OOC Discussions

Sellsword

19 hours ago, Arbuthnott said:

That's awesome. I did Taekwondo for roughly 10 years before moving over to shaolin and wing chun kung fu. I had a friend who did Judo as well as Wing Chun; I don't think I ever beat her in a spar

On 1/29/2024 at 6:19 PM, Sellsword said:

What martial art? I’ve been doing judo since 2005, instructor local non-for profit club. Currently working towards my purple belt in jujitsu as well.

I've studied Tai Chi [ full contact ] and Baguazhang [ swords ]

Awesome. I've always wanted to try Baguazhang, but I've never found any instructors near enough to me. Maybe one day

On 1/23/2024 at 3:33 PM, Sellsword said:

Yes--for example, if you have a 10% bonus as a fighter for your strength prime requisite, you'd actually start at 5,500 XP.

@NickL82 that's an awesome cleric you've got there, I think we'll get on quite well. I think you're slightly closer to 4th than you realise, however

28 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

Apologies for the wall of text--lots of introduction to plow through, and I didn't want to break it up unnaturally.

no worries, now that that is out of the way the adventure can truly begin

16 hours ago, Arbuthnott said:

Awesome. I've always wanted to try Baguazhang, but I've never found any instructors near enough to me. Maybe one day

@NickL82 that's an awesome cleric you've got there, I think we'll get on quite well. I think you're slightly closer to 4th than you realise, however

Hey, thank you! Yes, the game starts with 5,000 xp, so I am pretty close to 4th level.

22 minutes ago, NickL82 said:

Hey, thank you! Yes, the game starts with 5,000 xp, so I am pretty close to 4th level.

No, he means you haven't included the 10% bonus for high Wisdom. You should start with 5500 xp.

I will try to geta post out today, it may be late this evening before I can post. I got to take off half a day to have my home's foundation inspected. Please bear with me.

23 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

No, he means you haven't included the 10% bonus for high Wisdom. You should start with 5500 xp.

Lol, I can't believe I missed that! Good eyes!

9 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Just popping in to let you guys know I have the flu—spent most of the day sleeping, feel like trash. Will get the next post up tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

Holy crap guys, the last couple days were terrible. I spent most of it trying to sleep, finally starting to feel like a human again. Sorry for the delay, working on a post this morning.

14 minutes ago, Sellsword said:

Holy crap guys, the last couple days were terrible. I spent most of it trying to sleep, finally starting to feel like a human again. Sorry for the delay, working on a post this morning.

take your time, the important thing is you start to feel a bit better.

I'm appreciating your quality content, quantity is less relevant.

I scanned the trilogy of modules to see if there were other types of magical weapons accounted for--as suspected, there were many longswords, but very few weapons of other types and no other magical blades. Making a snap ruling--

When a magical item is indicated by the adventure (we'll use the example of a long sword here), I'll use the normal DMG weapon type generation tables to determine the weapon type, including subtype for groups of weapons such as swords and axes. That way, there's a little more variety to the equipment found.

There is a fair amount of magical loot potentially available throughout the adventures--but how much of it you actually encounter depends on many decisions you make. Sound good?