OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - The Whispering Cairn

bwatford

Here is a more rudimentary picture without all the fancy map lighting. Basically, two 10-foot patches of brown mold.

image.png.8e2505586f3904d92e778a1eaa1a8a88.png

btw, you guys are on the list to get an update in the morning (Thursday).

49 minutes ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

Oh yeah, and it goes without saying, but those folks looking at the mold are more than welcomed to keep talking strategy about how to solve that conundrum while we Riffraff inspects the other hallway.

Unless someone can magically create cold damage, there is no conversation on strategy, right?

Yes as a player I agree, I would imagine an unseen servant or mage hand would trigger the brown mold as usual. My character probably wouldn't think of that, but wouldn't be eager to play around with it either. So, Sunny will head east as well.

7 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Unless someone can magically create cold damage, there is no conversation on strategy, right?

"two 10-foot patches of brown mold" is 20ft. A rope (we do have a rope?) is 50. Should be enough to wrap around an egg and try to pull, no?

3 hours ago, Dixi said:

Ah! So, Discord is officially part of the game.

Ok, no ropes.

You have plenty length of rope to get to the egg, the issue was that an unseen servant would set the mold off, and it only has 1 hit point and because of the item being small boulder size and egg shaped it would need a complex cross tie that a single mage hand could not pull off. Now you might be able to do it with two mage hands, but you would still have to get pretty close to be within 60 feet (every other diagonal is 10 feet). It was also mentioned that if it is an egg, pulling it off the stand may break it.

The only reason it was answered on discord is because that is where the question was asked. I thought everyone was on there. Sorry if that was not the case.

Just a heads up, I will be on vacation May 5th - 13th (Beach Trip) so there will be no updates during that time. Although I still will be available sporadically on the discord.

3 hours ago, bwatford said:

Just a heads up, I will be on vacation May 5th - 13th (Beach Trip) so there will be no updates during that time. Although I still will be available sporadically on the discord.

Have a good one 👍