Out of Character: The Barge

Gris

That is completely correct. The temple lost their ... holy hammer or whatever - due to a fued with the water temple - and now they need to make a new one. It has to be adamantine, and they don't have any, but they have plenty of ore.

You get the bag of holding, plus a cash reward. Which, for the sake of convenience, we'll set at half the price of the adamantium, which magically works out to 1000 gold each.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, Acromos said:

So .. I hope everyone has updated their character sheets.

Keep in mind, you have 412 gold to share now, but another 4700 will be yours when you reach Sinkhole. For a grand total of 5112 gold pieces. So any gear you feel you desperately need, you can buy there. Propably.

Remember, one of the precepts of this game is that magic items cannot be bought - except for the fact that maybe you can find a broker, and the easiest place to find a broker is Milliwent's Teahouse, in Ghazzad. Didn't I call it Milliwent's? Unclear, I'll have to check.

You should also ID Menthelius' sword, I don't think I've given you a description of it yet, right?

Also, make a not of any drow gear you decide to keep. It will stop being magic the moment it's touched by sunlight.

Kelia is taking fifty of the 412 gold if that is okay.

How many people in the party currently? Sinwen, Panorin, Blueblood, Kelia... have I missed anyone?

Just trying to work out how much each person would get if we split it.

Also, has the equipment been sold/money gotten yet, or are we still waiting on that?

4 minutes ago, Acromos said:

That is completely correct. The temple lost their ... holy hammer or whatever - due to a fued with the water temple - and now they need to make a new one. It has to be adamantine, and they don't have any, but they have plenty of ore.

You get the bag of holding, plus a cash reward. Which, for the sake of convenience, we'll set at half the price of the adamantium, which magically works out to 1000 gold each.

Oh nice, that is helpful! 😀

Is that information Kelia would know, or something that she will find out if/when the delivery has been made?

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, LDDragon said:

Kelia is taking fifty of the 412 gold if that is okay.

How many people in the party currently? Sinwen, Panorin, Blueblood, Kelia... have I missed anyone?

Just trying to work out how much each person would get if we split it.

Also, has the equipment been sold/money gotten yet, or are we still waiting on that?

Please don't ask my permission to spend your gold. The party splits the loot as you see fit =)

As far as I know, yes: Sinwen, Panorin, Blueblood and Kelia are the current party. So 103.

The drow loot is as yet unsold, but unless someone wants to, we're not going to RP it, so you can just calculate your part of that pile, and consider earning and spending as part of the same shopping trip.

12 minutes ago, LDDragon said:

Oh nice, that is helpful! 😀

Is that information Kelia would know, or something that she will find out if/when the delivery has been made?

That is something Kelia knows, and can inform the rest of. And ... I think the gold reward was originally a lot lower, but it still needs to be enough to be incentive to (potentially) return to Ghazzad.

10 minutes ago, Acromos said:

Please don't ask my permission to spend your gold. The party splits the loot as you see fit =)

As far as I know, yes: Sinwen, Panorin, Blueblood and Kelia are the current party. So 103.

The drow loot is as yet unsold, but unless someone wants to, we're not going to RP it, so you can just calculate your part of that pile, and consider earning and spending as part of the same shopping trip.

That is something Kelia knows, and can inform the rest of. And ... I think the gold reward was originally a lot lower, but it still needs to be enough to be incentive to (potentially) return to Ghazzad.

Ok great, thanks for the info! 😀

I know, some of you seem to love calculating prices, but can I just get my equipment from the sheet back without calculating every little detail. Like, is the a holesale adventurer provider whom you can give a lump of money and get all that's on the list without the fiddle calculation of copper pieces?

42 minutes ago, Gris said:

I know, some of you seem to love calculating prices, but can I just get my equipment from the sheet back without calculating every little detail. Like, is the a holesale adventurer provider whom you can give a lump of money and get all that's on the list without the fiddle calculation of copper pieces?

Um. Good question. If I understand you correctly, you're asking if the gear on your sheet - presumably from a DNDB generator - can be summed up to a neat GP value you can pay, and then be done with it.

I don't know, but I'll check. Wait here, I'll be right back.

Alright. The answer seems to be no. There are too many variables, classes and backgrounds give different amounts of gold or gp value. Urchin is 20, I guess your Bard starting gear is maybe worth 30? If 50 is fine with you, it's fine with me. I promise you, within a reasonable timeframe money will be ... of neglible concern.

OK... ms. Blueblood has thought about it... and she wants some nice female drow foot attire... whatever looks sexy and powerful !

Sooo... she's probably going to gravitate to and hunt down a female drow with the best taste in shoes !... and maybe steal her robes... leaving her tied up and severly whipped in an expensive hotel room... with no money !

Who's with me ?

I say we rob the drow as they will probably have the best stuff... and good info...

While this is something you're welcome to do, it's akin to snatching .. say, an american diplomat in a country that's both allied with, and afraid of, the americans.

This town has maybe 3000 souls. Hundreds of those are drow. It's one thing that they are the most powerful faction - on top of that, pretty much everyone would side with the drow out of common sense and survival instincts.

This would end with an insurmountable fight, very very quickly - and your characters know it. So .. from an RP perspective, you should consider your PC's motivations here.

I feel like we would be better off just proceeding with the mission. Messing with any of the drow seems likely to lead to mass retaliation.

Given that we are splitting money, pretty sure Blueblood could afford some fancy drow shoes, and clothing if desired.

Kelia will be buying at least two healing kits. Will adjust sheet and post in character later.

Also replacement longbow, and arrows.

Edited by LDDragon (see edit history)

On 4/27/2024 at 2:01 PM, Acromos said:

While this is something you're welcome to do, it's akin to snatching .. say, an american diplomat in a country that's both allied with, and afraid of, the americans.

This town has maybe 3000 souls. Hundreds of those are drow. It's one thing that they are the most powerful faction - on top of that, pretty much everyone would side with the drow out of common sense and survival instincts.

This would end with an insurmountable fight, very very quickly - and your characters know it. So .. from an RP perspective, you should consider your PC's motivations here.

spoil sport ... maybe there's a drow female shoe shop then

3 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

spoil sport ... maybe there's a drow female shoe shop then

The drow don't precisely mingle with the rabble - they have their own dock, their own little enclave with their own market, and so on. But you can go there and buy footwear, yes =)