Character Creation - Rules and Q&A

Penchant

Heck, this is my first ever read of the rules 😅 So yeah, "how about we play by the rules before trying to break them" is totally fine in my books too.

Hey there Penchant, it's been a while 😅 the game concept & the system seems like a blast to try out, I'd like to throw a character in the ring if you don't mind!

Think my concept's going to be a character that a popular streamer rolled up ironically to test the game out (that they're now stuck as.)

Queue the personality of the likes of Asmongold tacked onto a nekomimi magical girl.

1 hour ago, Azure Kestrel said:

Do you have room for potentially one more? (I'm still learning how this site works!)

Well I usually just run up to six in a group so I already have more than I can run. But you can still throw your hat in and I'll select players next week. This is common practice here when there are more players than slots.

1 hour ago, m3owdy said:

Hey there Penchant, it's been a while 😅 the game concept & the system seems like a blast to try out, I'd like to throw a character in the ring if you don't mind!

Think my concept's going to be a character that a popular streamer rolled up ironically to test the game out (that they're now stuck as.)

Queue the personality of the likes of Asmongold tacked onto a nekomimi magical girl.

Ahoy there matey. Yeah sounds good :)

Things are looking good! I'm glad to see I have plenty of interest on this one. Later this week I'll go through each character and check out the details but as simple as the system is, I don't expect any major issues. I already like a bunch of the writing you guys have done.

I can only take six players so I will have to cull as is tradition. We'll see if we get any more applicants during the week. Anybody I can't take initailly will be on the back bench in case I need alternates.

Um, I didn't read the rules. :orctwitch: I'm gonna have to grind out a blurb about Bob or whoever, Mercurius1, before Saturday. I also found a chibi picture in keeping with the tone and the spirit of the Chib race that I could live with, so I'll be changing that as well.

edit: phew, DONE. 💪

Edited by rorytheromulan (see edit history)

@Cairo you're amazing, thanks for the detailed advice - someday I'll be able to write stuff on MW like that. I'll have to study your post source and try my hand at it sometime.

For me it's always just been messing with ASCII characters and/or MW formatting itself, but some things just don't quite carry over from OGMW...

Break RPG. It's a Kickstarter campaign. It's still possible to buy the PDF. Others may have different opinions, but I think of it as a modern rpg with the feel of Fabula Ultima with rules and customization dialed back.

Hey Lex :orcsmile:

I'm a big fan of the various fantasy anime/isekai tropes covered in the locales of the setting, because of that it'll be fun and make sense to have a really motley band of characters.

By the way, I should've asked earlier, @Penchant, how much of our Player and how much of our Character are we doing here? Should our Characters have background that matters (as if our Players had been playing as their Characters for a bit prior to the events of the game, fully immersed or not) or are they more like straight-up avatars for our Player? If you can tell us without spoiling too much?

Edited by m3owdy (see edit history)