EEEEK! - nervous Kenku rogue

MysteriousMiller

@Guardian Angel Haruki Oooohhh! I started a character in a Witchlight game last year, but it literally only lasted a few sessions. It may be a step too far, depending if I'm accepted into other games, but you know me well enough......I CAN'T RESIST A ROLL!!!

Hmm, last set very interesting...time to have a think!

Trinket - A wolf's head wrought in silver that is also a whistle

Edited by MysteriousMiller (see edit history)
Name
Stats 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 1,2,2,4,2,3,5,6,1,3,4,6,1,1,1,5,2,2,3,5,2,3,4,4
Stats 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 1,3,3,5,1,1,4,4,3,3,4,5,2,5,5,6,3,4,4,6,1,4,5,6
Stats 3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest),6) 4,4,5,6,1,5,5,6,1,3,5,6,1,2,3,6,1,5,5,6,2,3,4,4
Trinket roll
1d100 73

EEEEK!

Courage is found in unlikely places!”

Character Sheet 

spacer.png

General Info

Name: EEEEK!

Race: Kenku

Class : Rogue

BackgroundInvestigator

Alignment: Neutral Good

Height:  3' 10"|  Weight:  42 lbs

Languages: Common, Sylvan

Appearance and Personality

EEEEK! is a tiny little Kenku, with blue-black plumage and large, orange coloured eyes beneath what appear to be permanently raised eyebrows. Those big old peepers make him look quite scared, but don't be fooled by his expression. Though he's nervous and easily startled, he's no coward...but he is worried that bad luck is waiting just around the corner!

His clothing is quite worn and old, as is his adventuring gear, but all of it is well looked after. In his pockets he keeps his most prized possessions, his magnifying glass and a silver "wolf-whistle" that was presented to him by the town mayor for "services rendered".

On meeting EEEEK! for the first time, most people find it disconcerting that he rarely holds their gaze for longer than a second or two. Instead, his eyes flit around the room, as though danger lurks in every corner. However, it soon becomes apparent that the youngster really is listening carefully to what they say, even if it might seem otherwise.

In fact EEEEK! cares very deeply about other people and is driven by a deep seated desire to serve. He loves to use his investigative skills to help find "lost things" and his face lights up with a shy smile every time he's thanked for his aid or given a small reward. Those moments are what he lives for!!

Personality Traits

Traits: I'm easily startled, but I'm no coward!

Ideals: We have to take care of each other, because no-one else is going to do it.

Bonds: I hold no greater cause than service to others...if I make someone a promise to help them then I never break my word.

Flaws: I am especially nervous and superstitious and live my life trying to avoid bad luck.

Backstory

"From caring comes courage."

EEEEK! grew up in a small, non-descript, boring town, where NOTHING ever happened. As a hatchling he was a real handful for his adoptive parents (Hans and Greta Ironberg), who had hoped that the young Kenku would learn from them and join the family locksmith business. But instead the youngster fell in with the local urchins and ragamuffins, and seemed to learn nothing but how to get himself into trouble.

EEEEK! would have been about 4 years old when the circus first came to town. It was very exciting to see the carnival appear and to a young Kenku (even one who'd been raised from an egg by dwarven parents) the lure of the brightly coloured tents was very strong. But his parents had said no, so what could the little fellow do? Well, sneak in of course!

It wasn't actually his idea. As with most of his race, EEEEK! simply copied what some of the older kids were doing. Inside the carnival it was very exciting, but also quite scary for the youngster. He wasn't there long before being caught, thrown out and dragged home by his father. Within a week or so (during which time he was "grounded" and given extra chores) the carnival had vanished, just as mysteriously as it first appeared.

However, that one visit seemed to profoundly change the youngster. EEEEK! was no longer the boisterous tearaway who caused problems around the town. Instead he grew to be a much kinder, more timid fledgling. He offered to help in the shop more often, took it on himself to help elderly neighbours and gradually built himself a reputation as THE person to go to if you needed assistance - particularly if you'd lost something!

While he never lost his nervous twitchiness or his overly superstitious nature, EEEEK! grew to enjoy the thrill that came with his investigations, and by his coming of age his parents watched proudly as the mayor handed him a silver wolf-whistle in thanks for his years of service to the townsfolk.

So, when the carnival reappeared once again, the Kenku let his investigating feet carry him once more back to those gates...there was something... something missing perhaps? EEEEK! felt uneasy, but he had to find out what this nagging feeling was!

Lost Item

Hush now...that's a secret

EEEEK!

Kenku, Investigator - Rogue 1image.png.d099a329558becda999d557fcf363d14.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 15 | HP: 8/8 | Init: +3 | PP: 17

Sneak Attack: 1d6 | DM Inspiration: 0

Doing

"Speaking"

Thinking

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty

Action: none
Bonus Action: none
Move: none
Manipulate: none

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10gp from background

Items sold - rapier 12gp 5sp, shortbow 12gp 5sp, arrows 5sp, quiver 5sp = 26gp

Items bought - disguise kit 25gp, mirror 5gp, caltrops 1gp. grapple 2gp. bedroll 1gp, cards 5sp, sling+bullets 14cp, chalk 10cp = 34gp, 7sp, 4cp

Coin remaining = 1gp, 2sp, 6cp

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 11:21 AM, MysteriousMiller said:

@Guardian Angel Haruki I think EEEEK! is ready for review 😁

Thank you very much!

EEEEK! is definitely an interesting character.

My main concern with this one was the age. I had to look up the ages for Kenkus, and thankfully, it turns out 12 years old is the age when Kenkus' adulthood starts.
I had to look that up because, for reasons, EEEEK! would have had an unfair advantage in adventure compared to the rest of the party if he had been any younger.

EEEEK! is good to go. XD

11 hours ago, Guardian Angel Haruki said:

Thank you very much!

EEEEK! is definitely an interesting character.

My main concern with this one was the age. I had to look up the ages for Kenkus, and thankfully, it turns out 12 years old is the age when Kenkus' adulthood starts.
I had to look that up because, for reasons, EEEEK! would have had an unfair advantage in adventure compared to the rest of the party if he had been any younger.

EEEEK! is good to go. XD

Thank you...yes, I deliberately made him just into adulthood.