Character Creation & Discussion

Sellsword

On 1/27/2024 at 4:49 PM, Lord Foul said:

So... the big thing that brought us all together and made our reputation in the area...

Some months back, a nearby community began to suffer a terrible curse. Children were disappearing in the night. Just one to begin with, but then another, and another, until almost a dozen had been mysteriously taken. Nobody knew who or what was responsible and the village was in a state of panic and dread. At this time our three small groups all happened to be in the village; two just by coincidence as they were travelling through, but the third because Theo the paladin had heard of the strange disappearances and was determined to find out what was behind it and stop any more from being taken.

Theo spoke in the local inn to try to gather help, and so impassioned were his words that the rest of us decided to offer him our help. So we formulated a plan, to set up a network of watchers over all the remaining children, and when someone noticed something amiss, gather the rest to follow and deal with it. True enough, that very night another child was taken, but this time it was witnessed. A skulking creature crept into the child's room and stole it away in a sack. The watcher was our thief, Jack, and he followed the creature back to its lair, a secret opening in a nearby rocky canyon.

Returning to gather the rest of the party, we went back to the secret opening and found a way in, where we discovered a small tribe of grimlocks with a shaman preparing to sacrifice the dozen children to their abominable god in a ritual deep in the heart of their caves. After a heroic battle we slew the monsters and rescued the children, returning them all safely to their families and the acclaim of the whole village.

What do you think?

this is also fine by me. My character is a life long resident of the forests that make up the Dales.

Good morning all! I have made my final review of the characters and am ready to get things rolling! @NickL82 @rauhric I have sent you messages regarding your characters, please take a look. Based on the completed characters submitted and some of the great discussion that has happened so far, here is the final group of characters:

Jack Coldwater, halfling thief
Mandons of Gyre, human fighter
Kordannaghlan Penniesaver, gnome fighter/thief
Lirion Eldermist, elf fighter/mage
Valandil Isilrá, elf fighter
Father Amarandé, half-elf mage/cleric of Mystra

(pending) Tymas Waites, human cleric of Helm
(pending) Theoath Granger, human paladin of Chauntea

Working on getting the first in-game post set up now!

Edited by Sellsword (see edit history)

I paraphrased Lord Foul's background, posted it into the Campaign forum as prologue to the campaign. Ties things together nicely, and definitely explains why your group might be sought out in times of emergency. Working on main campaign thread now.

1 hour ago, Sellsword said:

I paraphrased Lord Foul's background, posted it into the Campaign forum as prologue to the campaign. Ties things together nicely, and definitely explains why your group might be sought out in times of emergency. Working on main campaign thread now.

😍⚔️

Tymas Waites, Acolyte of Helm, hails from Hillsfar. He has a deep-rooted respect for authority and law, and when Maalthiir seized power from the ruling council, it disgusted him. The feeling only worsened after the Red Plumes began their purge of the city of halflings and other races. Tymas left the city and traveled west with a few likeminded clerics from his church. They skirted the ruins of Yulash -- the city having been recently destroyed by the Zhentarim -- and wound up catching a ferry down the River Tesh to Voonlar. Seeing how Zhentarim-friendly Voonlar's leadership is, the other clerics chose to push further into the Dales, but now that he's seen how far-reaching the Zhentarim's poisonous presence has become, he decided to stay in Shadowdale to regroup, partner with other adventurers (and join our party), and hopefully one day return the city of Hillsfar to its rightful rulers.