IC Thread

Minescratcher452

The Iron Masquerade
Capital: The City of Narsai (Region 69)
Round 2

News and Rumors

A letter to his superiors at the Arkhive Æternal from Mortimer Red, resident Librarian to the Iron Masquerade.

My reception in Narsai has been nothing but warm and welcoming. The Masquerade sent ample help to transport my fifteen large suitcases to my new quarters, and they even had a room full of mannequin heads prepared for me to display my mask collection! Everyone has been extremely polite to me, even the Barons that I've met at dinner parties (the Iron Monarch keeps insisting that I go to those!), calling me "Soulbound Heir" and once even "your highness." I keep having to explain to them that while the Arkhive has a Queen, I am not royalty myself!

I've made plenty of progress on my research into facial attire, thanks to the generosity of many Black Tower priests who have kindly allowed me to interview them. I hope to send a first draft of a new treatise on masks back with my next progress report. It will contain descriptions and sketches of Iron Monarch Thalus's golden glory: the gilded serpentine headdress that is one of the most beautiful things I have ever been privileged enough to behold.

Your Æternal servant,
Mortimer Red

A thank-you note is mailed to High Lord Karim-12 and High Lady Petra, alongside a polite request for High Lord Karim-12 to be reassigned to the Veehran orbit. The letter is signed by the Iron Monarch and stamped with the royal butterfly sigil of the Iron Masquerade. Included are two cloak pins of carved, polished black hematite in the shape of a butterfly.

Baron Gilbert Faustine sends a progress report on Odo Intanran back to Agbada. The Hyena preteen is adapting surprisingly well to life in Narsai despite the lack of bodies of water for him to engage in House Intranran's primary pastime: sailing. The rambunctious adolescent has quickly pivoted his skills at handling ship rigging to instead managing the complex system of pulleys and chains that form the backbone of the underground city's elevator shafts, mining belts, and cargo lifts. Baron Faustine is generally happy with his progress, but does note an unfortunate tendency to play hooky from his noble tutors to adventure with unsavory peers in the undercity.

Actions
  1. [Diplomacy 5] - Create a Cultural Identity, Soul Snatchers, for 2d8 to Assassination/Kidnapping.

This one is long but important!

The problem with starting a cult around yourself leading the masses to Paradise is that, well, the masses expect to be lead to Paradise. Not the true, diehard fanatics, though. All it takes to maintain the loyalty of the upper clergy is a little special attention from their Savior and a steady drip of the supernatural, flavored as the divine.

Alexandre Margaux, diehard fanatic and head priest within the cult of the Savior's Promise, kneels before his deity in private audience.

Iron Monarch Thalus stands before him, the Black Butterfly on his face glimmering in the dim candlelight and his forked tongue snaking out to taste the crisp desert air. If the intricate carved veins of the mask's wing cells hinted at an allusion to circuitry before, the occasional sparkle that now flits from one nexus to another enforces the motif.

"Your Majesty, I can see that the child's holy sacrifice has restored a fraction of your divine power. Please, I beg you to allow me this one question of your sacred will!"

Margaux fully prostrates himself upon the floor.

"How many more until Paradise can be reached?"

A pause, no longer than it would take an entity to do rough mental math involving the lifespan of the man prostrated before him and the optimal speed of soul consumption, as the Iron Monarch slowly blinks his snake-slitted eyes.

"Twenty more excluding the child and the magician. Twenty-two in total."

Instantly, Margaux throws himself upon his Savior's feet, crying, "Take me! Let me be one step towards Paradise!"

Iron Monarch Thalus reaches down and gently tilts Margaux's face up. Slowly and intimately, the Kildoran removes the priest's simple black mask from his face, until he is holding the other man's very soul in his palm. If the Iron Monarch secretly wishes that it were even possible to consume Margaux in this form, it does not show on his face.

Addressing the mask instead of the body, the Iron Monarch responds, "You have done well to emulate me, young one. Your very essence is preserved, ready and waiting for the final call to Paradise."

"I do not accept your sacrifice."

"Bring me those who have yet to grasp my divinity. Outsiders still lost in the dark, waiting for my saving touch. I demand the talented schemers, the magically gifted, and the martially proficient. Let me absorb their skills so that one day I might more aptly carry your soul to beyond."

Iron Monarch Thalus kneels to reaffix Margaux's mask, staring his deepest devotee in the eyes.

"Do this for me, Alexandre, and you shall be the First to reach Paradise. This I Promise."

Margaux, newly christened as the First Promise, leaves the audience chamber to disperse the word and will of his god with a lurid, fervent light in his eyes and a manic, contagious energy.

The Promises have been founded, and they are coming for you.

2. [Military 5] - Recruit a General, Baron Amelie Beaufort, with the tactical doctrine of Rapid Entrenchment: +3 to battle when defending. (She/her, score: 8)
    The Iron Monarch deftly juggles the domestic power struggle between various Baronries by giving outstandingly loyal supporters highly coveted positions within the military and economic sectors. Amelie, as head of the Beaufort Baronry, has decades of experience handing the logistics and planning of expanding Narsai's underground megadrill operations. When it comes to efficiently constructing entrenchments, none are her equal.
  3. [Military] - Raise a ground unit.
    The difference between operating life-threatening industiral mining machinery for pittance wages and wielding life-threatening energy weaponry for pittance wages is trivial. At least joining the army has a chance of letting one experience sunlight.
  4. [Intrigue] - Coerce TP 68.3 for Polymorphite. 13, SUCCESS
    The nobles demand their luxuries and the Savior provides.
  5. [Intrigue] - Secret.
    Fanatics, mercenaries, and thieves who wish to join the ranks of the Promises stalk into the night.
Non-Actions
  • Change hosts rulers non-dynastically to Iron Monarch Mortimer Red.
    Non-dynastic succession: +1 to any two attributes, Growths: +1 Military, +1 Intrigue
    3 Diplomacy, 4+1 Military, 4 Economy, 4+1 Faith, 4+2 Intrigue
    Thalus was already an old sorcerer, and his soul doesn't take long to suck dry. The Iron Monarch doesn't understand why Mortimer Red is willing to put on the Black Butterfly of his own volition, but he isn't going to question it. Mortimer's archival knowledge, cultural expertise, and impeccable fashion sense will be an asset to the Masquerade as the Iron Monarch slowly wears his new host thin.
  • Resist and/or hinder all conversions and buyouts in Narsai (Region 69).
  • Support the buyout of TP 69.2 for Hematite by the Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim (ALF).
  • Support the buyout of TP 52.3 for Sun-Kissed Maize by the Wicklund Salvagers (WIC).

Reminders for myself

All countries must pay 1 Treasure to the Empire by the end of round 3 or lose 1 Reputation with EMP, can pay as event subaction
Gain 1 Renown the first time you Construct Arcology, Found Holy Order, or Raise Fortress
Gain 1 treasure when Mytho-Historical Data Gathering is complete
Any country that takes the Construct Arcology action before the end of Round 6 may gain 1 Treasure as a sub-action

1_magician.png.2c45d1f7991939cb1e6cc131a0813149.png

"Someone always capable of rebuilding themself can never be kept down."

Iron Monarch Thalus
(he/him)

Diplomacy: 5
Military: 5
Economy: 2
Faith: 2
Intrigue: 5

Ground units: 1
Space units: 1
Treasure: 0 + 1 per round

EMP: 0 rep / 0 favors
WTU: 0 rep / 0 favors
BRG: 1 rep / 0 favors
REN: rank 2

Edited by aerin13 (see edit history)
Name
Coerce TP 68.3 for Polymorphite
2d6+5 2,6
General score
1d4+6 2
Change rulers non-dynastically
7d4 3,4,4,4,3,1,4

Castaways of the Loop

Loopflag.png.130f0373688f6d358a4df80e2c39fe2e.png

Veehra, Region 62
The Group of Seventeen
D6 | M4 | E6 | F2 | I4

Round Two

Actions

• [Diplomacy] Attend Event: The Millennial Jubilee of High Ishtahnos
    The Ishtahns have been a generous and reliable friend to the Castaways for decades - centuries, if one goes past the formation of the Loop to the days of Dometown. The Group of Seventeen honors that friendship with a formal delegation to the kingdom's celebration of its thousandth year of unbroken rule, including one of the ruling council.

Sub-actions

Pay 1 treasure to EMP as tax

• [Diplomacy] Mytho-Historical Data Gathering
    The Imperial Court's request for data raises hackles among the older Loop-born, who still resent the Empire's failure to lend aid after their experiments laid waste to Dometown. Nonetheless, the Group of Seventeen has determined that it would be best to remain in the Empire's favor, and they have done far more unpleasant things than compiling records and interviews in the same of survival. The data is sent... though the Imperial historians may find this set of records has a distinctly bitter tone compared to most.
  • [Military] Raise Ground Unit
  • [Military] Raise Ground Unit
    As multiple wars break out across the surface of Veehra, the Group of Seventeen realizes that they must prepare to face threats greater than the occasional band of raiders. Unfortunately, they are a tiny nation amongst the Elect, less than a million strong with no hope of growing past that. Even supplemented by drones and automated vehicles, their defensive militia cannot hope to match the size of the armies seen elsewhere on Veehra. And so the Group looks outside, to the nomadic clans who have been both friend and foe, and offer a pact: fuel and vehicles in exchange for defense. After some negotiation, the Orid and Sakar clans agree, seeing a chance to share in the wealth and power bestowed by the Emperor without bending the knee to their old rivals in the Soom.
  • [Intrigue] Investigate the Veehran Triangle (TN ??, result 17, 1 treasure spent)
    Between bandits, storms, and simple mechanical malfunctions, the Veehran wastes are a dangerous place, and it's not uncommon to lose the occasional traveler in the deep desert. For every traveler on a southeast heading to go missing, from well-armed caravans stocked with precious cargo to lone surveyors with nothing but a one-man dune buggy to their name, is quite another matter. Once the anomaly becomes clear, the Castaways set out to determine first the extent and then the nature of the hazard, using remotely-operated vehicles to avoid further loss of life. Does it respond to aerial vehicles? Is there a clearly delineated border to the so-called Veehran Triangle, or is it an approximate phenomenon? What does satellite surveillance reveal about the fate of the vehicles? Thousands of Todd-hours are poured into answering these and other questions.

Non-Actions

• Support conversion of Region 62 to Cult of the Mother Serpent
    Between the Group of Seventeen's decision to adopt nomad mercenaries en masse, tentative talks with the Soom-clan, and the arrival of seers from distant Kildora, the Castaways are mingling with their desert neighbors more than ever before. A number of Loop-born - both young and old - find meaning in the teachings of the Mother Serpent, a connection to the world beneath their feet that helps soothe the loss of their old home. Though the Group is of course neutral on matters of faith, closer relations with one's neighbors is to be encouraged.
  • Selected excerpts from interviews with the oldest living Loop-born (Mytho-Historical Data Gathering)

Rasha 1146: They want our histories and legends? Nearly fifty years of radio silence, and now they want to know about us?

[static; the recorder does not pick up laughter well]

For decades our pleas went unheard and unanswered, and they dare come to us asking... Fine then. Listen, children of Ophon, and hear what transpired after you abandoned us.

-

Mary-Anne 2926: They're calling them the Mausoleum Gardens these days, I hear. A nice name for a cave that smells like rotting corpses and shit.

That's probably unfair of me. I hear they've prettied them up these days, made them almost like a real memorial... as long as you don't mind your loved ones' final resting place being covered in the same fungi you eat every day, that is. But there's nothing they can do about the smell. Sun above and Dust below, I will never forget the smell.

-

Tina 112: The first few months were the easiest, weirdly enough? Water was never a problem for us; all of the local towns relied on groundwater taps rather than vapor collectors, and those are underground, so they survived the blast more or less intact. Rhonda's hauler was carrying a shipment of fresh greens and produce to some of the outlying towns - that was Dometown's major export, you know, the dome made agriculture possible in spite of the windstorms around here... And Jamie had just finished shopping for their commune, so they had plenty of food in their rig. Most of it was even non-perishable.

The problem is, more of us kept leaving the Loop. Six truckloads of food each day is a lot for a few dozen people. Even a few hundred. But our community kept growing, and the food we got out of the Loop stayed exactly the same.

-

R1146: We started rationing the food almost right away, of course. Intellectually, the problem was obvious. But none of us really understood the scope of the problem until we were in the midst of it. How would we? It would never happen in a normal community, because a normal community doesn't grow in the middle of a famine: people avoid having children they can't feed. That a town of ten thousand, already struggling to feed itself, would double its population in under a year? Madness. We did not understand because such a thing would never happen in nature. Our instincts are not calibrated for it.  

But of course, the Loop doesn't care what is natural.  

-

Sadie 2926: The Veehran desert isn't a friendly place for plants. Good soil is a living thing, host to a whole ecosystem of fungi and bacteria, nourished by organic detritus. Without water, the wind strips away all of that; all that's left is dust, practically sterile. If there were plants, that would help slow the erosion... but of course, in order to grow plants, you'd need water and good soil.

The Empire shipped in soil from someplace else - probably Sansar or one of the oases - to support their scientists when they set up Dometown. We didn't have that option. If we were going to feed ourselves, we'd need to figure out how to make our own topsoil, or go without.

-

R1146: We did everything we could to stave off starvation. We rationed our food; we grew mushrooms and tubers in underground gardens; we sent people out in every direction, bearing pleas for help. But it soon became clear that without some miracle windfall, we would not be able to feed everybody. Once we were forced to confront that... we soon realized it would be both kinder and less wasteful if a few embraced a quick death rather than a slow death by starvation.   

-

Mary-Anne 1739: There's a plant up in the foothills we call ice thistle. It's poisonous; the berries will cause muscle cramps and paralysis when ingested, usually fatal if untreated. Injected directly into a vein, it stops the heart in about ten seconds. I'd like to think it's painless, but... Well. It's better than what we had before, at least.

-

T112: They left me and Oliver out of the first few lotteries. It wasn't even a discussion at first; we were just kids, nobody was gonna argue that we should have to draw straws to see if we got to live. It was horrible enough that we were doing this at all. But after a few years, well... I was older than a freshly-emerged Jeremy. Should I still be exempt? If not, exactly how old did I have to be? People got into the most awful fights about it. Some people thought it wasn't fair to my parents to include me, because of course they'd volunteer to take my place if I was chosen, so putting me and my brother in the pool was basically doubling their chances. Some people thought that volunteers shouldn't be allowed at all, because it was tantamount to exploiting people with suicidal tendencies - and I can see their point, but how do you actually stop a Dave or Doris who just refuses to eat...?

-

MA2926: There's a lot of places in Tekhum where people's bodies are recycled after they die, in one way or another. Folks living in sealed habitats in Badal and Mekhala can't afford to waste biomass, and some of the Sansar faiths make a point of returning their bodies to the earth so that they can nourish new life. It sounds nice, in an abstract way. It's less nice when you have to grow your food atop a mass grave.

My wife tells me I have too vivid an imagination for my own good. She's probably right.

-

S2926: My wife likes to say our whole agricultural base is built on corpses. She's exaggerating, of course. You can't make good topsoil out of corpses. You need a diverse mix of microorganisms and organic detritus for a healthy soil ecosystem - that's why monocultures are so bad for the soil. For that matter, if there isn't already a good mix of critters in there, it takes forever for bodies to rot - if you bury a body in Veehran dust, it won't decompose, it mummifies.  

Lucky for us, human waste makes for much better fertilizer. We did run into that monoculture problem, though - seventeen people eating exactly the same diet for years on end doesn't make for a lot of variety! The only thing we had to supplement it was, well... those of us who didn't make it.

-

T112: We never did resolve most of those debates; the lottery was abolished before we got close to any kind of consensus. Our underground gardens were starting to bear fruit, so to speak, and enough outsiders knew we existed that we got merchant caravans dropping by on the regular to sell us supplies... I'm sure they thought they were charging exorbitant prices, but let me tell you, after six years of watching people die because we couldn't feed them? Nothing is worth more than food.

• Resist and hinder all unsupported buyouts
  • Resist and hinder all conversions that would introduce a new plurality or majority

News and Rumors

• A strange advertising campaign for Sansar-based foods raises eyebrows among the Castaways. Though a few are insulted by the reference to past famines, most are simply bewildered. Who pays the Basu-Rahman Group for that much airtime, only to let the advertisement itself be made by... unpaid interns with a shaky grasp of Imperial Common? A low-quality neural network? Pod people? Does Sansar have a race of weirdly patriotic pod people? "Food sufficient to meet nutritional requirements" quickly becomes a meme among the younger Loop-born, but the ads have little lasting impact beyond that.

Additional Notes

Treasure: 4/5
Spent this round: 2
Passive Treasure Income: 1/round

Military Units: 2/6

• Anyport Home Defense Militia, led by Cdr. Rhonda 28417 (ground)

• Drone flagship Memory, helmed by Cpt. Tina 21135 (space)

Organizations

• EMP: Reputation 0, 0 favors
  • WTU: Reputation 1, -1 favors
  • BRG: Reputation 0, 0 favors

Renown 2

Edited by The Snark (see edit history)
Name
Investigate the Veehran Triangle (TN ??, 2d8 + 4 INT +1 treasure
2d8+5 7,5

The Federation of Badalian Chaebols(FBC)

Dr. Song Freidman

Diplomacy 2
Military 2
Economy 6 (+2)
Faith 3
Intrigue 6

Economy: buyout tp3 of R10
Economy: buyout tp3 of R13
Intrigue: SECRET
Economy: buyout tp1 of R18

Economy: buyout tp1 of R19

Bookkeeping:
Trading Posts: 2
Regions of Majority Belief in PYSCO CAPITALISM: 1
Ground Units: 1 (+1)
Space Units: +1
Treasure: 0

Edited by Lleban (see edit history)
Name
buyout tp3 of R10
2d6+6 5,4
Economy: buyout tp3 of R13
2d6+6 5,6
Intrigue: Secret secrets
2d6+6 4,5
Economy: buyout tp1 of R18
2d6+6 3,2
Economy: buyout tp1 of R19
2d6+6 4,3

U.N.N.C.L.E
Capital: The Control Center (region 3 of FRED)
Round 2

News and Rumors

Kinfolk are upset with the formalization of their faith!

Actions
  • [Faith 5] - Formalize Religion of Paragonism, with additional Doctrinal Addendums for non-humans
    • subaction- provide copy to Arkhive Eaternal for building trust
  • Paragonsim

Overview

Paragonism is a Philosophical and Theological movement originating within the human population of the Badalian Aerostat denoted as the FRED (Free Ranging Endo-Atmospheric Dirigible).  It is characterized as both a philosophy and a religion, and the tenets vary depending on the focus of the practitioner.  Paragonism emphasizes the supremacy of the intangible Will over the material body, rigorous self-improvement of both physical and mental capacity, and the 5-S of existence.

Paragonism claims to be a distillation of multiple ancient human religions that discarded the mythical origin texts and focused on the scientific, rational structure.  Intense focus on the supremacy of Will over body for several centuries have enabled the practitioners of human paragonism to develop both extreme physical attributes and the ability to mentally influence the physical world around them. 

The philosophical and Theological movements diverge when talking about the ultimate goal of Paragonism.  This split serves the purpose to bring in non-human adherents to the base philosophy while preserving the theological ambitions.

Terminology

Candidacy- A follower of Paragonism is referred to as a Candidate.  Candidacy is the practice of the tenets of Paragonism.  Both terms have their root in the word candid, meaning being open and honest without hesitation.

Guardiancy- Those who reject the Tenets of Paragonism are called Guardians, and the practice of being secretive, duplicitous, and to prevaricate is considered Guardiancy.  From the root word guard, to protect. 

N-body Evolution- This is the ultimate goal of the universe itself- to become self aware through the sub-function of itself called life.

Null-body existence- The base state of all living things.  All living beings can act and react according to their nature.

One-body Harmony- A creature that is self-aware and self-conscious.  That is, a being that is aware of their own existence and can judge their actions independently of the act itself. 

Paragon- The ultimate expression of what a species is capable of becoming.  The ideal state of being.  All followers of Paragonism strive to reach this state.

Prowess:  The ability to influence the physical world through application of Will.  Also called Magic by many outside Paragonism

Two-Body Exigency- Understanding that there exists fundamental rules that govern the universe.  These rules can be manipulated by those who have intimate understanding of those rules. 

Will:  The intangible power of the mind to be self-referential and self-correcting.

Tenets

Null-body Existence: All living beings in the universe have a Null-body existence.  It is a state where their actions and reactions are encoded in their biology.  It is possible through training to add new behaviors and modify existing ones.  But these modifications are only possible through manipulation of the null-body state.  Creatures in a Null-Body Existence lack Will to change themselves in opposition to their biological imperatives.

One-Body Harmony:  There exists a sub-set of all living beings who have achieved One-Body Harmony and developed Will.  These beings are aware of themselves as individual entities, and are able to judge their actions, study the consequences, and develop plans to alter their behavior for the betterment of themselves and others.  Existing in this state demands assessment of the actions themselves as well as the motives and abilities behind them.  It is through this loop, and the application of the 5 S’s of Self, that Candidates can approach a Paragon state.

One-Body Harmony is the intangible Will in dominance over the physical body.  Luminous beings are we, not our crude matter.  A dedicated Candidate must master the basic control over self before they can be able to approach a Paragon state.  Breathing, eating, drinking, sleeping, dreaming, all aspects of physical existence can be controlled, modified, and improved through the dictates of the Will. 

The 5 S’s of Self:

Simplicity- All true needs are internal, and all true satisfaction comes from the achievement of goals.  Also called Sifting, it is the selection of what is important in one’s life and dismissal of that which is unimportant. 

Self-effacement- Understanding that goals are important, but they need to be pursued within an ethical framework.  Everyone has goals, and everyone is striving to achieve them.  Only through conscientious understanding of others can one’s goals be properly pursued.  Also called Sorting, it is understanding how to align one’s goals to others’.

Sincerity- Honesty in intra and interpersonal relationships is the central currency of all Candidates.  It means valuing the positive and negative experiences equally.  Also called sweeping.  The removal of the dirt and debris that often covers valuable truth.

Stability- Improvement and achieving goals comes in incremental steps, set-backs, and periods of normalization.  This is not failure, this is necessary.  It is only through accepting the idling can acceleration be properly judged.  Also called Standardization.  It is the idea that progress can be judge by what is the new normal and not merely the exceptional.

Self-efficacy- The belief that everyone had the ability to succeed with their goals.  Sustaining is another word for it.  Losing belief in oneself is corrosive to all One-Body Harmony.  Self-efficacy powers the continuous improvement loop that is Candidacy.

Two-Body Exigency: The body is subservient to Will.  It is a part of the physical universe.  The Will is a higher-level system than the biological body, thus it can achieve results the lower-level biology alone cannot.

Through proper training and discipline, other parts of the physical universe can be made to be subservient to Will. These, too, are lower-level systems, incapable of changing themselves.  The biological functionality of oneself can be changed and so can others’.  Intense dedication and training is required to approach the Paragon State in any one of the categories of Prowess. 

The exercise of Prowess is in alignment with goals.  The practice of Prowess is to develop toward a Paragon State.  While it is necessary to utilize Prowess to fulfill the requirements of society, societal acceptability is merely the stabilization phase of any growth.   

N-body Evolution- True mastery of the rules of the universe will allow the N-Body master to align the universe to their thoughts and will.  This is the ultimate goal of the universe itself- to become self-aware through the sub-function of itself called life. Candidates must understand their place in the larger effort of the Universe to come into its own awareness. 

Ethics

Creatures who have achieved one-body harmony should be expected to act in accordance with the laws of their society.  They are expected to control their Null-body instincts.  Unthinking reaction is no excuse for unethical action.  Paragonists take a dim view towards those who cannot control their desires.  It is the basis of the Guardian term as a pejorative.  Those that are protecting their animal instincts from the consequences of their poor actions. 

The 5 S’s of self extend to the society in which the Candidates live. Most Candidates will leave simple existences, preferring experiences to material possessions.  Humility and deference to those in a Candidate’s personal and professional circles is to be expected.  Call it networking or team-building, the focus on developing meaningful relationships is greatly desired.  Providing meaningful critique when asked is a sign of genuine affection between individuals.  But prevarication to spare someone’s feelings is seen as disingenuous. 

Candidates favor actions that encourage and develop the potential of others.  Societal restraints, caste systems, slavery, and the like, are abhorrent to practitioners of Paragonism. 

The use of Two-Body Exigency can be problematic in individuals who have not embraced One-Body harmony.  Shared Meditation and Communion between individuals is far more potent than simple physical interaction and carries similar potential for disaster.  Similarly, the use of Bioelectrical Mediation, Boyelian Equivalancy, or Electro-Magnetic Adroitness has the potential for great benefit, or great disaster.  Such training needs to be strictly controlled.

Differences in Philosophical Paragonism versus Theological Paragonism

The main difference between the two branches of Paragonism center around the ultimate goal and the efforts to become a Paragon.

Philosophical Paragonism believes that all species who have achieved One-Body Harmony can, and should, utilize the Tenets to build better selves and better societies.  Conscientiously pushing yourself and your society to be better, stronger, faster, smarter, quicker, and more equitable- this is the goal of a self-aware culture.

Theological Paragonism is still rooted in human paragonism of the human Kinfolk of U.N.N.C.L.E on the FRED.  It is the belief in focused multi-generational efforts to expand Two-Body Exigency.  This effort will inevitably lead to the birth of a being who will understand the entirety of time & space and the ruleset of the universe. 

History

Few records exist from before the War of Eternal Bombardments, but the fragments that the Kinfolk retain indicate that research into Two-Body Exigency had been ongoing and well established for decades, if not centuries before the War.  Human paragonism developed within the isolated community of spiritualists, martial-artists, mentalists, and scientists isolated on Badal in FRED.  Corporate philosophy and thinking was also integrated to ensure those without ability were seen as integral to the ideology as well.  Concepts that were once seen as corporate continuous improvement and productivity enhancing evolved into intra-personal and societal techniques and strictures. 

The Theological aspects of human paragonism developed out of the Spiritual-Revanchist movement of the late 1400s.  Records indicate a series of conflicts within the central core, resulting in radical societal re-alignment. It is during this time that the terms Kin-folk and Guest start to be used in the FRED.  The destruction of the concepts of family and matrilineal naming conventions further solidified the theological hold on the society.  It was during this time that UNNCLE became the dominant socio-political force in the FRED.

In recent decades, the Board of UNNCLE has sought to soften its stance towards the work being done by the Kinfolk and issued a Reformation Order.  This order codified the split between the philosophy of Paragonism from the theology of human paragonism.  It was this codification that set the path for the formalization of Paragonism as it stands now.

• [Economic] If allowed, Buy out trading post 16.3 for Sankar Medicae. Their skills should provide numerous mind-enhancing drugs. BUYOUT ROLL
  • [Economic]- Hoard 1 treasure
  • [Diplomacy] - Contribute to the Imperium's Mytho-Historical Data Gathering efforts with our faith formalization, and a template for future Faith entries
  • [Diplomacy] Since Aerostat 5 is unexplored, send a mission there to establish diplomatic discusion. MISSION ROLL:2d6+5

Expected +1 Faith, +1 diplomacy

Non-Actions
  • Resist and/or hinder all conversions and buyouts except from UHS for a trading post.
  •  

Reminders for myself

All countries must pay 1 Treasure to the Empire by the end of round 3 or lose 1 Reputation with EMP, can pay as event suba-ction
Gain 1 Renown the first time you Construct Arcology, Found Holy Order, or Raise Fortress
Gain 1 treasure when Mytho-Historical Data Gathering is complete
Any country that takes the Construct Arcology action before the end of Round 6 may gain 1 Treasure as a sub-action

symbol.png.fe775c325b196a3fb6b2a6393e0f7581.png

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

Chairperson Lucas Oliver James Mellus Tristan
(they/them)

Military:2
Economy: 4
Faith5
Intrigue: 2

Ground units: 0
Space units: 1
Treasure: 0 + 0 per round

BRG: 0 rep / 0 favors
REN: rank 0

Edited by The_Murgen (see edit history)
Name
BUYOUT ROLL
2d6+4 2,3
MISSION ROLL
2d6+5 1,5

path3973.png?ex=65b8c927&is=65a65427&hm=
The Kingdom of High Ishtahnos
By the Light of the Sun, His Royal Highness, John IV, High King of Ishtahnos
First Minister Johnathon Royston Rageclaw
2004-2006 IR, 2037-2039 IC

Actions:
1: [Diplomacy] Host the Millennial Jubilee of the Kingdom of High Ishtahnos.
The year two thousand and four, Ishtahn Reckoning, is the millennial year of the Kingdom and all throughout the land grand celebrations, wild parties, parades, festivals, picnics, soirees and galas are being held in honour of this monumental milestone. As a small part of this great kingdom-wide and year long jubilee a gala is held at the Royal Palace in the capital city of Harazan to give the Elect a chance to join with the High King in celebration.

2: [Diplomacy] Attempt to Sway the Government Faction of Region 67. Success!
Negotiations with Chorb's people to the east continue with great enthusiasm on both sides. Still, integrating an entire land home to tens of millions of people isn't something that can be done overnight and the devil is, as always, in the details so despite reaching consensus on many issues the full treaty may still take many years to work out.

3: [Military] Raise one ground unit.
Despite concerns from the Ministry of Finance about where they're going to find the money, the Royal Army continues to grow and equipment continues to be stockpiled. The Army is nearing ninety thousand active personnel, though many are in training.

4: [Military] Raise one space unit.
Without the direct assistance of Imperial engineers, expansion of the Royal Navy slows down, but work at the royal shipyards near the outskirts of Dantenon continues 'round the clock. The second Ishtahn battlecruiser takes flight merely a week behind schedule. Visually the RNI Karavon is the twin of the RNI Azania, but being second it lacks many of the minor flaws and inefficiencies in the systems of its predecessor.
It is joined by escorts and support ships, the cruisers RNI Harazan and RNI Corvopolitanus being the most significant among them.

5: [Diplomacy] Attend the Festival of Ability.
-Accept one treasure from the Illumined Utopia
Marcus Langton Dusthide, a sorcerous master of gramarye, is sponsored by the Ministry of Arts to attend the Festival of Ability on Badal. Though unexpected, he manages to take third prize and receives a frankly ludicrous sum of money for one man. Upon his return to Ishtahnos he gives most of the money to the Kingdom and its people, keeping only a 'small' portion for himself. When asked what he plans to do now he just shrugs and says something noncommittal about maybe going on holiday.

Nonactions:
None at this time.

News and Rumours

The ascension of the Elect was hoped to be the herald of a new age of peace and prosperity, but as expected war spreads across the worlds of Tekhum. Even Veehra finds itself marred by conflict as blood is once more spilled upon the sands. Unable to intercede and stop the conflict, the Parliament of High Ishtahnos makes a declaration that any who seek shelter from war and persecution are welcome in their lands. Existing aid agencies are pre-emptively expanded in preparation for the inevitable.

Though their previous declaration on the topic calling out Verdalfheim may have been viewed as empty words, the Parliament of High Ishtahnos announces and passes legislation designed to aid in combatting the evils of slavery. The Act of Pirate Amnesty guarantees that almost* any pirate may be granted the right to utilise Ishtahn port facilities and temporary amnesty from prosecution for piracy or threat of extradition for a period of at least three weeks** should they have rescued slaves and need a safe harbour. In addition the Act provides for payment of a generous reward for each and every rescued slave.
*There are of course exceptions. Pirates that go around torturing and kidnapping and slaving and doing other depraved acts are obviously not covered by this act. The best rule of thumb is that if your actions make the other pirates want to stab you in the liver so they can watch you bleed to death then the Act of Pirate Amnesty does not apply to you.
**The three weeks may be extended on a case by case basis, but it is generally accepted that three weeks is enough time for enforcement officials from outraged slaveholding states to give up or get sloppy so you can make a getaway.

The latest ad campaign broadcast by Basu-Rahman marketing spices to the Ishtahn is first met with confusion, then disbelief and finally with laughter. Within hours it quickly becomes the latest meme to grip the nation. Of course after a few weeks it gets stale and Basu-Rahman gets inundated with complaints about the quality of advertisements on their networks and viewership numbers start to decline.

2006 IR: The High King's eldest son, Prince Lauren, has reached his twentieth-first year! In accordance with tradition he has begun the first of the Rites of Kingship. With the blessing of his parents has departed the capital of Harazan and travelled into the western highlands with only his trusted nightmare Calamity and a few possessions he can carry with him. For a year he will live on the open plains as his ancestors did, a life many Ishtahn still live, following the great herds and hunting the wild beasts.

Ruler Information

First Minister Johnathon Royston Rageclaw

Diplomacy: 4
Military: 6
Economy: 3
Faith: 3

Expected stat increases: +1 Military, +1 Diplomacy

Trade Details and Technologies

The Highlands of Ishtahnos, Region 65, TP1: Veehran Aurochs

Treasure: 0 (+1)

Dust Hardening
Nuclear Fusion
Xenolinguistic Cataloguing
Arcane Amplification
Algorithmic Imagination
In Vivo Modification
Aclaustrophobic Psychology

Other Bookkeeping

Grounds units: 2 (+1)
Space units: 1 (+1)

Edited by Elemental
Success slightly dampened by a formatting error. Woo! I won! THIRD. (see edit history)
Name
Making friends with the government of Region 67, also known as Sway Faction
2d6+4 2,6

The Twilight League
Round 2

Violetta, Herald of the Second Dawn
Vesper (Limbo, The Wheel, Purgatory) (Region 58)
Diplomacy: 1
Faith: 5
Heir: Lilium
D: 2 M: 1 E: 2 F: 3 I: 2

Actions:

• [Diplomacy] Attend the Mekhala Mad Dash of 2037.
    • Lilium quietly attends the race, their presence only made clear after the fact save to a few interested parties. Despite the subdued and largely political nature of their visit, they return with a noted appreciation for the race itself, and it would be unsurprising to see at least Vesperite entrant next time it is held.
  • [Economy] Buyout TP 2 of Vesperite Rangers in Vesper (58.2), spending one treasure. (Success.)
    • The various warlords that form the primary power structures of the Twilight League always have a need for soldiers and other specialized roles, and with war just outside their borders and some very concerning rumors coming out of Narsai, that is truer than ever.
  • [Economy] Construct a WTU base in Vesper (Region 58).
  • [Economy] Construct a WTU base in Vesper.
  • [Economy] Construct a WTU base in Vesper.
    • It seems likely that a Trading Hall within a reasonable distance for a groundcar caravan from their headquarters was not precisely what the Union had in mind. It seems even more likely that construction of one in a sunless wasteland was not at all their intent. Nevertheless, in a bid for legitimacy, the Twilight League does just that. They also go one step further than strictly required, constructing an entire complex to house it in addition to the structure itself. As a neutral marketplace with rules strictly enforced by the Twilight League, the complex is an obvious hub for inter-faction trading, and quickly comes to house a small but growing number of businesses intended to cater to travelers and Union members alike - though it remains to be seen how many of the latter will find the fact that the various spirits for sale are produced by the employees offputting.

Expected stat changes: +2 Economy

Nonactions

• Enter favor debt with the Basu-Rahman Group for extraordinarily farious purposes.

News and Rumours

• The Llort Society Protectorate's generous offer is readily accepted, Lilium having finalized the details between the end of the Mekhala Mad Dash and their return home.

Statistics
Unit Count: 2 Ground, 1 Space
Treasure: 4 (Spending 1 this round)

Country Information

Special Actions Available: Faith 5
Special Actions Used: Military 5

Heir: Lilium (Dynastic; they/them with specific exceptions)

Diplomacy

Reputation/Favours
Imperial Court: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: None)
Pan-Tekhum Worker's & Trader's Union: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: None)
Basu-Rahman Group: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: None)
International Renown: Renown 0

Organisation Bases
None (Expected change: Trading Hall in Vesper)

Embassies
None

Cultural Identities

None

Great Works
None

Military

Unit Cap: 6 (4 + 1 region + 1 support)
Ground Units: 2
Space Units: 1

Government Support: 58

Generals

None

Admirals

Void-leader Seraphine (Mil 9): Master of Arms (+1 to battle roll for every two Artifacts attached to Seraphine; minimum +1 for one Artifact, maximum +4 for eight Artifacts.)

Perfected Tactical Doctrines
None

Fortresses
None

Military Technologies

Active Military Techs

Man-Portable Weapons
Infantry Equipment
Combat Drugs and Medicine
Armored Vehicles
Field Fortifications
Engineered Combat Organisms

Detection and Rangefinding
Ship to Ship Weapons
Orbit to Ground Weapons
Crew and Maintenance
Armor and Shields
Spacecraft Propulsion

Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures
Special Forces
Logistics and Morale

Economy

Treasure: 4 (Expected Change: -1)
Treasure Cap: 5

Trade Posts
Effective Total TPs: 2
Treasure Rate: 0

Mercantile Support

Arcologies
None

Trade Routes
None

Faith

Media Support: 58

Faith Size: 3
Organised Faith Bonuses
None

Artefacts
None

Holy Orders
None

Miracles
None

Intrigue

Espionage Agency: No

Claims

58 - Integration

Total Passive Effects

Traversal:
Wet Navy Ships: Ground units can cross bodies of water

Actions:Defence:
Misc:

Edited by Lady Serpentine (see edit history)
Name
Buyout (with treasure) (58.2)
2d6+3 5,4

White Pawns
Round 2, Region 23
His Excellency Elia Eramo, Imperial Plenipotentiary for Kan
Intrigue: 4

Kan-flag.png

Rolls: see dice tower below

Actions:
  1. [Diplomacy] Raise reputation with EMP 1>2 2d6+5 Dip = 16

2. [Economy] Raise Treasure

3. [Military] Recruit space unit

4. [Military] Recruit ground unit

5. [Diplomacy] Diplomatic mission to region 103 2d6 +5 Dip +1 EMP rep = 16

Non-Actions:
Accept Trade Route from Durats (RAT). The Durats receive credit of 3 MWG, and WTP promises not to participate in offensive military action against them.

News and Rumors:
  • Mercenary services continue to be offered - the White Pawns are much cheaper than getting military support from the Imperial Armada!

Current Credit:

Polity Credit in MWG
RAT

Current payment methods and rates:

Item Value in MWG
1 Treasure (Kroesids) 1
Technology previously unavailable to WTP 0.5-1.5 depending on rarity and utility
Trade Route/Embassy with WTP 3
Artefact 4
Resource provided once 0.3
Government support or TP (controlled by you, offered for WTP's permanent use) 1.5
Region given to WTP (without counting Government, TPs) 1.5

Services rendered:

Service Price in MWG
Ground / Space unit deployed 1
General / Admiral deployed 1
Delivery (i.e. war actions taken by WTP) Free
Technologies etc. used by WTP in assisting you Free
Sack a 2
Trade Route Blockade 1 in first round of blockade and 1 each odd round thereafter
Protection (WTP cannot be hired against you, valid once you have paid at least 2 MWG for it) 1 in first round of protection and 1 each odd round thereafter
Investigation a 2.5
Theft a 2.5
Slander a 2.5
Undermine Support etc. a 2.5

a) repeated until successful/rendered irrelevant by circumstances

Terms and Conditions:

Any offer may be refused by the Imperial Plenipotentiary for Kan or the Council of Captains for any reason. The White Pawns will refuse one of a set of contradictory missions, e.g. if requested to attack and defend a region. The White Pawns will also refuse missions if there is insufficient manpower to carry all missions out. You may pay more than the prices listed above; if you do, it may be taken into consideration when deciding which missions to refuse.

You may go in debt with the White Pawns and pay later, but if the debt is egregious, or it is mainained for an excessively long period, it may be collected on actively. Rebellion against the Empire will not be backed by the White Pawns. The customer is responsible for accounting for distance penalties travel times.

Spoiler: Ruler
Hide

His Excellency Elia Eramo, Imperial Plenipotentiary for Kan
Next round stats:

Diplomacy: 5 + 1
Military: 6 + 1
Intrigue: 4

Used specials: -

New ruler next round? No

Spoiler: Country Info, updated round 0
Hide

Units Ground/Space: 2/2, + 1/1 next round

Regions:
Sansar:
23 (Kan, capital)

Spoiler: Action Templates
Show
Edited by CoronaBorealis (see edit history)
Name
Raise reputation with EMP 1>2
2d6+5 5,6
Diplomatic mission to region 103
2d6+5+1 4,6

End of Round Two.

No further mechanical edits to action posts may be made!

Battles

The Black Cloud Coalition invades Region 15

Space Front:

Hai Ping & Dao-Mao [BCC] (Mil 10) attempting Electronic Bombardment (own Orbital Superiority bonus applies to Ground Front Tactical Maneuvering); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

Supreme Integrated Command [NPC] (Region 15 commander) attempting Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

vs.

Coalition Captain Jie Meifeng [BCC] (Mil 7) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Supreme Integrated Command: Region 15 TM + score

Coalition Captain Jie Meifeng: BCC 15 TM (7 Mil + 3 Electronic Bombardment)

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 15 battle+Score [+2 if TacMan]

Black Cloud Coalition: BCC 15 battle (+7 Mil, +4 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure)

Casualties:

ID: 1

BCC: 0

The Eucrus Alliance invades Region 18

Space Front:

Navarch Tuahine [TEA] (Mil 5) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

The Ace [NPC] Region 18 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

General Mata Vai [TEA] (Mil 8) attempting Point-Blank Ordinance (+2 battle, +10% enemy casualties)

Tactical Maneuvering:

The Ace: Region 18 TM+Score

General Mata Vai: TEA 18 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 18 battle+Score

Eucrus Alliance: TEA 18 battle (+8 Mil, +2 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure) [+2 if TacMan]

Casualties:

ID: 2

TEA: 0

The Radiant Republic of Erisdor invades Region 31

Space Front:

Sovereign Protector Cathal Oirbsiu [RRE] (Mil 7) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

Pathfinder Dibbux [NPC] 31 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

General Aíne Uistein [RRE] (Mil 9) attempting Boot of Liberty (On a TM success, may attempt one Impress action in the region where the battle takes place as a subaction of the battle)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Pathfinder Dibbux: 31 TM+Score

General Aíne Uistein: RRE 31 TM

RRE Impresses the Government in Region 31!

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 31 battle+Score

Radiant Republic of Erisdor: RRE 31 battle (+9 Mil, +4 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority) 

Casualties:

RRE: 1

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim invades Region 38

Space Front:

Hinrik dei Fiori [ALF] attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

Colonel Beldhan [NPC] 38 commanderattempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

Arni dei Fiori [ALF] (Mil 9) attempting Relentless Butchery (+20% enemy casualties)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Colonel Beldhan: 38 TM+Score

Arni dei Fiori: ALF 38 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 38 battle+Score 

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim: ALF 38 battle (+9 Mil, +1 Unit, +3 Orbital Superiority) 

Casualties:

ID: 0

ALF: 0

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim invades Region 51

Space Front:

Hinrik dei Fiori [ALF] attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

The First Fisherman [NPC] 51 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

Chancellor Eydis [ALF] (Mil 7) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

Tactical Maneuvering:

The First Fisherman: 51 TM+Score

Chancellor Eydis: ALF 51 TM+7

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 51 battle+Score 

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim: ALF 51 battle (+7 Mil, +3 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority) 

Casualties:

ALF: 0

Chancellor Eydis is captured!

Eilif Dhaoine and Coedd invade Region 41

Space Front:

Eilif Dhaoine Subcommander [ELD] (Mil 3) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

General Veldoon [NPC] 41 commanderattempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

Giomad of Fairnead [ELD] (Mil 8) attempting Bleed Them Dry (+1 battle, +10% enemy casualties)

Tactical Maneuvering:

General Veldoon: 41 TM +Score

Giomad of Fairnead: ELD 41 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 41 battle+Score 

Eilif Dhaoine: ELD 41 battle (+8 Mil, +1 ELD Unit, +1 COE Unit, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure) [+1 if TacMan]

Casualties:

ELD: 0

COE: 0

The Illuminated Utopian invades Region 45

Space Front:

Admiral Legate Victolus [ILU] (Mil 7) attempting Rapid Redeployment (+2 to Orbital Superiority Bonus); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

The Wyrmseer [NPC] 45 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

Console Prisca Calpurnius[ILU] (Mil 6) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

Tactical Maneuvering:

The Wyrmseer: 45 TM+Score

Console Prisca Calpurnius: ILU 45 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 45 battle+Score

Illuminated Utopian: ILU 45 battle (+6 Mil, +1 Unit, +5 Orbital Superiority)

Casualties:

ILU: 0

The Cloudburst Confederation invades Region 53

Space Front:

Cloudburst Subcommander [CBC] (Mil 3) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

The Grandmaster [NPC] 53 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

General Olodolo [CBC] (Mil 10) attempting Avva’s Watchful Eye (On a TM success, may attempt one Conversion action in the region where the battle takes place as a subaction of the battle)

Tactical Maneuvering:

The Grandmaster: 53 TM+Score

Generaal Olodolo: CBC 53 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 53 battle+Score

Cloudburst Confederation: CBC 53 battle (+10 Mil, +2 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure, +1 Cult of Avva) [Conversion of 2d6+6 if TacMan]

Casualties:

ID: 0

CBC: 0

The Soom-Clan Marauders invade Region 55

Space Front:

Subcommander Paula Soom [SCM] (Mil 3) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

Antithotron 9 [NPC] 55 commander attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

vs.

Heir Yaki Soom [SCM] (Mil 5) attempting Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Antithotron 9: 55 TM+Score

Heir Yaki Soom: SCM 55 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 55 battle+Score

Soom-Clan Marauders: SCM 55 battle(+5 Mil, +4 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure)

Casualties:

SCM: 0

The Arvaxine Populate invades Region 70

Space Front:

Arvaxine Subcommander [AVP] (Mil 3) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides); AUTOMATIC SUCCESS

Ground Front:

Demigod En-Sha-Nerat [NPC] 70 commander attempting Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

vs.

Arvaxine Subcommander [AVP] (Mil 3) attempting Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Demigod En-Sha-Nerat: 70 TM+Score

Arvaxine Subcommander: ARV 70 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 70 battle+Score [+2 if TacMan]

Arvaxine Populate: ARV 70 battle (+3 Mil, +3 Units, +3 Orbital Superiority, +1 Treasure) 

Casualties:

ARV: 0

The House of Fire invades Region 81

Combined Front:

Litigator Prime [NPC] 81 commander attempting Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

vs.

Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima [HOF] (Mil 8) attempting In the Light of Chastising Stars (+2 to battle)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Litigator Prime: 81 TM+Score

Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima: HOF 81 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 81 battle+Score [+2 if TacMan]

House of Fire: HOF 81 battle (+8 Mil, +3 Units) [+2 if TacMan]

Casualties:

HOF: 0

Litigator Prime is lost!

The Dwarven Industrial Coalition invades Region 90

Combined Front:

Brewmaster Flux [NPC] 90 commander attempting Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

vs.

Dr. Horace Thorne [DIC] (Mil 10) attempting Engineered Onslaught (+1 to battle, +10% enemy casualties)

Tactical Maneuvering:

Brewmaster Flux: 90 TM+Score

Dr. Horace Thorne: DIC 90 TM

Battle:

Indigenous Defenders: 90 battle+Score [+2 if TacMan]

Dwarven Industrial Coalition: DIC 90 battle (+10 Mil, +4 Units) [+1 if TacMan]

Casualties:

DIC: 0

Other GM Rolls

oooh spooky

mystery roll

Edited by Minescratcher452 (see edit history)
Name
oooh spooky
2d10+1 5,3
mystery roll
2d6+5 6,2
Region 15 commander
1d10 1
Region 15 TM
2d6 6,5
BCC 15 TM
2d6+10 5,1
15 battle
2d10+2 2,8
BCC 15 battle
2d10+15 3,5
Region 18 commander
1d10 7
Region 18 TM
2d6 5,3
TEA 18 TM
2d6+8 5,3
18 battle
2d10+4 7,6
TEA 18 battle
2d10+14 9,3
31 commander
1d10 2
31 TM
2d6 6,6
RRE 31 TM
2d6+9 2,6
31 battle
2d10+4 1,7
RRE 31 battle
2d10+16 3,6
38 commander
1d10 10
38 TM
2d6 4,5
ALF 38 TM
2d6+9 2,6
38 battle
2d10+3 5,3
ALF 38 battle
2d10+13 3,3
51 commander
1d10 3
51 TM
2d6 3,2
ALF 51 TM
2d6 5,4
51 battle
2d10+3 4,7
ALF 51 battle
2d10+13 10,8
41 commander
1d10 2
41 TM
2d6 1,3
ELD 41 TM
2d6+8 4,5
41 battle
2d10+2 7,9
ELD 41 battle
2d10+14 4,3
45 commander
1d10 10
45 TM
2d6 3,4
ILU 45 TM
2d6+6 1,5
45 battle
2d10+2 8,2
ILU 45 battle
2d10+12 6,9
53 commander
1d10 10
53 TM
2d6 3,6
CBC 53 TM
2d6+10 3,2
53 battle
2d10+5 3,9
CBC 53 battle
2d10+17 2,8
55 commander
1d10 7
55 TM
2d6 4,2
SCM 55 TM
2d6+5 4,3
55 battle
2d10+4 8,8
SCM 55 battle
2d10+13 6,8
70 commander
1d10 10
70 TM
2d6 2,6
ARV 70 TM
2d6+3 3,5
70 battle
2d10+2 7,7
ARV 70 battle
2d10+10 7,9
81 commander
1d10 6
81 TM
2d6 5,1
HOF 81 TM
2d6+8 3,1
81 battle
2d10+2 6,10
HOF 81 battle
2d10+11 7,1
90 commander
1d10 6
90 TM
2d6 4,6
DIC 90 TM
2d6+10 3,6
90 battle
2d10+3 8,2
DIC 90 battle
2d10+14 10,10
15 casualties
1d3+1d4-1 1,3
BCC 15 casualties
1d2-1 1
18 cas
2d3 1,3
TEA 18 cas
1d4 2
31 cas
1d3+1d4 2,2
RRE 31 cas
1d2 2
38 cas
1d4-1 1
ALF 38 cas
2d3-2 1,1
51 cas
1d3+1d4 3,3
ALF 51 cas
1d1-1 1
41 cas
2d3 2,1
ELD 41 cas
1d4 1
45 cas
1d3+1d4-2 2,4
ILU 45 cas
1d3-1 3
53 cas
2d3-2 1,1
CBC 53 cas
2d3-2 3,1
55 cas
2d3-2 2,2
SCM 55 cas
2d3-2 2,1
ARV 70 cas
2d3-2 1,2
70 cas
1d4+1 2
HOF 81 cas
1d3+1d4-2 2,1
81 cas
1d3+1 3
DIC 90 cas
1d1 1
90 cas
1d3+1d4+2 2,3
15 leader loss
1d20-1 8
BCC leader loss
1d20-0 19
18 LL
1d20-2 14
TEA LL
1d20-0 6
31 LL
1d20-2 10
RRE LL
1d20-1 5
38 LL
1d20-0 10
ALF 38 LL
1d20-0 15
51 LL
1d20-2 15
ALF 51 LL
1d20-0 1
41 LL
1d20-1 8
ELD LL
1d20-0 14
45 LL
1d20-1 4
ILU LL
1d20-0 5
53 LL
1d20-0 14
CBC LL
1d20-0 15
55 LL
1d20-1 6
SCM LL
1d20-0 14
70 LL
1d20-1 7
ARV LL
1d20-0 4
81 LL
1d20-1 2
HOF LL
1d20-0 15
90 LL
1d20-2 18
DIC LL
1d20-0 11
RRE TD Impress Government (TN 14)
2d6+7 3,4
ILU Renown 4 roll-off
2d6+5 3,3
ELD Renown 4 roll-off
2d6+6 3,3
LSP Renown 4 roll-off
2d6+6 5,1
SNK Renown 4 roll-off
2d6+4 1,4
BAF Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+6 2,6
CAS Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+5 1,5
CBC Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+2 2,3
CUS Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+7 5,4
FBC Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+2 6,2
GCC Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+6 1,1
GLO Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+6 3,3
ISH Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+4 2,4
MIR Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+3 3,5
MSQ Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+5 3,4
NDR Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+7 2,1
SEV Public's Fickle Eye
2d6+6 2,4
GLO secondary roll-off
2d6 5,3
MSQ secondary roll-off
2d6 3,5
SEV secondary roll-off
2d6 4,2
What
2d6+5 4,2
A
2d6+5 5,2
Tangled
2d6+2 1,2
Web
2d6+2 6,4
We
1d100 38
Weave
1d100 45

Round 3: Begin!

Years 2040-2042 of the 99,803rd Era of the Imperial Calendar

Round 3 will close on Sunday, March 10th.

Announcements!

Be aware that images hosted on Discord will expire after 24 hours! This change was made a couple months ago (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/discord-will-switch-to-temporary-file-links-to-block-malware-delivery/) and affects any file you’re using discord to host. If you need an alternative for banners and other such images, the GM team suggests uploading images directly to myth-weavers or using https://imgbb.com/.

Starting this round, there will be a mid-round post by the Faction Tracker GM (Aerin) detailing which Desired Imports have not been met and how long they can be unmet before unrest begins. This information is difficult to compile in time for the opener because it relies upon the tables being updated with the current round’s results. Thank you for your patience.

If your region's name on the Regional Tables is [red and in brackets], then it's a placeholder because the name was unclear - let a table keeper know the actual name to get it fixed.

Silent_Interim is taking a temporary leave of absence from the game. I do not have a timeline to provide, but I anticipate their return within the round. Some Org-related questions will have delayed answers for this reason.

Please be aware of the prerequisites of your actions, especially special actions! I've tried to be flexible since it's the start of the game and I've missed some illegal actions, but moving forward I will be able to keep a closer eye on them. Note especially for the near future that creating a technology requires you to own all of its prerequisites.

Stats for heirs must be assigned when the heir is rolled, not when they inherit. If you have an heir (especially a nondynastic heir) whose rolls are not explicitly assigned, please assign them as a non-action this round.

Discovery!

Explorations, prospecting, and other news from afar

Maps of Tekhum

Tekhum

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2FN6GWx5x%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FY7Vf2m2%2F0-Tekhum-System-Base-Map.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D%0A%5BI%5D%5BSIZE%3D1%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fopengameart.org%2Fcontent%2Fspace-pixel-art%22%5DSprites%20by%20peony.%5B%2FURL%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FI%5D

Region numbers marked on the overall solar system map above indicate single-region natural and artificial satellites. New space stations and similar regions created during the game will be added to this map.

Badal

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2FLrMVvch%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FT1Z9r7q%2F1-Badal.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D%0A%5BI%5D%5BSIZE%3D1%5D%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fopengameart.org%2Fcontent%2F16x16-fantasy-pixel-art-vehicles%22%5DAirship%20sprite%20by%20DualR.%5B%2FURL%5D%20Commissioned%20by%20OpenGameArt.org.%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FI%5D
1-Badal.png
Airship sprite by DualR. Commissioned by OpenGameArt.org.

Sansar

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2Fc8sJQ44%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FSmZNBFF%2F2-Sansar.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D%0A%5BSIZE%3D1%5D%5BI%5DSpace%20Needle%20sprite%20from%20%5BURL%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fgame-icons.net%2F%22%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgame-icons.net%2F%5B%2FURL%5D.%5B%2FI%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D
2-Sansar.png
Space Needle sprite from https://game-icons.net/.

Firmament

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2FgwWbmJw%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FvmdCVkm%2F2-SZ-Firmament.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D%0A%5BI%5D%5BSIZE%3D1%5DNot%20to%20scale.%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FI%5D
2-SZ-Firmament.png
Not to scale.

Aridyin

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2FccFMKyR%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FBVZdHfv%2F2-SZ-Aridyin.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D
2-SZ-Aridyin.png

Veehra

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2F09ckppF%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FmyGmrrX%2F3-Veehra.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D
3-Veehra.png

Mekhala

%5Burl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fibb.co%2Ff8F0v76%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FXyLJ8T0%2F4-Mekhala.png%5B%2Fimg%5D%5B%2Furl%5D%0A%5BI%5D%5BSIZE%3D1%5DDistances%20not%20to%20scale.%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2FI%5D
4-Mekhala.png
Distances not to scale.

Following reports of a failed U.N.N.C.L.E. expedition to the aerostat, the Biarbu move to survey the region from a safer distance. They find little to explain the previous explorers’ fates, as the region seems relatively peaceable and unremarkable, at least by the standards of Badal. The most dangerous threat to the survey team is an argument over whether the unique local fauna are properly considered “winged quadrupeds” or “hexapods.” BRB explores Region 7, discovering a region with a Majority of Conjunction Prophets, two Trade Posts of Winged Camels (Fauna), a Desired Import of Flora, and 3 units of native defenders!

With reliable space travel easily available, the White Pawns mount Tekhum’s first mission to Aridyin! Perhaps overly optimistic in their planning, the lunar explorers are fully equipped to make contact with any alien civilization they might encounter, but they find little of any substance on Sansar’s moon. Dust, regolith, and craters are the themes of the mission’s final report - though they note it would be perfectly feasible to colonize the region. WTP explores Region 103, discovering an uninhabited uncolonized region!

The Eucrus Alliance finds the lack of data on the strategically significant Badalian space stations galling, and dispatches a diplomatic mission to make contact with the inhabitants of one of them. Doing so is not difficult, as the station appears to be dedicated to the production of spacecraft, and though the locals lack Imperial drives they still manage to intercept the explorers for a guided tour of the station. TEA explores Region 105, discovering a zero-g region with a Majority of Thrinakrians, one Trade Post of Derzin Rockets (Spacecraft), a Desired Import of Fuel and Power, and 4 units of native defenders!

Seeking to retake Firmament and open a new era of interplanetary trade for Sansar, the Durats realize the first step is charting the ring’s interior. To that end, they send an expedition up the ruins of the nearest space elevator, entering the ring through the damaged elevator connection. Within, they are able to chart roughly a third of Firmament in each direction - drawing particular attention to the region’s groves of Stage Trees, a potentially totally unique resource indigenous to the orbital ring. RAT explores Region 110, discovering a region with a Majority of Minosians, one Trade Post of Stage Trees (Flora), a Desired Import of Specialists, and 4 units of native defenders!

Growth!

Expansion, development, unification, and similar forms of growth and prosperity

The United Houses of Senkar colonize Region 13! It gains a Desired Import of Precious Minerals.

Offers of automated pampering are apparently acceptable to the fashionistas of Region 86. C.A.S.S.I.O.P.E establishes a Confederation Claim on Region 86

Carefully sidestepping anything that might activate their northern neighbors’ xenophobia, Caipe Ushere establishes a Confederation Claim on Region 28

Past failures in one part of Sansar do little to dim the Dhaoine’s hunger for more. Eilif Dhaoine establishes a Confederation Claim on Region 43

The Glorious Purifiers’ overtures to their neighbors are well-received, but talks are cut short by alien invasion. The Glorious Purifiers establish a Confederation Claim on Region 45, but immediately lose it as ILU conquers the region

Statecraft!

Cultural events, diplomatic overtures, foreign relations, and domestic affairs

Without Trade, a Solar Trade Hub is a mere Solar Hub, and the Durats are more than capable of fulfilling their assumed title’s duties. The Durats of Burtzland develop a new Cultural Identity, which increases the die for Buyouts to 2d8

The savior’s Promise must be extended to all, even - no, especially - those who would refuse it. The Iron Masquerade develops a new Cultural Identity, which increases the die for Kidnapping and Assassination to 2d8

The Wicklund Salvagers have always been dependent on their deal-brokering ability, and it is a skill that will serve them well in the void. The Wicklund Salvagers develop a new Cultural Identity, which increases the die for Sway Faction rolls to 2d8

Eilif Dhaoine establishes an Embassy with The Eucrus Alliance. [renown reward]

The Llort Society Protectorate establishes an Embassy with The Arkhive Aeternal. [renown reward]

Illumined Utopian establishes an Embassy with The Black Cloud Coalition. 

The Sorcerers of New Kildora establish an Embassy with the Soom-Clan Marauders.

Illumined Utopian hosts the Festival of Ability!
- BAF gives Wet Navy Ships to ILU

- ILU gives Badalian Megadirigibles to BAF
- ILU pays 1 Treasure to BCC and ISH

The Kingdom of High Ishtahnos hosts the The Millennial Jubilee of the Kingdom of High Ishtahnos!

The Llort Society Protectorate hosts the Mekhala Mad Dash!
- LSP gives Arcane Amplification, Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry, Algorithmic Imagination, In Vivo Modification, Nuclear Fusion and Xenolinguistic Cataloguing to SCM and HOF

- GCC gives Vacuum Adaptation to SCM and Badalian Megadirigibles to LSP

- CAS gives 1 Treasure to LSP

CAS sways the Government in Region 86

CUS sways the Government in Region 28.

ELD sways the Government in Lassal (Region 24).

GLO sways the Government in Region 45.

ISH sways the Government in Region 67.

WIC sways the Government in Region 39.
BRG Sways the Media in Region 4
BRG Sways the Media in Region 34
BRG Sways the Media in Region 56
BRG Sways the Media in Region 86

WTU Impresses the Merchants in Region 28 using Union Crews as Specialists
WTU Impresses the Merchants in Region 66 using Atmospheric Scrubbers as Spacecraft
WTU Impresses the Merchants in Region 78 using Atmospheric Scrubbers as Spacecraft

Trade!

Buyouts, trade routes, and other economic shenanigans

Though some are confused at the reason for the project, the expansion of Hway proves not only a valuable economic boon but a valuable institution for the training of new agents. The Biarbu Society constructs an Arcology in Shiwa Yun (Region 6), Hway! (Bonus: Build Spy Network)

The southern pole of Dur-Shalkhir grows, urban and industrial sprawl creeping along the asteroid. Facilities for research, experimentation, production, and of course (and in the greatest numbers) weapons combine to form the heart of the House of Fire’s economy. The House of Fire constructs an Arcology in Dur-Shalkhir (Region 76), Gunzir Massif! (Bonus: Offensive Space Battles)

Lord Ziven, Speaker of the Houses, commands a vast new floating forum be constructed in Senkar, to further enable debate and the promulgation of the Forever Self. The United Houses of Senkar construct an Arcology in Senkar (Region 16), the Senkar Forum! (Bonus: Convert Region) UHS gains 1 Treasure from Project Sunrise!

Down the coast from Davis Port, a whole new city is growing, built around the analysis of strange and bizarre salvage. The Wicklund Salvagers construct an Arcology in Davis Port (Region 40), the Component Research Facility! (Bonus: Investigation) WIC gains 1 Treasure from Project Sunrise!

The Durats of Burtzland and the White Pawns form a Trade Route.

ALF buys out TP 2 in The City of Narsai (Region 69) for Hematite

ARK buys out TP 3 in Region 59 for Union Crews

BAF buys out TP 1 in Region 66 for Spellbooks

BAF buys out TP 2 in Voletha (Region 71) for Heavy Machinery

CAS buys out TP 1 in Region 86 for Haute Couture

CAS buys out TP 2 in al-Miraiya d'Hayeli (Region 88) for Crystal Weave

CUS buys out TP 2 in Caipe Ushere (Region 29) for Wine

ELD buys out TP 3 in Caipe Ushere (Region 29) for Wine

FBC buys out TP 3 in Region 10 for Exotic Heavy Metals

FBC buys out TP 3 in Region 14 for Yinasse Plants

FBC buys out TP 1 in Region 19 for Vernian Jewels

HOF buys out TP 2 in the Central Claims (Region 97) for Ice

LSP buys out TP 2 in The Khylosen Cluster (Region 89) for Unrefined Metallic Ores

MIR buys out TP 2 in The Masklands (Region 57) for Tungsten

MIR buys out TP 2 in Nadiratna (Region 68) for Polymorphite

RAT buys out TP 2 in Burtzland (Region 50) for Superconductors and Microcircuits

RRE buys out TP3 in Erisdor (Region 32) for Fell Iron

RRE buys out TP 3 in Davis Port (Region 40) for Salvaged Components

TWI buys out TP 2 in Vesper (Region 58) for Vesperite Rangers

WIC buys out TP 3 in Agbada (Region 52) for Sun-Kissed Maize

WTU buys out TP 2 in the Biron Crosspaths (Region 17) for Noble Metals
WTU buys out TP 2 in Region 37 for Assembly Line Robots
WTU buys out TP 1 in Region 78 for Voidspice

Treasure Gained

AVP hoards 1 treasure

UNC hoards 1 treasure

WTP hoards 1 treasure

HOB hoards 2 treasure

BAF gains 1 passive treasure

BRB gains 1 passive treasure

CAS gains 1 passive treasure

CUS gains 1 passive treasure

FBC gains 1 passive treasure and 1 additional passive treasure from last round (accidentally missed in the last opener)

HOF gains 1 passive treasure

MIR gains 1 passive treasure

MSQ gains 1 passive treasure

RRE gains 1 passive treasure
SCM gains 1 passive treasure

SEV gains 1 passive treasure

UHS gains 1 passive treasure

WIC gains 1 passive treasure

Faith!

Conversions, organization, and other such matters of faith

With the old codices found lacking, the Illustrated Prime officially reforms the cult of Illumination into a true faith, reflecting the practice of self-improvement that drives Jy’mar society. Illumined Utopian Organizes Illumined Primarch into Soul’s Expression, with a Size 5 bonus of +1 to Buyouts!

Human Paragonism seems to have been unnecessarily restrictive, and the religion of Paragonism (With Addendums) is formalized from the ancient texts. U.N.N.C.L.E Organizes Human Paragonism into Paragonism, with a Size 5 bonus of NOT SET!

From the dust of the desert and the sands of the ancient past, the Knights of Kildora are resurgent! The Sorcerers of New Kildora establish a Holy Order in Kildora (Region 73), founding the Knights of New Kildora!

Those non-Coedd sophonts remaining in Coedd are more pliable than those who fled the entity’s first display of power. COE launches an inquisition in Coedd (Region 33), raising Coedd to Sole status.

ARK expands Coedd to Plurality in The Moonsoul Mountains (Region 44), forcing Hundred Hands Of The Soul to drop to Minority status.

CBC converts the minority of Cult of Free Will in the Region 56 to Cult of Avva

COE expands Coedd to Plurality in The Reserve (Region 25), forcing Anam Beathach to drop to Minority status.

ILU expands Soul’s Expression to Plurality in Anjahar (Region 11), forcing The Protean Paradigm to drop to Minority status.

LSP introduces a Minority of Imperial Cult to the Kish (Region 79)

SNK introduces a Minority of Cult of the Mother Serpent in the Great Western Waste (Region 62)

As civil war rages in the Crosspaths, a number of Loyalists gain a newfound appreciation for the mysteries of fate that allowed the Archknight to survive - an appreciation with striking similarities to the Biarbu doctrine of Fascination. A Minority of Fascination is introduced in the Biron Crosspaths (Region 17)

Wonder!

Miracles and inventions, ancient relics, and spectacular undertakings

Change is inevitable, and the Archknight’s blade will be the one to prove it. The Bironian Bulwark creates an Artifact, The Sword of Revolutions, which grants +2 to leader loss rolls when equipped by a character!

Rescued from the wrack of Kish, Archmage Zabir’s signet ring proves to hold not merely legitimacy but power. The House of Brimstone creates an Artifact, the Brimstone Seal of Authority, which grants +1 to Sway/Impress factions in regions where you have Merchant support.

Might!

Military matters of all kinds, be it warfare or strategic developments

Distinguished in battle, the young warlord Sigrid finds herself rapidly rising through the ranks. The Soom-Clan Marauders recruit a new General, General Sigrid of the Soom-Clan (Score 10)! Sigrid is able to deploy the tactical doctrine of Rust, Dust and Guts: +3 to battle rolls, +10% to own casualties.

Not content to be only a professional diplomat, The Hammer turns her might towards command of the Glic Armed Forces. The Combined Commonwealth of Glix recruits a new General, The Hammer (Score 7)! The Hammer is able to deploy the tactical doctrine of Hammer’s Vengeance: +4 to battle if an enemy is simultaneously attacking your own region.

Surprisingly experienced for a political candidate, Baron Amelie Beaufort is placed in command of Narsai’s defenses. The Iron Masquerade recruits a new General, Baron Amelie Beaufort (Score 8)! Baron Amelie Beaufort is able to deploy the tactical doctrine of Rapid Entrenchment: +3 to battle when defending.

Anna Kremhild rises from wargames to take leadership of the Glorious Purifiers' fleet. The Glorious Purifiers recruit a new Admiral, Anna Kremhild aka Cascade (Score 9)! Cascade is able to deploy the tactical doctrine of Avalanche: +20% enemy casualties.

The Black Cloud Coalition invades Region 15

“Ground units” is something of a misnomer when applied to warfare on Badal.  In this case, the Black Cloud Coalition’s ground troops consist of a flotilla of small ships designed for boarding - these particular ones benefiting from premium fuel and extra ammunition supplies bought with piratical treasure.  These troops, probably numbering around four companies if translated into standard military terms, are under the command of the Coalition Commander herself, Jie Meifeng (Mil 7) and advance on a battlefield already bombarded by spacecraft under the command of Hai Ping & Dao-Mao.

The native defense is under the control of an AI - optimistically named Supreme Integrated Command(M1).  It has access to battle tactics collated from every major combat on Badal for the last fifty years and chooses its tactics perfectly.  Sadly for the natives relying on its combat prowess it is more use as a library and expert system than as a real time commander and is unable to really implement its strategy on an ever-changing and oft-confusing battlefield.

Coalition Captain Jie Meifeng [BCC] succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

The battle opens unopposed as the Admiral’s forces unleash Electronic Bombardment on the defenders, greatly aiding the “ground” forces in achieving the slow measured advance they are aiming for.  Coalition forces advance through the enemy dirigibles in a controlled move and fire, bringing reinforcements in as needed without having to force them through an orbital barrage.  Jie Meifeng herself is never in any real danger given the coalition’s steady gaining of ground and the vast majority of the coalition boarders are similarly safe with only a token number falling in the final assault on the main dirigible’s bridge.  By the time Jie Meifeng arrives there to survey the scene, the battle is essentially won.

BCC Victory!  Natives Lose 1 unit! BCC gain control of Region 15!

The Eucrus Alliance invades Region 18

General Mata Vai(Mil 8) leads what could almost be called a humanitarian intervention onto the crippled remnant of the bulwark’s fleet.  He leads two units of Eucrus Alliance troops in a boarding mission after Navarch Tuahine’s(Mil 5) ships have cleared the way.  Troops have strict instructions to accept surrenders and many have medics attached who are to give equal priority to allied and enemy units.  If an invasion can be humane, this one is.

That fact is lost on The Ace(Mil 7) - considerably more of a “champion” than a “general” and a terrifying prospect to face one on one in the aerial combat that precedes a boarding.  His presence on the field greatly helps the defenders’ morale but he can’t be everywhere and as he moves from front to front the troops he departs lose a lot of their will to fight.  He does his utmost to lead a steady advance on all fronts but his personality is unable to stretch the entire width of the front and too many places fall to point blank heavy ordinance fire from the Alliance.

General Mata Vai [TEA] (Mil 8) succeeds in using Point-Blank Ordinance (+2 battle, +10% enemy casualties)

The Navarch’s spaceships are unopposed and their measured advance sweeps a path clear for the remainder of the Alliance’s forces.  By the time boarding actions on the crippled airships can begin the bulk of the native defenders are in disarray, those few pockets whose morale has survived have it swiftly broken by heavy weapons fire at zero range.  As it becomes clearer to the native defenders that this need not be a battle to the death - a fact increasingly obvious from the field hospitals being set up in the twisted corridors, more and more surrender.  A naive reckoning would put the defender casualties high, but the vast majority are walking wounded thanks to Alliance medics and will fight another day.  Not as independents, though: Mata Vai reaches enemy control rooms in short order and the day is carried by the Alliance

TEA Victory!  Natives Lose 2 units! TEA gain control of Region 18!

The Radiant Republic of Erisdor invades Region 31

The Radiant Republic surge across the sea with little warning.  Aíne Uistein (Mil 9) leads a massive invasion force of four republic companies into purpose built naval transports while ships under the ultimate control of Cathal Oirbsiu (Mil 7) streak far overhead in a bid for space supremacy.

The naval advance catches the native defenders unprepared and control of the initial engagement falls to a relatively inexperienced subcommander, Pathfinder Dibbux (Mil 2) leads a citizen militia numbering in the thousands as he frantically sends for aid.  Despite their numbers, they probably are equivalent in military strength to the Radiant Republic’s troops, given their poorer equipment and training.

General Aíne Uistein [RRE] (Mil 9) succeeds in using Boot of Liberty (On a TM success, may attempt one Impress action in the region where the battle takes place as a subaction of the battle)

Cathal Oirbsiu’s ships take up a geosynchronous orbit without meeting any real resistance and use their supremacy to provide support for the naval landing.  With pinpoint orbital barrages taking out particularly stubborn knots of defenders, General Uistein’s troops manage the dangerous landing with acceptable losses and the war is joined in earnest.  The Radiant Republic’s troops prioritize town halls and the other apparatus of government, slowing down and eventually negating Pathfinder Dibbux’s increasingly desperate attempts to get someone else to take command of the defense.  With major population centers under the Republic’s boot, his troops become more of a guerilla resistance force than an army in short order and his local knowledge manages to inflict some genuine tangible losses on Republic forces before he is, inevitably, defeated.  He did well, and perhaps some veterans still drink a toast to him, but within the year the region is in Republic hands - though fewer return home than left.

RRE Victory!  Natives Lose 2 units!  RRE Lose 1 Unit!  RRE gain control of Region 31! RRE Impresses Government in Region 31!

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim invades Region 38

Arni dei Fiori (Mil 9) is given control of the Florid Principality’s smaller front this year and given control of an elite group of veterans in an attempt to counteract the smaller absolute number of troops, only the one company.  Kilometers above him, Hinrik dei Fiori (Mil 5) is in charge of Verdalfheim’s space fleet, splitting his attention across the two fronts the elves are fighting upon.

The going will be tough in region 38, though, Colonel Beldhan (Mil 10) is a seasoned campaigner and his various missing limbs and subsequent cybernetic replacements make him a powerful melee combatant in addition to his undoubted tactical prowess.  He leads three companies, all hardened in the crucible of war and proud to have this chance to defend their homeland against the elves.

Colonel Beldhan [NPC] succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

With neither Colonel Beldhan nor The First Fisherman on the other front deploying space based units, Hinrik dei Fiori enjoys unopposed control of the orbit - by mutual agreement the three Sansar based elect’s fleets do not interfere with one another - and they are able to advance slowly and surely into a position they can offer orbital support.  And that’s where success for the Elves runs out.  Beldhan’s highly trained troops move and fire through their homeland before melting back into the lands they know so well.  Improvised traps fire and maim elven soldiers.  Artillery set up on the commanding heights in the south of the region necessitated a long and costly detour to avoid the killing field.  It seems every stratagem Arni dei Fiori attempts has been predicted and negated by the experienced Colonel and eventually they call a retreat before the situation degenerates further.

Native Victory! Natives retain control of Region 38!

Fiorid Principality of Verdalfheim invades Region 51

On the elves’ other front, Chancellor Eydis (Mil7) leads a numerically superior but less experienced task force of two companies while Hinrik dei Fiori (Mil 5) above is more than equal to the task of ensuring space dominance on both of Verdalfheim’s fronts.

The fishing and coastal communities they are targeting have no established military but a village elder - The First Fisherman (Mil 3) is co-opted as leader in a radical departure from his normal duties as an advisor and fishing expert.  He’s out of his depth on land, ironically, but his expert knowledge of the local tides and currents mean that the three units he can command pull more than their weight on the sea.  His innate avoidance of overfishing means he commits heavily to reserves as well, a fact the elves will come to regret…

Chancellor Eydis [ALF] (Mil 7) succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

With unquestioned space dominance, Hinrik dei Fiori targets the jetties and piers of the land, attempting to disrupt the naval defenses of the region and convince the First Fisherman that the war will be solely naval, causing him to neglect the land border.  The tactic works more than it doesn’t, but a great number of small vessels had already been deployed and harry elven landing craft the whole way in, inflicting disproportionate casualties.  When the landing craft make landfall though - and even more when they are able to link with the land based armies coming from the opposite direction - the battle rapidly becomes one sided.  The First Fisherman’s lack of experience on land shows and Chancellor Eydis is able to keep a measured advance on major population centers without incurring too severe casualties.  The articles of surrender are signed in short order and Verdalfheim forces move to consolidate their hold on the area while Chancellor Eydis retires to the Ovis, her flagship.

And then the reserves strike.  They had been harbored under overhanging vegetation and (perhaps forgivably?) out of sight of the reconnaissance satellites above.  In blatant violation of the terms of the surrender they strike at night, running amok through the anchored fleet and throwing small improvised explosives with cries of revenge.  A shot, lucky or well aimed, who knows, catches an ammunition dump on the Ovis.  A confused response exacerbates the problem.  Eydis makes it to a lifeboat but most don’t and in an instant Elven victory becomes something akin to a loss.  Eydis is easily picked up and captured, many elven soldiers drown.  The province is controlled by the Florid Principality but at great cost.

ALF Victory! Natives Lose 2 Units!  Chancellor Eydis is Captured! ALF gain control of Region 51!

Eilif Dhaoine and Coedd invade Region 41

The opportunists of the Elif Dhaoine were never one to look a gift horse in the mouth and while Giamd of Fairnead (Mil 8) may have been surprised when animated trees first joined in the attack on his enemies, he wasn’t one to turn down this unlooked-for aid.  His own company was joined by forces sent by Coedd forming another and Podrick Ceave commanded the Reserve’s fledgling space fleet above.

They were met by the forces of General Veldoon (Mil 2), an impressively dressed and even more impressively mustached fool commanding two units of equally impressively dressed but correspondingly unimpressively trained defenders.  He pompously demanded the unconditional surrender of the attacking forces in a number of words totally disproportionate to the message conveyed and, when that failed, appeared totally blindsided.

Giomad of Fairnead [ELD] (Mil 8) succeeds in using Bleed Them Dry (+1 battle, +10% enemy casualties)

Podrick Ceave, the Elif Dhaoine subcommander in charge of their space forces, encountered only a recorded message demanding his surrender by way of resistance.  Treating this with the contempt it deserved he paused only to confirm some details with other Sansar fleets in play before beginning his measured advance.

The Elif Dhaoine troops then began to bleed the native defenders dry.  Coedd troops were slow and difficult for humans to coordinate with but were tough and all but unbreakable.  Giamad of Fairnead used them exquisitely as mobile walls, using their skill at moving through the forests to position them behind enemy lines and then his own troops to force the defenders inexorably backwards in a series of hit and run raids that had them disorganized and easy prey for the sudden ambushes of the trees.  Whatever time had been budgeted by the reserve for this battle was totally over-estimated and General Veldoon was soon stood in front of the invaders pompously declaring his unconditional surrender and sadly taking off the many rows of medals he had previously worn.

ELD Victory! Natives Lose 1 Unit!  ELD gain control of Region 51!

The Illuminated Utopian invades Region 45

Console Prisca Calpurnius(Mil 6) herself leads the Illuminated Utopians on a surprise interplanetary raid into Sansar’s northern regions.  With the natives of this region not amongst the elect there was no need for secrecy in preparations - how would they know what was happening on far Badal after all? - and so the 101st Pretorians are loaded onto spacecraft in an unhurried manner and Admiral Legate Victolus (Mil 7) is able to perform the thorough safety checks such a long space journey deserves.

They are met by a defense under the control of the Wyrmseer (Mil 10).  Or so it is assumed, this mystic figure is never seen by his subjects as he spends his time meditating on the flames surrounding him and divining the future in their shifts and changes.  It failed him this time, though, and his two units scramble to meet the unexpected invaders.

Ground Front:

The Wyrmseer [NPC] 10 succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

Once the Utopians pass whatever mystical border his precognitions end at, though, he is able to bring his visions to bear and the native defenders advance in measured, almost stately manner to meet the aliens.  Sadly, for him at least, the lack of space units scrambled to distract Admiral Victolus costs him dear and space-based superiority is transformed rapidly into ground based support by the adept Admiral.  He uses his craft to swiftly redeploy troops across the battlefield and soon the Wyrmseer finds himself in the strange position of having won almost every battle and yet be losing the war - the Jy’mar are simply too mobile for any of the victories to take hold (and, embittered veterans will tell you, too small to aim at properly).  When the Wyrm’s Home - the mighty volcano where the Wyrmseer makes his home - is surrounded there is no choice but to surrender.

ILU Victory! Natives Lose 1 Unit!  ILU gain control of Region 45!

The Cloudburst Confederation invades Region 53

The Cult of Avva seeks to expand its influence as two units led by General Olodolo (Mil 10) advance under Avva’s Watchful Eye into the lush lands of Region 53.  Flying  overhead, a minor Lieutenant(Mil 3 Subcommander) in newly founded Agbadan space forces has his chance to bask in Avva’s glory.

They are met by The Grandmaster (10).  Political prestige in these lands is conferred by mastery of a complex strategic game and the Grandmaster has earned his title over numerous victories.  Now aged, he acts as a coach to the next generation but his strategic skill has not deserted him and his five units are certain of victory.

The Grandmaster [NPC] 10 succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

This close to Avva, victory is all but assured in space and it comes as no surprise to the Cult that they stand unopposed in Avva’s rays.  The lieutenant takes up a geosynchronous orbit and is able to deploy his craft with enthusiasm and, at times, skill.

Perhaps, whisper it, the invaders should have spent less time on preaching the word of Avva and more on defeating their enemy.  The campaign will be studied in military academies for years to come though as a masterpiece of defensive war and the Grandmaster proves worthy of the trust his people have placed in him and the reputation he holds.  Every Agbadan move is countered, wheels within wheels, schemes within schemes.  Feigned retreats leading into unexpected counterattacks, masterly diversions.  General Olodolo certainly brings no shame to Avva in his actions and his victory at the Battle of Green Ridge Beach will similarly live in posterity.  But The Grandmaster holds him to a stalemate.

TIE! Natives retain control of Region 53!  CBC gain a foothold in Region 53!

The Soom-Clan Marauders invade Region 55

A vast convoy of warwheels heads into the verdant lands to their west, and Yaki Soom(Mil 5) has spared no expense in outfitting the four units she leads.  There are scores to settle and with Palu Soom (Mil 3 Subcommander) in control of the ships overhead and her in charge of the ground forces she has no doubt they will be.

The Thotron, the ruler of this region, performs ancient rituals and speaks archaic words of power.  A blend of magic and bioengineering unsuspected elsewhere on Veerha begins and he takes his becomes his own violent reflection, the Antithotron (Mil 7) - as warlike as the Thotron is peaceful, as skilled in war as the Thotron is in diplomacy.  It has been long since that ritual was invoked and his four units know that doing so is a precursor to a war for their survival.

Antithotron [NPC] succeeds in using Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)

The forces of the Thotron, now the Antithotron, do not number in the Elect and have not developed their own space based warfare so Palu finds themselves unopposed in orbit - only a brief accidental stand off with a CBC craft from wars elsewhere on Veerha slowing him from assuming full space superiority.

The Antithroton’s magics provide powerful artillery barrages to help the slow and steady approach he has ordered his troops to take - the Antithroton is berserker, true, but he is also tactician and today he plays that role.  The first of the icy cold blasts takes out a small group of Soom warwheels and Yaki Soom could perhaps have been forgiven for calling off the invasion after that first display of power.  She’s no coward, though, nor foolhardy enough to believe that the first blood determines who wins the war.  She makes use of her troops’ greater mobility to carry the battle where it is least expected and, now she is aware of the destructive bolts, holds them in looser formations to avoid a repeat of that first attack.  They are, perhaps, beginning to win - though it is still inconclusive, when Veerha’s deadly winter draws a (perhaps temporary) end to hostilities.

TIE! Natives Lose 1 unit! Natives retain control of Region 55!  SCM gain a foothold in Region 55!

The Arvaxine Populate invades Region 70

It was a bad sign when the priests of the Arvaxine Populate announced that the omens were wrong but President Edrajek chose to allow one of his Colonels (Mil 3 Subcommander) to lead a large invasion force into Region 70, detailing a newly minted Captain to provide space support.

It was a worse sign when a literal god, Demigod En-Sha-Nerat (Mil 10) rose to meet them.  Perhaps En-Sha-Nerat isn’t a true god, but telling that to the two units of near naked frenzied flagellants who vow to defend His holy land would be unwise.  If everyone believes he’s a god (strictly, his frothing mouth priests would tell you, the son of a god) then the difference becomes academic.

Demigod En-Sha-Nerat [NPC] 10 succeeds in using Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

Whatever deific powers the demigod may have had did not extend to creating a navy and the Arvaxine captain found himself unopposed in space.  With little else to do but maintain communication with the numerous other fleets circling Veerha he was able to provide as much air support as his ground based colleagues could wish.  However, unused to combat, lacking the divine aid he had sought and facing a foe that threw itself into battle with the soon-to-be-feared name of En-Sha-Nerat on their lips, he found himself outclassed.  The demigod controlled the tempo of the campaign and that tempo was fast.  His fanatics slammed into Arvaxine lines faster than they could be rebuilt, paying no heed to their own casualties.  The Colonel’s attempts to use what he had learnt in studying battles against less…dedicated foes couldn’t hold against these attacks and he was soon forced to make a retreat in good order (with only parts of the army being a headlong rout) to report his lack of success to the President.  Piles of dead flagellants littered the land, but no Arvaxine soldiers remained.

Native victory! Natives Lose 1 unit! Natives retain control of Region 70!  

The House of Fire invades Region 81

The newly crowned Duke Esarhaddon III is eager to show his strength to the rest of the asteroid belt and tasks Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima (Mil 8) to lead forces into another section of the belt, two units of spacecraft with an additional unit of spacesuited infantry.

They catch the natives, presumably deliberately, at a time of internal turmoil.  With their previous head of state dead and elections not yet held for the new one their constitution specifies that the head of the judicial branch assume command in event of an emergency.  And so the reluctant Litigator Prime (Mil 6) takes command of his nation’s army to go down - either way - in the annals, his two units with him.

Initial maneuvering leaves no clear winner:

Litigator Prime [NPC] 6 succeeds in using Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties)

Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima [HOF] (Mil 8) succeeds in using In the Light of Chastising Stars (+2 to battle)

And “no clear winner” is the motto of the whole campaign.  While Litigator Prime is no general, he is adept at research (and has a small army of clerks to aid him) enabling him to usually choose halfway decent tactics.  While Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima is a general, the rapid tempo of the defenders gives him little time to focus his better trained and armed troops on potential problems.  The war swings back and forth for the best part of a standard year with small gains by one side being countered by equally small gains by the other.  A turning point could have come late in the war when Litigator Prime is captured by a daring raid led by Turtanu-Ziqpu Ra'ima himself, dragged from his office as clerks wring their hands uselessly.  But even that is not sufficient - the Litigator is now more folk hero than living being and his capture inspires the populace to redoubled efforts.  When the House of Fire retreat to lick their wounds, the natives begin work on a series of statues for their heroic chief justice.

Native victory! Natives Lose 1 unit! Natives retain control of Region 81!  Litigator Prime is captured!

The Dwarven Industrial Coalition invades Region 90

If we believe Dr Horace Thorne (Mil 10), he leads a great space fleet of four units to secure necessary resources.  From the outside, though, the difference between the Dwarven attack and a drunken group of spacemen smashing stuff up is hard to determine.

If only one could say that Brewmaster Flux (Mil 6) led a more coherent and disciplined force, but one cannot.  His two units, armed in the main with improvised weapons, are just as unruly, just as loud and, truthfully, just as smashed as the invaders they hope to fight off.

Dr. Horace Thorne [DIC] (Mil 10) succeeds in using Engineered Onslaught (+1 to battle, +10% enemy casualties)

This…What to say.  Usually wars aren’t decided by a single battle.  Usually that battle isn’t fought with smashed pint glasses, table legs and (onlookers vow) at least one traffic cone of uncertain provenance.  Usually war cries are more thought out than “I’ll ****in’ chin ya’, ya’ ******”  Usually, usually, usually.  Dr Thorne’s forces make asteroidfall unopposed and easily make their way to the large drinking hall that serves as the barracks, seat of government, temple and most other administrative buildings of the Brewmaster’s people.  There’s a brief stand off while both sides ask the other if they (the other side) are looking at them (their own side) and if they “want some”.  A beer glass is thrown.  A pool cue is smashed over a knee.  Unbiased accounts of what follows are rare as no sane, sober onlookers stayed to observe events.  What’s certain is that considerably more dwarves remained standing (albeit swaying) at the end of it and the traumatized bar keepers were filling dwarven mugs with sweet frothy ale.

DIC victory! Natives Lose 2 units! DIC gain control of Region 90!  

Units Raised

AVP raises 1 ground unit
BAF raises 1 ground unit and 1 space unit

BIR raises 2 ground units and 2 space units

CBC raises 1 ground unit

DIC raises 1 ground unit

ELD raises 1 ground unit

GCC raises 1 ground unit and 1 space unit

MIR raises 1 ground unit

SCM raises 1 ground unit

KRB raises 1 ground unit

SNK raises 1 ground unit

MSQ raises 1 ground unit

SEV raises 2 ground units

ISH raises 1 ground unit and 1 space unit

WTP raises 1 ground unit and 1 space unit

Schemes!

Coercion, betrayals, and spycraft

For reasons best known to themselves, the Biarbu publicize their process of gaining informants in the Bironian Civil war. BRB gains 1 Contact in BIR

BRB coerces TP 1 in Region 18 for Uhrayan Planes
COE coerces TP 1 in Region 37 for Assembly Line Robots

MSQ coerces TP 3 in Nadiratna (Region 68) for Polymorphite

Salvagers in the Moonsoul Mountains whisper of threats from unknown sources, hewing closer to the region’s new ruler. GLO gains control of TP 3 in Region 44 for Unblemished Wreckage

Terror!

Violence, upheaval, murder, and destruction

Fiorid agents searching [Region 51] for the guerillas responsible for Chancellor Eydis’s capture are met with a disappointing and (perhaps to some) distressing lack of results. No evidence even of her existence is found for some years after the conquest, until 2041. The new Fiorid Chancellor receives a deliberately garbled voice message from an unidentified party, claiming to have “acquired” Eydis from her previous “unworthy” captors, and offering to return her unharmed… for a price. As proof, the message ends with a brief (and notably unscrambled) plea from Eydis to her family. Chancellor Eydis’s captors demand a ransom consisting of interplanetary vessels (equivalent to 1 Space Unit) and a private dossier containing complete, current, and accurate knowledge of the nature of the Fiorid Elder Blood, to the extent that such information is known to the Fiorids themselves. The ransom may be delivered to a specified dead drop point in Sansar orbit using an Intrigue action during Round 3 (allowing Eydis to resume rulership at the start of Round 4). This seems to be a limited-time offer….

The string of Elven disappearances in the last three years continues, as high-ranking Druid Karla Marrone has been abducted from her Verdalfheim home! With her absence noted at several conclaves, her fellow Druids investigate, discovering that her house has clearly been broken into. Signs of a violent scuffle are found throughout her bedroom, but no evidence of her captors or ultimate fate can be found….

Organizations!

The Imperial Court

The Imperial Court thanks all those who have contributed to the current project of the Imperial College, both in access to records and more substantial research assistance.

ARK has contributed one fluff piece.

ALF has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

BAF has contributed one fluff piece.

BCC has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

CBC has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

COE has contributed one fluff piece.

CUS has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

ELD has contributed one fluff piece.

GCC has contributed one fluff piece.

GLO has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

HOB has contributed one fluff piece.

HOF has contributed one fluff piece.

ILU has contributed one fluff piece.

ISH has contributed one fluff piece.

LSP has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

MIR has contributed one fluff piece.

MSQ has contributed one fluff piece.

SEV has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

SCM has contributed one fluff piece.

TEA has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

UHS has contributed one fluff piece and one action.

UNC has contributed one action.

Once again, the Dwarves promise the legend of the Progenitor. Once again, it does not eventuate.

The project is now at (11?) out of 5 actions.

The Empire appreciates the diplomatic outreach of the following…

BCC rises to EMP Rep 1.

CUS rises to EMP Rep 2.

TEA rises to EMP Rep 2.

WTP rises to EMP Rep 2.

The following members of the Elect are thanked for their payments. They have been dutifully logged by the Imperial Tax Collectors.

CAS has paid the Elect Tax.

GCC has paid the Elect Tax.

ILU has paid the Elect Tax.

RAT has paid the Elect Tax.

SCM has paid the Elect Tax.

SNK has paid the Elect Tax.

TEA has paid the Elect Tax.

SEV has paid the Elect Tax.

KRB has paid the Elect Tax.

BCC has paid the Elect Tax.

HOF has paid the Elect Tax.

LSP has paid the Elect Tax.

Although the United Houses of Senkar have shown themselves willing, without a formal diplomatic meeting to co-ordinate, no payment was able to be received. UHS has not paid the Elect Tax.

Pan-Tekhum Worker’s and Trader’s Union

A loan for 4 Treasure is extended to RRE.

A letter is returned to the Moonsoul Mountains. A loan is not.

The request from the Durats has been acknowledged, and the Union will attempt to Buyout TP 79.3 on their behalf this round.

The new base in Vesper may come as a surprise to the Union, but it is far from an unwelcome one. The Union is accustomed to helping people in far worse working conditions. TWI gains 1 Favour and 1 Rep with WTU, bringing them to Rep 1. Vesper (region 58) now contains a WTU base.

The Basu-Rahman Group

Envoys from the Twilight League are entertained, and a back-room deal is struck. TWI goes into one favour debt with BRG.

The Basu-Rahman Group opens its offices to certain interested parties…

DIC rises to BRG Rep 1.

Renown

The first steps towards a Greater Alfheim resonate across Tekhum. ALF rises to Renown 1.

There is a certain undeniable romance to the figure of the pirate. BCC rises to Renown 2.

An air of mystique surrounds the new arcology of the Biarbu. BRB rises to Renown 2.

Never stand between a Dwarf and their booze. DIC rises to Renown 2.

The House of Fire is home not only to literal fire, but to the flames of culture and civilization. HOF rises to Renown 1.

The Jy’mar may be small of stature, but they still stand large over Tekhum. ILU rises to Renown 3.

It is difficult to understate the persuasive power of a whole pod of Durats. RAT rises to Renown 1.

The Radiant Republic shines as a beacon of hope and martial prowess. RRE rises to Renown 2.
New Kildora is a holy place indeed. Step into the embrace of the Mother Serpent. SNK rises to Renown 3.

The fearsome prowess of the Eucrus Alliance strikes equal parts admiration and terror into hearts. TEA rises to Renown 2.

The Wicklund Salvagers may not be as flashy as others, but sometimes solid performance is more important. WIC rises to Renown 2.

Though other contenders to system-wide fame emerge, ultimately the rapid steps of Eilif Dhaoine and the Llort have kept them in the limelight. ELD and LSP remain at Renown 4.

Despite their best efforts, C.A.S.S.I.O.P.E.’s mechanical nature proves offputting for some. CAS drops to Renown 1.

A cloud has eclipsed the light of the Cloudburst Confederacy’s fame. CBC drops to Renown 1.

Though Coedd enjoyed brief fame, the disinterest shown in public affairs causes their fame to wither on the vine. COE drops to Renown 1.

Psycho-Capitalism may be impressive, but it is also complicated and difficult to understand. FBC drops to Renown 1.

The insular and strange Glix find that their isolationism is mutually exclusive with ongoing notability. GCC drops to Renown 1.

As exciting as werewolves are, their novelty rapidly wears off when they don’t do anything exciting to the general public. ISH drops to Renown 1.

It’s difficult to keep your fame when you always wear a mask. MIR drops to Renown 1.

Despite the multi-cultural and diplomatic nature of Nadiratnans, their absence on the interplanetary stage sees a lack of interest. NDR drops to Renown 1.

Detective Todd may be clever, but he’s not exactly pleasant to be around. SEV drops to Renown 1.

Bonus Renown is no longer available on Badal for the Organize Faith or Construct Arcology actions. Bonus Renown is not available for countries on Badal that win a battle.

Bonus Renown is no longer available on Sansar for the Create Cultural Identity, Construct Arcology, or Organize Faith actions. Bonus Renown is not available for countries on Sansar that win a battle.

Bonus Renown is no longer available on Veehra for the Create Cultural Identity, Organize Faith, Construct Arcology, or Raise Fortress actions. 

Bonus Renown is no longer available in Mekhala for the Create Cultural Identity, Construct Arcology, or Organize Faith actions. Bonus Renown is not available for countries in Mekhala that win a battle.

Other…

The Union of Eskor withdraws from the world stage as realizations brought on by the Emperor’s gift of space travel call the legitimacy of the Cult of the Fallen Star into question. Religious turmoil seizes the region, and the orchards are closed. The Union of Eskor ceases to be a player country. Region 30 becomes an unowned region with 3 units.

Sansar continues to spin, but the Cerulean Kingdom seems to spin more slowly. A quiet life in the Flowering Lands means that stellar history tends to pass one by. The Cerulean Kingdom ceases to be a player country. Region 42 becomes an unowned region with 2 units.

The unsurveyed lands north of Burtzland have long been mysterious to many on Sansar, but no longer, as the Old Tavisham Academy joins the ranks of the Elect! They gain 1 new player bonus action.

Khylokians everywhere are taken by the tales of the space unicorn, and the Bloodlord takes advantage of the fascination to send search parties out into the vastness of Mekhala. But no matter where or how long they search, they seem always to be two steps behind the mysterious creature in its ethereal journey through the asteroid belt.

The rumors of the Veehran Triangle are a pressing matter for the Castaways of the Loop, prioritizing safety of travel on the desert planet. A thorough investigation unites the skills of all 17 Loopborn in chasing down leads across Veehra. What they find is somewhat bizarre: though the rumors originally lead them southeast of the Loop, towards uncharted desert, Castaways in other regions of Veehra report that the tale has spread there too, and that the name refers to totally different geographical areas than the minor crater they originally investigated. Months of work leads the investigators to believe that the Triangle in fact does not refer to a single location at all, but multiple separate “danger zones” in uncharted areas of the deserts, which were conflated together by travelers and rumor telephone. 

...And the story would have ended there, if not for a breakthrough data association study by Todd 34096 and Jeremy 40211, which discovered an icon or emblem of a barred triangle associated with every “danger zone” in some way - badges found among wreckage, logos painted on tractors, in one case even lines cut into the bedrock with a high-powered mining laser. 

Even stranger, the disappearances seem to stop shortly after this discovery.

The Arkhive dispatches ships to the ocean crater southeast of Burtzland, following up on the initial reports. They discover little of substantial immediate interest, beyond confirming the crater’s existence (and radioactivity), but return with some new findings on the impactor. It seems clear from a geological and radiological analysis that the impact occurred after the War of Eternal Bombardments, though not long after, and so the most obvious explanation is rendered much less likely. Some still hold that it must have been a lost or somehow delayed weapon from the War, but others turn towards a natural (if uniquely radioactive) asteroid impact, magic-gone-wrong, or even activity by extrasolar entities as explanations. Unfortunately, no decisive evidence on the question seems forthcoming, especially as some of the flotilla’s data banks are found to be corrupted, most likely from radiation exposure.

A sizeable meteorite is spotted over Sansar, trailing fire through the night sky! It lands in the Moonsoul Mountains, crashing quite close to a small village near a mountain cave, but fortunately injuring nobody. Bizarrely, historical space object tracking data does not include the meteorite, and inspection of the wreckage reveals a massive stockpile of the recently introduced Union currency that was apparently concealed within the rock. While the actual motives for the “gift” remain a mystery, the Glorious Purifiers see no reason not to make use of the resources. GLO gains 1 Treasure!

A man calling himself Count Federico, seemingly a minor noble from Region 56, appears on airwaves throughout the Empire. He claims to be fleeing political persecution by the tyrannical overlords of his home region and promises his son or daughter’s hand in marriage to any of the Elect who intervene on his behalf.

In unexpectedly viral local news, a notable Usheret novelist publishes his latest book, a speculative story exploring a distant alien planet which is in fact a single planet-spanning organism. His family are apparently not particularly accepting of Coedd or anything with similarities thereto, and, fearing for his independence and sanity, accidentally set fire to much of their village while attempting to dispose of his houseplants.

Edited by Silent_Interim
ARK MHDG contribution (see edit history)

spacer.png

Actions:

[Dip] - Establish Cultural Identity: Unity of Purpose - 2d8 to Sway Attempts

[Dip] - Sway 018's Government, failure

While the kanmarra have made significant efforts to placate displaced power structures within Uhra, a blending of three disparate peoples with little in the way of shared history is an unusual challenge for Alliance politicians. Time must be spent carefully severing the Syndicate's influence--all the while ensuring a populace reeling from war that the Coalition's ships would not find them an opportune target, despite their proximity to the Crosspaths.

[Dip] - Confederation Claim on #105 vs TN 14, success!
Following the Ilumined Utopian's invasion of the Wyrmhold, interplanetary tensions accelerate the Alliance's timetable. Securing an orbital defense station against would-be intruders becomes paramount, with a unanimous vote among the council. There is too much instability below to welcome trouble from above.

Diplomats arrive with a plan to establish a planetary defense force, as well as to offer a neutral meeting ground for diplomats that does not involve the core aerostats. In turn, the Alliance can share their most learned engineers, scientists, and medics.

[Dip] - Raise Rep with EMP 2->3 vs TN 14, failure

Amidst their rising ambitions, the Alliance enters a formal plea to join the Imperial Senate. Unfortunately, the continued unrest that has surfaced among Badalian Elect makes for delays, and the Voice of the Compact falls ill shortly before the application is to be sent to the Imperial Embassy on Badal. With their eldest voice silenced on mechanical life-support, and no clear successor, the Eucrus Alliance has no choice but to withdraw their application for the season.

[Mil] - Attack Region 019

Space Front: Subcommander Kore Taumata delivers one unit to coordinate assaults with the Illumined Utopian!
TacDoc: N/A -- Yielding Command to the Illumined Utopian

Ground Front: General Mata Vai commands 2 Ground Units. (Mil 8)
TacDoc: Point-Blank Ordinance (+2 Battle, +10% enemy casualties)
Total Battle Roll: Mil 8 + 2 Units + 5 (Space Victory with Rapid Redeployment from ILU) = +15 (+17 on TM success)

Mata Vai will accept the surrender of any notable commander or subcommander. Prefer to capture over kill, otherwise.

The Alliance has remained rather tight-lipped on the Utopian’s joint military venture with the Moonmen.

While the August prepares the fleets, the military council of Anjahar offers an olive branch. They will sanction the invasion, if the Utopian can assist in another matter—the subjugation of the aerostat housing the Basu-Rahman Group. The goal is for a quick and concise invasion—and perhaps a temporary disruption of broadcast services. The better to keep the Group from turning regional hostilities into propaganda against the kanmarra.

There is another, ulterior motive to the invasion. With diplomatic inroads to Uhra falling flat, the Alliance has offered the Syndicate sympathizers a different target in order to keep their attention diverted from the Bironian Civil War. Their destination? A wealthy aerostat best known for their jewels and precious stones--perfect for mercantile minds suited to war profiteering.

image.png.36f3e5a80228dcffe69c72f4b0a2965f.png

The Eucrus Alliance
Capital: Anjahar (Region 11), Badal

Archon Tangata Roa
Dip 6 (+2) | Mil 6 | Econ 3 | Faith 2 | Int 2

Navarch Tuahine Roa

Dip 2 (+2) | Mil 4 (+1) | Econ 2 | Faith 4 | Int 3

Non-actions:
  • Resist all hostile activities.
  • [ILU] Support Buyout of 11.2 or 11.3

• [ILU] Sign the sanctions against the Basu-Rahman Group regarding recent broadcasts.
  • [SNK] Subscribe to Snake News from New Kildora as the primary source for Alliance news.

The Basu-Rahman Group's implicit endorsement of slavery is something which the Eucrus Alliance cannot abide. The Voice of the Compact meets gladly with his counterparts in the Illumined Utopian and the Durats of Burtzland to draft a formal letter of complaint, and the Eucrus Alliance deliberates withholding licensing fees while they wait for a formal response. Given the incomprehensibility of latest advertisements, they are not particularly hopeful that a sapient being will even read the complaint.

In the meantime, Anjahar allows for the spread of an alternative media outlet. Snake News prints and content blasts are given permission for a six-year trial run, at which point their license will be re-evaluated.

• [WTP] Commission an exploration of Region 022 for 2.5 Kroesids, to be paid at a later date.

The debacle at the Aonach went nearly as well as could have been expected. Even if the Coalition liked to hang over peaceful proceedings like a black cloud to rile things up. Given that things had ended with a promise of productive violence amidst posturing and bravado, that was a step in the right direction--and encouragement enough for the Alliance to act of their own accord.

Within a solar month, the Alliance convenes with representatives from Kan, welcoming them to the Alliance's embassy in Deargabh to discuss business. The topic is straightforward enough: Expansion into the western hemisphere, from which the Alliance might seek more hospitable lands. With luck, children might breathe fresh, unfiltered atmosphere for the first time in two thousand years. There is no attempt to haggle or talk down the price the White Pawns might extract for their services, but a bargain struck, and a promise to remit payment within nine solar years--barring extenuating circumstances. In addition, Kanite representatives are invited to visit Anjahar at any time to strengthen diplomatic ties between the two nations.

In return, the Alliance's list of requests is extensive, but doable: Topographical surveys, analysis of local flora and fauna, weather patterns over the last one hundred years, and any available research on prolific viruses and bacteria which new settlers may need to inoculate themselves against. Most importantly, however, the kanmarran ambassadors ask for information on any claims against this land over the last century--not wanting to repeat the confrontation at the Aonach a second time.
News and Rumors
  • The Voice of the Compact, Taio Wakari, has been hospitalized. Known as the oldest living kanmarra of the current generation, Taio has acted as the head representative for the Alliance's eighteen clans (and counterbalance to Anjahar's military council) for decades. This comes after a flurry of diplomatic activity--not the least of which was an appearance at the Jy'mar Festival of Ability only years ago. He remains in critical condition, and an interim representative is currently in the process of being appointed by committee.

• Alliance scientists have been reaching out to attend seminars on advancements in the field of biotechnology. An outgoing request for Gene Samples and other significant advancements have been floated by many kanmarran research institutions, with a promise to reward any forthcoming Elect handsomely for useful information.

Resource Tracking

Stat Changes: +2 Dip
Treasure: 0 (+3 at end of Round)
Organizations: N/A
Faith: N/A
Tech Changes: N/A

Name
Confed Claim on #105
2d6+6+1 1,6
Raise Rep with EMP
2d6+6 4,2
Sway 018's Government
2d6+6+1 1,1

image.png.3422fd0999f6bd26621590fcffc60e28.png

🐝The Arkhive Æternal (ARK)🐝
Region 46 (Sansar)

List of Members

Anyone know why list have weird gap i don't get it halp

CUS (Local)
ELD (Local)
GLO (Local)
ILU (Local)

RAT (Local)

RRE (Local)
WTP (Local)

BAF (Visiting)
LSP (Visiting)
MSQ (Visiting)
TEA (Visiting)
UNC (Visiting)

UHS (Visiting)

News and Rumors
  • Queen Constance of Comment pens an extremely appropriate letter of congratulations to Mortimer the Red without a single drop of concern or personal warmth. Her entire understanding of Masque society is through his reports, and her understanding of him is enough that she has no need to get closer.
  • The Queen reaches out to invite the harried Count Federico and his family to shelter in the Arkhive for the time being, should they like.
  • The Outreach Committee, which is currently mostly a rubber stamp for Constance, invites the author of the plant-planet novel to the Arkhive to give a reading. If accepted, the Arkhive purchases a buncha buncha waxpaper copies and provide them free of charge to visitors, hands out reader's guides, holds regular book club sessions both in-person and on a dedicated forum, and looks into sourcing a planet-spanning plant organism for the event.
  • The Arkhive welcomes union inspectors, offer them a guided tour, by the Queen if they desire or by any worker(s) in the Arkhive. We make sure to discuss the guarantee of food and housing in the Arkhive for both citizens and newcomers alike. The most physically demanding labor on the whole is agricultural, but given modern technology and the curation of the bees, even that isn't backbreaking. Lots of folks enjoy five-hour research days. Some choose to work all day at a relaxed pace. Librarians and the Queen are on duty near-constantly, but they're explicitly not working class so chill. If times were to grow hard, the policy of labor by consent would need to be reviewed, but a careful cultivation of a sense of duty in a population of welcomed migrants mean that most folks came here to do whatever task it is they do. See if we can convince any inspectors to stay. We're sure their perspectives would help our research.
  • The reception of Snimt'Glek is not unconsidered. While the Arkhive likely won't cause to great an offense, the situation seems, at least from the outside, delicate enough that there is a line to walk between showing diplomatic honor to their guest and international deference to the decisions of the sovereign Glix. After some thought and some discussion, Constance errs on the side of open friendliness.

When Snimt'Glek arrives, her Arkhival Majesty, Queen Constance of Comment the First, is present to greet him, dressed appropriately for a public event but not for international diplomacy. She warmly greets the new arrival before the Arkhive itself, doing whatever phocine version of a handshake is best.

"I," she begins, using the singular pronoun with care, "Hope your journey across the void was as comfortable as such a thing can be. The Arkhive is always honored to be joined by esteemed guests from the great peoples of the Elect."

She then addresses any escort or, failing that, carefully placed cameras because something has to get back to the Combine.

"We have few friends as dear as the Glix, and are grateful to continue our close ties. [We wish to send with you]/[We are sending you] these meagre gifts in the hope that our respect is conveyed through them. May Chif'Blak govern with the wisdom of all the stars in the sky, and may The Hammer continue in her glory to ensure the safety of the Combine entire."

The gifts are simple waxen boxes, barely bigger than a glasses case, inside of which are wells of Honeyed Words and a scant ounce of Royal Jelly. The Hammer's includes a small handwritten note voicespoken memo from Constance: The only surprise I felt on hearing of your promotion was that it wasn't done sooner! I am grateful to see my friends ascend to their rightful places. Please never hesitate to ask for any help I can provide.

• Queen Constance, up late as she revels in a museum well-opened (and grateful no one asked about the radiation don'tworryaboutit), flips on the Heliotrope Broadcast. Soon enough, she slowly moves her cursor over to a link. Two clicks later, and there's a skyju plushie coming for each Librarian, as well as Constance herself.

Patron Actions

Economy ('splore [1]): How does the Arkhive explore a massive, abandoned-or-destroyed-or-otherwise-cut-off aerostat? No surprises here. There's a knocking at the threshold. A hiss of equalizing atmospheres as a crack forms. And then the bees begin to pour in by the thousand, seeking out what there is to be found. Each is equipped with a little camera, which R&D did take the time to make into a little hat. Bee-haw, buckaroos. Bee. Haw.

Faith (Hive [10]) 2/5: Do you beelieve in hive after love? Setting up the Hive after delivering the parts and the bees is only the first step. It's up to the bees now to see if they take root. Colony Collapse Disorder would prove disastrous, not so much because the Hive would be lost, since more bees could be imported with ease given the warm relations, but because the ravening hordes of feral hymenopterae would massacre Jy'mar like so many apian wolves. Or at least that's what we can assume. Luckily, time and belief (bees can sense belief) see the hive through.

Arkhive Actions

Diplomacy: Host the Second Hexenniel Conference for the Liberation of Knowledge and Fostering of Growth in Sansar

Sub-actions thereof: Pay the Imperial Tax and get rid of this darn treasure that I don't wanna keep track of. It is done with all proper forms and such but no extra ceremony.

Trade all techs to anyone. I'll try to have the total list here of exact trades.

Megadirigibles to Aerin (MSQ)

Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry, Algorithmic Imagination, Arcane Amplification, In Vivo Modification, Nuclear Fusion, Xenolinguistic Cataloguing, Badalian Megadirigibles to Wicklund Salvagers

Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry, Algorithmic Imagination, Arcane Amplification, In Vivo Modification, Nuclear Fusion, Xenolinguistic Cataloguing, Badalian Megadirigibles to White Pawns

Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry, Algorithmic Imagination, In Vivo Modification, Nuclear Fusion, Xenolinguistic Cataloguing, Badalian Megadirigibles to the Radiant Republic

Economy (Hive [2] 1/5): A crate of buzzing and a pack of seeds show up in the North Way Cluster. Sadly, the instructions are all IKEA style, so setup will take some time.

Faith (Convert) 31: The Arkhive enjoys a special relationship with Coedd but does not officially sponsor missionary work. It enjoys freedom of religion and imposes nothing on anyone. That said, the overwhelming majority of Arkhivists are Coedd's, likely due to the inevitable Truth of the being. Scholars can't deny that. And if, when plants get funky, a few visiting scholars happen to massage the reactions of those in the newly conquered [31] to understanding of Coedd's work, well. That happens.

Non-Actions
  • Economy (Trade): Send LSP Wet Navy Ships technology.
  • Subscribe to Snek News
  • Subscribe to Heliotrope Broadcast

armoria_2024-01-10-21-40-09.png.b8e462cdaa165daf2e66515cd6062b36.png

"Buzz buzz, fam"

Her Arkhival Majesty Queen Constance of Comment the First
(she/her)

Diplomacy: 3

Military: 1
Economy: 7
Faith: 7
Intrigue: 3

Ground units: 1
Space units: 0
Treasure: 1

BRG: 0 rep / 0 favors
REN: rank 0

Edited by Lumaeus (see edit history)
Name
Expedition 1 (7eco-1dist)
2d6+6 3,6
Convert 31 (7faith)
2d6+7 2,3
Good Rolls Come in Threes (Fluff)
1d20 19

purifier shrine flag edit.png

Glorious Purifiers

Ruler: Titania
Diplomacy: 7 | Military: 5 | Economy: 3 | Faith: 2 | Intrigue: 6
Ground Units: 3 Space Units: 1 Treasure: 1
Stat Growth: +1 Mil, +1 Int

%5Btable%5D%5Btr%5D%5Btd%3D%22bgcolor%3A%23000000%2C%20width%3A%201200%22%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22%23ff0066%22%5D%5Bb%5D%5BSIZE%3D3%5D%5BFONT%3DImpact%5DActions%3A%5B%2FFONT%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2Ftd%5D%5B%2Ftr%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
%5Btable%5D%5Btr%5D%5Btd%3D%22bgcolor%3A%23000000%2C%20width%3A%201200%22%5D%5BCOLOR%3D%22%23ff0066%22%5D%5Bb%5D%5BSIZE%3D3%5D%5BFONT%3DImpact%5DActions%3A%5B%2FFONT%5D%5B%2FSIZE%5D%5B%2Fb%5D%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2Ftd%5D%5B%2Ftr%5D%5B%2Ftable%5D
Actions

Mil: Raise Space Unit

Neon Light Illusion Flagship (NLIF)

In memory of the late Neon, and in service of the type of kaiju the nongendered Moonman pioneered and helped test drive, comes the addition of several new fleetships. Squid with the powers to, in common parlance, go astral. High in stamina and durability and melee grapplers with plenty of short range burst lasers, each attuned to a specific Moonman. The kaiju are crafted from the remains and tamed from the living of the beasts, stitched together with metal and forgery. Given life, they are part plant, part aquarian, part meat, part steel, part magic.

There is boarding room for several Zelfs, more common soldiers that help man and direct things. Unlike the smaller more agile and magically reliant variant that the late Neon led into the Mekhala race, these can easily swallow up entire warehouses and grind them into dust. Their biggest weakness is that they are comparatively pitiful at long range assault, and so other means must be delivered upon for siege warfare.

NeonLightIllusion.jpg.f1556faa16b239d2888586860dc274a9.jpg

Mil: Invade 8, in accordance and unison with the Illuminated Utopians.
Specifically receive their help in the space front to get a +5 Orbital Bombardment bonus.
Leading the Ground Battle with Titania (5 Military), who is talked into using the Measured Advance doctrine.
Using 2 Ground Units transported over to land by 1 Space Unit, spending 1 Treasure on the battle. Linking up with the ILU forces where helpful.

Invasion Fluff

The space fleet of rodents that can fit into the palm of a humans hand is formidable, and packs a punch in bombardment to level out all the land that vastly belies its size. Clean, efficient, and ruthless be the Equitable Footing. The siege makes way for a far larger payload, one that drops dozens of giant beasts down like meteors onto the already devastated land. Vast lizard and aquarian forms rise up, each one able to devour the population whole, and looking like they're wearing armor all the same. Manned by dozens of Zelfs running cannons and lasers and plating alongside them using the roaring monsters that crawl and float as artillery platforms, and each one tamed by and callsigned to an individual Purifier, directing the monsters to run savage through the lands.

Most of these crashing comets head into safe zones, unpopulated areas to siege up and stride menacingly to the battle lines.

One particular burning star in the sky, the Titanic Lance, pieces through the heavens as if a god had cast a thunderbolt of molten steel into the heart of the enemy fortifications. Lanced partly into the proverbial ground, the cloud of metallic debris and plasma is followed up by drones as Titania's flagship takes root like a giant tree. This giant metallic Orthocerida unfurls its tendrils and scopes out the land, shredding and inhaling the poor souls of the poor souls that attempt to fight back.

Titanic Lance (rough approximation)

Titanic_Lance.webp.f2cd6e914a50824f6be4837db678404c.webp

Fai: Adopt Faith (Coedd)
Int Coerce TP 2 of Region 70 (Laborers) (Corvee Labor) (Roll = 10 (Success) Int 6, Roll 10)
There will be an excessive need for laborers in the new colony set up on Badal. They've got to some from somewhere. A few disappearances from violent natives disrupting economic negotiations here, a few Zelfs imported there, and everything is clean as pie. Hell, working conditions have improved, as far as we can see.
Int Secret

Non Actions

Holly goes into a fit, looking for what and where the hell Neon went. Why his light is no more.

Serenity, who is absolutely livid over how the last month has gone, between the disappearance of multiple moonmen between the Mek'Hala Race and the invasion and possible kidnapping of those friends she sent up to Northern Chonkia (45), is met with Titania, who shows her a literal christmas miracle. Serenity asks what the hell is christmas.

Accept Trade Route from the GCC.

Accept the Union in to come inspect working conditions.

Working Conditions of Moonsoul Mountains

The Union wants to inspect the workings of each nation, and for this nation their production is entirely in house. Having a significant export of finding all the knick knacks and novelties of the ruins, bringing them out, and then porting them to other countries and people. That is a multiple step process, and most of the jobs involved are surprisingly mundane in contrast to the fairly higher risk delving that is full of wonders.

The workforce is made up primarily of Zelfs, who are a strain of Elf that contain one (1) soul. sd: 0.04 They differ as much from an elf as an elf does from a human. They tend to naturally occur within the wilds, and have been showing up in increasing numbers to form a society within the last decade. Some outsiders come in and visit with their own working conditions, and some Moonmen being sorcerers often help with expeditions and repairs, and maintain their own smaller system up on the mountains. While inspectors are free to come visit high on the mountains, this is primarily about the workforce. The truth is that the mountaintops both have activities that would be hard to recognize as work, and the Zelfs outnumber the Moonmen a thousand to one, so the expectation is that they will be the focus of inspection.

Holly Hakurei Heliotrope will personally accompany the Union inspectors if they wish to go rummaging around the ruins, giving them a near certainty of safety. However, there are not enough sorcerers to accompany every delve, even when limiting to just Glorious-Sanctioned delves, so the primary weapon the Zelfs have to evade death at the giant monsters and heavy radiation manastorms that roam these ruins is evasion and stealth.

Along with the recently discovered and outfitted technology that keeps being imported from outside to increase resilience and survivabiity, such as HAZMAT suits which have recently become standard issue for delvers both Zelf and foreign. There is actually a research team section dedicated to creating, incorporating, and discovering safety measures. A separate safety team was recently formed for the handling of said artifacts, to reduce the incidence of machinery cutting down. Much of the valuables extracted are Industrial Machinery and Planetary Vehicles, which need to be handled with care.

Regardless of station within the workforce, refinement, sales to outside, delvers, research pod, or otherwise, all Zelfs have an assurance of fuel, maintenance, and docking. Upon asking, the clarification that this basically means "free health care, food, and housing for all Zelfs". Although resources aren't infinite, and higher priority goes to those with worse conditions and with higher risk jobs. The Zelfs themselves will report a satisfaction with conditions, although with minor ideas on how things could be better that they argue with each other about implementing.

Recently, a meteor has crashed and introduced the concept of money, a system which was only used primitively before between the Moonmen on the mountains and entirely alien to the way the Zelfs have done things. The Zelfs are exploding in both population and scope of their operations however, and thus implementing the Union Credit as a currency has proven useful. The paychecks Zelfs get for their work are rather small, but given their operations predate the concept of money, all the essentials are given to them in the absence of such things, and at least at the moment they tend to use the money they get as a way to interface with other cultures than for their own internal needs.

The Union is also invited to come inspect the workings of the Heliotrope Broadcast, a newly founded media operation held aloft on a dozen or so giant monster fish like entities floating around Sansar's orbit and making periodic encircling trips around the empire. Early in running, staffed by Zelfs with similar protections as above, the luxury is provided by the Courtships of the Moonmen and the dealings of which are outlined in detail below.

Alright, I've put so much, we've put so much work into this. Don't blow it now. Debut night, go. Live in 5... 4... . ... . ... . ...

heliotropebroadcast.png.694ace0ecf311bbc783fa628f9655d04.png
Hello! Holly Hakurei Heliotrope, slinging thrills to every corner of the Heliosphere. Allow me to introduce our program list while we put on some cool jazz and hot musical numbers in the background.

First up is Dopamine Dessert, a program about finding various cute animals across all of Sansar, and eventually beyond. We've got the crew on the luxury tours along our kaiju migration, scoping every corner for a curated list of novel and popular beasties from inside the belly of the biggest beast you'll ever see.

Next is Rampaging Robowars, a system where you, yes you, viewers, can craft machines to cage fight against each other in molten combat. Do you think you've got what it takes to become robonaut champion? Do you think you can find an exploit in our rules and cheese your way to the top? The meta will be Sansarhaking.

We have the Kaiju Migration, which is our seasonly tour around the system, where we collect persons of interest for competitions and tourism. Literally the finest travel you can get in all the galaxy, especially with prime tier tickets. Especially good for building up the e sports scene, where we gather people up from different corners of the empire to compete against each other in real time, with no latency compared to regular internet, let alone attempting to do it over the InterPlaNet.

Dopamine Dessert

Make sure to click the images to get the full segment, clickables within the descriptions are towards products and services.

dragblob.jpg.d598fb792847c6f3fda4a86d5138c29a.jpg
A segment about the creatures known as skyju, a resident of the broadcasts very own Moonsoul Mountains. Specifically the wilds that contain it. Despite being often smaller than a spaceball, they nevertheless can assimilate objects many times their size and hold powerful elemental powers under their cute facade.

Plushies sold in
[Stores Now], plushies are not actual skyju, do be careful about mistaking a real skyju for a plushie.

20230628_144950.jpg.5360e79e96e9aab25aa74719b8dde25d.jpg20230628_145033.jpg.75aa9d11cefc0a5838e81fd15a1cff46.jpg

Coming from Burtzland, observing the wildlife and trees, we have birds. Birds of some kind, we've yet to specify a name. But they're exotic and this is when we're scoping them out. [Enter a chat] to vote on what you think the most entertaining name we can use for this creature is (wrong answers only).

kitty.jpg.baa7fdd0836b79732599232d9c6f0136.jpg

Kittens, don't you just love them? The war within Upleft Chonkia has left a lot of animals without homes, and the Jy'mar can't use them all as mounts. Go ahead and browse all the images, curated and modified for maximum cuteness value. If you're so inclined, buy a kitten today [/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\], (bid while supplies last).

Edited by Rocket Relm (see edit history)
Name
Secret
2d6 3,3
Coerce on TP 2 of Region 70 (Laborers)
2d6+6-1 6,5

Eilif Dhaoine
Round 3

Regions: The Reserve (25), Lassal (24), The Emerald Expanse (41)

Leader: Clagath of Deargabh
Diplomacy 7 Military 7 Economy 4 Faith 4 Intrigue 4

Actions

End of Turn Ruler Increases: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Faith

1. Adopt Faith - Coedd [Faith] - Unrolled
    For nearly a decade now, the Eilif Dhaoine government had left matters of faith and how to respond to the attentions of varous new belief systems - both originating on Sansar and from offworld - as a question for the people to answer. They saw little reason to dictate what people had to believe in, and welcomed the attention of various Elect countries trying to make their way of thinking popular among the Dhaoine. In the end though, they knew that they would always have to make a choice of which faith to support and after some time considering and assessing the situation it appeared that in the Reserve Coedd was all - well, not exactly, but enough people living in the Reserve's cities saw things the way Coedd's followers do that the government decides to follow suit. Even the pragmatists who scoffed at the idea of the plant intelligence being a god couldn't deny that Coedd had been a rather useful friend.
  2. Full-Spectrum Media Packages - Give Media Support in The Reserve (25) to BRG [Faith] - Unrolled
    The offer put forward by the Basu-Rahman Group is quite interesting. The common Dhaoine seem rather in favour of more entertainment, more media, more of everything the BRG offers, while in the Eilif Dhaoine government many officials are rather in favour of the financial incentives provided in exchange for help ensuring the Group's many voices are heard in the Reserve and others make a different argument - that the Eilif Dhaoine military are putting themselves in a position that may leave themselves and the government open to scrutiny, and having the largest media group in Tekhum on side may well prove useful. All in all, there's little dissent when the Group's offer is accepted - nobody is blind to the rumours surrounding the organisation, but the Dhaoine would be hypocrites if they refused to deal with someone because of their underhanded dealings.
  3. Raise Reputation with BRG [Diplomacy] - 15, Success
    The parts of the Eilif Dhaoine government that see the use in having the media on-side for the Dhaoine's future wars don't stop at signing over media rights and spend some more time making friends among the reporters, officials and representatives of the Basu-Rahman Group. All signs point to things going quite well.
  4. Sway Government Support of 43 [Diplomacy] - 10, Failure
    Bouyed by their early successes getting the local leaders to accept the idea that they may have a place in Eilif Dhaoine, the elements of the government backing the plan push their representatives to get to work pushing things along and ensuring that everyone's on the page. They soon run into problems, though - while they had been able to work around the unpleasant attitudes and distrust of outsiders shown by many of the people here, they weren't miracle workers.
  5. Invade 42 [Military] - GM rolled

Details

Commander: Giomad of Fairnead (Mil 8) leading ground units, Podrick Ceave (subcommander, Mil 3) leading space units
    Doctrine: Bleed Them Dry (+1 battle, +10% enemy casualties)
    Units: 2 Ground, 1 Space
    Route: 25 -> 42, using Wet Navy Ships, no distance losses or space units required (although space units are comitted for orbital superiority purposes)
    Modifiers: Expected space superiority for +3 to the battle roll, 1 Treasure spent for +1 to the battle roll

After his success securing a foothold in Chonkia and embarrassing General Veldoon - Giomad kept the man's medals as a trophy, slung over a railing inside his personal heavy crawler tank - the commander of Eilif Dhaoine's military was hungry for more, and the arrival of the rebuilt First as reinforcements only makes him bolder. West of the Emerald Expanse was the Flowering Lands, the dominion of the Cerulean Kingdom, a rich and wealthy land whose people, as Giomad say it, had grown complacent in recent years. They had a sizeable military, yes, enough to match if not slightly outnumber the lannan at his disposal, but he was confident that he and his army would far outstrip those they faced when it came to quality and tenacity.

Back in the Reserve, Clagath leaves the Aonach to be met with government officials with concerned faces explaining that Giomad has just invaded another Elect country - one that had been quiet in recent years, yes, but nonetheless they were still one of those given special status by the Emperor. Clagath simply meets their concerns with a shrug and lets it happen - he saw no reason to rein Giomad in, and as for his choice of target...well, what happens will happen. He saw no reason to restrain the growth of Eilif Dhaoine out of fear that a distant Emperor may take offence.

Nonactions

• Host The Aonach of 2040

Event Subactions

Do not pay taxes (yes paying taxes was the whole reason I did an event but shush I changed my mind)

Hearing news that Badalian forces have captured part of Sansar, and immediately noticing protests from some Sansarite Elect members at this - primarily from the Glorious Purififers, who appear to have had their own stake in the region in question, and the Fiorid Principality on more general grounds - Clagath decides to act as mediator and offers for all involved (and any other country with a significant opinion on the matter - this is primarily extended to other Sansarite Elect members, but the Dhaoine do not turn away any interested offworlders) to send representatives to the Reserve and meet in Clagath's hall, to figure out exact grievances and to find potential solutions - or, if solutions are lacking, to try to establish some idea of what the response will be. It doesn't particularly serve Clagath's interests for an interplanetary war between Sansar and another world to break out, after all.

News and Rumours

• When the Eilif Dhaoine government was first formed, it was a bit of a slapdash affair, something that organically formed as city-states unified or were conquered and old local governments needed to be folded into the new status quo while still leaving each city properly managed. It has proven functional over the years since the country became one of the Elect, but according to Clagath that is not good enough. Over the years, the leader of Eilif Dhaoine has been passing reforms and making changes to the power structure of the government to, in his words, create a more streamlined and efficient country that can stand amongst other more established Elect countries. Critics, however, frame the changes as a power grab intended to solidify Clagath's grip on the top position in the government and ensure an easy and smooth succession to his daughter when he has to step down instead of leaving the position open to the rest of the Dhaoine's leaders.

In any case, the most recent change is one that both sides of the argument see as a watershed moment - the formation of the Knights of the Dhaoine (a name that those critical of them treat with derision, claiming that there's only two "people" the knights are going to help). Pulling together the scattered champions, lannan or sealga, that were used in the duels and battles that led to Eilif Dhaoine's formation, formalising their relationship to the government and transferring the benefits/payments they recieve for their work into holdings that depend on the prosperity of Eilif Dhaoine as a whole, this new institution is one intended to stabilise the government and prevent a backslide into the unification-era policies of internal wars and duels between champions to determine authority. Instead of fighting amongst themselves, the Knights can simply choose who they back, streamlining the entire process, and as they now have a stake in the success of Eilif Dhaoine, they will likely choose well. That said, the reason that Clagath ended up in the top spot the first time around was because of the wide base of now-Knights he had to support and fight for him, and that has translated to a strong hold on the Knights of the Dhaoine, many of those loyal to him taking positions of influence in the new institution.
  • While the growing conflict zones across Sansar and on other worlds draws the attention of many of the Dhaoine, the word from those in charge are to stay out of it outside of the regions the Eilif Dhaoine military is currently fighting over. Some sealga ignore that and engage in low-level profiteering and small-scale mercenary work as befits their individual inclinations, of course, but broadly speaking the efforts of the Dhaoine remain focused on their own conflicts (besides the government's diplomatic meddling in the situation on Chonkia, of course).

Statistics
Unit Count: 2 Ground, 1 Space
Treasure: 1 (Spending 1 this round)

Country Information

Special Actions Available:
Special Actions Used: Diplomacy 5, Military 5

Heir: Scorcha of Deargabh (Dynastic)
Diplomacy 3+1 Military 3+1 Economy 1+1 Faith 3+1 Intrigue 4+1

Diplomacy

Reputation/Favours
Imperial Court: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: -1 Rep)
Pan-Tekhum Worker's & Trader's Union: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: None)
Basu-Rahman Group: Rep 0, 0 Favours (Expected Change: +1 Rep, maybe +2)
International Renown: Renown 4
- Respected: +1 to Establish and Press Claim actions
- Admired: +1 to resist Impress and Sway actions
- Emulated: Embassies count as trade routes, use vassal CIs an addition time per round
- Jewel of Tekhum: Host events as a non-action, treat all stats below 4 as 4

Organisation Bases
None

Embassies
The Eucrus Alliance

Cultural Identities
Voracious Acquisition (Coerce)

Great Works
None

Military

Unit Cap: 9 (4 + 3 regions + 2 support)
Space Units: 1

Government Support: 24, 25

Generals
Giomad of Fairnead (Mil 8): Bleed Them Dry (+1 to the battle roll, +10% enemy casualties)

Admirals
None

Perfected Tactical Doctrines
None

Fortresses
None

Military Technologies

Technology Type Effect Prereqs Met?

Active Military Techs

Man-Portable Weapons
Infantry Equipment
Combat Drugs and Medicine
Armored Vehicles
Field Fortifications
Engineered Combat Organisms

Detection and Rangefinding
Ship to Ship Weapons
Orbit to Ground Weapons
Crew and Maintenance
Armor and Shields
Spacecraft Propulsion

Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures
Special Forces
Logistics and Morale

Economy

Treasure: 4 (Expected Change: -2)
Treasure Cap: 5

Trade Posts
Effective Total TPs: 3
Treasure Rate: 0

Trade Post Resource Use Support Rate
25.1 Chitincraft Wargear None Owned 2
29.3 Wine 25 DI Unowned 1

Mercantile Support

Arcologies
None

Trade Routes
None

Technology Type Effect Requirements Met?
In Vivo Modification Starter None None Yes
Wet Navy Ships Traversal Ground units can cross oceans None Yes

Faith

Media Support: 25

Faith Size: 3
Organised Faith Bonuses
None

Artefacts
None

Holy Orders
None

Miracles
None

Intrigue

Espionage Agency: No

Claims

25 - Integration

43 - Confederation

Total Passive Effects

Traversal:
Wet Navy Ships: Ground units can cross bodies of water

Actions:
Renown: +1 to Establish Claim and Press Claim

Defence:
Renown: +1 to resist Sway and Impress actions

Misc:
Renown: Can treat stats lower than 4 as 4 for actions

Edited by volthawk
time for action fluff (see edit history)
Name
Raise Reputation with BRG (Diplomacy 7; TN 10)
2d6+7 5,3
Sway Government Support of 43 (Diplomacy 7 + 1 Renown; TN 12)
2d6+8 1,1

The Dwarven Industrial Coalition

Chief Executive Hammond Durham
Military: 8+1
Economy: 5+1

Regions
The Central Claims: 97(Capital)
???: 90

Actions

[MIL] Impress Government Support in Region 90

Now that Region 90 has been subdued, the Dwarves begin working on convincing the Brewmasters that being part of the Industrial Coalition is in their interest.
[MIL] Invade Region 95

Using 4 space units and 1 ground unit led by Dr. Horace Thorn (10), using the Tactical Doctrine Engineered Onslaught (+1 to battle, +10% enemy casualties)

[ECO 5] Industrial Investment in Region 90

After the drunken brawling that took place in the region, the locals and dwarves both begin repairing the brewing equipment and arranging for regular trade.

[ECO] Buyout al-Miraya (88) TP 3 for Crystal Weave

With support

[MIL] Raise a Ground Unit

Embassies

Trade Routes

Non-actions

Allow the Union to inspect Dwarven facilites.

Mytho-Historical Data Gathering

The legend of the Progenitor, coming soon...

News and Rumors

Bookkeeping

Characters

Hammond Durham: Chief Executive. Expansionist. Pragmatic. Boisterous
Dr. Horace Thorne: Engineer/Admiral. Clever. Skeptical. Inquisitive.

BRG 1:

• +1 to Investigations, +2 in regions with BRG Media Support.

REN 2:

• +1 to Establish and Press claims
  • +1 to resist Impress and Sway

Military

Units:

Unit Cap: 4 + 2 [region] + 1 [govt support] = 7

Space Units: 4

Total: 5

Generals:

Admirals:

Dr. Horace Thorne: Mil 10. Engineered Onslaught: +1 to battle, +10% enemy casualties. Not perfected.

Military Technologies:

Economy

Treasure:

0/5

+0 per round

Trade Posts:

(S) indicates merchant support

Ice: 95 (S)

Civilian Techs:

Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry

Algorithmic Imagination

Arcane Amplification

Fusion Power

In Vivo Modification

Vacuum Adaptation

Xenolinguistic Cataloguing

Edited by bc_56 (see edit history)
Name
Impress 90 Govt. Support
2d6+8 4,5
Buyout 88.3 (support)
2d6+7 5,6

Soom-Clan Marauders
Chieftess Varsa Soom
D4 | M6 | E4 | F4 | I2

News and Rumors
- None yet

[Diplomacy] Mytho-Historical Data Gathering - Collections of oral histories, what census records are available, poetry. There is a desire in some quarters to be known, to be 'legitimate', whatever that may mean.

[Diplomacy] Raise Reputation with WTU [TN 10, Roll 12, Success] - Alongside the inspection, the Soom-Clan invites consultants from the Union, from Narsai, even from the Ishtahn since they seem to have strong opinions on the matter. Some of the more forward-thinking planners among the Soom ask, now that the promised revanche against the Greenlands is in progress, what next? Simply killing all of the Greenlanders would be madness, and the traditions of thralldom become inapplicable so far from the worst of the deep dustlands. The Soom have traditionally treated one another as a very large family, but the Greenlanders are not part of that family, nor are they of the clans, beholden to clan traditions. New bureaucracy will be necessary, new law. Law and Labor. Friendship with the Union would be an ideal point to begin from - a group already used to both the vagaries of desert life and the needs of offworlders and greenlanders alike.

[Military] Raise 1 Ground Unit - As the warfront over and around the Crater Lake at the center of the Greenland continues to warm, more warwheels are pressed into service, crewed by Soom-Clan partisans and recruits from tributary clans alike.

[Military] Invade Region 55 with 3 Ground Units and 1 Space Unit, spending 1 Treasure - Warlord Sigrid found her campaign much more complicated than the seasons before: Newfound enemies among the Elect had joined the fray as tensions continued to rise, while the surprising presence of reinforcements from Ishtahnos of all places threatened infighting in her ranks - they meant well, sort of, but there were matters her people and theirs simply did not see eye to eye on. A bloody campaign stretched before her eyes, the icy death promised by the Antithotron somehow the least of her concerns.

Details

Space Front led by Twilight League Admiral Void-leader Seraphine: +1 SCM Unit, +1 TWI Unit, +3 SNK Units, +9 Commander, total +14. Tactical Doctrine Overwhelming Tempo.

Ground Front led by General Warlord Sigrid: +3 SCM Units, +2 ISH Units, +10 Commander, +1 Treasure, +2 Foothold, total +18. Tactical Doctrine Rust, Dust, and Guts (+3 to Battle and +10% own casualties).

[Military] Invade Region 56 with 2 Ground Units and the same Space Unit, spending 1 Treasure - Feeling a touch overshadowed and undercut by Warlord Sigrid's competence and suspecting she has the front against this "Antithotron" creature well in hand, Yaki Soom's attention is drawn elsewhere, to an anomalous call for help on the airwaves. With a grin, she announces a change of campaign plans - where Warlord Sigrid and the bulk of the main forces would continue pressing in from the East, she would take a column of warwheels and infantry upon Palu Soom's carrier for insertion further west, to attack the south Greenlands - this Thotron may have been prepared for an incursion from the east, but would these deeper greenlands be remotely prepared for the wrath of the Red? Perhaps. But her curiosity about this so-called Count Federico tempted her to adventure, and her mother had placed her in charge of this operation - though at the time she made this decision, there were fewer Agbadans and warships in her path. No matter - she was hardly going to back out now.

Details

Equivalent Space Front led by Twilight League Admiral Void-leader Seraphine: +1 SCM Unit, +1 TWI Unit, +3 SNK Units, +9 Commander, total +14. Tactical Doctrine Overwhelming Tempo.

Ground Front led by Heir Yaki Soom: +2 Units, +5 Commander, +1 Treasure, total +8. Tactical Doctrine Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to Battle, +10% own casualties, -10% enemy casualties.).

Let's find out what this Count Federico's Deal is!

Non-Actions
- Subscribe to Snake News
- Welcome WTU inspection - The Soom-Clan is, broadly speaking, on a war footing. This does not mean there isn't conventional labor happening; Crystal Mining remains a major industry, as do vehicle maintenance and moisture collection. With the current war footing, the number of raids has gone down drastically and the thrall presence in the mines is at a record low, so technologies from across the stars have increasingly begun to fill the gap - automating the most dangerous processes, improved filtration technology for managing the threat of toxic or radiological hazards, and so on. The Youngest of the Soom Heirs, introducing themselves as Vee Soom, is happy to provide a tour of Shaft T7; she explains that this is the most active of the mining concerns and is eager to take input from the proud Veehran Union. She wears her heart on her sleeve and while her planetary-nationalistic fervor shows - even by Soom standards - she's greatly interested in any insight the inspectors have to offer in methods or means for improving overall safety and working conditions.

Embassy Actions
- Loan 1 TP of Energized Chrysoberyl to New Kildora via Trade Route to fulfill SNK's "Crystals" DI.
- Gift Vacuum Adaptation and Nuclear Fusion Technologies to the Sorcerers of New Kildora

Ruler Info

Chieftess Varsa Soom
Economy: 4
Faith: 4

Expected Stat Gains: +1 Military, +1 Diplomacy?

Heir Yaki Soom
Diplomacy: 2
Military: 4

Additional Notes

New Ruler Next Round?
NO

Military Units 6/6
- Warlord Pandar
- Warlord Hur
- Warlord Mun
- Warlord Kray
- Warlord Sigrid

- Carrier "No Truce with the Furies"

Treasure: 3/5
(+1 passive treasure/round)

Relics:
- No

Commanders:
- Warlord Sigrid (General 10; Rust, Dust, and Guts)

Embassies and Trade Routes:
- Embassy with New Kildora

Organizational Overview:
Imperial Court: Rep 0, 0 favors
Pan-Tekhum Workers and Traders Union: Rep 0, -1 favors
Basu-Rahman Group: Rep 0, 0 favors

Renown 0

[U]Temporary Cultural Identity - EMPTY[/U]
[U]Permanent Cultural Identities - EMPTY [/U]

[U]Tactical Doctrines[/U]
- Measured Advance (-10% casualties for both sides)
- Aggressive Assault (+10% casualties for both sides)
- Overwhelming Tempo (+2 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties, and -10% enemy casualties)
- Indecisive Engagements (-2 to own battle roll, -10% own casualties, and +10% enemy casualties)
- Rust, Dust, and Guts (Warlord Sigrid, +3 to own battle roll, +10% own casualties)

Technologies
econ - Dust Hardening, Vacuum Adaptation, Aclaustrophobic Psychiatry, Algorithmic Imagination, Arcane Amplification, In-Vivo Modification, Nuclear Fusion, and Xenolingustic Cataloguing
mil - None

[U]Ground Front technologies:[/U]
[B]- Man-Portable Weapons:[/B]
[B]- Infantry Equipment:[/B]
[B]- Combat Drugs and Medicine:[/B]
[B]- Armored Vehicles:[/B]
[B]- Field Fortifications:[/B]
[B]- Engineered Combat Organisms:[/B]
[U]
Space Front technologies:[/U]
[B]- Detection and Rangefinding:[/B]
[B]- Ship to Ship Weapons:[/B]
[B]- Orbit to Ground Weapons:[/B]
[B]- Crew and Maintenance:[/B]
[B]- Armor and Shields:[/B]
[B]- Spacecraft Propulsion:[/B]

Either front:
[B]- Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures:[/B]
[B]- Special Forces:[/B]
[B]- Logistics and Morale:[/B]

[B]Trading posts (3 [5], 1 treasure/round)[/B] (mercantile supports: 74)
- 74 (Energized Chrysoberyl) TP1, TP2
- 73 (Silver Serpents) TP2

[B]Official Faith (Mother Serpent)[/B]
5 HS: +1 Battles in Dust Regions
10 HS: Not Set

[B]Controlled Regions, Supports, Holy Sites:[/B]
- 74: Government/Mercantile/Media, Mother Serpent (Majority)

Edited by BladeofOblivion (see edit history)
Name
Raise Rep with WTU, minus bribery this time
2d6+4 6,2