Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

If you ask me, you totally should RP Sinkhole. But that requires you to tell me what you want. All of you - not just Blueblood.

If Blueblood asks around a bit, she'll quickly find that there are at least two people in town who will act as broker. One is the wizard Krzsysztof, who I described standing on the furthest pier, looking at the maelstrom. And the other is Glum, who is the leader of the dockworkers guild, and operates the golem.

Yea - don't tell me you want to RP. RP it. Tell me what your characters do, where they go, what they look for or want to achieve. IC.

16 hours ago, Acromos said:

If you ask me, you totally should RP Sinkhole. But that requires you to tell me what you want. All of you - not just Blueblood.

If Blueblood asks around a bit, she'll quickly find that there are at least two people in town who will act as broker. One is the wizard Krzsysztof, who I described standing on the furthest pier, looking at the maelstrom. And the other is Glum, who is the leader of the dockworkers guild, and operates the golem.

Doon't be Silly... everyone does what Blueblood says... or they get whipped !

11 hours ago, Acromos said:

Yea - don't tell me you want to RP. RP it. Tell me what your characters do, where they go, what they look for or want to achieve. IC.

I will inform you in Roleplay then including searching for a magical item or two. common, mundane items will be listed though.

Great... someone to revive the drow after we kill yem.

Blueblood is a tough Eldritch Pirate, just point her towards the bad guys and she's happy to duel them with her fine drow swords.

And do so looking stylish in her outfit of the day. Currently she's sporting the drow look... and looking to change her currency into platinum bars.. or jewelry, gems and such....

@Acromos is there a ''Glow Rock' that can be bought that illuminates like... continual light

Ghouls aren't really her thing ...

She'd be totally up for swimming...

@DarkAngel The commonly available fuelless lamp has a Continual Flame spell cast inside a little focussing glassware bulb, placed inside a hooded hantern. These will cost 60 gold, and last until dispelled. It can shed bright light in 30 radius - or used as a bull's eye lantern, for a 60 narrow beam.

Edited by Acromos (see edit history)

@Acromos Awesome... but what about naturally occuring phenomenon

• 'Glow Rocks'... radiate weird colors like purple from the weird drow faerie world.
  • illuminous fungi ... like in Avatat, but underground... giant faerie forests of fungi !!!

If we are going magical, then Blueblood s going all out for some goggles to allow her to see with darkvision.

She'd totally get a bulls eye lantern too !!!

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

Rocks don't glow. But there are numerous strains of fungi, and similarly many insects and larvae that glow. You'd need rather a lot of them to create enough light to see by, though. Also, such fungi and creepy-crawlies are primarily found near certain sources of nutrients, and away from those nutrients, it'll need to be supplied by other means, or the glowy things will die.

There might be someone in the party who has knowledge of glowy - not to say explody - shrooms. Who knows?! oO

Wait .... I wrote an update. Where's my update? Maybe I wrote it, but never actually posted it. If so, it's still on my work pc. I'll find out tomorrow.

On 5/8/2024 at 6:07 PM, Acromos said:

@DarkAngel The commonly available fuelless lamp has a Continual Flame spell cast inside a little focussing glassware bulb, placed inside a hooded hantern. These will cost 60 gold, and last until dispelled. It can shed bright light in 30 radius - or used as a bull's eye lantern, for a 60 narrow beam.

If lighting is going to be an issue for all of us? then we will all need to acquire this lantern for 60 gold. Either that or a pair of night goggles each?

Edited by Dorik (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Acromos said:

Wait .... I wrote an update. Where's my update? Maybe I wrote it, but never actually posted it. If so, it's still on my work pc. I'll find out tomorrow.

Do you need to give an update on whether Panorin secured the deal for the pact keeper too? Venturing into the Maelstrom needs some explanation from the Wizard on what's involved for the rest of the party not just Panorin.

46 minutes ago, Dorik said:

Do you need to give an update on whether Panorin secured the deal for the pact keeper too? Venturing into the Maelstrom needs some explanation from the Wizard on what's involved for the rest of the party not just Panorin.

Yeah... Maelstrom sounds chaotic... Blueblood may do it for a nicer pair of Drow shoes to dance in soundlessly.

1 hour ago, Dorik said:

If lighting is going to be an issue for all of us? then we will all need to acquire this lantern for 60 gold. Either that or a pair of night goggles each?

All ... magic items ... are unique.

That's not to say you couldn't find some sort of solution. Eventually. But if you walk in to a store - any store, or any broker for that matter - and ask for 4-5 pieces of the same magic, you'll get laughed at. Magic items are unique. You don't get two that are the same. Except, like, a dagger +1.