Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

13 hours ago, Acromos said:

You don't know yet. Since you haven't identified them. I know the rules say that ... basically any interaction allows you to identify any magic item. I mostly agree, but not entirely. A +1 weapon is easy to identify. A dagger of venom (Menthelius' off-hand weapon) is quite easy to identify if it's been used against you.

More complex items aren't as readily identified. Say you found a scarab of protection. You put it on, you basically feel the same. How would you divine it's function? You can't until you have to roll a save - and even then, how would you know the scarab helped you.

Menthelius' sword is at least +1, but thus far, you don't know anything else. Well, you know it's not shadowforged, because it isn't a drow weapon.

Didn't you know magic items speak to you... hi I'm a Sword of Sharpness +2

Hello !

9 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

Didn't you know magic items speak to you... hi I'm a Sword of Sharpness +2

Hello !

Well .. this is a sword of confusion, it doesn't really know what it is. It's never wielded itself, after all. So it's like 'Hi! I'm a sword! If you hold me by the round bit, you can use the sharp bit to kill other sentients. Pretty great, huh? How about you and I go out and do that right now. There's a sentient right over there - we could go and kill him right now!'

Also, Wis save vs Confusion.

:p

1 hour ago, Gris said:

???

I'm just trying to be funny. As of this moment, no one knows precisely what Menthelius' sword does.

It's really very nice, though. Exquisite workmanship, the highest quality steel, ornate decorations. There are runes, not along the flat center of the blade, but right at the cutting edge. It seems like honing would ruin or erase them - making you think that maybe this blade doesn't need any honing at all.

If I were the type for such folly, I'd say this sword was of the highest craftsdwarfship, with decorations of dwarves and elephants and monkeys. The Monkeys are riding the elephants. The elephants are on fire. But such barbarism is beneath me.

Edited by Acromos (see edit history)

7 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Obviously Gris failed his WiS save...

You had me at monkeys ... ms. Blueblood likes monkeys, she may infact purchase a pet monkey in Sinkhole...

Monkeys (like parrots) tend to be easier to purchase in surface, jungle-like settings. Here, you can easily find a nice spider pet.

Really, it's much easier to go to the market. This is a fantasy world, so most markets have some sort of menagerie: Animals that would be exotic in our world, but isn't in this one, riding beats like spiders and lizards and insects, the occasional flying mount, and possibly fighting beasts like wargs or zirg =)

I'm just going to list some options:

Sinkhole is an opportunity to transform gold into items. Magic cannot be bought at a magic item general store, but they can be bargained for. It'll never be a question of gold pieces, though - although some exchange of gold may be part of the deal.

There are also .. 'opportunities' in Sinkhole, if you like. As this game has no plot, these are as relevant as you want them to be - if you never go looking for them, you also never find them.

The party needs to agree on what comes next. As mentioned, Kelia has a job to do. I haven't seen anyone agree to go with her - but obviously, I'm hoping you will, because, well, otherwise you'll have to persuade Kelia not to complete the job she's on. Also, Kelia's 'quest' will give me a chance to introduce dwarves, which I'm looking forward to.

You can chose to completely bypass Sinkhole, and just walk out of the far exit, back into the underdark, and whatever terrors lurk there =)

19 hours ago, Acromos said:

I'm just going to list some options:

Sinkhole is an opportunity to transform gold into items. Magic cannot be bought at a magic item general store, but they can be bargained for. It'll never be a question of gold pieces, though - although some exchange of gold may be part of the deal.

There are also .. 'opportunities' in Sinkhole, if you like. As this game has no plot, these are as relevant as you want them to be - if you never go looking for them, you also never find them.

The party needs to agree on what comes next. As mentioned, Kelia has a job to do. I haven't seen anyone agree to go with her - but obviously, I'm hoping you will, because, well, otherwise you'll have to persuade Kelia not to complete the job she's on. Also, Kelia's 'quest' will give me a chance to introduce dwarves, which I'm looking forward to.

You can chose to completely bypass Sinkhole, and just walk out of the far exit, back into the underdark, and whatever terrors lurk there =)

My character hasn't said he won't go with her once he is officially landed and out of trouble for the time being; he has no issues with accompanying Kelia on her quest.

5 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

How many Drow does blueblood have to kill to gain a level ?... or maybe magic items ?

did someone mention platinum ingots ?

Cannot give any of the ingots, those are part of the delivery, and they do not belong to Kelia.

At most she could pay some gold either from what she has or gold gained during this adventure.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

Who said anything about platinum. Or ingots.

What Kelia has is a bag of holding filled with adamantium ore, that she's taking to the deep dwarves - who will give her adamantium ingots in trade. Because no one knows how to extract and purify the ore. Well, actually, maybe the drow also know. But the point is, it's not something that can be done in Ghazzad, because the process is proprietary, and the dwarves aren't sharing.

Cool. Then from memory, after that, I believe she has to take the adamantium ingots back to the temple of earth. It has been a while so I might get some details wrong or misremember, feel free to correct or clarify. 😀

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)