Basic Information

Name: Ilse
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Subclass: Shadow
Background: Urchin
Level: 1

Personality

Traits: I feel most comfortable in the dark. I bluntly say what others are hinting at or hiding.

Ideals: People. I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive. (Neutral)

Bonds: I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.

Flaws: It's not stealing if I need it more than someone else.

Quirk: I barely bleed, even when badly injured.

Languages

Common

Gnome

Lost Item
Backstory

Oliver and Olivia Andoras were powerful adventurers who had the bad luck of adventuring in the Shadowfell at one point. When Ilse was born they immediately recognized the taint of the Shadowfell upon her. They wanted nothing further to do with the Shadowfell, and so they abandoned her.

Growing up in an orphanage was hard. Ilse was a little weird, so the other kids tended to pick on her even if she didn't quite understand what was going on. Luckily, one of the older kids, a gnome named Zook, decided to look after her. It wasn't purely altruistic, as he noticed Ilse operated very well at night and things just seemed to go smoothly for her. As kids with very little tend to do, they tended to make off with things that weren't theirs and go places they shouldn't.

It was Zook's idea to sneak into the carnival. He was curious, and knew that people tended to be less guarded when having fun. They went in together, but Ilse ended up coming out alone, rather hurt. She's sure Zook made it out also, but she can't really recall seeing him after. She continued living her life, not giving much thought to the carnival. Now it's back, and she finds herself drawn toward it.

Stat Block

Edited by Erikkin (see edit history)
Name
Stats 1
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 3,1,3,3,5,1,5,3,4,6,4,4,2,1,5,6,1,5,4,5,6,5,2,2
Stats 2
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 1,3,3,4,5,6,6,1,2,3,6,2,3,5,6,3,4,1,5,6,2,5,2,6
Stats 3
repeat(drop(4d6,lowest,1),6) 1,1,1,4,6,1,1,6,6,2,1,2,4,3,2,4,6,1,5,2,1,3,6,6

@Erikkin

I see you have the Ready for Review tag.

Ilse looks good.

Out of curiosity for her backstory, how famous are her adventurer parents? What would be their most well known accomplishment, if there is any?

What did Ilse do to live her life after sneaking into the carnival and before the beginning of the adventure?

Her parents are fairly well known, especially in the city they hail from (in my mind it's Baldur's Gate or a different Lord's Alliance city but I felt better to leave it vague in case you wanted the Carnival in a specific starting location). They both have vibrant red hair and tan skin; Ilse looks like if someone sucked all the color out of them. Likely their most well known accomplishment would involve traveling to the Shadowfell since not many people do that and survive. They went there on a mission to rescue someone important who was kidnapped there.

After her first carnival visit until the start of the adventure, Ilse has been discovering her magic and trying to make it useful for her. She's trying to rise above the living job to job most urchins have to deal with. Probably taking a lot of less legitimate jobs because those are the types of jobs her magic and skills seem to work well with.

• 2 weeks later...

Ilse's parents abandoned her when she was very young. She doesn't really remember them. Any stories she was told would have been told by the head of the orphanage, or her friend Zook who liked to make up stuff.