The Agora (Welcome and OOC thread)

desertfox

16 hours ago, Ace Bronson said:

I apologize for the delayed post. I've been teaching a four day bow building class and have been pretty occupied. I'll be back to normal by monday.

No probs , Ace. I know that stuff comes up.

Bow building? Wow, sounds fun. Like one-piece bows, composite bows--what sort of thing?

Definitely an interesting way to spend time teaching it sounds like. :)

3 hours ago, desertfox said:

Calix can roll repair (no need for GM permission to roll, btw) . A straight success means he is able to guide them to successful construction just in time.

I did, it's on the bottom of my post. :) Ended up with a couple of extremes on the roll. an 11 on the actual skill roll, and a 1 on the Wild die. :)

9 hours ago, desertfox said:

No probs , Ace. I know that stuff comes up.

Bow building? Wow, sounds fun. Like one-piece bows, composite bows--what sort of thing?

Self bows, which are bows made from a single stave of wood, (no laminations, modern materials, etc.) Kinda like the old English longbows made of yew wood, but in this case we are using Osage wood and doing a slightly different longbow design.

I might have to withdraw then. I didn’t post, because I wasn’t sure what to say; Eritha gets into position to start slinging, isn’t much of a post.

but I probably won’t be able to post as often as you want, so it might be best if I drop out so the game can go faster.

I don’t think it’s the actual post rate—that’s been posted right from the game’s inception (right? The Expectations tab?maybe nobody notices that) . I do hope players will post, even(maybe especially) when they are stuck, so I know whether a player’s around. The brief post you mentioned would be fine. You could even post OOC ‘I want E to be in position to surprise attack, but can’t see where to place her, could GM describe this..’.

I’ll divide the battle up into zones to keep things going. Later today, Limeyland time. Appreciate posts keeping the old ship going.

EDIT: just to add, obviously i don't want players to drop, but I understand they have a right to (also in my Expectations list). In case that last post seemed like I was breezing over things.

I'll literally press on with two, heck even one player. Though I'm guessing this wouldn't be everybody's thing.

My apologies. I had a medical issue with the wife last week, and it carried through yesterday. :( (She's diabetic, and her sugar level low put her in the near coma 3 times in 5 days, one of which required the Paramedics to bring her back around. Doctor yesterday ended up dropping one of her meds completely and cutting one in quarter (from 2000mg a day to 500).

I'll get caught up ASAP. and going forward should be more reliable.