The Agora (Welcome and OOC thread)

desertfox

2 hours ago, Laird_Thorne said:

My apologies. I had a medical issue with the wife last week, and it carried through yesterday. :( (She's diabetic, and her sugar level low put her in the near coma 3 times in 5 days, one of which required the Paramedics to bring her back around. Doctor yesterday ended up dropping one of her meds completely and cutting one in quarter (from 2000mg a day to 500).

I'll get caught up ASAP. and going forward should be more reliable.

That's scary! My son is Type 1 diabetic and these are the scenarios we fear. I hope she is ok and on the mend

Arse, I meant to write Heracleia, not Myus. I’ll edit it into the IC thread. Does anybody want to see where the mountain path runs? Wouldn’t take long to edit/post an image, but useful only if someone is mildly interested 😁.

Edited by desertfox (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, desertfox said:

Haha! What about Calix, @Laird_Thorne?

Thought about Vigor, really hard! LOL

But, decided to go with a bump to Notice and Survival instead. The trip shook the rust off some of his former Gladiator/Soldier skillset. :)

Posted (edited)

It was a pretty good strategy to try and start off on the right foot. You were unlucky!

But C not making it as a Metic can be turned into something useful . He can either end up working for Z and/or Calix as a kind of assistant. Or be demoted to the status of a drudge and get a different perspective on the city, roughing it with the plebs. Becoming the sort of Huggy Bear contact from the streets. He could also accept the status of Foreigner, hanging out in the small settlement outside the city walls.

I don’t know which of these sounds more fun?

Edited by desertfox (see edit history)

4 hours ago, desertfox said:

It was a pretty good strategy to try and start off on the right foot. You were unlucky!

But C not making it as a Metic can be turned into something useful . He can either end up working for Z and/or Calix as a kind of assistant. Or be demoted to the status of a drudge and get a different perspective on the city, roughing it with the plebs. Becoming the sort of Huggy Bear contact from the streets. He could also accept the status of Foreigner, hanging out in the small settlement outside the city walls.

I don’t know which of these sounds more fun?

Er, I think I did manage to squeak by a success, though, even if it cost me all my Favour? I managed a 4 on Fighting and a 5 on Persuasion.