Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Howdy

Gnaws

Hey all! I'm a long-time TTRPG player and game design hobbyist looking to try something new. A main player in my IRL group is taking some paternity time off and I'm looking for a way to scratch that roleplaying itch.

I've played a lot of different systems but am primarily interested in joining a 5e or PF2e game. I might have to pre-make some characters because applications fill up fast here!

As a player I'm interested mainly in the narrative and being able to focus on my character's development, but all parts of the game have their place. My preference is a little more grimdark/serious in tone, but I'll mesh with anything as long as other characters aren't silly oddballs.

Keeping my eye on the advertisements!

3 hours ago, Gnaws said:

Hey all! I'm a long-time TTRPG player and game design hobbyist looking to try something new. A main player in my IRL group is taking some paternity time off and I'm looking for a way to scratch that roleplaying itch.

I've played a lot of different systems but am primarily interested in joining a 5e or PF2e game. I might have to pre-make some characters because applications fill up fast here!

As a player I'm interested mainly in the narrative and being able to focus on my character's development, but all parts of the game have their place. My preference is a little more grimdark/serious in tone, but I'll mesh with anything as long as other characters aren't silly oddballs.

Keeping my eye on the advertisements!

Welcome to the Weave, Gnaws. Don't worry about being quick around here - application time frames are typically in terms of days and weeks, rather than hours like in some other communities. Which is good, since you can take your time creating characters that suit the campaign.

Anyhow, in case you haven't seen it yet, here's a link to our Myth-Weavers v6 User Guide, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful. We do things a touch differently than some other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Game Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways. There is much to be gained by going outside of the box, after all.

Also, I recommend getting chatty through out the forums or even dropping by our Discord Channel, especially if you have questions. Just watch out for those welcoming harpoons - they're harmless... mostly 😂

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki