310672.png.2a97919d704f3ce8b6ccb8a32b9c192a.pngBarbara Silverstone

Character Info

PhyCon: 11/11 | StuCon: 10/10 | Dodge: 11 | Soak: 17* | Edge: 1/2 | Initiative: 11+1d6

Character Sheet

"Just try not to get it damaged, heads are harder to replace. I'll take a free tune-up after we're done, though.", Sylv replies with a smile. At the question about the drone, the smile turns wider, as the drone twists around in the air, darting out towards the front of the van. "Cams are usually throwaways for me. Is naming gear a thing you folks do?", she adds, taken aback by the question, before furrowing her brow. "Got ideas for it?"

Leaning to the front of the truck, she shouts, "Hey, Pickle? Crack a window, will ya, need to get eyes in the skies." As the drone flies out, she seems to zoom out, staring into the distance as one of her pupils begins to widen. "Never had a rig.", she adds, absent-mindedly, as if to keep the conversation going. "Can't beat the performance, but I got more chrome than I want as it is, and after the Crash, VR never had the same appeal to me." Something about the smell of burned eyeballs, planes and skycars raining down.

With one eye in the sky, and one in the van, as the team approaches and gets set-up, Sylv refreshes her network and feeds the drone feed to 404. As the decker mentions his cyberdock, she quips, "She take insurance?" with a smirk. To Puppet's question, she nods, vocalising as she extends the datajack from her arm into the large revolver's port, "I got a few dummy gummies loaded, but if you see anything hardened, let me know."

OOC

Dice hating me aside - the drone has Vision Mags and Thermal.

Camera rating is 3, so if anyone else wants to give the place a looksie over, please be my guest. I'll chaff up the dice being performance anxiety due to being trapped in a car with hardened criminals.

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)
Name
Pilot Aircraft, AR control, on the drone to get it above us and looking down
success(9d6,5,above,no,no) 3,2,3,1,3,2,1,2,1
EWar to operate the sensors of the drone, running Silent
success(11d6,5,above,no,no) 4,3,1,1,2,4,1,2,6,3,3
I suppose I'm edging that Pilot, MW dice roller what the hell (1/2)
success(9d6,5,above,no,no) 4,2,6,1,1,2,3,6,1

404 continues to watch the camera, slowly but carefully keeping his VR eyes moving through them to keep the 360 degree sight. The others could handle one direction fine but it would also be a distraction to more easily spotted ones on the regular roads. Yet he doesnt miss the comments made by the others. Puppets comment about the smell of the city was something he agreed with, it wasnt like back home in Norway. Especially not that smell he had gotten used to in Renraku, like a mix of light incense mixed with utter superiority and consideration rolled into one. "They're made to provide an air source. Say we get a job to recover something underwater. Ive got a couple of hours without the need to breath. Say someone tosses out a gas grenade, it switches over so Im not affected. Its handy chrome to have in a pinch...but yes, you can avoid those awful smells too." he commented as he switched camera's again, this time looking ahead of them and scanning the spots where people might hide.

He continues as he keeps moving between the cameras, keeping a lookout. "If by insurance you mean nuyen, yeah she'll charge you a fair price for some shiny chrome." he comments before adding "Confirmed I am loaded for non-lethal but if I have to start shooting were in big trouble."

spacer.pngVenere "Ven"

Venere 'Ven' 
METATYPE:
Human

Spells:

Mind Probe F

Increase Reflexes F

Vehicle Mask F-3

Sterilize F-3

Influence F-1

Levitate F-2

Augmentations:
   Cerebral Booster (2)
   Trauma Damper (1)
Gear:
   Biotech
   Medkit (6)
   Medkit Supplies x6
   Micro-Tranceiver
   Miniwelder
   Power Focus (3)
   Respirator (6)
   Sony Emperor
Weapons:
Contacts:

Venn brings her attention back to the road and Ironside beside her as those in the back absorb her offer to operate for free in complete silence. She did find that a little odd, something which showed in her expression, but she just as visibly shrugged it off. She looked over at Ironside.. "Seems like Pro Bono is a no-no...", she drawls, offering up a languid grin.

Active

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Suitpic1.jpg.636706db58ac0afefb051dbaa438ffdd.jpg.9d85d2d92e49923e86b3ffb1603e2f4f.jpg

Stats and OOC

Ahmed "Suit" Islam

METATYPE: ELF

B 2, A 3, R 2, S 2, W 3, L 3, I 4, C 8, ESS 5.4, EDG 2

Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10

Current Armor: 12 (Armored Jacket)

Limits: Physical 3, Mental 5, Social 9

Physical Initiative: 6+1D6

Languages: Aztlaner Spanish 2, Bengali N, English N, Zuni 2

Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision

Qualities: Allergy, Uncommon (Moderate): Penicilin; Bilingual; Common Sense; Day Job (2,500¥/month, 20 hrs/week); First Impression: SINner (National SIN): Ahmed Islam-UCAS; Too Pretty to Hit

Augmentations:

- Datajack

- Skin Toner

Vehicles: Ford Americar [Handling 4/3, Speed 3, Accel 2, Body 11, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 4]; Gear: Anti-Theft System (2), Gridlink, Gridlink Override, Morphing License Plate, Sensor Enhancement (2), Spoof Chip

Currently Equipped/Carried Gear:

-  Bug Scanner (6)

- Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink

- Earbuds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (2), Sound Link

- Erika Elite (w/ P2.1, Ticker: Denver News)

- Faceless, Generic (Generic Elf) (R5)

- Fake SIN: Mahmud khan (R4): License: Bounty Hunter (4), Fake License: Concealed Carry (4), Fake License: Driver's License (4), Fake License: Firearms (4), Fake License: PI (4)

- Meta Link

- Subvocal Microphone

- Tag Eraser

- White Noise Generator (6)

- Trauma Patch

- Medkit (3)

Equipped/Carried Weapons:

- Ares Light Fire 75 [Light Pistol, Acc 8, DV 6P, AP -4, SA, 16 (c)], Ares Light Fire Silencer, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System (Internal); Ammo: Regular x100

"Didn't bring any non-lethal, just regular rounds, though," Suit says, activating the arm slide to show the piece he bought - Ares Light Fire 75, with the barrel-mounted silencer. "But to be completely honest, if I gotta start shooting, drek's really hit the fan." He'd have to trust the others to not abandon him, at the very least.

"Still, if it's anything like the last time, we should be able to talk our way of this - bunch of armed shadowrunners'll probably scare away any junkies that still have sense."

image.png.04c8b9e407808dc8f786a6a81768c4a1.png.f5268f20932016d5ea4207851dd75549.pngHe shrugged comically at Venn's comment. "Guess we're the only broke ones here. Chromed people are hard to understand."

He pressed the micro-transceiver of his commlink. "I've got no 'merciful bullets' for my irons. I've got spells that make the brain go Zzzzzz or illusions for those cases where non-lethal options are necessary," he said, imitating the sound of someone snoring.

"If we find ourselves in a situation where diplomacy, intimidation, or my non-lethal spells aren't enough to deal with gangers and junkies, well, I'm on the same stance as Suit: I have no shame in resorting to deadly force. I'll spray 7.62mm rounds of love and understanding, swing my axe of cuddling, or use the rest of my spell, which are also made of joy and giggles," he said, his tone dripping with irony. "Yes, I am this charming. I hope we wouldn't have to get there. I ironically don't like killing people, despite being good at it."

He took out a soy-based chocolate bar from his coat and started to chew the treat nonchalantly with large grin.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)