OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - The Whispering Cairn

bwatford

It never hurts to have a healer, but it seems early in the game to be looking to re-advertise... Is there a character who didn't make the cut who might be a good fit? There are a couple of druids in the archive I see.

If not then I'm okay to move forward and rest more often!

13 hours ago, Dixi said:

Also think we can manage as we are now. After the dungeon, we will see.

And to be clear about the Detect Magic, it had not yet gone off as the ritual was not completed, you were four minutes into it when the creature struck.

20 minutes ago, Cointhief said:

@bwatford Hey there, as someone who occasionally DMs I was wondering what system you use for tracking time? Just curious, no worries if its a secret.

In combat it is 6 seconds per round (Combat Mode), outside of combat it is 1 minute per post (Exploration Mode) unless the group agrees to wait for x amount of time, traveling it is based on 20 minutes per mile.

It isn't perfect but in general it works.

6 hours ago, bwatford said:

@MysteriousMiller Riffraff doesn't have bonus action disengage.... yet. Cross your fingers it doesn't reacquire you on the AoO.

Oops...forgot that he's still level 1!!!!

Let's hope he makes it to level 2 🤞

Edited by MysteriousMiller (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

How widespread is the brown mold? It kind of looks like it's at the 'doorway' of the map, but that could also be a fun lighting effect.

"Typically, brown mold spans a 10-foot radius, but this particular patch seems larger, creating an unnaturally cold temperature within a 30-foot radius. You can already feel it from here." from GM

3 hours ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

How widespread is the brown mold? It kind of looks like it's at the 'doorway' of the map, but that could also be a fun lighting effect.

That's the mold