-1 Performance
-1 Persuasion

Sarah Heart

"My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—
It gives a lovely light!"

Basic Information

Race: Variant Human | Sex: F | Class: Ranger 2 | Subclass: Hunter | Background: Custom Hero Folk | Age: 20 | Height: 5' 6" | Weight: 100 lb | Alignment: NG

Personality Trait

"The difference between the living and the dead is the ability to feel empathy. Also a beating pulse."

I judge people by their actions, not their words. If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.

Ideals

"I AM a monster hunter. I never said that I killed that ONE monster."

Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good) Sincerity. There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not. (Neutral)

Bonds

"I can only hope someone is taking good care of my parents, wherever they are."

I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again. I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaws

"HIC! ... one more."

The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed. I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Inventory

Weight Carrying capacity: 51/150 lb

spacer.png Coins 106 gp

spacer.png Hand Crossbow 3 lb, A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing - ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
2 Crossbow Bolt Case, 5 lb
Rapier 2 lb, A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing - finesse
Whip 3 lb, A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing - finesse, reach

spacer.png Studded Leather Armor 13 lb, AC 12 + 3 (Dex)
Traveler's clothes, 4 lb
Amulet of Saint Lady Heart, 1 lb

spacer.png Magic Item Description

spacer.png Pack Backpack, 5 lb. Bag of Holding, 15 lb (Alchemist's Supplies, Herbalism Kit, Cook's Utensils, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, Waterskin, 50 feet of hempen rope, Letter of introduction from Saint Lady Heart Abbey).

Traits

spacer.png Languages Common.

spacer.png Rustic Hospitality

Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

spacer.png Proficiency Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields.
Weapons: simple weapons, martial weapons.
Tools: herbalism kitProficiency with an herbalism kit allows you to identify plants and safely collect their useful elements.

Components. An herbalism kit includes pouches to store herbs, clippers and leather gloves for collecting plants, a mortar and pestle, and several glass jars.

Arcana. Your knowledge of the nature and uses of herbs can add insight to your magical studies that deal with plants and your attempts to identify potions.

Investigation. When you inspect an area overgrown with plants, your proficiency can help you pick out details and clues that others might miss.

Medicine. Your mastery of herbalism improves your ability to treat illnesses and wounds by augmenting your methods of care with medicinal plants.

Nature and Survival. When you travel in the wild, your skill in herbalism makes it easier to identify plants and spot sources of food that others might overlook.

Identify Plants. You can identify most plants with a quick inspection of their appearance and smell.

Herbalism Kit Activity DC
Find plants 15
Identify poison 20
, alchemist's suppliesAlchemist's supplies enable a character to produce useful concoctions, such as acid or alchemist's fire.

Components. alchemist's supplies include two glass beakers, a metal frame to hold a beaker in place over an open flame, a glass stirring rod, a small mortar and pestle, and a pouch of common alchemical ingredients, including salt, powdered iron, and purified water.

Arcana. Proficiency with alchemist's supplies allows you to unlock more information on Arcana checks involving potions and similar materials.

Investigation. When you inspect an area for clues, proficiency with alchemist's supplies grants additional insight into any chemicals or other substances that might have been used in the area.

Alchemical Crafting. You can use this tool proficiency to create alchemical items. A character can spend money to collect raw materials, which weigh 1 pound for every 50 gp spent. The DM can allow a character to make a check using the indicated skill with advantage. As part of a long rest, you can use alchemist's supplies to make one dose of acid, alchemist's fire, antitoxin, oil, perfume, or soap. Subtract half the value of the created item from the total gp worth of raw materials you are carrying.

Alchemist's Supplies Activity DC
Create a puff of thick smoke 10
Identify a poison 10
Identify a substance 15
Start a fire 15
Neutralize acid 20
, cook's utensilsThese special tools include the items needed to pursue a craft or trade. Proficiency with a set of artisan's tools lets you add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make using the tools in your craft. Each type of artisan's tools requires a separate proficiency.

Adventuring is a hard life. With a cook along on the journey, your meals will be much better than the typical mix of hardtack and dried fruit.

Components. Cook's utensils include a metal pot, knives, forks, a stirring spoon, and a ladle.

History. Your knowledge of cooking techniques allows you to assess the social patterns involved in a culture's eating habits.

Medicine. When administering treatment, you can transform medicine that is bitter or sour into a pleasing concoction.

Survival. When foraging for food, you can make do with ingredients you scavenge that others would be unable to transform into nourishing meals.

Prepare Meals. As part of a short rest, you can prepare a tasty meal that helps your companions regain their strength. You and up to five creatures of your choice regain 1 extra hit point per Hit Die spent during a short rest, provided you have access to your cook's utensils and sufficient food.

Cook's Utensils Activity DC
Create a typical meal 10
Duplicate a meal 10
Spot poison or impurities in food 15
Create a gourmet meal 15

Crossbow Expert Thanks to extensive practice with the crossbow, you gain the following benefits:
• You ignore the loading quality of crossbows with which you are proficient.
• Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
• When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.

Favored Enemy Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy. Choose a type of favored enemy: undead. Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them. When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.

Natural Explorer You are particularly familiar with one type of natural environment and are adept at traveling and surviving in such regions. Choose one type of favored terrain: grassland. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you're proficient in. While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:
Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel.
Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Fighting Style Archery: You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.

Spellcasting Spell Slots: 1 ■□
Spells Known: entangleEntangle

1st-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 90 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Grasping weeds and vines sprout from the ground in a 20-foot square starting from a point within range. For the duration, these plants turn the ground in the area into difficult terrain.

A creature in the area when you cast the spell must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the entangling plants until the spell ends. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself.

When the spell ends, the conjured plants wilt away.
, hunter's markHunter's Mark

1st-level divination
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components: V
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You choose a creature you can see within range and mystically mark it as your quarry. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to the target whenever you hit it with a weapon attack, and you have advantage on any Wisdom (Perception) or Wisdom (Survival) check you make to find it. If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to mark a new creature.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd or 4th level, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 8 hours. When you use a spell slot of 5th level or higher, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 24 hours.
Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom
Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus 2 + your Wisdom modifier 2
Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus 2 + your Wisdom modifier 2

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)

Character Creation

Character Creation Requirements

Starting Level: 2
Ability Scores: Standard Array.
Equipment: Starting equipment for class + 100 gp to be spent/saved as seen fit on mundane items.
Allowed Sources: 5th Edition Players Handbook, 5th Edition DM's Guide. I want to explore the 5th edition core books in more depth, and perhaps in later games we can open up to other sources.
As noted in the Players Handbook, you can create custom backgrounds. The ones provided in the book are meant to be samples, but aren't meant to preclude you from creating something else!
Please feel free to use the "Customize your Lineage" rules to assign your +2 and +1 scores across your main stats as you see fit. Having to pick a race that bends your character concept just so you can get a +2 in the right place is dumb. Go ahead and be a charismatic half-orc, or an elf with a strong constitution.
I would prefer to start with interesting character concepts, and then work out the mechanics of those characters. In each character's application please include:

Character's Name, Age, and Profession

Sarah Heart, 20, Monster Hunter

Character Stats: Doesn't have to be a full character sheet, but it should cover generalities such as race/species, class, ability scores, starting spells, and background.

Variant human, hunter ranger, Str 10, Dex 15+1, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 13+1, Cha 8, spells, variant folk hero.

Portrait: A picture speaks 1,000 words.

https://storage.googleapis.com/pai-images/347b92c9bd704e78acb006c665c992f2.jpeg (to be edited)

Physical Description (1-2 paragraphs)

Sarah is a redheaded woman who dresses in dark leather. Her yellow eyes feel almost supernatural looking. She's average height and weight, never standing from the crowd. She likes to keep her luxurious hair loose under normal circumstances, but tie them back to a knot during a mission.

Personality (1-2 paragraphs): Why did your character apply for a mercenary company? What motivates them to get out of bed each morning? What are their quirks, their fears, their flaws, what makes them intriguing regardless of the situation? What challenges them and what do they in turn challenge? Please don't just copy snippets from the Bonds/Flaws/Ideals block of the PHB.

Sarah is a victim of tragedy. She experienced pain, desperation, desolation in first degree. There's a kind of trauma you can never overcome, but that you can learn to live around it. She dedicated her life to learn how to face and fight the horrors that inhabit the world so that they could never do harm again. Not on her watch. She does get recognition for her deeds, but that's not what she is after. What drives her is the very existence of evil lurking in every shadow. And perhaps it's more effective to cut it by the roots. That's why she decided to join the company heading west.

Background (7-12, Knives Approach): Give 7-12 knives, found HERE. These are bullet points, quick 1-2 sentence descriptions to give the hook, not a full essay. Long, drawn out backstories aren't as useful to a GM as emotional "loose ends". Remember that the character needs a motivation to take part in whatever the specific game's story/theme is.

A named person your character cares about, living or dead (e.g. sibling, spouse, childhood friend): The abbot father Jerome.
A phobia or trauma your character has experienced: the hamlet she was born was attacked by undead when she was 5.
A mystery in your character's life (e.g. unknown parents, unexplained powers): parents unkown, but unique eye color runs in the family, probably a family of monster hunters like Castlevania's families (Belmont, Belnades, Danasty ...).
An enemy your character has: Probably a BBEG behind the attack to the hamlet. It was not a random act. They intended on erasing Sarah's family from the living, but she survived. They might be after her. More might have survived too. Or perhaps a parent has been turned vampire? Oh, the irony!
Any discrimination experienced (e.g. fantasy racism): Being a woman isn't easy, specially in medieval times. Even though she is a renowned monster hunter, she usually has to prove who she is to small brained people.
A secret your character is keeping: the source of her fame is a lie, since she didn't kill a vampire or necromancer, but a cursed man.
A vice: Sarah likes to drink heavy and live on today. No strings attached. She can't make sure the people she care about will stay living.

What do you expect from this game?

I play RPG since I was 11. I'm now 38. That's a long 27 years of roleplaying. I absolutely love the idea of living multiple lives as many characters as possible. I like immersive gameplay, but above all a gameplay that is enjoyable for everyone.

What do you expect from me (The GM?)

I expect you to make mistakes from time to time. You are only human, and not even variant to get a hold of a nice feat. I also expect you to try and keep things balanced between players. We all do our part to get along and have fun together, but one thing that kills the mood is a favorite.

What do you expect from other players?

Playing by post is very hard because written words can't carry the tone of the voice. Something we say calmly can be taken as a shout or a complain. I expect people to just be open. If they ever feel like I'm stepping on their shoes, just point it out and we will solve it. And I'll show the same courtesy towards them.

Race, Background, Class

Abilities

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8

Race

Human (Variant) - Custom Lineage

Ability Scores: Dex +1, Wis +1

Size: Medium

Speed: 30 ft.

Size: Medium, 5'6"

Languages: Common.

Tool: Herbalism KitProficiency with an herbalism kit allows you to identify plants and safely collect their useful elements.

Components. An herbalism kit includes pouches to store herbs, clippers and leather gloves for collecting plants, a mortar and pestle, and several glass jars.

Arcana. Your knowledge of the nature and uses of herbs can add insight to your magical studies that deal with plants and your attempts to identify potions.

Investigation. When you inspect an area overgrown with plants, your proficiency can help you pick out details and clues that others might miss.

Medicine. Your mastery of herbalism improves your ability to treat illnesses and wounds by augmenting your methods of care with medicinal plants.

Nature and Survival. When you travel in the wild, your skill in herbalism makes it easier to identify plants and spot sources of food that others might overlook.

Identify Plants. You can identify most plants with a quick inspection of their appearance and smell.

Herbalism Kit Activity DC
Find plants 15
Identify poison 20

Skills: Medicine

Feat: Crossbow ExpertThanks to extensive practice with the crossbow, you gain the following benefits:
* You ignore the loading quality of crossbows with which you are proficient.
* Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
* When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand crossbow you are holding.

Background

Custom Folk Hero

Skill Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Survival

Tool Proficiencies: Two tools Alchemist's SuppliesAlchemist's supplies enable a character to produce useful concoctions, such as acid or alchemist's fire.

Components. alchemist's supplies include two glass beakers, a metal frame to hold a beaker in place over an open flame, a glass stirring rod, a small mortar and pestle, and a pouch of common alchemical ingredients, including salt, powdered iron, and purified water.

Arcana. Proficiency with alchemist's supplies allows you to unlock more information on Arcana checks involving potions and similar materials.

Investigation. When you inspect an area for clues, proficiency with alchemist's supplies grants additional insight into any chemicals or other substances that might have been used in the area.

Alchemical Crafting. You can use this tool proficiency to create alchemical items. A character can spend money to collect raw materials, which weigh 1 pound for every 50 gp spent. The DM can allow a character to make a check using the indicated skill with advantage. As part of a long rest, you can use alchemist's supplies to make one dose of acid, alchemist's fire, antitoxin, oil, perfume, or soap. Subtract half the value of the created item from the total gp worth of raw materials you are carrying.

Alchemist's Supplies Activity DC
Create a puff of thick smoke 10
Identify a poison 10
Identify a substance 15
Start a fire 15
Neutralize acid 20
, Cook's UtensilsThese special tools include the items needed to pursue a craft or trade. Proficiency with a set of artisan's tools lets you add your proficiency bonus to any ability checks you make using the tools in your craft. Each type of artisan's tools requires a separate proficiency.

Adventuring is a hard life. With a cook along on the journey, your meals will be much better than the typical mix of hardtack and dried fruit.

Components. Cook's utensils include a metal pot, knives, forks, a stirring spoon, and a ladle.

History. Your knowledge of cooking techniques allows you to assess the social patterns involved in a culture's eating habits.

Medicine. When administering treatment, you can transform medicine that is bitter or sour into a pleasing concoction.

Survival. When foraging for food, you can make do with ingredients you scavenge that others would be unable to transform into nourishing meals.

Prepare Meals. As part of a short rest, you can prepare a tasty meal that helps your companions regain their strength. You and up to five creatures of your choice regain 1 extra hit point per Hit Die spent during a short rest, provided you have access to your cook's utensils and sufficient food.

Cook's Utensils Activity DC
Create a typical meal 10
Duplicate a meal 10
Spot poison or impurities in food 15
Create a gourmet meal 15

Equipment: A set of artisan's tools (one of your choice, Alchemist's Supplies), a letter of introduction from your guild, a set of traveler's clothes, and a belt pouch containing 15 gp

Feature: Rustic Hospitality

Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

Specialty: I stood alone against a terrible monster.

Personality Trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words. If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.

Ideal: Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good) Sincerity. There's no good in pretending to be something I'm not. (Neutral)

Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again. I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed. I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Class

Ranger

Hit Points: 20 = 12 + 8. Hit Dice: 1d10

Proficiencies

Armor: light armor, medium armor, shields

Weapons: simple weapons, martial weapons

Tools: none

Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

Skills: Insight, Perception, Stealth

Starting Equipment
You start with the following items, plus anything provided by your background.

(a) scale mail
(b) two light crossbows
(b) an explorer's pack
A longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows

Favored Enemy

Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy.

Choose a type of favored enemy: undead.

Advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.

When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.

Natural Explorer

You are particularly familiar with one type of natural environment and are adept at traveling and surviving in such regions. Choose one type of favored terrain: grassland. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom check related to your favored terrain, your proficiency bonus is doubled if you are using a skill that you're proficient in.

While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:

Difficult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel.
Your group can't become lost except by magical means.
Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Fighting Style

Archery: You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots: 1 ■□

Spells Known: entangle1st-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

Grasping weeds and vines sprout from the ground in a 20-foot square starting from a point within range. For the duration, these plants turn the ground in the area into difficult terrain.

A creature in the area when you cast the spell must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be restrained by the entangling plants until the spell ends. A creature restrained by the plants can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. On a success, it frees itself.

When the spell ends, the conjured plants wilt away.
, hunter's mark1st-level divination
Casting Time: 1 bonus action
Components: V
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You choose a creature you can see within range and mystically mark it as your quarry. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 damage to the target whenever you hit it with a weapon attack, and you have advantage on any Wisdom (Perception) or Wisdom (Survival) check you make to find it. If the target drops to 0 hit points before this spell ends, you can use a bonus action on a subsequent turn of yours to mark a new creature.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd or 4th level, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 8 hours. When you use a spell slot of 5th level or higher, you can maintain your concentration on the spell for up to 24 hours.

Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom

Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus 2 + your Wisdom modifier 2

Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus 2 + your Wisdom modifier 2

Equipment Economy

Starting

Alchemist's Supplies
a letter of introduction from your guild
a set of traveler's clothes
belt pouch containing 15 gp

scale mail
two light crossbows
an dungeoneer's pack
A longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows

100 gp

Bag of Holding

Net Coins: 115 gp

Selling

Scale mail 50 gp

light crossbow 25 gp x 2 = 50 gp

dungeoneer's pack 12 gp

longbow 50 gp

20 arrows 1 gp

Net Coins: 278 gp

Buying

Studded Leather Armor 45 gp

Rapier 25 gp

Whip 2 gp

Hand Crossbow 75 gp x 1 = 75 gp

Crossbow Bolt Case + 20 Bolts 2 gp x2 = 4 gp

Herbalism Kit 5 gp

Cook's Utensils 1 gp

Holy Amulet 5 gp

Explorer's pack 10 gp

Net Coins: 106 gp

Final Equipment

Studded Leather Armor, 13 lb, AC 12 + Dex 3

Rapier, 2 lb, 1d8 piercing - finesse

Whip, 3 lb, 1d4 slashing - finesse, reach

Hand Crossbow, 3 lb, 1d6 piercing - ammunition (30/120 ft.), light, loading

2x Crossbow Full Bolt Case, 2.5 lb

Traveler's clothes, 4 lb

Amulet of Saint Lady Heart, 1 lb

Backpack, 5 lb

Bag of Holding, 15 lb

Alchemist's Supplies, 8 lb

Herbalism Kit, 3 lb

Poisoner's Kit, 2 lb

Bedroll, 7 lb

Mess kit, 1 lb

Tinderbox, 1 lb

10 torches, 1 lb

10 days of rations, 2 lb

Waterskin, 5 lb

50 feet of hempen rope, 10 lb

Letter of introduction from Saint Lady Heart Abbey

Coins: 57 gp

Backstory

Story

Sarah was born in a peaceful hamlet of no more than 200 people. Everybody knew everybody. There was little to zero criminality and no militia. The hamlet was led by a council of the heads of the five major families. She remembers vaguely her grandmother being one of them. What she trully remembers and keeps to the heart was all the time with her father and mother in the gardens, doing gardening and learning about all kinds of herbs, flowers, fungi, leaves, roots, vines and so on. The colors, shapes and smells engraved deep in her mind, so much that they mix with her very parents faces.

She was only five years old when evil stroke the hamlet. Chaos and fire engulfed the wooden buildings. Screams and smoke traveled through the air, alerting others to the dangers lurking and marching. She remembers seeing her parents arming themselves and giving her to a serf so she could escape. She remembers many known faces being attacked to death, eaten alive, blood spilling. The monsters should be dead, but weren't. The putrid and foul smell was a testimony of the unearthly nature of the attackers. Finally the serf was caught and Sarah fell to the side of the escape road, rolling down a slope in the woods and vanishing from sight.

These faces are now but a blur, a fragment of memory. Her own family name and faces, she has trouble remembering. They are never clear enough to get a picture. She only get glimpses of a stroke of hair, a chin, the sweet smile on her mother's lips, the hardworking hands of her father, but never the whole picture.

Some time later, a pilgrim found the girl. He took her with him and carried her to the Abbey of the Saint Lady Heart. Due to her young age and not remembering her family name, she was baptized as Sarah Heart, after the saint patroness of the abbey. She wasn't the only orphan kid in there. And all kids had to study and to work. In Sarah's case, her liking to the earth made it easier for her to find her fit. She worked the land in the morning and attended school in the afternoon.

But the nightmares wouldn't let her rest. She would countless times wake up in the night screaming. Father Jerome, the abbot, thought carefully about her case, and finally concluded that there was no treatment for her case unless she faced her demons. She was moved from the civilian side of the abbey and into the military side, where the acolites would train. The Abbey of Saint Lady Heart used to brew clerics, paladins and evil hunters alike. Her classes changed to learning about the creatures of the night and how to properly fight them.

The nightmares never really gave away, and eventually she reached an age of rebellion. She couldn't stand it anymore, and despite she was very thankful to all the years and care and teachings at the abbey, she had to leave to breath and live her life. She traveled the land and decided to stay at a small village. She sought work and a place to stay. It wasn't hard considering she was a young pretty woman at the peak of her blossoming. It didn't mean people would do harm to her, but that they would be extra helpful for no reason. Soon she learned that the village was governed by a tyrant at the keep in the hill. The village was also haunted by undead creatures that would raise from time to time. It didn't take much for Sarah to connect the dots, and after defending the folk from some zombies, she dashed to the keep to face the greater evil she thought to be a vampire or a necromancer. She did slay the tyrant noble, but he was neither a vampire nor a necromancer. He was indeed cursed, and by killing him, she cleased the land from the raising of undead. The whole town really thought she fought a vampire lord, a necromancer, and so much more. The truth she kept as a secret.

Now she's a famous monster hunter known by the name Sarah Heart. She's still looking for her family, albeit she doesn't even remember where the hamlet was settled. In the meanwhile, she pursuing the calling to save as many people as she can by preemptively destroying evil wherever it is.

spacer.pngSarah Heart

Variant Human Hunter Ranger 2 | Coins 106 gp
HP 20/20 | AC 15 | Init +3 | PP 14 | Speed 30 ft | DV 0 ft
Hand Crossbow A:+7 D:1d6+3 piercing T:ammunition 40 (30/120 ft.), light, loading
Rapier A:+5 D:1d8+3 piercing T:finesse Whip A:+5 D:1d4+3 slashing T:finesse, reach
Inspiration 0d6 | Spells 1 ■□

Description. Thoughts "Speech."