Eivrilavul Cil Elven Investigator

Eivrilavul Cil :: Pathfinder 2e :: Myth-Weavers Online Character Sheets

Eivrilavul Cil

Eiv pic.jpg

‘In the hushed whispers of ancient tomes and the cryptic sketches of bygone maps, I find my soul's yearning awakened. There is a world beyond our forests—a realm of mysteries untamed and histories unclaimed—one that beckons me with the siren's call of adventure. As an elven scholar, every scroll unfurled and every relic unearthed is a step towards the great tapestry of knowledge, and as an investigator, every clue deciphered and every riddle solved brings me closer to the heart of the unknown. It is in the thrill of the chase and the joy of discovery that I am truly alive.’

Elven Scholar 🍃Investigator 1

1. Do you want to use the Kingdom Building Rules (and, by extension, Warfare rules), or would you prefer to have the Kingdom in the background? I would like to use the rules. they look fun.
  2. Do you want to incorporate the Companion characters from the Companion Guide (characters based on the Owlcat CRPG) in any capacity? No opinion. Never played the owlcat game.
  3. Do you want to incorporate the alternate Camping rules from the Companion Guide? I think they look cool. I'd like to try them.
Edited by RagallachMC (see edit history)

Eivrilavul Cil sat on a mossy stone overlooking a small brook on the outskirts of Iadara, the capital city of Kyonin. It was quiet here. Only the sounds of the bubbling of the brook and a slight breeze that rustled the leaves of the trees were here to distract Eivrilavul from his thoughts. He liked to come here when he needed to escape from his small room and his studies. An afternoon here would refresh him and he could dive back into his books with renewed passion. He sat there for awhile, with the brook and wind and chirping birds for several hours before the sound of a footstep brought him back to the present. Eivrilavul turned and saw Nimeroni, the Headmistress of The Academy. He stared for a moment, surprised to see her in this place and then stood smoothly.

'Headmistress, are you lost? Do you need assistance returning to the City?"

Nimeroni laughed softly, walked into the glade and sat upon a fallen tree trunk, folding her skirts smootly. "No, Eivrilavul, I am here for you. It is no secret that you favor this place for quiet contemplation.' She looked around the glade slowly, "It is a well chosen spot."

He sat back down on his mossy stone facing the Headmistress, "I could have met you in your offices, if you had need to speak with me, Headmistress."

She smiled and looked around the glade, "No, I think this is a perfect spot for this conversation. I have a task for you Eivrilavul Cil. An important task. A task that has been discussed by some of the most powerful people in the city."

Eivrilavul nodded thoughtfully, taking some moments to process the words. "And what is this 'important task' Headmistress?"

"The human nation of Brevoy has recently made it known that they will be moving into the Stolen Lands to establish a new Kingdom. They have put forth the call for adventurers, thrill seekers and treasure hunters to help them 'tame' this land."

Eivrilavul paused again, turning her words over in his mind, "I am waiting to hear what my task is, Headmistress.'

Nimeroni smiled, "You are a bright student and fast thinker. What opportunities are there for Kyonin?"

"Well, many of our ancient sites are in the Stolen Lands that have not been rediscovered. There would be much scholarly work that could be done if relics were discovered."

"That is true", said Nimeroni "And it is something that would be of great value to those at The Academy and above.", she paused "But it's not the primary reason we are interested in this potential new kingdom.", she paused again. "The queen and her advisors would like this new kingdom to be friendly to our kind. Perhaps an ally in the hard times that lie ahead."

"Yes, that makes sense.", said Eivrilavul "But, What can I do about this?"

"You will suspend your studies and travel to Southern Brevoy. You will become one of these 'adventurers' and you will ensure that this new kingdom is an ally to the elven people."

The glade fell into relative silence for a long moment before Eivrilavul spoke again, "I am honored that you think this highly of me Headmistress, but I am just a scholar. My experience outside of Kyonin is...limited. Wouldn't an envoy from the Queen or a Warrior from one of the Societies be a better choice?"

"You are a better choice because you are unknown. The court would like to influence this new land without seeming to influence it. An envoy or a warrior of renown would signal to our enemies what Kyonin plans. Also, I believe it's time for you to get a more 'practical' education. You are a sharp mind, but it's time to put your skills into practice. What better way than to serve your people and to find an ally for our leaders?"

Nimeroni stood then, and Eivrilavul stood as well. "This is a great task.", she said looking into his eyes. "Make your preparations and be ready to depart in three days time. Tell no one why you are leaving. Make your way to South Brevoy and do what you must to influence this new kingdom. The hopes of Kyonin go with you. Be safe and return Eivrilavul."

With that, she walked quietly from the glade. Eivrilavul watched her go and sat on the mossy stone again. The brook burbled, the wind rustled and the birds chirped but Eivrilavul wasnt listening any more.

Whoo. I forgot how hard to read the Paizo official sheets are - and the Remaster hasn't really solved the problem.

So, my first recommendation is to use the Myth-Weavers Sheet system (see above) and create a PF2 character sheet through that. It's a lot more readable, and it does a lot of the math for you. Just edit the link to that sheet (copy-paste the URL) into your first post.

My second recommendation is swap the Leaf Weave for Studded Leather armor. You don't have the Dex to take advantage of Leaf Weave, and the extra +1 AC will be highly beneficial in the short term. It's also slightly cheaper, as an added bonus.

For the sheet itself, you should be checking "Arcane" for the tradition of your Innate spells. Make sure to track proficiency with those, as well, in case it comes up. You also forgot to check the Proficiency box next to Medicine, which is understandable given how tiny they are.

As for the vignette, I gather that Eivirlavul is a bookish, reclusive scholarly-type. What about family? Does he have one?

Why does he think that Kyonin cares so much about this expedition? Attempts have been made to settle the Stolen Lands before, after all - why would Kyonin think this one will be any more successful than the last?

Finally, there are three questions in the Character Creation thread that I need you to answer for your application, as well.

22 hours ago, Phntm888 said:

So, my first recommendation is to use the Myth-Weavers Sheet system (see above) and create a PF2 character sheet through that. It's a lot more readable, and it does a lot of the math for you. Just edit the link to that sheet (copy-paste the URL) into your first post.

Done.

My second recommendation is swap the Leaf Weave for Studded Leather armor. You don't have the Dex to take advantage of Leaf Weave, and the extra +1 AC will be highly beneficial in the short term. It's also slightly cheaper, as an added bonus.

Done.

As for the vignette, I gather that Eivirlavul is a bookish, reclusive scholarly-type. What about family? Does he have one?

I'll add a small backstory synopsis into this thread. But, yes he is a scholar. He studies magic but has no desire to be a wizard.

Why does he think that Kyonin cares so much about this expedition? Attempts have been made to settle the Stolen Lands before, after all - why would Kyonin think this one will be any more successful than the last?

We're getting into Character knowledge vs Player knowledge. I know very little about the Stolen Lands. Eivirlavul would know way more about that. We could RP that/make rolls if I/he were to make it into the game.

Finally, there are three questions in the Character Creation thread that I need you to answer for your application, as well.

Done. The Edicts/Anathema got cutout of the original charsheet. They're replaced in the new one.

Edited by RagallachMC (see edit history)

Eivrilavul Cil was born 120 years ago in the elven capital of Iadara. His mother's family ran a prosperous artisan's factorage and his mother was a skilled sculptor. His father was an acclaimed musician who travelled all over Kyonin. As Elven mates often do, Eivrilavul's parents drifted apart after several decades together. Although his father is often gone for years at a time, he always stops to visit when passing through the capital. Although an only child, Eivrilavul grew up at his mother's family's artisan shop where he played and learned with many members of his extended family. While growing up he was schooled by all of the artisans and craftspeople that worked there, and while he enjoyed the work, he enjoyed reading and studying more. He excelled at his studies and when the time came to choose the path for his life to take, he chose scholarship. He worked and studied his way through several schools and programs before finally being accepted into The Iadara Academy. Over the decades his course of study has changed numerous times but he always seems to return back to the study of the Arcane. Rather than the practical application of Arcane forces that Wizards and their like deal in, Eivrilavul has been drawn to the history of the Arcane Arts, famous practitioners and the Artifacts that they create. He hopes to one day write the definitive history of Arcane Magic on Golarion.