OOC Discussions

Sellsword

Great point! Sorry, I didn't realize the link wasn't shared with the group. @NickL82 if you wouldn't mind updating your character thread with the link to your sheet and a bit of background, would appreciate it!

for the sake of convenience, in primis to our DM, I'd like to know how to make a character sheet here on MW like the one of Theoath Granger, our Paladin.

As I was telling to LordFoul in another post, if I go on Sheets all I get is this screen I'm posting here, and any option given does absolutely nothing. Maybe is an issue for me, I tried on different browsers and nothing changes

Capture.JPG.17da95a995c40380feabeaafa88b5c1c.JPG

Edited by stonedzep (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, stonedzep said:

for the sake of convenience, in primis to our DM, I'd like to know how to make a character sheet here on MW like the one of Theoath Granger, our Paladin.

As I was telling to LordFoul in another post, if I go on Sheets all I get is this screen I'm posting here, and any option given does absolutely nothing. Maybe is an issue for me, I tried on different browsers and nothing changes

Capture.JPG.17da95a995c40380feabeaafa88b5c1c.JPG

that that screenshot and create a thread here, I had the same problem the admins will be able to help you pretty quickly

Support Forum

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Arbuthnott said:

I usually get that, so I go back one page and then re-click sheets and it gets me there no problem on the second try.

you should report that to the admins see if they can fix it.

2 hours ago, Sellsword said:

Great point! Sorry, I didn't realize the link wasn't shared with the group. @NickL82 if you wouldn't mind updating your character thread with the link to your sheet and a bit of background, would appreciate it!

Absolutely! Could I get a hand with that? I've been playing around with this website, but I'm not seeing how to import my character sheet into the post. How do I go about doing that?

I have zero experience with sheets on MW, so I'd follow the advice provided by others to report it to the site admins. Might be a known issue or something they're working on.

7 minutes ago, NickL82 said:

Absolutely! Could I get a hand with that? I've been playing around with this website, but I'm not seeing how to import my character sheet into the post. How do I go about doing that?

I had the same issue, but it's actually quite simple (even I managed it without messing up). Just copy the url of your sheet, then put the word "sheet" or whatever else you want to use somewhere on your profile post, highlight it with the mouse and click on the little chain icon in the task bar. That'll form a link for you. Paste in the url and you're good to go.

And I saw you have provided a background post. Thanks for that. But could you also copy that into your character profile? Otherwise it'll become lost as that discussion thread grows.

Edited by Lord Foul (see edit history)

Player: I'm a 41-year old D&D player, been playing since I was a kid, got my start with AD&D 2nd edition, but I've also done 1st edition as well. I work in quality control at a pharmaceutical packaging company. I'm from north-central IL, so not that far from you, @Sellsword! I am looking forward to finally role-playing again.

Character: 22-year old Acolyte of Helm. Tymas Waites is a Hillsfar native but left town with some likeminded clerics after Maalthiir seized power. While his companions continued into the heart of the Dalelands, Tymas has chosen to stay, hoping to help fight the growing Zhentarim presence in the region. He's a little above average height, but solid and strong, yet still fairly light on his feet. He has a long face framed with a brown beard, crystalline blue eyes, and shoulder-length brown hair.

9 minutes ago, Lord Foul said:

I had the same issue, but it's actually quite simple (even I managed it without messing up). Just copy the url of your sheet, then put the word "sheet" or whatever else you want to use somewhere on your profile post, highlight it with the mouse and click on the little chain icon in the task bar. That'll form a link for you. Paste in the url and you're good to go.

And I saw you have provided a background post. Thanks for that. But could you also copy that into your character profile? Otherwise it'll become lost as that discussion thread grows.

I've posted a link, but it doesn't look like it's appearing on my post other than the actual link. LOL. What am I doing wrong?

I myself started playing D&D back in 1984 or 85 The Frank Mentzer BECMI rules then very soon after AD&D I played Star Frontiers, Chill, Champions, Fantasy Warhammer, Cyberpunk 2020 and other RPGs throughout the Years

I'm from South Alabama Joined the Marine Corps in 1990 got out in 1994 currently I reside in Eufaula Alabama

56 minutes ago, NickL82 said:

I've posted a link, but it doesn't look like it's appearing on my post other than the actual link. LOL. What am I doing wrong?

The link appears to be working okay. If you wanted it to link from the word "sheet" then you need to highlight the word before you click on the link icon. Either that or type in a new link word (or phrase) once the link is open.

2 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

The link appears to be working okay. If you wanted it to link from the word "sheet" then you need to highlight the word before you click on the link icon. Either that or type in a new link word (or phrase) once the link is open.

Awesome, excellent! Thank you for your help.