Intruder (RP; everyone at Cameron's Base - Probably not Linden unless someone invites him)

Papa Bear

Once back into an area more clear of smoke, Kennedy can see the man is indeed dressed as a Templar, similar to the Lieutenant she fought before. She quickly disarms him of his weapons. When she drops him on the ground, she can see he is frothing at the mouth. It becomes obvious rather quickly that the old spy movie/story trope of the poison tooth was something the Templars did ... But they didn't do that before. Something must be different about this mission...

Kennedy JonesKennedy looks at the corpse and frowns. “We’ll, that was stupid.”

She drops the body and looks about. If Hawk has not lifted the debris off of Three then Kennedy clears it away. She looks about at the fire and finds the manual release.

“Is he going to be okay?” She asks Hawk.

Karma = 246  

Tom Hawk's special blade cuts away progressively smaller chunks so that they fall away from Three, who continues to beep happily at Tom. Kennedy steps in to toss aside the remaining chunks so that Tom doesn't risk cutting into the frame of the little, boxy robot. Free from the rubble, Three rolls over to the dead Templar and zaps the corpse with a new arm that you've not seen before. The corpse convulses as if an AED had been used on it. It was unclear whether or not Three was getting some kind of 'revenge' by 'kicking' the Templar when he was down or if the little robot might be trying to revive the man for possible questioning.

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom smiles at Three and says "YES! You are a genius! CPR. Lets bring this guy back to life." He starts doing CPR. He has seen enough tv shows to understand the basics.

OoC: I am going to use the power of his Wrist Bands, which increase his Reason to EX for the purpose of trying to do CPR on the dead templar.

Bust! White result roll.

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Reason EX for CPR +15 karma
1d100+15 10

OOC: So, I'm doing Karma expenditures in a more easy, player friendly way. Obviously, the 'points' to build characters is a different 'fund' so that you can use Karma exclusively for influencing the dice, but also you don't have to 'spend' karma until after the die roll and you don't have to spend a minimum of ten karma any time you use it. What that means is that Tom's roll was so low you wouldn't have spent the 15 Karma in the first place. So you can keep the karma from the roll.

Kennedy JonesWatching Tom and Three attempt to revive the Templar, Kennedy comments. "Um. I am not sure if CPR will help if he poisoned himself. The junk is going to still be in his system."

Karma = 246  
Waiting on the results of Tom's work before moving on.

The Swashbuckler
Health: 150 Karma: 35

image.png.ba7f8fcc6f0f012f75d3f2dd5126736f.pngTom nods to Kennedy in agreement. "OK! So we what? Pump his stomach? Flush him out with Anti-Poison? Is there such a thing as Anti-Poison? Do we have any in the First-Aid kit?" He is trying to figure out how to heal this enemy so they can question him.

OoC: Tom has been in this time period a while but his knowledge is really street base and tv base; it is not a true formal education. So he will get information wrong sometimes.

What would have he come across on the streets to help someone who OD?

I am reminded by an episode of "2 Broke Girls" where Caroline saves a male model that OD on pills. She got some household items, made the model drink it and then punched him in the stomach and leaned him over so he could vomit. Now I am not saying it is that easy, once again that is TV knowledge and not Real World knowledge, but if I rolled for Tom's Reason to remember if he ever saw how street people save others OD-ing, then can we try to save the Templar?

edit: I hardly ever get to say this but ... Boo-Fucken-Yah!

FASERIP CHART

image.png.7d60f6c38e27eabf80654115292a70cf.png

Name
Reason TY 6
1d100 100

Ooc: nurse hat on.

Street level OD can be reversed with Narcan. BUT it would have to be opiod OD AND if he's already dead it won't work

If it is poison, the ones that do have an antidote are specific, so you would need to know what it was. Although there are chelating agents that can gather some. But those don't counter poison, just allow you to remove it and again they have to be alive.

And then there are poisons that no matter what (short of superheroes with healing powers) you're SOL

Also, pet peeve, you CAN'T shock a heart back from flatline. Defibrillators correct aberrant rhythms... flatline there is no rhythm to correct.

Probably more than you wanted to know But there are times I can't turn off my nurse educator role. :p

OoC: No, that is all good stuff. Thank you for the info. I think when we level up again I might actually start learning a First Aid Talent. Maybe Tom can befriend a paramedic and start learning some stuff. Might be useful with the team, but more so on the streets where it is needed. I'll just say that "100" really peeked his interest in life saving techniques.

Ipecac syrup. Harder to find after the 90s when it was abused for eating disorders.

Drink lemon juice and milk.

Try sticking your finger down his throat far enough to induce gagging/vomiting.

Almost nothing will work if he isn't already dead. A lot of vomit inducing technics require active nervous system.

1 hour ago, rauhric said:

Do we have any in the First-Aid kit?

Kennedy Jones

"Look, there is a lot I'd like to think would work, but we don't know what kind of poison he used. Was it a paralytic that stopped his breathing? Or stopped his heart? Nervous system that fried his brain? Old school cyanide that makes your blood stop bonding with oxygen and asphyxiate?"

"We have to assume it's pretty fast acting. Can't imagine you'd do a kill yourself drug that took any length of time." She shrugs. "Short of finding someone that can talk to the dead, I think we may be done here."

She points towards the smoke. "Boyo was running that way. I'm gona go see if I can find more."

Karma = 246  

So. Can Linden talk to the dead?

Back into the smoke.