Jump to content

About This Game

Welcome to the Feywild Adventure! We hope you have a delightful time.

Game System

D&D 5e

Advertising

03/09/2024

Detailed Description

spacer.png

The traveling extravaganza known as the Witchlight Carnival visits your world once every eight years. You have a dim memory of sneaking into the carnival as a child without paying for a ticket. That memory has grown foggy over time, though it still conjures a weird admixture of emotions—wonder and awe mixed with loss and regret. During this childhood visit, your character lost something. You tried to find it, but the carnival owners—a pair of elves named Mister Witch and Mister Light—were decidedly unhelpful.

"Silly little screeching cricket," said Witch. "You forgot to buy a ticket."

"The carnival goes round and round," said Light. "The multiverse is our playground. Nothing's free and nothing's lost. Every visit has its cost."

As time passed, your heart became less heavy, and you gave less and less thought to those childhood events. Now, for reasons you can't explain, the longing to retrieve that which you have lost has resurfaced, as though an old spell has faded away, allowing you to feel the loss as sharply as if it happened yesterday.

The Witchlight Carnival has returned, and you find yourself standing near a ticket booth by the entrance at twilight, just as the carnival is about to open. There you meet others who look as troubled as you. Without knowing how or why, you sense that each of them has lost something as well. Perhaps fate has brought you together.

 

  1. What's new in this game
  2. Still hovering...keeping an eye on it, but I know how hard RL can bite at times
  3. I figured as much, was really just pinging to make sure people were still around as it had been about two weeks.
  4. I think this is just a slower moving game - which is fine, PbP varies in pace and the whole advantage is that it can be slower paced than finding several hours each week - the important thing is that so far Haruki has always been super communicative about delays whenever asked, which gives me high hopes for the game lasting
  5. Yes, RL has picked up on my end quite a bit. I apologize for the wait. I'll move the game along ASAP.
  6. I think is just very busy IRL right now, but hopefully will come back someday. If you want to drop it is up to you. I wouldn't expect much any time soon.
  7. Understood. ^_^ I'll get Dirla's response up as soon as possible. And there is a bit more to the Lost Property section. Muahahaha...
  8. I think we need some input from the fey displacer / butterfly regarding what we've lost - or just moving on to the dragonflies?
  9. KenkuAbility Score Increase. When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. You can't raise any of your scores above 20. Creature Type. You are a Humanoid. Size. Your size is Medium or Small. You choose the size when you select this race. Speed. Your walking speed is 30 feet. Expert Duplication. When you copy writing or craftwork produced by yourself or someone else, you have advantage on any ability checks you make to produce an exact duplicate. Kenku Recall. Thanks to your supernaturally good memory, you have proficiency in two skills of your choice. Moreover, when you make an ability check using any skill in which you have proficiency, you can give yourself advantage on the check before rolling the d20. You can give yourself advantage in this way a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. Mimicry. You can accurately mimic sounds you have heard, including voices. A creature that hears the sounds you make can tell they are imitations only with a successful Wisdom (Insight) check against a DC of 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier. Languages. Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign., InvestigatorSkill Proficiencies: Choose two from among Insight, Investigation, or Perception Tool Proficiencies: Disguise kit, thieves' tools Equipment: A magnifying glass, evidence from a past case (choose one or roll for a trinket from the Horror Trinkets table) a set of common clothes, and 10gp. Features - Official Inquiry You're experienced at gaining access to people and places to get the information you need. Through a combination of fast-talking, determination, and official-looking documentation, you can gain access to a place or an individual related to a crime you're investigating. Those who aren't involved in your investigation avoid impeding you or pass along your requests. Additionally, local law enforcement has firm opinions about you, viewing you as either a nuisance or one of their own. - Rogue 1 AC: 15 | HP: 8/8 | Init: +3 | PP: 17 Sneak Attack: 1d6 | DM Inspiration: 0 EEEEK! is delighted to find that the group are heading in the direction of the Dragonflies. It's the lifelong dream of every Kenku to fly and so the youngster can't help but smile. On the way, the group pass by the Calliope and EEEEK! begins to hum along, mimicking the music of the golden whistles. He frowns slightly, the tune somehow familiar...memories stirring of his previous visit and a lost...a lost...a lost...oh bother! It's on the tip of his tongue. He pulls out his purse, certain that he's seen a button in there, despite the lack of coins. "Ummm...here you go!" he comments distractedly, dropping a shiny button into the tin cup as he hums along with that blasted ear worm of a song. Mechanics Main Hand: Empty Off Hand: Empty Action: drop a button in the cup Bonus Action: none Move: none Manipulate: none
  10. Human Dilettante, Illusionist AC: 13 (Base) | HP: 9/9 () | HD: 1/1 | Speed: 30 ft. | Initiative: +3 Senses: Passive Perception 12, Insight 12, Investigation 16. StrSave: +0 Athletics: +0 Carrying Capacity: 150 lb. Lift/Push/Drag: 300 lb.: 10 (0) | DexInitiative: +3 Save: +3 Acrobatics: +3 Slight-of-Hand: +5 Stealth: +3: 16 (+3) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +6 Arcana: +6 History: +4 Investigation: +6 Nature: +4 Religion: +4: 18 (+4) | WisSave: +4 Animal Handling: +2 Insight: +2 Medicine: +2 Perception: +2 Survival: +2: 14 (+2) | ChaSave: +3 Deception: +5 Intimidation: +3 Performance: +5 Persuasion: +3: 17 (+3) Languages: Common, Elven Spell Slots: L1 2/2 | With no-one stopping him, Siegfried leads them straight to the Calliope, and just beyond the lost and found. Both bring a brief look of confusion to his face, quickly blown away by a smile for the former, and awe for the latter. He try to hum along with the chaotic tune of the calliope, but finds himself too distracted by the monkey and adorable goblin. The creature already has a wide smile that mirrors his own, though showing crooked teeth in place of his perfect white fence, at his companions gifts. Perhaps this did not count as a deal with the fey, he thinks as he watches Jasmin so eagerly part with her outfit. In fact, everyone seems to be, bar the strange hare-person. His thoughts tumble from his mouth - "This is not a foul deal then, Ms Hart?" He plucks one of the many ornate buttons from his waistcoat - and leaves it dangling above the cup in anticipation of her answer. "I hope not, else my tailor will be most displeased I have torn a button from my jacket for no reason. Though perhaps he will be pleased at the gold." The carnival continues to be a cornucopia of wonder as they come upon the lost and found, and Siegfried does little to hide his wonder at the catlike before them, his mouth agape. "Magnificent," he whispers to himself. He favours the children with a bright smile moments later, "and you as well of course!" He looks up again as Jasmine kindly translates the flowing sounds that everyone aside from him seems to speak - clearly a deficiency in his education. Very surprising, given his various tutors thoroughness. Or perhaps they had covered it and his own lack of attention was to blame. "Well thank-you Diralagraun," he replied with a low bow, "I am having a wonderful time. As for loss, I'm afraid I've lost a great many things over the years, most often myself. Though I would hazard my father is most annoyed about my ambitions. The brand new lacquered moneybag was a close second though, on account of its being full at the time. Then again, maybe he's made peace with my sister taking over instead - I certainly have, and she would like nothing more." OOC Action: - Bonus Action: - Movement: - Reaction: - Object Interaction: - Concentration: - Actions & Resources Actions: Unarmed . Melee Weapon Attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1 bludgeoning damage. Quarterstaff . Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 (1d8) bludgeoning damage. Versatile Light Crossbow . Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 3 piercing damage. Loading, Two-Handed Bonus Actions: - Reactions: - Class Features: Arcane Recovery . 1/1 Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
  11. Ilse watches the performance of the monkey impassively. She's rather the opposite of Jasmine, not expressing any amusement at the rhyme. An offer of nothing should receive nothing in return. That's how it's always been. She's confused when several of her companions start gifting buttons just because they were asked. She stares at the tin cup as the small goblin rattles it in her direction. After a moment's thought, Ilse decides she ought to follow Jasmine and Chit'Thall's lead. One of the buttons on her ratty coat is already frayed enough that she doesn't need to cut it off; she simply pulls it off and tosses it into the cup thread still dangling from it. On their way toward the lost property, Ilse instinctively walks at the back of the group. She likes to be able to see the people she's traveling with. When they get there, she looks at the feline creature with slight interest, having never seen anything like it before. When asked if she's enjoying herself (or rather, when Jasmine translates the question), Ilse responds quietly. "I can't complain."
  12. Jasmine Hart Warlock AC 14 HP 10 Speed 30ft passive perception 12 Str 12 (1) Dex 17 (3) Con 15 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3) Saves Bold - proficient str +1 Dex +3 Con +2 Wis +4 Int +1 Cha +5 At first there's a snort then a tiny giggle then full blown laughter at the monkey and his rhyme. Wiping tears of amusement off her face Jasmine doesn't hesitate to take a small knife to an embossed button with fancy scrolling on her sleeve and then put it into the cup. At the lost items and things she hesitates a moment before speaking in perfect sylvan "Indeed perhaps we can also help you were you searching for someone named Star?" she bows and then turns to the group. "This is Diralagraun or Dira she asked if we we were enjoying ourselves and if we have lost anything." She would would translate part of the conversation leaving the rest to be revealed in case it was private. statblock tiefling warlock 1 AC 14 HP 10 Speed 30ft passive perception 12 Str 12 (1) Dex 17 (3) Con 15 (2) Wis 14 (2) Int 12 (1) Cha 16 (3) Saves Bold - proficient str +1 Dex +3 Con +2 Wis +4 Int +1 Cha +5 Skills Bold-proficient Arcana +3 Athletics +1 Deception +5 History +3 Insight +2 Investigation +1 Medicine +2 Nature +1 Perception +2 Performance +3 Persuasion +5 Religion +1 Sleight of hand +3 Stealth +3 Survival +2 Attacks eldritch blast 1d20+5 1d10 120 ft toll the dead wis 13 1d8/1d12 60 ft armor of agathys 5 cold damage and temp hp self witch bolt 1d20+5 1d12 30 ft Faerie Fire DC 13 Dex save advantage Sleep 5d8 hp starting with the lowest quarterstaff 1d20+3 1d6+1 0ne handed 1d8+1 two handed dagger 1d20+5 1d4+3 range 20/60ft light crossbow 1d20+5 1d8+3 two handed range 80/320 fey presence wisdom save DC 13 10 ft cube frightened or charmed ASI Tiefling per Tasha's +1 charisma +2 Dexterity Darkvision, You can see in darkness (shades of gray) up to 60 ft. Hellish Resistance You have resistance to fire damage. Infernal You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. [3rd] You can cast hellish rebuke (2nd) once per long rest. [5th] You can cast darkness once per long rest. CHA is your spellcasting ability. Thaumaturgy(Cantrip) Noble Feature: Position of Privilege Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to. spells will detail if accepted Charisma save Dc13 spell attack +5 thaumaturgy toll the dead eldritch blast armor of agathys Witch bolt faerie fire sleep OOC Action: -suggested lost and found but will enjoy the rides first the calliopes is fine for me Bonus Action: - Movement: - Reaction: - Object Interaction: - Concentration: -
  13. Statblock Gavin Hopsalot Harengon Ranger 1 NG AC 15 HP 12 Speed 30ft Str 10 (0) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 16 (3) Int 14 (2) Cha 10 (0) Saves: Str 2 Dex 6 Con 2 Wis 3 Int 2 Cha 0 Passive Perception: 15 Passive Insight: 13 Passive Investigation: 14 Initiative: 6 Attacks Short Sword +2 to hit damage: 1d6+2 Short Sword 2 to hit damage: 1d6+2 Long Bow +6 to hit damage: 1d8+2 Skills Skill Name Modifier Athletics +0 Acrobatics +4 Stealth +8 Sleight of Hand +4 Arcana +2 History +2 Investigation +4 Nature +4 Religion +2 Animal Handling +3 Insight +3 Medicine +3 Perception +5 Survival +5 Deception +2 Intimidation +0 Performance +0 Persuasion +0 Feats and Abilities Racial features: Hare Trigger: You can add your proficiency bonus to your Initiative. Leporine Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception Skill. Lucky Footwork: When you fail a Dexterity saving throw, you can use your reaction to roll a d4 and add it to your saving throw, potentially turning the failure into a success. You can't use this reaction if you are prone or your speed is 0. Rabbit Hop: As a bonus action, you can jump a distance equal to five times your proficiency bonus, without provoking opportunity attacks. You can use this trait only if your speed is greater than 0. You can use it a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, an you regain all expended uses after a long rest. Background features: Skill proficiency: Deception and Survival Tool Proficiency: Mandolin Language: Elven Equipment: Mandolin, Large iron fingernail, child's parasol covered in moss and leaves, sprig of Rosemary wrapped with ribbon at one end, travelers clothes, and Pouch of 8 gp. Fey Mark: Bunny Tail Feywild Visitor: Unicorn Class Features: Proficiencies Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons Tools: None Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity Skills: Choose three from Animal Handling, Athletics, Insight, Investigation, Nature, Perception, Stealth, and Survival Equipment You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background: (a) scale mail or (b) leather armor(a) two shortswords or (b) two simple melee weapons(a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's packA longbow and a quiver of 20 arrows Favored Foe (Optional) This 1st-level feature replaces the Favored Enemy feature and works with the Foe Slayer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you increase that damage by 1d4. You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. This feature's extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level. Deft Explorer (Optional) This 1st-level feature replaces the Natural Explorer feature. You gain no benefit from the replaced feature and don't qualify for anything in the game that requires it. You are an unsurpassed explorer and survivor, both in the wilderness and in dealing with others on your travels. You gain the Canny benefit below, and you gain an additional benefit when you reach 6th level and 10th level in this class. Canny (1st Level) Choose one of your skill proficiencies. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make using the chosen skill. You can also speak, read, and write 2 additional languages of your choice. Roving (6th Level) Your walking speed increases by 5, and you gain a climbing speed and a swimming speed equal to your walking speed. Tireless (10th Level) As an action, you can give yourself a number of temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + your Wisdom modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point). You can use this action a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. In addition, whenever you finish a short rest, your exhaustion level, if any, is decreased by 1. Languages: Draconic, Elven, Common, Sylvan, and Goblin Spells None currently Equipment Equipment: 2x Short Sword Long Bow w/ 20 arrows Leather Armor Mandolin Large iron fingernail Child parasol covered in moss and leaves Spig of Rosemary wrapped in a ribbon on one end. Pouch Travelers clothes Explorer's pack Gavin seems easily amused by his companions and what they are saying. His ears perked up when he heard his native tongue spoken. He could not help but respond in kind. "It is music to my ears to hear the language of my childhood spoken. It would be wonderful to find that which we have lost, even if we are not certain what that lost thing actually is." a look of loss crosses his face as he unconsciously adjust the straps carrying his Mandolin on his back. OOC
  14. They were. 0_0 I included you in the private text and made sure I typed your username in correctly. You don’t see it? EDIT: I just put you username in between two others. Maybe the different order of usernames will help. Can you see the private text?
  15. So were they speaking in Sylvan? As Gavin would understand it as that is his native tongue.
  16. Name | Class Artificer 1 | AC: 15 | HP: 10/10 | Prof: +2 | PP: 11 | Saves: Str +1 / Dex +2 / Con +4 / Int +6 / Wis +1 / Cha -1 | Special Abilities darkvision, Carnival Companion, Carnival Fixture, Magical Tinkering, Chameleon Carapace, Secondary Arms, Sleepless, Telepathy, Ritual Casting Attacks: Lt Hammer | +3 | 1d6+1 bludgeoning, Light Crossbow | +4 | 1d8+2 piercing (80/320) Prepared Spells | Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 | Hit Dice d8 (1/1) | Death Saves: 0/0 Cantrips: Mending, Acid Splash Level 1 | (2/2) | Tasha's Caustic brew, Grease, Alarm, Catapult Calliope: Chit'Thal continues to giggle at every little thing. His new friends may not realize this, but it is very unusual for him. He is usually very down to business. "Earnest Marigold. Click click, you two are just marvelous. Let me give you a button." He chuckles as he cuts a button off of his apron and drops it into the goblin's cup. Lost Property: "Click click, Dirlagraun, it is good to see you taking care of the lost children. It is a beautiful night. I hate to bother you in your time of loss, but my friends and I have lost some things. I wonder if they might be in the lost and found." He tries very hard not to giggle at the children as they play. "Any word on Star?" The Thri-Kreen says to the cat with tentacles and butterfly wings, speaking in Silvan. Mechanics MOVE: to the Lost and Found ACTION: none BONUS ACTION: none REACTION: none CONCENTRATION: none OOC: none
  17. Ah right gotcha. Yes does clear it up and make sense. Do we remember exactly what we have lost as well, or is that at our discretion?
  18. It was a vague memory for a good chunk of your lives after your first visit. Upon coming to the Witchlight Carnival this time around, you guys fully remember that you lost something, like some sort of spell that made you only vaguely aware wore off. I hope this helps clear things up. ^^"
  19. Quick question - how aware are we that we lost something at the carnival last time we came? I seem to recall you mentioned that the carnival seems familiar but distant in memory, and the "loss" kind of like a word on the tip of your tongue - as in we're vaguely aware we have lost something, but can't pin down what it is. I may have made all that up though.
  20. Thoroughfare The First Hour Red and Northwind both greet Chit'Thal with friendly 'Hello's and waves before they had to continue on with the Welcome Gifts and before they head back to their station. After the party received the Welcome Gifts and made their wishes accordingly, they are able to discuss amongst themselves on what they wanted to do. It was decided that the Dragonfly rides would be the first attraction they'd visit, after stopping by Lost Property. Hopefully, they will find what they lost there... Regardless, with their decisions made, they began to make their way through the Carnival. Calliope The First Hour On the way to the Lost Property first, they passed by the Calliope! A merry tune spills forth from an instrument on the back of a brightly painted wagon. A monkey wearing a cloak covered with buttons turns a handle at the wagon's rear, sending music into the air from rows of golden whistles. As the party notices this, a goblin dressed as a ladybug toddles up to them, rattling a tin cup. The monkey turning the handle of the calliope to create music turns his attention to the party. He gives a wide smile to Chit'Thal and the rest of the party, and he speaks a rhyme! "Spare a button if you please, I'll sew it next to all of these. I offer nothing in its place, Besides a smile on upon my face," Lost Property The First Hour When the party finally reaches the Lost Property area, they notice a surprising sight! Outside the lost property wagon is a large feline creature with midnight-blue fur. It has a pair of tentacles extending from its shoulders and wears fake butterfly wings. Hanging from its collar is a small wooden keg. The creature roughhouses with two young boys. One boy squeals, "Again, Dirla, again!" while the other hangs onto the creature's neck. The creature seems to say something to the child gently, before turning its attention to the party. It seems to recognize Chit'Thal before speaking to them. The rest of the party do not understand what she seems to be saying, but it's clear that the feline creature is not hostile. While it speaks, everyone notices that the feline does tilt their head inquisitively mid-speech. Music/Ambience Mood Current Mood: Neutral
  21. Sounds like we have a plan! ^_^ The Calliope section is very brief, so that will be written a little before the Lost Property area. It will also take no time out of the night in game. I will be able to write up the next DM post after work today.
  22.  
×
×
  • Create New...