Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

My health status is improving, but Real Life tasks have piled up while I was recovering. I will see how fast I progress with the IC posts for a day or two before figuring out how much longer I need before considering who to accept.

Thank you all for your kind words.

3 hours ago, dalamb said:

My health status is improving, but Real Life tasks have piled up while I was recovering. I will see how fast I progress with the IC posts for a day or two before figuring out how much longer I need before considering who to accept.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better dalamb. Hopefully you continue to make a speedy recovery.

Curiosity question, how many people are you planning to accept? Or what kinda range if you are not sure on an exact number?

On 3/20/2024 at 4:36 AM, dalamb said:

So, I have come down with what feels like a cold and sore throat, which for me is accompanied by brain fog. I can't cope with anything creative until the brain fog lifts. I will post again when I can make any kind of progress. There might be a few semi-mechanical things I can do that require little brainpower but I am not going to try it today.

Hope you feel better soon @dalamb being under the weather always makes you appreciate being healthy all the more. Swift recovery to you!

i did mean to but I'm still not used to the new site. it was originally for when asking for rolls against Quotara's awful lie but then thought better of it and didn't edit it out.

10 minutes ago, Avaday Daydream said:

Out of curiosity, who else is a navigator? Lastanor's really good at Knowledge (Geography), but sahuagin are light-sensitive so it'd be nice to have someone around to take over during the day.

There are a few other applicants who have applied to be navigator. Though it should be noted that dalamb did say in character creation "Acceptance tentatively by ZZ, which starts a discussion among accepted players about adjustments to balance character spotlight time and manage any overlap in roles and abilities."

Which leads me to believe that if two people apply as say, navigator, one might get the job and another might find a second choice that is a good fit for them. For example, Erika (my character) is applying as a wind singer. She might be equally a fit for first mate, doctor, or quartermaster to fill out the party. Or with the switching of skill points, navigator.

So this came up in my private thread: freebooters, in the general sense of the word, are also pirates. Plundering and thieving folks, and all that. I first saw "freebooter" as the Pathfinder archetype and just made the assumption that they were synonymous with privateers, which was very false.

10 hours ago, Avaday Daydream said:

Out of curiosity, who else is a navigator? Lastanor's really good at Knowledge (Geography), but sahuagin are light-sensitive so it'd be nice to have someone around to take over during the day.

I did windsinger but with the bard abilities I could navigate with Bardic Knowledge if that is a party need

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)

Navigator and pilot here. Could also go with Boatswain as well though. In fact, there are few positions that Sven probably couldn't do. Like he couldn't do Anchorman.

6 hours ago, joran1313 said:

Navigator and pilot here. Could also go with Boatswain as well though. In fact, there are few positions that Sven probably couldn't do. Like he couldn't do Anchorman.

No Ron Burgundy here?