Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

Tom finds Two at the collapsed portion of the dorms. The spindly robot is taking holographic images of the damage and comparing them to holographic images of the undamaged rooms. Tom gets a text, -*Use your sword to clear the debris*- it reads.

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom reads the text and says, "As you wish. Remember that? Princess Bride." He activates his sword and it unfolds in but a moment and he starts slicing as directed.

OoC: Tom watches way too much tv with the Robobuddies.

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

image.jpeg.f968ff1451d37dd516ad120ce15a300a.jpegLinden Olney (Babel)

Linden follows Aria into the place where the prisoner and the suit of armor are being held. He stands there a moment, perhaps a few longer moments than most people would, as if he were taking in the atmosphere. In truth, that is exactly what he is doing.

A few deep breaths... Hello, he begins. I know much about you already, but I'd like you to tell me more. Specifically:

Where is the Essence Sniffer you used to find this place?

What Nephilim are you aware of in Sovereign City?

Where did your transport craft go after leaving you here?

Does your group know your mission was a failure, and what will their next steps be?

Linden takes a bit of a break while the Templar is answering the questions and wanders near to the armor. This is fascinating, such a technologically sophisticated thing, right here in front of me. Almost absentmindedly he says, I wonder who built this? And how? It almost seems more advanced than anything anyone else has. It couldn't possible be... aliens? No, certainly not...

When Linden asks his first question, the Templar's eyes widen. He was obviously not expecting that question.

1 hour ago, Varuna said:

Where is the Essence Sniffer you used to find this place?

His mouth opens and he begins to speak as his glare returns. "The sniffer is on the transport. It works within 10 miles. There are smaller ones but the range is greatly reduced. We did not need another one besides the one on the transport once we found this place."

1 hour ago, Varuna said:

What Nephilim are you aware of in Sovereign City?

"The Dino Girl, the man with the sword, the girl with the voice, the man who sculpts matter, Superion, the girl who controls earth, the man merged with technology, a small group of illusionists but we don't know how many they are, a large green monster, a teleporter assassin and we suspect a man whose intellect has quadrupled. We also suspect more, but many of them have not made the news."

1 hour ago, Varuna said:

Where did your transport craft go after leaving you here?

"If they held to the plan, they were going to the base in Florida to refuel and return to our different bases. Before you ask, I do not know where the rest of them are from. We do not discuss such things."

1 hour ago, Varuna said:

Does your group know your mission was a failure, and what will their next steps be?

"By now, most assuredly." He says. Linden makes his way to the dead man in his suit of 'armor'.

1 hour ago, Varuna said:

I wonder who built this? And how? It almost seems more advanced than anything anyone else has. It couldn't possible be... aliens? No, certainly not...

The armor replies to Linden. "I am great! I was created by Templar Masters. The Masters are masters. They know more than anyone, even all of the great tech companies from all over the world. Unlike those bulky suits of powered armor, I allow for better range of motion. My wearer can move freely to both strike and avoid being hit! Well, I guess I did fail my wearer when he bit down on the poison tooth. I was not designed to protect him from such things.

Ten miles was just to much. Despite what the others thought, Kylie did not believe the Templars would make much effort to keep "normals" out of a fight, especially when her friends would not just stand by. "Does anything stop the sniffers from being able to sniff? Like Superman can't see through lead."

On 4/6/2024 at 12:03 AM, Papa Bear said:

The armor replies to Linden. "I am great! I was created by Templar Masters. The Masters are masters. They know more than anyone, even all of the great tech companies from all over the world. Unlike those bulky suits of powered armor, I allow for better range of motion. My wearer can move freely to both strike and avoid being hit! Well, I guess I did fail my wearer when he bit down on the poison tooth. I was not designed to protect him from such things.

Ah, Linden replies sympathetically, it's difficult to consider every eventuality. He appears to be talking to himself as he inspects and goes over the armor carefully. I'm sure you did your best. Where were you built? Also, I understand you don't carry your own power source? Is that correct? What can you tell me about that? Since your large transport vehicle has left, I wonder if you aren't in a bit of trouble right now.

After interacting with the armor for a bit another question for Karl comes to Linden's mind. He returns to the captive and asks, How will the Templars attempt to recover their base in this city? Surely the meteor site is too visible now? It's not like you can recapture it and go back to secrecy. The cat is out of that particular bag. You wouldn't do anything drastic, like blowing it up, would you?

Edited by Varuna (see edit history)

"I was built in a Templar Facility by the Templar Masters!" the armor replies. "But you are mistaken. I have a small powersource. I do not have many systems that require power. My wearers are much more skilled. But still, I have blasters, comms, and a H.U.D. system that requires power to enhances my wearer's efficiency." When Linden asks about being left behind, it bristles and replies, "They'll get nothing from me! Name Rank and Serial Number. I'll tell my captors nothing, nothing I tell you!"

When Linden begins asking about the Templar base. "Recovery of the Templar base is above my pay grade. But the base is lost now and the thieves who stole it are keeping the Essence and Templar operations secret... for now. So it is likely the base will be abandoned. But many Nephilim have escaped and must be put down."

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngAs Kennedy helps Tom and Dos clear rubble Tom tells Kennedy when she grabs a large piece of rubble, "You are the Brute Squad!" and waits for Dos to comment on his Princess Bride quote.

OoC: This scene is meant to annoy Kennedy and create a bonding moment with Dos, even if it is two younger dorky brothers teaming up to annoy their Big Sis.

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Linden looks over the suit admiringly. Well, you certainly seem very competent and powerful. I must imagine you are the top of the line armor the Templars can create. Surely there is nothing larger nor more capable than you, right?

To the captive he says, Escaped? There were Nephilim in your Sovereign City base being held captive? Who were they, and what were their abilities? Is it usual practice to keep captives in your bases?

"There were no Nephilim in the base. They have been extinct for hundreds of years now but the release of the Essence has created them anew, like those here, the Dino Girl, the swordsman, the Voice, and the White-maker." Linden remembers the 'white out' several months back when a group of villains attacked a hospital and everything turned completely white; the building, the grounds, the combatants... everything turned white. You could barely see anything going on from the cameras on the helicopters.

-*Of course, I am the Greatest! Even among my kind! Other armors are too light, others too heavy and restricting, and the big, bulky powered ones in which the wearer must have power to even move. If my power source goes low, my wearer still has 80% functionality!*- the armor shouts triumphantly at Linden.

Truly your capabilities are without equal! Linden tells the suit. It sounds like you are the pinnacle of Templar technology. Tell me, how do you compare to that flying vehicle that delivered you here? I'm sure that machine is quick remarkable!

-*Of course, it is a flying vehicle and I am a combat suit. So obviously I am way cooler than it is!*-  The suit of armor tells Linden. -*But for a vehicle it is pretty cool. It can hold up to 8 troops and flies very, very fast with a cloaking device. I don't need a cloaking device because my wearers are very skilled at stealth.*-