Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

You are lounging around in the common area, probably avoiding real responsibility out 'in the real world', listening to music and watching a movie... or rather, the movie is just running in the background. Suddenly, One rushes into the room,

"We -kzzk- are compromised." One says with an uncharacteristic twitching of its arms. "Security systems -kzzk- down. I am picking up multiple -kzzk- intruders but they are -kzzk- like ghosts. I can't -kzzk- tell which are real. -kzzk- Two and Three are investigat..."

Then One shuts down, flopping over onto its side.

OOC: The base has never been fully detailed out and that is fine. We know there is a kitchen, bedrooms for each of you, a common room, the control room and a garage / workstation. There can be several other things and we can just make them up as we go. How do you respond to this breach of security?

This was not the cops, that Kylie was sure. Now was it the templars or the army. She thought the former. To take down Cameron's security took a level of sophistication she felt the government hadn't had time to develop yet. In hopes it was a scrambling signal shutting down Z and tries throwing up a counter screen.

Name
roll
1d100 45

image.png.ad71973fd8119f1aa35c6ffafbcf18bd.pngAsleep. Dead asleep. With her ability to metabolize toxins it takes a lot for Kennedy to get stoned. A pound of pot and enough Jack Daniels to wipe out a bachelor party. Before she died, there probably would have been cocaine too, but since she crawled out of the grave it just gave her a skull-cracking migraine for about five minutes.

What was that noise? Where was she?

Oh yes. "The Compound"

Cameron was strangely enthusiastic about some parts of this hero shtick and disinterested in other parts. Had to build a base, a secret base, with work out rooms and living spaces and a TV Lounge and ... And yes, Kennedy had sort of gotten 'into' the idea of building it. Good workout for her strength and figuring out things like what materials could possibly cut her.

But then he spent the rest of his time in the junkyard. It felt like he was ducking her calls. And Kennedy needed him, or someone, back in the field with her. All she could do was break things. If this team was going to work, they needed someone who could fix things. Someone that could lead them.

What were the other choices? A homeless swashbuckler from Mars or a teenager with enough troubles just growing up without all this hero stuff.

Alarms. Still going. Where were her pants? Oh. Got 'em.

Barefoot and still pulling her shirt on over her head, Kennedy stumbles towards the main room.

OOC: duh, how did I miss that roll???

Kylie has no way of knowing if her count- signals were working except that Z had not come back online... But there were a number of reasons for that, to say nothing of the fact that even Cameron didn't know how the three robots had come to life in the first place. All any of them could guess was that it was the same whatever that had given them their powers.

Kennedy stumbles into the room as her splitting headache was quickly recovering. The last thing One had said was that the other two robots were investigating but with One offline, it was reasonable to assume Two and Three were also offline.

Other than the robots, there was no one else there as they had no staff. Tom Hawk had gotten an apartment and job in town so was rarely around and Cameron had gone to a conference or something but his schedule was to be back by now. But with those kinds of things often go longer with the networking that goes on afterwards.

Kylie was highly annoyed that noone else seemed to take this seriously. "Did we gloss over the multiple intruders part?! Stop playing cute with the robots and do something!"

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35 

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom asks Kylie, "What intruders?" He wears an expression of genuine perplexity. He seriously has no idea what she is talking about, but he starts getting an uneasy feeling in his stomach and begins activating his costume hidden in his girdle.

OoC: He suits up and is ready to hunt down these intruders.

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

image.png.21b90d2b628d9946da90126fac2b1233.png"Step one, everybody stop shouting." Kennedy growled as she strode over to the security panel.

The screens were blank or static, that was obvious at a glance. Mumbling under her breath, recalling Cameron's instructions to mind, Kennedy tries to clear the jammer or retake control of the monitoring program. Failing that, shut it off. If the invaders have actually taken control then they can pinpoint Kennedy and the rest. Can't have that.

"Hawk, stand by." Kennedy points a finger at him, hoping to stop him from running off on his own.

"Aria." Kennedy hopes everyone understands she is using code names in case the enemy already has them on surveillance. "Can you sing out like a bat? Echolocation? I seem to recall something coming over about Ghosts as I was waking up. If they are invisible, let's find out how invisible."

Code Names : I am still having a little bit of fun with Kennedy refusing to choose a "Hero Name" for herself. Y'all can call her Dino-Girl, like the news does. Kennedy grumbles about it, but it might end up sticking. Personally, "Roughtrade" is rather my shtick, and I have a RT variation in most game systems except the fantasy genres. Just doesn't fit them.

Figuring that the gang has been more active than we have, so to speak, there are some names I have tossed around in my head.

Elerium. Cameron detected rare subatomic particles which Kennedy emits. He has suggested it, Kennedy grunted and walked away.

Hitter, Hit Girl, some variation on that could have been suggested or used by the papers. In the same vein, Power Punch, Punch Drunk, Punch Princess, Power Girl, Powered Up, Blondeshell, Bash Babe... Basically a violent noun or verb followed by a variation of "Girl" "Babe" or "Chick" Points for matching first letter.

Or, when a situation occurs where they go to code names, someone comes up with one for Kennedy and they use it for that scenario. I kind of like this.

I am assuming the base has some sort of monitoring system. I'd imagine Cameron has some way of tagging our locations inside the base, as well as the robots. System down, so it's a roll to try and reactivate/clear the glitch. Not her strong suite.

Reason=20 - 69 is solid into Green. For two Karma, I can make it a Yellow. I would do that.

If it makes a difference, Kennedy has Poor Darkvision. Five Areas.

Name
Get Security Working
1d100 69

"I can create and control, I can't detect so can't echolocate." That was a good idea Kylie haadn't thought of. She might have to work on that. But there were far more pressing issues.