Discussion

Oh, silly me, i forgot that Biara can see through smoke/fog/obscuring mist etc. Wont help much with scouting, unless we stumble somewhere with heavy fog, it's mostly meant to give her miss chance, she does have good perception score

13 hours ago, Rudra said:

Biara was stat agnostic, I had to pick a mental stat, liked int for skills(she is very old) but didn't fit my vision of the character, I also didn't see her as charismatic so the only choice was wisdom, not that she's terribly wise but I image it as being a mix of experience, instinct and mental fortitude.

Edit. @Phechan before answering Olympia question about what she does I would like to know your opinion.

From biara point of view Eosi is her owner(not yet wielder) biara change hands under 3 circumstances :

1 the owner is killed and she go to the killer

2 the owner willingly gift her to someone else

3 when lost/abandoned the first who pick her up become the new owner.

Eosi fall in the 3rd group, biara was unclaimed, they fought, she lost, he picked her up.

The way Eosi behave, he seem unlikely to share biara vision of their relationship, am I correct?

I am now awake—good morning! Eosi kinda understands master/familiar relationships, but not overly well. He's spent several centuries being part of a democratic, invulnerable community that could be capricious or generous, depending on the mood. He definitely doesn't understand Biara's perspective in the slightest.

Olympia has a decent Perception score (side benefit of having a trade tradition, it means Perception's an auto-class skill, presumably so everybody doesn't end up only taking talents that have it :P ) and darkvision but not much else on the perception side. She's also got a good Stealth bonus for obvious reasons but not much other bonus there either (surprisingly, making herself weigh almost nothing with Body Control doesn't seem to give a stealth bonus), but given the opportunity she can organize a distraction to either a) give herself and everyone within 30 ft +4 to Stealth and/or Sleight of hand for a turn or b) let herself and/or anybody she can see reroll one of those checks instead. She just has to kinda plausibly have had the opportunity to set it up.

As far as ranged options Olympia doesn't have a whole lot of non-magical options, though she can fire a crossbow or two if she gets hold of one. Mostly she's got destructive blasts or Magnetize. I think Magnetize is probably still subject to SR, if only on the logic that most people are not magnetic so I've gotta be doing something to them. (And Magnetize relies on having loose metal objects around. Granted, on a spaceship going all Event Horizon that's probably not too hard to find. Otherwise I can think about finding some disposable weapons to huck at people since I'm pretty sure Biara wouldn't appreciate it.)

12 hours ago, Mister Doctor said:

I definitely need to see how my various ancillaries actually shake out. Some of these builds might not actually work when strapped to a cohort without class features to back them up and bridge the effectiveness gap. The only real conceptual gap I've seen in our party is for a mundane ranged combatant which, at the very least, the GETE should cover in spades... granted I'm not intimately familiar with spheres enough to get a full read on everything at a glance. From what I've seen we've got healers, blasters, brawlers, buffing, and control, divided up among the other characters pretty solidly. We just need some people who can pull a trigger all day.

Most of the various ancillaries worked fairly well at their job based on my playtesting pre-selections, although they'll never obviously reach the same degree of efficiency at their job as a single character built specifically for a given role. Still, GETE's biggest strength is being a one paracausal entity army that's able to lay down the law with suppressing fire, being able to throw multiple semi-expendable bodies at a given task when necessary, and having a great deal of non-magical flexibility.

10 hours ago, Rudra said:

Now that i think about it, what about senses/scouting? Biara doesnt have any special sense(unless you count her carrion eater sense, can smell corpses and badly wounded people, i dont know if it apply to undead too)

I'm almost 100% certain Paizo ruled that most corporeal undead count as corpses for the purposes of Carrion Eater and we'll operate under that assumption unless an official ruling can be found that contradicts it.

Also, I'm really enjoying both the in-character reactions I'm seeing and these fun 'what if' scenarios being discussed. I will admit that the idea of Spark sprinkling fairy dust on GETE and turning them into an entire harem of high CHA heartthrobs gave me quite a chuckle.

2 minutes ago, Saberfan said:

Also, I'm really enjoying both the in-character reactions I'm seeing and these fun 'what if' scenarios being discussed. I will admit that the idea of Spark sprinkling fairy dust on GETE and turning them into an entire harem of high CHA heartthrobs gave me quite a chuckle.

main-qimg-344ee8f26e710572aa61871ba1060bb1.webp.c702f1bb6f326476be688f1cdb9eb1bc.webp

Spark's endgame is to build herself a hyperviolent version of the Ouran Host Club.

Edited by AdellRazh (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

Make them women, just to make Eosi look like the main character of a harem anime😂

Seeing as he's shaping up to be an asexual played by a gay guy, I'm all for this 🤣

Spark (aromantic) turns GETE (nonsexual) into a fake harem of buxom anime ladies for Eosi (asexual).

Spark does a dramatic villain pose, complete with hand raised to the sky and an ominous flash of lightning. "Wa-ha-haa! The allos will never see us coming! With this, we shall take over the world!"

A plan so dumb, it's brilliant!

Edited by AdellRazh (see edit history)

Out of curiousity, is GETE having multiple ancillaries that can be traded out to fill rolls a normal feature of the Leadership sphere/Collective archetype, or is it something you worked out with the GM?

So... the Leadership Sphere has a feature called 'contacts' where you dismiss an active cohort but remain in contact with them. They're easier and faster to re-recruit than starting from scratch and you can maintain a total number of contacts equal to double your practitioner modifier... I just reflavored it a bit as keeping them in tubes of preserving goop back on base when not in use.

Edit: Section in question (confusingly not titled 'contacts')

Edited by Mister Doctor (see edit history)

For those following along at home, this means the GETE has three routes of replenishing its cohorts

1. Normal cohort recruiting, (ie making a check against the DC).
  2. Using 'Volunteers' from the collective wraith abilities which lets me turn one of my followers into a cohort when resting to regain spell points. This increases their HD up to my current leadership max.
  3. Re-engaging one of my contacts, though they may have to travel to the current operational area.

I'm probably not going to use option 1 because it's a bit ethically iffy to induct unknowing outsiders into an individuality destroying hive mind. Option 3 is mostly being used to maintain operational flexibility and may not be practical in the field. Option 2 is likely what the GETE will be using to reinforce in the field, as they will be bringing some followers along on most operations. I'll also probably be limiting myself a bit when using as an aesthetic choice... maybe by limiting my options to modified Flex units when bootstrapping a follower up into a cohort